‪@GOVEE‬

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 19 июл 2024
  • Here's a full breakdown of the T2 Envisual from Govee. While Not Perfect, this provides a bright, vibrant, and immersive backlighting solution that enhances your experience.
    Govee Envisual T2 (Official Site):
    us.govee.com/products/govee-e...
    Govee Envisual T2 (Amazon):
    a.co/d/1qUplwk
  • НаукаНаука

Комментарии • 73

• @stevetupling2673
    @stevetupling2673 Год назад

Thank you fo the information helps a lot. I have the t1 this video helped me with my decision to go with the t2

• @SpencersStuffTV
      @SpencersStuffTV  Год назад +1

They have definitely grown on me. I do recommend changing the white balance to a bluer hue. It will help with color accuracy

• @yevgenlasman2875
    @yevgenlasman2875 Год назад +1

Thank you for the review! While watching it, I realized that I did not see any greens. Is it the problem of the video recording or it just doesn't display greens well? Also, the demo video you have on TV is all about Autumn palette. But that would happen if scene will have pure black? white? Dunno… a Batman movie palette? Or any sort of space sci-fi? 🤔

• @SpencersStuffTV

Thanks for watching! It's being recorded with a smart phone so the sensor isn't large enough to have the dynamic range necessary for the video. The govees in normal viewing use reds frequently and don't display greens unless they are extremely vibrant. I am going to be hooking up some t2s to my x930e to see if it makes a difference. I've begun to wonder if my OLED is just too dim to display colors correctly. I have since shifted my white balance to blue and that has helped. They desparately need a further reduced saturation option because these are WAYYY too saturated even at 1%. Please note the pinned comment

• @doingbigthings9781
    @doingbigthings9781 Год назад

U should look into FANCY LED SYNC BOX. I've had both the t1 and t2 and you can't even compare when it comes to color accuracy on the fancy in August they have the box that supports 4k 120 hz coming out

• @andrewhobkirk5136
    @andrewhobkirk5136 Год назад

Also the saturation can only be set right if the camera was set up correctly in the first place
    YOU CAN REPRESENT ALL COLORS CORRECTLY WITH NO REFLECTION FROM TV STAND SURFACE AND ROOM LIGHTS, TURN THEM OFF OR IT WILL NEVER WORK

• @SpencersStuffTV
      @SpencersStuffTV  Год назад

Even with all the lights off and top mounted, the unit still struggles with white balance. Setting too blue causes reds to suffer and too red causes blues to suffer. In the middle you get a more compressed color palette where the yellows suffer and some of the purples. I've moved mine to more blue recently and dealt with the color differences. These won't be able to capture 100% color accuracy anyway due to them being only standard LEDs and lacking a white pixel. These will only show about 16 million colors as opposed to the billion plus that HDR uses. On sdr these work much better overall

• @SpencersStuffTV

UPDATE:
    1: the camera I am using to record this is a phone with an ND Filter to bring down the brightness of the display to better see the backlight. phone sensors do not pickup colors and dynamic range needed to portray what the human eye can see, so what you see on RUclips is NOT even close to what I see in person.
    2: White balance has since been moved to a bluer hue to improve on the yellows. Shifting the white balance has led to bluer whites in return and the red spectrum has now shifted. It's definitely better than it was but not t1 level yet. The color science will improve with updates I'm sure.
    3: Different TV's will yield different results. My Sony x930e is a brighter panel than my a90j so it tends to pick up the brightness and subtlety of light more on the T1 and likely the T2 model

• @bheleu021
    @bheleu021 Год назад

I have a dreamscreen 4k system and have a really wonky setup to get it all to work together but the dreamscreen is top notch. I'm curious how the t2 compares directly to it

• @SpencersStuffTV

I am not sure! I'm sure they both do well. I finally bought a house and set up dreamview for govee. It works nicely

• @katiewilson6832
    @katiewilson6832 Год назад

I really want to get this but put the camera on the bottom of the TV, don’t know if I’m being stupid but I don’t quite understand in your description how to do this? Have you got a video on how to set this up?

• @SpencersStuffTV

ruclips.net/video/Oitv6MAXQAM/видео.html
      Here's a good tutorial video from another creator

• @tampametal
    @tampametal Год назад

I really hope they update soon I get same issues you have almost fluorescent colors.

