3 Best Lenses for Video - Fuji X-T3

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 13 сен 2024

Комментарии • 179

• @DanielHoang
    @DanielHoang 5 лет назад +94

Keep making more videos about filming with Fuji. There’s too many Sony shooters and it’s nice to hear more from Fuji shooters.

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  5 лет назад +15

Hey Daniel, thanks for this! I actually have WAY TOO MANY debates with videographers about Sony over Fuji. People are still really dead set with the A7s being THE ONLY option for shooting. It's so ridiculous. Glad to see you feel the same.
      -T

• @funhorizon5494
      @funhorizon5494 4 года назад +2

yes, please make more videos about Fuji, cause there're a few useful video for it out their with limited information.

• @Vikingdescendent
    @Vikingdescendent 4 года назад +11

The Fuji 18 to 55 mm is a superb lens. Great range, light, well built and has OIS. Works great in hand held video. The sharpness is exceptional and as good as anything out there. I picked the X T3 over the Sony A7 3, because I think it's more advanced and has more features. Just looking through the hi res EVF is a treat!

• @soruhoru
    @soruhoru 5 лет назад +5

Great to see another Fuji filmmaker! I own one Canon lens, Canon 85 F1.4L with Fringer adapter. It's AF and IS work like a magic! You don't need to buy new lenses. Canon lenses work just great!

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  5 лет назад

What a great lens

• @soruhoru
      @soruhoru 5 лет назад +1

@@TheCreativeNest Actually I bought this lens instead of fuji 80 macro. For few months, I regretted buying it but once I knew how beautiful the image it renders, I've decided to keep it. Also, it is a fast prime with stabilization, very rare! Yes, the weight can be a problem and it bothers me sometimes but whenever I want to make subject pleasing, I always go back to this canon 85 f1.4.
      In your case, I'd say, if you already have similar focal length, sell it. And if you have a canon telephoto, simply use it. Which lenses do you have?

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  4 года назад

@@soruhoru Hey! I'm currently quoting on a commercial, and I'm going to need some top quality glass. Sadly, there isn't much in the way of Rentals for fuji glass- so I've opted to get the fringer adapter so I can rent a Sigma Art prime kit for Canon. You're the only person I know who has first hand experience with the adapter. It is seamless? Any quirks I should know about?
      Thanks!
      T

• @71co0k
    @71co0k 4 года назад +11

Tip for the 18-55mm... throw an ND filter on there and it really removes any video look and gives the footage more of a cinematic look. Sorry... late to the party on this video, heh.

• @Alex-if6qs
      @Alex-if6qs 3 года назад

Hey do you have a specific ND filter to recommend?

• @71co0k
      @71co0k 3 года назад

@@Alex-if6qs Tiffen makes good quality affordable ones.

• @funhorizon5494
    @funhorizon5494 4 года назад +1

I've watched some of your videos, thanks for the information and i like the way you're telling your stories and talking, i'm not getting tired of hearing your voice. keep up the good work.

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  4 года назад +1

Hey! I'll be honest, I get VERY tired of hearing my own voice after an 8 hour edit bahaha. Thanks for the kind words!

• @funhorizon5494
      @funhorizon5494 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Hi, i'm watching lots of RUclips videos each and everyday and yours are nice, believe me, some videos are very unpleasant to watch, boring stories, bad voice, bad music, etc.

• @CappyJae
    @CappyJae 4 года назад +3

I think you would really like the 10-24 F4 OIS for video. The aperture is a little high, but it's amazingly sharp and its AF produces no sound, The 80mm F2.8 OIS is also similar and great.

• @karimnasser9226
    @karimnasser9226 3 года назад +2

I own a XE-3 and love it!! I mostly use the 27mm f/2.8 which is also a great lens for street photography, the 27mm means that you don't have to get too close to people. Both XE-3 and 27mm are not very popular however they form a great combination. As far as video the 27mm does not have IS but I've never had issues . I am thinking of trying Rokinon lenses but not sure how wide I will need. I also have a 18-55 with IS which I think is a great lens for video, it may not produce a shallow DOF, but I think that fast apertures are very over rated and over used. I see videos and photos shot at f/1.4 and wider, and you can't really tell where the shot was taken, the background is so blurred that it could be a poster on a wall. I believe that photo shoots and videos need a lot of background information, your position from the subject and the subject itself is what determines the composition and the "separation" from the background. f/2.8 produces a great DOF, and f/4.0 is even better. Smaller apertures allow for easy focus since the DOF is deeper, especially when using a manual focus lens. Enjoy photography, listen to professionals tips, but don't get too stuck with apertures. Just my two cents.

• @BUCCAT
    @BUCCAT Год назад

Love the vid. I have the 80D and I just bought a used x-T3 literally an hour ago. Looking forward to checking out your other vids.

• @红漆工漆红漆
    @红漆工漆红漆 3 года назад +1

very good choice

• @katelikesrectangles
    @katelikesrectangles 5 лет назад +1

Amazed at what you got out of the 18-55!

