HAVE TITLEIST MADE THEIR LONGEST IRON EVER WITHB THE T400?

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 1 май 2020
  • Is this Titleist's longest irons ever in the T400? With more golf companies making hollow headed irons what will the T400's bring to the table?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    ➜ Subscribe to ALI TAYLOR GOLF for FREE now
    bit.ly/35vfXnx
    ➜ Official Adidas Ambassador
    www.adidas.co.uk/golf
    Make sure you hit the big red SUBSCRIBE button and TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS so you never miss out on any of Ali's new videos!
    Links:
    Facebook ➜ / alitaylorgolf
    Twitter ➜ / alitaylorgolf
    Instagram ➜ / alitaylorgolf
    Website ➜ alitaylorgolf.com/
    Welcome to AliTaylorGolf. Ali’s channel is designed to help you improve your golf with tips, drills and online coaching as well as reviews of the newest golf clubs and golf equipment.
    Starting at an early age, Ali began playing golf when he was just 13 years old. Having played many sports throughout his younger years, he has always had a fascination with improvement. This progressed into his coaching where he feels the most accurate feedback allows the quickest changes to improve the golfer. Since beginning the Ali Taylor Golf RUclips channel, Ali has become extremely active over the various social media platforms that Ali posts updates onto. You’ll find regular tips for your game as well as reviews on the latest products from the biggest brands in Golf, including TaylorMade, Titleist, Callaway, Scotty Cameron, Ping and Cobra. Stay connected with Ali by following his Facebook and Instagram pages and of course don’t forget to subscribe to the ever growing RUclips channel with over 19,000 subscribers!
    If you're enjoying the videos on Ali Taylor Golf then make sure you hit the big red subscribe button and tap the notification bell so you're always notified when Ali releases a new video.
  • СпортСпорт

Комментарии • 92

• @cr6231
    @cr6231 3 года назад +9

I have been seeing lots of these comparisons over the last two years since I got my D7 irons, and it is glaring obvious that even the club pro's don't get it still...most of us are not "Pro", it is not about the number on the club, it is the length of the club and how far it goes with decent height and spin for that distance. I play 9 irons "full" swings ranging from 100y - 210y give or take, who cares what it it says at the bottom. What I care about at my age is that I do not have to take a long butter knife 5 iron to go as far as my shorter smooth swing 7 iron, probably giving me the same distance and spin.

• @chrischandler5735
    @chrischandler5735 4 года назад +15

Golfers who get offended by the modern lofts makes me laugh. These clubs are designed to launch the like the respective irons even though they have the powerful lofts. They also tend to drop onto the green at the same angle as the more traditional 7 irons so still have stopping ability. If the golfer who this club is designed for hit a standard 5 iron with the 26 degree loft it's odds on they won't hit it nearly as well. Most likely a low chaser. These type of clubs have to be lofted down or the ball will just balloon in the air. They are designed for golfers with slower swing speeds, and we'll all get to that point one day. We should just be grateful that the technology will still allow us to maintain our handicaps a little longer. Yeah it gets a bit messy at the wedge end of the bag but maybe golfers should start using more feel there anyway. When I started playing in the 80's you had 2 wedges and improvised. I carry 4 now and am I better around the greens? Definitely not.

• @tomnelson8515
      @tomnelson8515 4 года назад +1

How can the number on an iron 'offend' anyone. It is just a number. But the traditional iron numbering system was designed for 'relative' distance or gap between clubs. When that 9 iron starts at 180+ yrds, how many wedges do you need in the bag to gap between say 50 yards and 180 yards? It is all about ego and marketing. Has been since the late 70's.

• @jimlock6152
      @jimlock6152 4 года назад

I’ve been saying this for long enough, when I first got a L wedge it cost me shot after shot.👍🤦‍♂️

• @nutyyyy
      @nutyyyy 4 года назад

Its not the lofts, its the standards of the numbering. Either stick the lofts on the bottom along with the number or get rid of the number. Nothing wrong with having a club easier to hit for some, but its confusing these you have less and less irons and require more and more "wedges" which are essentially just irons. If you need distance with an easier to hit club hybrids are perfect for that.