• @SpencersStuffTV

The colors have gotten better for me... Or I've gotten used to them. But I do still have the issues of yellow's casting red in the backlight. It's definitely frustrating

• @andreitohaneanu
    @andreitohaneanu Год назад

Is the T2 camera and led strip much better than the ones from G1 pro? I mean is it worth it to buy the T2 then buy separate light bars ? T2 + separate light bars will be around 210$ and the G1 pro is now 99.

• @SpencersStuffTV

I have not used the g1 pro... But I can say the g1 pro is meant for PC gaming on smaller displays. The T2's are meant for larger screen sizes. I have a bunch of govee lightbulbs that are connected together in dreamview with the T2's and it's extremely immersive

• @MidnightGrabber
    @MidnightGrabber Год назад

Is the T2 a massive upgrade? I live in Canada, but the T2 doesn't sell the 75-85" version here, so I'm stuck with the T1 .

• @SpencersStuffTV

I would say yes. The colors are more accurate generally and the LEDs are much brighter and more precise... But the t1's are still a solid choice.

• @circuitwarden
    @circuitwarden Год назад

Does it unfold flat? I am thinking about mounting this under the TV but not sure if it will fit for my setup.

• @SpencersStuffTV

It won't unfold perfectly flat since the power chord plugs in behind the mount of the camera where the counterweight is. You can move the counter weight to a 90 degree angle and use some mounting putty to keep the camera stable

• @franshagen7540
    @franshagen7540 Год назад

Do you have the camera underneath the tv? I asked Govee and they said it only works when the camera is mounted on top the tv. How did you get it to work?

• @SpencersStuffTV

In the part where the red and blue bars lights up, set the app up opposite of what you see. If the bars show on the left and top, set it for the right and bottom and vice versa

• @petermulder7480
    @petermulder7480 Год назад

I very interested in the T2 so I watch all videos I can about this product.
    I my self have the T1 with a littel plastic filter I made myself. And the results are pretty good.
    Your colour set up just looks strange to me.
    Why aren't there any Black's or dimming of the leds ?
    Are you using part or full display ?
    And your brightness ?? 100%??
    Why do the filters don't work with the T2? I just tape a piece of plastic over the camera lens. It works magic for me.
    Hope you are willing to answer these questions
    Greetings from Holland

• @SpencersStuffTV

The video is deceptive due to the ND filter on the camera I'm using to record the video. It's dimming down the tv display to see the backlight. It cannot be captured perfectly as I do not have anything but a phone camera. Phone sensors typically struggle to show reds and greens accurately. The LEDs do dim on scenes where it gets dark. I use part display and the ND filters on the device itself do not improve color like the T1 as stated in the video. I used an ND Filter on my t1 to improve the color. I have changed the white balance to exaggerate blue and it seems to have improved the yellows. Reds still aren't quite right and greens are now a bit less accurate. It's better but not quite perfect. I have no doubt updates will help the product.

• @marysury1947
      @marysury1947 Год назад

En heb je het gekocht. Hoe was het

• @petermulder7480

Ja ik heb het gekocht.
      Ik was bang dat het de upgrade niet waard zou zijn. Maar dat is het wel...
      De T2 is veel beter product.
      De kleuren zijn veel natuurlijker. Ik heb helemaal geen lens meer nodig om overbelichting te voorkomen.
      Ook de vele extra led lichten maken het dat de kleuren veel preciezer kunnen worden weer gegeven.
      Top product.
      Ik kan dan nu ook niet zeggen dat wanneer de T3 komt er nog beter zou moeten.

• @syedhussains29
    @syedhussains29 Год назад

Hi
    I have an option of buying T1 Pro or T2 for the same price.
    Idk which one to get since T1 pro has additional light bars.
    Which one would you recommend.