• @seamydobbsno1
      @seamydobbsno1 4 года назад

WHY ARE YOU AMAZED, ITS A GOOD FUCKING LENS!

• @danemilsaracanlao7158
      @danemilsaracanlao7158 3 года назад

@@seamydobbsno1 I'm amazed as well. (mainly because not yet that good enough to shoot haha

• @jonesmatthewlee
    @jonesmatthewlee 3 года назад +1

Great video! Enjoyed it very much! I've been practicing video with the XF 18-55. I really hope Fujifilm will make a 12mm prime.

• @twiglet2214
    @twiglet2214 4 года назад

I'm transitioning from Nikon D7100 to the X-T4 and i am looking around for lenses.On a review someone asked "why do Fuji charge so much for their lenses" ? The reply was "because they can" ! I would like to suggest it is because they are "table slappingly good" ! Great review and gave me some good ideas for lens acquisition. Because of lockdown my saved for later on Amazon is currently sitting at £85,000 so it's great that i have exercised restraint and not over stretched myself ! Seriously - i loved your sample footage and although i've been flip flopping between cameras the footage and stills i have seen have convinced me this is a seriously good piece of kit for the money so i'll be hitting the buy it now button and in the time honoured tradition i will be taking hundreds of images of my supercute Jack Russell - Mr Twiglet. Someone from Finland once told me there is a saying ,"listen - or your tongue will make you deaf" so i'll end it there. Luvvly Jubbly and thanks again for inspiring creativity. Exceedingly good table slapping.

• @vincencohan3626
    @vincencohan3626 2 года назад

Im new here but you can be a model too… looking great🙌🏻

• @liviosiano6057
    @liviosiano6057 4 года назад +3

I totally agree, the 18-55 stock lens is amazing ! it's sharp, it's stabilized ! I often use it at 18 mm on gimbal, the only thing that i don't like is that a 18 mm on a gimbal, f2.8, it has really low bokeh.
    I'm think about to buy another lens, but i cannot decide between 23 mm f2 and 35 mm f2. What's your opinion on them ?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Livio! Glad to hear you're a fan of the stock lens as well. You're right, 18mm at 2.8 doesn't accomplish that true bokeh look. As for preference, that's a good question! I've become very fond of the 35mm look (granted, on a crop sensor), and find that I accomplish better cinematic shots between 35mm and 50mm. However, this is completely subjective! What are you typically shooting and do you have a preferred subject? What has the rest of the internet been saying? I'd probably lean towards the 35mm, but I'm curious what the general opinion on that would be!
      T

• @RiskyDub
    @RiskyDub 4 года назад +1

At 3:42 you are talking about the 35mm f2 but on screen it says Rokinon 35mm. Can you confirm which lens the footage was shot with? I use the Fuji 35mm f2 and it’s never been as sharp as that video looks. What aperture? Thanks and great video.

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 4 года назад +4

I'm a serious amateur and considering buying either a a7iii, 76, or xt3. I'm strongly considering the xt3 because of size/weight, cost, and style (I like the manual style of operation- reminds me of my 1st Minolta SLR which I bought in 1969. I wondered why you went with fugi instead of a FF? Would you recommend this for a serious amateur?

• @ThisIsWideAngle
      @ThisIsWideAngle 4 года назад

Hey Allen,
      Depends on what you want to do with it and how.
      I had Sony and then went to Fuji.
      Sony makes technical beasts of cameras full of functions and innovation and everything is tuned up to create high-end images.
      Though the menu and interface is a complete mess with literaly hundreds of menu-points. The design of the body with the placement of buttons and dials is also not that great. Also you have to put some work into the files to make them look as you like. If you are not into editing, this might not the right system. But some people are totally fine with that and it's the best camera for them.
      Fuji has a focus on user experience. The cameras are beautifully and with a lot of thought designed. You actually want to just pick them and shoot. Also i started in the nineties with the Minolta of my father and i think you will feel right at home with the x-t3.
      Also because of the film simulations i started to do much less in postproduction, because i already like what i'm getting out of the camera.
      Go to a camera store and pick both of them up and see what camera you will prefer yourself.
      And the difference between full format and apsc is not as big as people think it is. There are not many cases it actually matters.

• @Kalvis1
      @Kalvis1 4 года назад

Hey Allen. Remember that the best camera is the one you bring with you. The compactness of Fuji cameras are amazing. And The X-T3 amazing for serious photographers also.

• @dizi2525
    @dizi2525 4 года назад

I start watching this video for lenses and find myself forget lenses and watching u 🤗

• @antonykoning6381
    @antonykoning6381 3 года назад

Love your vids ! 📷✨

• @verryniccocp
    @verryniccocp 2 года назад

Love you ❤️

• @dregordon9650
    @dregordon9650 2 года назад

Thank you 🙏🏾

• @HopeProphecy
    @HopeProphecy 3 года назад

Great info! Which lens would you recommend on the XT-3 for shooting simple talking-head videos on RUclips? I will be using cinematic-style lighting. Here is an example of the type of footage I will shoot: ruclips.net/video/awRm0eGx644/видео.html Thanks!