• @mkastl9677
      @mkastl9677 3 года назад +6

Chris Chandler I wish I had seen your post before I made my comments. You are spot on! Those who fixated on loft and ignore the overall balance of the technology (shaft length, shot dispersion, land angles) are showing their lack of understanding of technology. These same people play MBs or CBS with stronger lofts instead of blades but it’s ok “for them”...they play a 460 driver instead of a Persiman wood but that technology is ok “for them”...they use a hybrid instead of a 3 iron blade but that technology is ok “for them”. High handicappers do NOT use “Super game improvement irons” to discuss their 7 iron distance in the clubhouse. They do it because it helps them lower their scores. Hypocrites one and all.

• @mkastl9677
      @mkastl9677 3 года назад +4

Tom Nelson it’s NOT about ego and marketing. You don’t understand the reasoning behind the engineering. I have a 90 mph swing speed with a 37” shafted 7 iron (and an easy 103+ mph with my driver) and I use clubs with “jacked lofts” for reasons you are not understanding. Very rarely will I find another 50 year old with my swing speeds so please stop with the “marketing and ego” because I only care about my HCP.

• @walkerb1734
    @walkerb1734 3 года назад +6

All I know is I own these irons and absolutely LOVE them!!!!

• @mkastl9677
    @mkastl9677 3 года назад +3

In regard to the number on the bottom of the club, this is by definition a 7 iron because it’s a 37” shaft (stock). There can be a whole other 20 minute video dedicated to shaft length and shot dispersion ratios. We cannot have “commentary” and then choose to cherry pick what data points we want to include (lofts) and what we choose to ignore (shaft length, peak heights, launch, land angles, shot dispersion,...etc). The whole damn package matters. Please do not fall into the traps that all other RUclips golf reviewers fall into. Being good at golf does not qualify anyone to think they are more qualified than golf engineers. Technology is a TOTAL package.

• @mkastl9677
      @mkastl9677 3 года назад +6

An 18 HCP player is laying 170 yards out and I give him two club options that both fly 165-175 yards, but one club has a 37” shaft (loaded with tungsten in the heel and toe) and a tighter shot dispersion...the next club has a 38.25” shaft, a small sweet spot, and a much wider shot dispersion....which club is that player taking? It’s what you put on the scorecard that matters, not what club you pulled out of your bag from 170 yards. Figure this out people.

• @briangregory2083
    @briangregory2083 4 года назад +13

Totally agree that it should be lofts on the bottom and not numbers.

• @gmsvalley
      @gmsvalley Год назад

That's why the P on the T400 is written P 38, Wedge1 43, Wedge2 49, these clubs are for slow speeds only, not for boosting ego. I have a slow swing and these clubs fit me perfectly. People that complains about the numbering of the clubs just don't get it, the 7 iron have a strong loft, like 6 iron on modern loft or 5 irons on 20 years old club, but the same ball flight as a modern 7 iron. I see the number on the club like names, sometimes I say these clubs are on steroids. A fast swing player buying these club is kind of dumb, when you have distance, you should look for precision only.

• @dickbroomer7877
    @dickbroomer7877 2 года назад +1

Hi Ali love your videos and reviews however i think you’ve missed the idea behind the Titleist T400 irons, i am a senior golfer 74 with 9hcp who finds distance hard to come by now, and playing theses clubs would definitely help, a week ago had a club fitting and tested Callaways TaylorMade Mizuno & Titleist , the Titleist T300s performed best for me in feel distance & dispersion so ordered a set 7iron to 48deg wedge in graphite shafts. (2deg up +1”) Went for T300s Liked lofts (not to strong) Dickey

• @pipebliss
    @pipebliss 2 года назад +2

To Titleists credit, the 7i is still 37" which is 7i length, in theory, a 37" iron at 26* should be easier to hit than a 26* club that is longer. I wish they would drop the numbers and just start labeling with lofts like they did with wedge 1&2.