• @denodan
    @denodan Год назад +3

These accually work best on QLED Tvs as they are brighter than OLED. You won't get yellow, no matter what thru do, the colour accuracy is down to the Led quality. That's the limitation of their LED'S. If you could find another brand that fits the results would be better, or worse

• @SpencersStuffTV

Their gen 1s did better reproducing yellow's than these do. These are extremely red. I know they can do it, but it'll take tweaking. And yeah my x930e does stellar with the LEDs. My a90j is just bright enough to do well. I cant wait to move to Sony's z series at some point. I have seen the light... Or lack there of with OLED, and I'm ready to go back

• @denodan
      @denodan Год назад

@@SpencersStuffTV Also if you have any T1 or upgraded from the T1 leds, try these instead of the T2 leds

• @SpencersStuffTV

@@denodan I had the t1s on this tv and the 930e. I think the t1s produced better yellows for sure, but I think the colors are generally more saturated than the T1... Too saturated

• @denodan
      @denodan Год назад

@@SpencersStuffTV think that's the whole issue, Asian people see colour different than we do and tend to love saturated colours, here we go for the mote natural look, so it's a cultural thing as built for the Asisn market in reality

• @andrewhobkirk5136

Top test
      Turn off your tv there should be no lights on
      If you fail this test then you have not set it up correctly

• @GamerDan89
    @GamerDan89 Год назад

Did you try to calibrate it with white balancing?

• @atkheadshot1521
    @atkheadshot1521 Год назад

How did you attach the camera to the bottom of your tv?

• @SpencersStuffTV

It's sitting on my center channel. I use mounting putty

• @pd4467
    @pd4467 6 месяцев назад

The T1 is on sale on Amazon right now for $55. Would it be worth buying them or the T2

• @SpencersStuffTV
      @SpencersStuffTV  6 месяцев назад +1

The T2 is still a lot better than the T1. If you don't want to spend as much as the t2, get the T3 lite. It provides a massive performance boost over the T1 and some upgrades from the T2 in regard to the led strip itself

• @pd4467
      @pd4467 6 месяцев назад

@@SpencersStuffTV I ended up going with the T2. Your video helped

• @khalidalotaibi9013
    @khalidalotaibi9013 Год назад

Hay man thinks for the review,
    I have a question: In where I live, the t1 has a discount on it ,
    T1= 80$
    T2=170$
    Is it worth it to buy the t2 over the t1 with that price difference?

• @SpencersStuffTV

There was been a few updates since the review. I would say the T2 is ABSOLUTELY worth the upgrade

• @Malaka1689
      @Malaka1689 11 месяцев назад

T1. The T2 with the dual camera is still buggy and when you compare the T1 and T2 side by side there almost identical.

• @arbisangria8933
    @arbisangria8933 10 месяцев назад

My t2 is currently displaying yellow or fire as red, i guess its still not fixed?

• @SpencersStuffTV
      @SpencersStuffTV  10 месяцев назад

I have found the brighter the tv is, the better the T2 captures color. On dinner models, I've still had the same problem

• @arbisangria8933
      @arbisangria8933 10 месяцев назад

@@SpencersStuffTV thanx! I'll try to set my oled to max brightness

• @lordmalice8368
    @lordmalice8368 Год назад +1

I just got the T1, and it's fine, but I think it could have been a lot better if they added a pure white LED along with the RGB LED's! And colors go where they don't need to be! They should also shut all the way off if the edge is black

• @SpencersStuffTV
      @SpencersStuffTV  Год назад +3

The white led would be a game changer. With their m1 strip out, I was confused why they didn't add a pure white diode. The color science is still a little off even on the t2s

• @denodan
    @denodan Год назад

Problem is their led colours themselves are off. Yellows without any tv back lighting are still more greenish. Some of govee leds are off, nothing to do with camera, it's govee leds themselves. Colours are only as good as the leds can produce colours. I use game mode

• @SpencersStuffTV

I said that in my video. You can't expect a backlight only capable of 16 million colors to reproduce the nuances of and HDR tv. The lack of a white LED is also an issue. But they can get close. Their color science still needs some work. Yellows are just all around off and the saturation is still wayyyy too high at 1% saturation

• @denodan
      @denodan Год назад

@@SpencersStuffTV I have seen other videos appearing on the T2, yours is the worst example I have seen. Just wonder if yours is faulty, seen better examples with more accurate colour. Even my T1 is looking better than yours and not even as red as yours. Or is it due to your camera at the bottom? Stray light also effects these, or reflective surfaces.
      Even wall background makes a difference. Our backwall is green and compared to your example mine is doing better. Yellows come out more a greenish yellow, buy that's the nature of the leds. Maybe try an ND filter on both cameras.
      This looks worse than the T1 frankly and the worst Example so far on the other videos of the T2 showing up and no were as red as yours.