• @nathanielngosy
    @nathanielngosy 4 года назад +1

Greetings T! Thanks for sharing to us the lenses you use as your video-centric workhorses. I'm currently considering fuji as my next photography gear investment coming off from a Nikon DSLR system. And your video comment here about the XT3 wearing out quickly like your 18-55/2.8-4.0 caught my attention as the XT3 is one of my candidate fujifilm body (The others being an XT4 or even an XPro3). What did you mean by the XT3 wearing out so quickly? Could you elaborate and would you recommend that body to me considering durability and toughness are major factors for me in investing on a body (because maybe the XPro3 with its titanium/magnesium-construction maybe the better option over the XT4/XT3?). Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

• @Davidyateman360
    @Davidyateman360 5 лет назад +1

Good tips Tanya! 📸👍.

• @DamesMay
    @DamesMay 4 года назад +2

Awesome video! I've just switch from Sony to Fuji so it's great to see this! New subscriber here :D

• @organismx
      @organismx 4 года назад

how do you feel about editing H265 All-i vs Sony XAVC H264, Is it that much of a difference.

• @ThomasJackMoore
    @ThomasJackMoore 4 года назад +1

You talked me into it. I subscribed.

• @aleabogado6703
    @aleabogado6703 3 года назад +1

I have a question. Important question. Do you work in spain?

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  3 года назад

Hey there! I unfortunately do not. I live in Canada- so I'm a bit of a trek away haha

• @quandotle8720
    @quandotle8720 4 года назад +1

Fuji shooter as well! Love the video, been using the 18-55mm for travel quite a bit. I've been debating saving some coin for the 16-55 f2.8 as a substitute with a gimbal. What are your thoughts on the 16-55mm? Have you had a chance to test this lens out? Cheers!

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  4 года назад +3

Hey there! No, I haven’t had a chance to sample the 16-55mm 2.8. I’m sure it’s great though. I’d love to have a 2.8 when I’m cropped in at 55mm! It would likely be a better version of the stock lens (similar range at least). Let me know if you run with it!
      T

• @jonnham
    @jonnham 4 года назад +1

Gorgeous

• @SEOvoodoo
    @SEOvoodoo 2 года назад

Hi @Creative Nest - would you use a 18-55 lense to record youtube talking-head style videos (with blurred background) in a small 2.5 metre room? Or would a 35mm be better? Many thanks for your great videos (couldn't stop laughing at the 'to hot in here' moments!

• @eliaspap8708
    @eliaspap8708 4 года назад +1

somehow You make the Fuji camera look even more beautiful then it already is. Love the12mm although I don’t use it much as I do more photography, If you get a Chance try out the 10-24mm f4 I would love to know your thoughts, I think would be the perfect lens 4 U, it maybe a bit slow being F4 but it really makes up for it in sharpness, image stabilisation and it has a great zoom range.

• @TheCreativeNest

Aw! Thanks for the wonderful feedback, Elias. As for the 10-24, I agree. I’d love to try it. It has been referred to me by a few folks now. I’ll keep a look out for Boxing Day sales!

• @CraigVanDusenOutdoorAdventures
    @CraigVanDusenOutdoorAdventures 5 лет назад +1

I would like your professional opinion on a good small light weight camera that also has flip up screen so I can see myself when video. I am using a Olympus TG-870 Tough carry two of them, This camera is working great for my outdoor camping videos, but I think its time to upgrade. Thanks!

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Craig! Thanks for taking the time to check out the channel. I'm happy to chat cameras and share an opinion. Your current cameras are point and shoot models, and it sounds like you've "outgrown" them. (Yay! Improving!) First thing to establish is your price point for an upgrade, and if you're open to moving away from your existing camera type.

• @benjaminbarth6162
    @benjaminbarth6162 Год назад

Hey, which Gimbal do you use for the xt3?

• @hamidrastin5895
    @hamidrastin5895 4 года назад

thank you it was very helpful for me.

• @chtojeetovsezanyali
    @chtojeetovsezanyali 4 года назад +1

do you shoot 4k usually? p.s.: thanks for video)

• @omsai4241
    @omsai4241 3 года назад

I like it 😎

• @myotatuntoinenmieli-wilhelm
    @myotatuntoinenmieli-wilhelm 4 года назад +1

Thank you for a good video. I actually got somthing I haveńt got elswere. Pleas continue

• @TheCreativeNest

Amazing! Happy to hear it. Thanks for watching :)

• @hectoro5144
    @hectoro5144 4 года назад

Hello Tanya I recently discovered your channel because I found a Fuji XT3 on the Internet and I bought it and I just fell in love with you you’re a beautiful charming intelligent creative and hard-working girl I enjoy very much watching your channel cheers

• @MrBazsi888
    @MrBazsi888 4 года назад +2

after you change the zoom setting for the 18-55mm lens in the shoot, do you readjust the gimbal balance for the 'new' weight distribution every time ?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey! Great question. I actually don't have to. So long as I set the balance for the lens at around 30mm, and my screen flipped partially out. The gimbal is incredibly forgiving as I zoom in and out, and I usually stop to quickly rebalance every 30 mins or so, or if I notice i's slightly off. But for the most part, it's great. No jitter or weird angles. I suspect I have that window to work within because the gimbal's max capacity ins't being challenged. It definitely isn't as forgiving with heavier cameras or lenses.
      Cheers!
      T

• @TheLiZhou
    @TheLiZhou 5 лет назад

For such a light setup, do you think the Zhiyun Crane plus is quite heavy? Have you ever thought about the zhiyun crane m2?