• @NorthernIrelandBob
    @NorthernIrelandBob 3 года назад +4

I have bought a set of these and love them. Not because they go further but because I hit them so well!
    They have a great flight to them. Normally I hit the ball quite low but with these clubs I get a much higher flight and I am confident that I can actually hit shots that I want to hit. Definitely not an ego thing! I play off 8 by the way!

• @Golftime123
      @Golftime123 Год назад

Same here! I am a 28 year old 10 Hcp which is athletic. Makes the game so much easier 👍🏼

• @adammaxfield3125
    @adammaxfield3125 3 года назад +4

I think it’s almost like the one length concept for the 5,6,7 irons. A 3 iron loft with a 5 iron length shaft has got to be easier to hit. I play off scratch and would love the 5,6,7 in the bag 😁 As for the wedges, just get W1 then use 50, 54, 58 🙄😉

• @adammaxfield3125
      @adammaxfield3125 3 года назад +3

Plus, if you ignore the number and go solely on loft it’s easy to blend your own set with the rest of the T series irons.

• @malcolmsansom5026
    @malcolmsansom5026 4 года назад +2

Very interesting vid, cheers, I've got ap3's and thought they were strong lofted

• @simonkay9890
    @simonkay9890 4 года назад +2

Great test Ali and many thanks. Most importantly too, what were they like to use? Easy? Was a good delivery rewarded by a sweet spot centre strike? Thanks again

• @tomnelson8515
    @tomnelson8515 4 года назад +12

Exactly! Pretty soon everyone will carry a 9 iron that goes 240 and 10 wedges!

• @rcg9573
      @rcg9573 3 года назад +3

Robert Gardner
      So what? Know how far your clubs carry and which you need for proper gapping. Does not take a rocket science degree to figure out what clubs you should then need to carry. Club # is irrelevant.

• @simonho6536
    @simonho6536 7 месяцев назад

Just ordered a set of these after my fitting today. I tried these against T350, Ping G430 and Taylor made Stealth. These were the most forgiving and all my numbers in terms of launch angle, club head speed and ballspeed and clustering were the best. I play off 16.2 index. The T350 were great also but the T400 seem to suit me more!

• @Doraus1
    @Doraus1 2 года назад +1

These are forgiving Irons. I’ve only just purchased a set as it’s getting harder for me to play with players Clubs. I have 2 sets of Blades and a Semi Blade set. Approaching 69 I have lost swing speed and feel, so anything that keeps me up the middle with added distance is a bonus. I will just constantly work on my short game within the 100 yard range so that I can regularly get up and down and hopefully knock a few birdies in.

• @sevesellors2831
    @sevesellors2831 4 года назад

Great looking club will consider these for next year. Great review.

• @dagdagranger
    @dagdagranger 4 года назад +2

demo hit the t400 and purchased them loft vs loft I am hitting them almost 20myds further but they are stickijg to the greens and easy ti hit is just beginning to describe how good they feel off hits go straight w/o not a lot of yards lost..will definitly have to adjust the close in wedges to match my game..

• @Magicmeatbag
    @Magicmeatbag 4 года назад +6

For all the people complaining about the lofts. They just aren't meant for the average golfer. They really are meant for the person who can't hit the distances anymore for whatever reason and would like to just keep up with the rest of the guys when they play. Once I personally realized that then the whole annoyance with ultra strong lofts trend went away for me.

• @robmatthews4680
    @robmatthews4680 4 года назад +1

Regular flex graphite and you hit those very consistent!!!

• @francescomorandi6988
    @francescomorandi6988 4 года назад +1

Senior golfers that looking for distance probably will be fans of this irons. The strong loft confuse me specialy in the pw 🙄. Anyway the t400 have a great look for be improvement irons 🤗

• @carlosfreitasdasilva9150
    @carlosfreitasdasilva9150 3 года назад +2

Great informative video. I am a 22 hdcp player. If I buy the T400 5 to 9 irons, what should I do with my Titleist wedges, which I like very much and would like to keep them in my bag? T400 9 iron has 33 degrees of loft and my PW has 48 degrees. There is a huge loft gap. What would you advice me to do? Thanks, Carlos ( from Portugal)