• @SpencersStuffTV

@@denodan part of it is because it's a phone recording it. I had to use an ND filter to decrease the tv brightness. It looks better in person. It just seems like they kinda generalized the colors more as opposed to adding nuance to the lights. We have the 60 LEDs but they aren't being used as individual as I would like... Also I am on a corner wall so the colors will come off slightly skewed. The wall is white but there's obviously a wooden faux wall behind it that destroys the color on the right side. I live at my parents house still as I wait to buy a home, so this setup is beyond not optimal.
      Also I said in the video I tried and ND filter already and it didn't help. Did you even watch the video? 😂 I'm basically repeating what I said in it with your comments

• @denodan
      @denodan Год назад

@@SpencersStuffTV no I meant ND filters on the govee cameras themselves? But it's hard, because any video does not give the best example as its different than the eye sees and different cameras pick up colours differently depending on make. Things always look better seeing in real life.
      I am getting the T2 and looking forward to it have had my T1 with lightbars for maybe close to 8 months or so. It's a pity they don't allow the use of lightbars. Have two Lyra lamps as well and use dreamview, so I guess the lightbars won't be overly missed. Seems then your phone camera is more senstive to the red spectrum. The human eye it's green. Which is why green lasers seem bright to your eyes. And yes seen your video.

• @SpencersStuffTV

@@denodan yeah I used ND filters on the govee camera and it didn't help like it did on the T1. And with dream view you should be able to use those lightbars still! And typically phone sensors struggle with red and yellow lights since they're longer wavelengths than blues. The small sensors generally don't collect enough red light information

• @arthurmorgan8794
    @arthurmorgan8794 Год назад

Price?

• @SpencersStuffTV

Head to the govee website or Amazon to find the price

• @fatgeek
    @fatgeek Год назад

Doesn’t seem to handle green too well

• @SpencersStuffTV

I seem to have the white balance dialed in a bit better now, but it's still a bit odd what color choices they use for some scenes in shows and movies. I really need to get a second set and try it on my x930e... I'm wondering if it's due to the panel not being as "pure" in brightness as compared to an led tv. I noticed the t1s shined more with my 930e as compared to the a90j
      I bought my parents a set of t1s for their x900e as well... And let's just say that tv cannot emit enough light to produce a solid and consistent experience, unless you're in a dark room

• @tonyvelez4483
    @tonyvelez4483 Год назад

Where’s the camera?

• @SpencersStuffTV

Under the tv

• @tonyvelez4483
      @tonyvelez4483 Год назад

@@SpencersStuffTV I really enjoyed your video it is very helpful so your honest opinion this is worth it. My TV is mounted so I have to find a way to hide the wire but I’m looking forward to getting it

• @SpencersStuffTV

@@tonyvelez4483 it is definitely worth it. I pinned an update on this video in the comments. If you have any other govee bulbs or smart lighting, the dreamview is insanely fun and I definitely recommend it

• @SolarizeYourLife
    @SolarizeYourLife 9 месяцев назад

Yet no dreamview mode...

• @andrewhobkirk5136

No filters required for either model
    Seen both have a t1 and it represents the colors perfectly
    Your tune is so far out there are tricks to this i see you have neglected the basics of camera operation
    I'll give u a clue put camera at bottom you need the corect angle
    Also reflections are a killer between the surface your cameras on and your roof lightning if you dont get this right it will look like your demo where it not even close
    My t1 is spot on as is the t2 when set up right

• @petermulder7480

Can you show these perfect set ups somehow.
      I have the T1 and never seen it perfect.

• @SpencersStuffTV

Filters required for the first model without a doubt. You can continue to say that the product is perfect and fanboy it, but at the end of the day the product isn't 100% and never will be. The backlight LEDs are only capable of about 16 million colors as compared to the over 1 billion on an HDR tv. The Phillips hue aren't perfect either and those are over HDMI. I have seen both and the T1 still does better in some aspects compared to the T2. The video is also in a completely black room except for the tv and the camera has been set up to only see the tv screen in their app. I have adjusted white balance to bluer since making this video and it seems to have helped with the yellows to an extent but the white is not as pure
      It's to be noted this is also an OLED so light is not as strong as compared to a standard high end led/lcd tv. My OLED struggles more with the t1s and t2s as compared to my x930e. At the end of the day this is a solid budget option, but it isn't perfect