• @JaimeAndresMedia
    @JaimeAndresMedia 4 года назад

Awesome video! Very informative and entertaining. I just got an XT3 and I’m going through your vids! Sub’d

• @homesavvytech
    @homesavvytech 3 года назад

A nice review that Tanya. I mostly do gadget reviews and stuff (only videos :)). Moving from a SonyA6000 to the new Fuji X-S10. Should I rather get the 35mmf2 than the kit if I only shoot indoors, at my desk?

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  3 года назад +1

Hey there! I think the 35mm would be a good bet, but you'll want to make sure you're atleast 4-6ft away from the camera, otherwise the 35mm is pretty tight. I would also suggest getting a variable ND filter (I have a video about the GOBE one for the 35). It will let you have a super soft background behind you while keeping you sharp, without over exposing you or your background. The f/2 is where the 35 really shines, so I'd make sure you can get use out of that feature. Cheers!

• @homesavvytech
      @homesavvytech 3 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Thanks. will surely check the video on the filter. Going by what you said, I'm also thinking of trying the 23mmF2, which will also double up as a nice option for outdoors.

• @harrisonevans8988
    @harrisonevans8988 4 года назад

Have you had issues with stuck/dead pixels? I just switched and the first body had a white pixel cluster in center frame. The replacement has a cluster on the side of the frame. Took me a day on the first and a couple weeks on the second to find/develop them...seems like nobody else has this issue.

• @austinjbrunner
    @austinjbrunner 4 года назад

Thanks! I appreciate this!

• @RonMiki8
    @RonMiki8 4 года назад

Thanks for the video! I too shoot cinematic videos with the XT3 kit lens. Still a beast of a camera and lens in 2020. Thanks for the tips! You're very personable :)

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey RonMiki! Thanks for watching, and for your kind words!

• @RonMiki8
      @RonMiki8 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest np! Subbed :)

• @NorthWoodsCountryBoy
    @NorthWoodsCountryBoy 4 года назад +1

Thanks for the helpful video! How do you find shooting video on the XT3 with prime lenses and no ibis? Do you use a gimbal to get smooth shots?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Caleb! I use the gimbal for pretty much everything haha. The stabilization in the kit lens is actually really great, and I can manage some stunning handheld shots with it. Attempting handheld on the 35mm (no stabilization), is a little rough. Sometimes Warp Stabilizer in Premiere can do the trick. Would recommend only shooting handheld with lenses that have stab. included.
      T

• @NorthWoodsCountryBoy
      @NorthWoodsCountryBoy 4 года назад

Creative Nest Okay, thanks for the reply! Does the gimbal work pretty well when using prime lenses?

• @acabuado
      @acabuado 4 года назад +1

Hi, great video many thanks, I am new to the Fujifilm ecosystem. Can u recommend a gimbal?

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 4 года назад +2

How high can you push the ISO on the xt3 and still have confidence in your image quality?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Allen! That really depends on the other settings you're shooting with at the time, and the lighting conditions in the space. So I wish the answer was simple- but it isn't. HOWEVER!
      Short answer: I have found the Fuji is great in low light, and if my shutter and aperture are already as low as I can reasonably go, I crank the ISO to whatever setting necessary to capture my footage. I have pushed it upwards of 5000 to 8000 for wedding receptions with minimal grain. What compromises the quality of the shot isn't so much the ISO being high, but the fact that there is so little light to begin with.
      I have a night time sample reel that I shot at an outdoor skating rink in Kingston, ON. My ISO jumped anywhere from 3000 to 5000, and the image is crystal clear. You can find that video here: ruclips.net/video/lnyixb8wxb4/видео.html
      Cheers!
      T

• @allenschneider1847
      @allenschneider1847 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Thank you so much. I'm a serious amateur and wanting to get an xt3 (or xt4 if it comes out soon) but some act like without a FF one will always be "low light limited." I think for my purposes the fugi will be great. I really don't want to get into the cost or size/weight of a FF system. Plus the fugi systems are just so cool. Sort of reminds me of the 1st Minolta SLR I bought in 1969.

• @letsgetitfilms2422
    @letsgetitfilms2422 4 года назад +1

Does the autofocus works while filming in 1080p 100fps ?

• @TheCreativeNest

Not sure what you mean there.. The X-T3 allows for 23.96, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, and 59.94 frames per second. 100fps is not a frame rate option.