• @Doraus1
      @Doraus1 2 года назад +1

You should have room for extra Wedges as the longest Club you can purchase is a 5 Iron so you have a gap where the 4 Iron usually sits and possibly a 3 Iron Gap. I personally rarely hit full shots within 110 yards, preferring to club up and hit controlled shots taking as much off as needed.
      I just watched a video today where a former Masters winner punched a 6 Iron into a Pin that was about 126 yards into wind and knocked to birdie range.
      Far to many players only play with one swing and have no imagination and touch, and are afraid to experiment on the Range incase they feel they are going to look stupid.
      Playing with Spin Numbers and lofts is all very well as long as you are always going to play in perfect conditions, although you tend to get perfect in Portugal.

• @haakonstorhaug1606
    @haakonstorhaug1606 4 года назад +5

Isn’t it more a case of manufacturers catering for golfers who aren’t able to present the kind of dynamic loft numbers that better players can? I don’t think it’s just renumbering.

• @AliTaylorGolf
      @AliTaylorGolf  4 года назад +4

Most golfers won't get the 5 iron in the air with this set.

• @haakonstorhaug1606
      @haakonstorhaug1606 4 года назад

I defer to your experience as a golf pro and club fitter. This approach does have its limits, clearly.

• @James_Vaughn
    @James_Vaughn 4 года назад

I agree. I kind of got sucked in by the marketing for a while, but after trying most of the 'hot' irons I realize that I can predict how far I'm going to hit a particular iron within a couple yards based on the loft only. Hogan tried putting the loft only on irons, but apparently that didn't go over well because they have since stopped doing it.

• @AliTaylorGolf
      @AliTaylorGolf  4 года назад +1

It's a strange thing with lofts now

• @darrenpayce6121
    @darrenpayce6121 4 года назад +2

If you could buy that 5 iron on its own be a good 3 or 4 iron replacement shorter shaft more control could be an option for some who like long irons but struggle.

• @AliTaylorGolf

That could be a good shout

• @milk-it
      @milk-it 4 года назад +1

Good point. You could have more standard lofts in the higher iron numbers (T100 etc) and then throw in a 7 and a six T400 for the ease of hitting those lower lofts. While it appears silly if you've got the same numbered iron in the bag but all different lofts, there is a use case.

• @hangingwithmatty9465
      @hangingwithmatty9465 11 месяцев назад

Exactly what I'm planning to do

• @housekarl5786
    @housekarl5786 4 года назад +2

they suit my game....strong yes and v-v-long as mentioned with lofts...i play Driver/5 wood (20 deg)/8-SW T400.....

• @nutyyyy
      @nutyyyy 4 года назад

Its as much just the naming that seems a bit ridiculous. You could easily stick a 3 on the five and turn P and W into 8 and 9 iron and it would keep things more consistent while the clubs would still hit well. The problem is the idea that people can't hit long irons.

• @Mj-CWO4
      @Mj-CWO4 3 года назад

@@nutyyyy if you don’t like them get some blades.

• @lroberts4162
    @lroberts4162 4 года назад

Can you add T400 to you subject line for searching? Great video

• @jameskent4453
    @jameskent4453 4 года назад +1

I think your right just number the clubs right, thanks

• @GolfRx
    @GolfRx 4 года назад +1

Why would just 26 degree is 5 iron in Wilson staff irons.. it’s insane! they just keep bumping .. future 7 is going to be 18 degree flying 215 yards

• @geoffreygeard9404
    @geoffreygeard9404 4 года назад +4

As long as I can pull a club from my bag that will reach my target I don’t care wether it’s called a 5 or 7 or mashie or spoon! I’m getting older and will definitely be looking at T400s as an upgrade from my MBs

• @AliTaylorGolf

Always worth looking!!

• @nutyyyy
      @nutyyyy 4 года назад +1

Its as much that having so many wedges is a bit crazy, they should just call the 5 iron and 3 iron that is easier to hit.

• @kjc9293
    @kjc9293 4 года назад

For "unfit" you bit them very well!!!!! Nice looking, prob just too strong!!