• @ilkbaharkunduzu1
    @ilkbaharkunduzu1 4 года назад

I will buy fuji xt4 or panasonic AG-UX90. I did not like that in some fuji videos its focus system is not working for moving objects. I will shot interior hand made products and I will use continuous video lights. Low light will not be an issue for camcorders but it has 1 inch sensor. However, the prime lenses (f2 ones) are faster in AF speed than zoom lenses. Instead of buying 18-55 if I may buy like 24, 35, 55 f2 that would be better I guess so I will not carry them outside that is not a problem. The objects will be in my control always. On the other hand that camcorder is made for video. For the focus I do not think I will have that AF issues. I do not know. Could not decide. What do you think?

• @TheCreativeNest

There's a whole lot happening in this comment/ question/ (statement?) I don't even know where to start hahah.

• @4STROKEHEAVEN
    @4STROKEHEAVEN 5 лет назад +1

Can you suggest some off camera flash for Fujifilm Xt-3 and how to setup it....
    Thank you

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  5 лет назад +1

Hello! Sure can. I was using a Yongnuo flash kit from Amazon for Canon (speedlite YN560iii) I was surprised to discover that the kit works perfectly on the Fuji as well! I can definitely put together a quick video on that 😊 thanks for watching and subscribing!
      T

• @4STROKEHEAVEN
      @4STROKEHEAVEN 5 лет назад

Thanks Tanya for your valuable time.....I would really appreciate it

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey there! I won't have a chance to get to a flash video for a while, mainly because my channel focuses on the video aspect of Fuji. However, I can confirm that the Yongnuo model mentioned below does in fact work for the X-T3. Here is a great set-up video to hopefully get you started! ruclips.net/video/oZrVcMuZ_zo/видео.html
      Cheers!
      -T

• @organismx
    @organismx 4 года назад +1

Starting to consider XT4, but would like to know how you feel about editing H265 codec compared to the canon codec?
    Does anyone know if a 2015 16GB intel core i7 Macbook Pro can handle the All-I 400mb/s H265 files ??? Anyone PLEASE ??? Before I make a mistake.

• @BeaveBallin7
      @BeaveBallin7 4 года назад +1

ORGANISMX are you me?? I have the same 2015 MBP, same specs, and I just preordered the XT4 two weeks ago. From what I’ve read, as long as you edit using proxies you should be able to get by without many problems. Otherwise you should expect a fair amount of lag especially in 4K. I took the advice of some replies I had gotten and “upgraded” my Mac to prepare - bought a new internal SSD and replaced the cpu/gpu thermal paste. My read/write speeds improved by about 15%. Not major, but I’ll take what I can get. Either way I doubled my internal storage and it’s not running as hot.

• @organismx
      @organismx 4 года назад

@@BeaveBallin7 LOL no you are me !! Thank you for the tip brother, thats the reason why I love the internet people helping people. I'm gonna look into that and try to do the same. Hey, did you go crazy on the lenses ? what did you buy?
      BTW here is a tip for you, check out the 8sinn XT3 cage best looking one out there in my opinion. I wrote to them asking if it would fit XT4, and they said NO but told me they are already making one for the XT4, I wrote back asking if they will add a cold shoe to it, they have not answered yet. I would suggest you wait for it. Best looking one I've seen.

• @stevendam8031
    @stevendam8031 4 года назад

XT3 is amazing.. should i get the sigma 18-35mm with fringer adapter or the prime 16mm f1.4 ? I like wide angle shots.

• @1337_vp
      @1337_vp 3 года назад

Get the 16mm

• @Shmyrk
    @Shmyrk 4 года назад

You said ratchet and I subscribed.

• @martinwolf2619
    @martinwolf2619 3 года назад

Would have been interesting to get some info about focus noise, af capability and focus breathing.

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Martin, sorry I let you down =S

• @martinwolf2619
      @martinwolf2619 3 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Please don’t mind. Good and interesting review!

• @v1ceCSGO
    @v1ceCSGO 3 года назад

have you tried the xf10-24?

• @THodl-ww9lk
    @THodl-ww9lk 4 года назад

Great to have a femal providing the Expertise 👌😊

• @MrOgranados
    @MrOgranados 5 лет назад +1

You should look into the Viltrox EF-FX1 adapter. It’s just an electronic adapter but it’ll get the job and it’s really affordable. IBIS will also be enabled. Great on the H1 and t3 as long as you don’t need continuous AF for video.

• @TheCreativeNest

That’s great, thanks for sharing! At this point, I’m pretty much always in manual mode. The focus peaking on the t3 is great, and in low light situations, auto focus definitely isn’t an option. That being said, no loss there. I’ll check it out. Cheers!

• @OneBlurryLens
    @OneBlurryLens 4 года назад

Hi, have you used your camera to shoot sports video as opposed to sports photography? I've been looking around for any tuts on shooting sports video and haven't found any. wondering what settings people use to shoot sports video. thanks!!!

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey there! I've shot a few sport-related things on my Fuji, from boxing to track and field. While I'm happy with the 4K 60FPS output, I would LOVE to capture in 120FPS for that extra beautiful slow-mo magic. If sport capture was my specialty or niche, I would have likely invested in another model. That isn't to say this FUji x-T3 isn't suited for sports. Ultimately, it will capture beautifully. But that little extra oomph in slow mo would be nice for certain post production choices.
      Worth noting, some sports require long-run capture. In that case 4K 60 wouldn't be ideal due to heat concerns. It depends entirely on what type of sport you're looking to document, and in what format (snippets and highlights or full game capture).
      Hope you're enjoying your camera!
      T

• @vpvaiphei9491
    @vpvaiphei9491 4 года назад +3

No offense to sony shooters. Fujifilm is twice satisfying in video than the a7 we own.

• @TimeSpace1
    @TimeSpace1 4 года назад +1

First of all, you have really pretty teeth. Second of all... can you tell me if the kit lens produces bokeh during video in somewhat of an interview style scenario (talking head), when at 18mm 2.8? Thanks!!

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey TimeSpace! I got a good chuckle out of that opening line hahaha
      Bokeh at 18mm 2.8. I'm thinking no.. it's pretty wide and anything that would be out of focus is actually pretty far in the background. I've shot interviews on this lens all the way through the focal length, and it isn't a great "interview lens" if you're looking for the soft bokeh look. However, as you'll notice from the sample footage, it can produce some stunning bokeh at 35mm to 50mm 4, depending how far you are from the object/ subject.
      But ya, in a nutshell, I wouldn't think of the kit lens as being a nice bokeh interview lens. I always opt for my 35mm 2. I've been meaning to pick up an ND so I can utilize the full potential of the 2, even in bright scenarios.
      Cheers!
      T

• @avs2396
    @avs2396 5 лет назад +1

Creative Nest... have you never had overheating issues with X-T3 4K video? do you record in 4K 24/30 or 60 fps? I'm worried about overheating...

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Aureli,
      Very valid question!! I actually can’t give you a solid answer on that because I haven’t done a long-run 4K capture with it. I have shot full days in 4K 60fps, (it’s mostly agency clients who request it) but it’s starting and stopping the whole time for the most part. Doesn’t give it a chance to overheat.
      I can confirm that at 1080p 60fps, it can run for at least 3 hours straight without overheating. I shot a very long live performance a few months back with the Fuji on a tripod. Aside from a battery and card swap whenever that needed to happen- it pulled through with zero overheating issues.
      Do you already own the X-T3?
      T

• @TheCreativeNest

Actually, I’ve got a lot of editing to do today- I’ll just let it run at 4K 60fps in the background and test it out for you today haha.
      Stay tuned 😉
      T

• @avs2396
      @avs2396 5 лет назад

@@TheCreativeNest Thanks for your answer. I'm trying to decide it actually.

• @avs2396
      @avs2396 5 лет назад

@@TheCreativeNest wow, thank you very much if you can test it! ;)

• @TheCreativeNest

@@avs2396 HEY! Alright, I tested it.
      It went just a little over the 1 hr mark, and a heat warning popped up on the screen. This is running non-stop @ 4K 60fps (100mbs). This is definitely not the normal or intended use for a camera like this. They are designed for stop and start, run and gun style shooting. In normal/ intended use cases, you could shoot all day and not run in to overheating. For example, I could shoot a full-day wedding (12 hour package) at 4K 60fps, and not encounter over heating, because of the start and stop through out the day. The only time I might have an issue is if it's a full catholic or orthodox wedding, which can run 1.5 hrs. In that case, I'd shoot at 1080p, and bring my back up camera.
      The reality is that mirrorless and even DSLRs aren't built to run for hours on end. I have a Sony NEX-FS100 that I hold on to for shoots like that.
      Hope this helps!
      T

• @katee9496
    @katee9496 4 года назад

I’m getting the XT3 to shoot videos of my dogs. Which 2 lenses would you recommend? Thank you in advance.

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Kate. I'd start with the stock lens that comes with the body. You'll get a lot of mileage & versatility out of that. Upgrade as you become more comfortable with what you're doing, and what you like to shoot. You'll identify limitations of the lens as you use it, and can make an informed decision about adding on to your lens kit from there.
      T

• @patrixiomadrid
    @patrixiomadrid 4 года назад

que bella

• @chadgtr34
    @chadgtr34 5 лет назад

speaking of expensive, i bought the Fujinon MKX 18-55 and MKX 50-135, amazing quality.

• @TheCreativeNest

That’s awesome! Do you have any sample photo/ video work to link to? If so, include in your reply 😊

• @heartandsoulfilms7816
    @heartandsoulfilms7816 4 года назад +1

you got a like the second you slapped the table

• @tebitan3780
    @tebitan3780 4 года назад

I haven't been able to mount the 18-55 on my gimbal, it vibrates all the time, so using the 16-55 unfortunately, which is quite heavy compared to the 18-55. Using the AK2000.

• @gmcubed
      @gmcubed 4 года назад

tebi tan vibrates? Why? Asking because I might up getting the same gear.

• @twiglet2214
      @twiglet2214 4 года назад

@@gmcubed I've been watching stuff on gimbals and have just acquired the Feiyu Tech Max 6 but not used it yet ! From what i have seen reducing motor power from 100% may be helpfull ? That worked for the example that i watched.

• @marginiuliaandreea3499
    @marginiuliaandreea3499 4 года назад

What gimbal do you use that is compatible with Fujifilm XT3? Thanks ✌️

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Margin, I use the Crane Plug because it is lightweight, compact and super easy to balance. The gimbal itself does not support the Fuji firmware however, this hasn't affected my use of this rig. The gimbal still communicates with the Zhiyun app, irrelevant of which camera body it is holding. So while some features are lost, the gimbal still accomplishes a lot without direct compatibility with the camera.

• @sylverestrao2151
    @sylverestrao2151 3 года назад

Hey, I wonder what gimbal you are using when you're doing short clips and films?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey! I use the Crane Plus for everything :)

• @sylverestrao2151
      @sylverestrao2151 3 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Thanks for answering my question. I actually watched several of your videos and you mentioned the Crane Plus. Thanks for making useful videos.

• @Dineslimbu
    @Dineslimbu 4 года назад +2

Recommend me cine lense for xt3

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  4 года назад +2

Hey DInesh, I'm about to shoot a commercial on the X-T3 with Sigma Cine 18-35 and 50-100. We'll see how it goes!

• @Dineslimbu
      @Dineslimbu 4 года назад

Creative Nest can i have your insta account😀

• @TheCreativeNest

@@Dineslimbu yup! @creativenest_films

• @brand10000
    @brand10000 3 года назад

7:07 ☠☠☠ haha so far I still only have 1 lens for this camera the 18-55 also gets sharp pictures, so now looking for one that zooms in a bit more

• @Weird_Quests
    @Weird_Quests 5 лет назад +5

What gimbal would you recommend?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Danyal, thanks for watching! I’ve only had hands on experience with the Ronin S, Ronin M, and Crane Plus. Honestly, the smaller you can go with gimbals the better, especially after a long day of shooting. You’ll be grateful to have carried a little less weight!
      It is entirely dependent on the camera and lens specs you are working with. For myself, the Crane Plus ha does my camera with zero issues. It’s light weight, packs up easy and compact, and runs all day long on one set of batteries.
      I’m a fan of the Ronin equivalent (the S, I believe?), but I found it to be a lot heavier with no added benefit.
      Let me know what you end up going with!
      -T

• @TheCreativeNest

A note about “the smaller the better “- so long as there isn’t a compromise on the gimbal’s weight capacity. I found that my Crane Plus struggles a little with my Canon 80D + sigma 17-50mm 2.8.
      It doesn’t struggle at all with my Fuji + Stock. Be sure to read up on weight requirement, and then look up a review to back it up. The Plus should technically be able to handle the 80D, but in application, it wasn’t ideal. A light weight gimbal such as the Plus is best suited for mirrorless only.
      -T

• @Weird_Quests
      @Weird_Quests 5 лет назад

Creative Nest thanks T - awesome in depth reply! Couldn’t have wished for better - thinking about getting the Ronin SC for gimbal work (can take up to 2.2/3kg easily which would work with most combinations.
      Have you used the sigma 18-35 1.8 with fuji yet? If so, what has your experience been?

• @TheCreativeNest

I have not. It was actually one of my first lenses for Canon (first upgrade above stock lens), and I found it to be too heavy for video so I migrated over to primes. It was a great photo lens though! I can’t imagine the quality would dip any- it’s great glass. Let me know how it goes if you end up giving it a shot. I’m curious.
      T

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  5 лет назад +2

Heads up! I'll be releasing a Gimbal video in the next couple of days :)

• @temov8092
    @temov8092 4 года назад

The Rokinon 12mm is stabilized? Because xt3 is not included the stabilizer.

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey there. Nope, the 12mm is fully manual. No auto anything. Best to use on a tripod or gimbal for video with the X-T3. Handheld might look a little rough. Mind you, it's quite wide, therefor more forgiving with shake/ jitters than a tighter lens (say, 35mm and up).

• @temov8092
      @temov8092 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest thanks ❤️

• @temov8092
      @temov8092 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest which one do you recommend for music video with ronin dj S?

• @TheCreativeNest

@@temov8092 Honestly, couldn't say. It depends entirely on your creative vision, and what you want to produce.

• @swashy8933
    @swashy8933 4 года назад

I hear fuji glass is photo specific and sucks for auto focus and is too soft. Any thougths on that? Have you used anything else?
    Also sorry to distract from the content but this footage is kinda noisy isn't it?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey! I think it's really a matter of opinion. I for one, love the look of the Fuji and its lenses. Best to experiment and research until you find that sweet spot.

• @chandlerchhem2128
    @chandlerchhem2128 4 года назад

😻cutie

• @JeansTv
    @JeansTv 5 лет назад +1

Lol welcome to the FUJILIFE... good video

• @TheCreativeNest

Thanks for watching, Jean! This one was a lot of work lol. Happy to know it’s being appreciated!

• @JeansTv
      @JeansTv 5 лет назад

@@TheCreativeNest it's always a pleasure

• @Divyasridevotinal
    @Divyasridevotinal 4 года назад +1

Hi sister super

• @ConfidenZeTheHumanTorch
    @ConfidenZeTheHumanTorch 4 года назад +1

Your pretty😁

• @dondesign4
    @dondesign4 4 года назад

lens Rokinon 12mm F2 very like lens Samyang 12mm F2 NCS

• @ALEXISTRATI
    @ALEXISTRATI 5 лет назад +3

Interesting, do you speak Russian?

• @TheCreativeNest

Hey Alex, I don't haha. But I can do a pretty great Russian accent impression!

• @replay0712
    @replay0712 4 года назад

Click "Sub" button the moment you slam on the table ! Thanks for the video.

• @UlreyProductionsfilm
    @UlreyProductionsfilm 5 лет назад

cool I shoot Fuji as well

• @debandnick1962
    @debandnick1962 4 года назад +7

Just say f2, you're welcome.

• @Geodessiaable
    @Geodessiaable 3 года назад

The outrage at 1:09 is totally justified, wtf

• @mazen42007
    @mazen42007 3 года назад

Nice vid and u are so beautiful

• @IlhamAldyPutra
    @IlhamAldyPutra 4 года назад +1

you are gorgeous 😆

• @TheCreativeNest

Aw shucks haha. Thanks!

• @IlhamAldyPutra
      @IlhamAldyPutra 4 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest lol😆, btw im using fuji too for this video ruclips.net/video/EoZ1F00z-Hs/видео.html you should watch that!

• @euadrianopacelli
    @euadrianopacelli 4 года назад

• @DevonMeadows
    @DevonMeadows 4 года назад

nice video. You gotta work on your video noise though. Lots of artifacts going on in your vid.

• @boa974
    @boa974 4 года назад

She is shhhoooooooo cuuuutttttteeeeee :)
    shoot out from yyc

• @reboundk1ng
    @reboundk1ng 4 года назад +1

fuji user? say no more I'll subscribe

• @pablo-saitua
    @pablo-saitua 3 года назад

The 35mm is horrible for video. It has a lot of focus breathing. I have it and I will sell it.
    For photos it is good.

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  3 года назад

Hey Pablo, I have to disagree with you on that one. How can a lens be "horrible" for video but good for photo? If it's a horrible lens, it should be horrible across the board. I use the 35mm for seated talking head interviews; Open to f/2, use a Variable ND so I have have depth of field and good exposure, and set focus to manual. It's a stunning lens. It's also fantastic for photo. If you're trying to shoot video in f/2 with auto focus and a moving subject, that's going to be a problem no matter what lens you use. I'd experiment with it more before getting rid of it- once you figure out how to work within the limits of a fast lens, you won't regret having kept it.

• @pablo-saitua
      @pablo-saitua 3 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest Yes ofcourse it depends on what your needs are. In a static setup it can give very good images.
      By the way, the focus breathing occurs on all the apeture settings.
      In manual focus and autofocus. So for me it is unusable in a dynamic setup.
      My 16 1.4 and 56 1.2 do not have this problem. The 18 to 55 also doesnt have this.
      They say that the viltrox 33 1.4 also barrely has focus breathing.
      The 56 1.2 I use manually in the situations the AF doesnt work which is not a problem for me.
      With the aperture set to 1.2 there is also no noticable focus breathing.
      I and probably more people have to have the ability alway to adjust the focus during a shoot.
      Thats why I would not call it one of the three best lenses for video either.
      But yes, horrible is to strong as the image quality is very good.
      So I rephrase: Unusable in a dynamic video setup, but great in a static one.

• @ilkerozpinar
    @ilkerozpinar 3 года назад

You're so cute :)

• @garybrown9719
    @garybrown9719 4 года назад

Thumbs down for swearing
    But I agree lens are expensive

• @newsnoypi3690
    @newsnoypi3690 4 года назад

You are the sexiest photographer I know girl.

• @adilsheikh3480
    @adilsheikh3480 4 года назад

Fuji lenses are not great for video.. F2 has no cinematic feel.. Get Sony for video or Canon

• @TheCreativeNest
      @TheCreativeNest  3 года назад +2

Oh well, I guess we're all entitled to our opinions- even the wrong ones.

• @adilsheikh3480
      @adilsheikh3480 3 года назад

@@TheCreativeNest okay may be I have a different opinion or I am totally wrong.... Will rent fuji and test for video..

• @adilsheikh3480
      @adilsheikh3480 3 года назад

I tested the fuji xt3 with 23 mm with the weebill lab s.
      I notice the footage is but wobly..
      Gimble is balanced well
      What could be the reason?