• @FrankBrickle
    @FrankBrickle 4 года назад +2

I wish they would drop the X-iron business completely. Just the lofts, please.

• @cr6231
    @cr6231 3 года назад +1

Is the length of the club still 7 iron? because then it all start to make more sense ?

• @jasons81
    @jasons81 4 месяца назад

I would like to see a video of someone playing them on a golf course.

• @SvingitGolf
    @SvingitGolf 3 года назад

The 7 iron is 26 deg. Its a stronger 5 iron. My 7 iron is 34 deg. 8 deg between them. Manufatures shoul start put the deg number instead of the club number.

• @erichandler5519
    @erichandler5519 3 года назад +2

They are the best iron I have owned.

• @granthodges9860
    @granthodges9860 4 года назад

I’m not the first to say this but manufacturers should dispense with numbering clubs and place the loft in degrees instead. No one can compare clubs honestly when the lofts are as much as two clubs longer. Who wants a bag with so many wedges just to get around the greens.

• @hangingwithmatty9465
    @hangingwithmatty9465 11 месяцев назад

The 5i thru 53* is 4-sw( aw)...thats all.
    But if ur building a set, ull probably have two 5i's😂

• @codyr4816
    @codyr4816 4 года назад

Will stick with the Callaway steelhead xr's

• @stephenross7630
    @stephenross7630 4 года назад

Been looking at these,if I can buy 5 to 9 irons I would,don't want to replace my Vokey 7's

• @AliTaylorGolf

Absolutely you can.

• @stephenross7630

@@AliTaylorGolf still pricey though £150 a club,I could get a set of Sim irons for£650,what's better for a 20 handicapper in your opinion Ali?

• @stephenross7630

By the way great video,keep them coming,looking to replace my G4 22 degree with a new one have u tested the Sim vs say titleist?

• @vincep2463
    @vincep2463 4 года назад

Possibly fit for Senior Golfers

• @gianmarcobalsamo457
    @gianmarcobalsamo457 4 года назад

Question: for a beginner which 7iron are easyest to hit? a 30\31° or a 26°? I definelly answer a 30\31°! I don't think this are for a SGI target, maybe for a single figure senior who want more distance. I really don't like!

• @JDSFLA
      @JDSFLA 4 года назад +1

Which is why the Callaway Mavrik Max actually has a slightly weaker loft than the standard Mavrik.

• @gianmarcobalsamo457
      @gianmarcobalsamo457 4 года назад

Chester correct. The same of the old callaway xr Os

• @davidmcnamara3243
    @davidmcnamara3243 Год назад

To have to hit shorter clubs with a stronger loft, is an ammobonation!!!

• @William45ish
    @William45ish 4 года назад

How ridiculous is it that we’ve come to a point where you have to put 2 x Gap Wedges in your bag to accommodate irons with stronger lofts! Here’s a tip, get your 7 iron and change the number 7 to 9. Or put a 9 iron shaft in your 7 iron!! It’s coming to the point where amateur golfers irons will be out hitting Woods!

• @pd9971
    @pd9971 4 года назад +1

26 degree 7 iron huh, well my Callaway 7 iron is 35 degrees and my 5 iron is 27 degrees so now you know why it goes so far!

• @AliTaylorGolf

Launches like a 7 iron but has the ball speed and spin rate of a 5 iron. Oh and distance!!

• @SuperOle2011
    @SuperOle2011 Год назад

These clubs are numbered very wrong😜🤣 P wedge should be 9 iron. 5 iron should be 4 at least. However, you will definitely impress those guys who don't know the loft angles of your clubs.

• @elongatedmusket5630
    @elongatedmusket5630 4 года назад +3

26° 7 iron, this is getting ridiculous

• @olesarge1724
    @olesarge1724 4 года назад

If the USGA has rules and restrictions on drivers and balls then why can’t they make rules that only allow a certain amount of loft deviation for each club. If you’re big and strong and you hit a 36 degree 7 iron 180 yds well good for you ! Otherwise leave lofts alone and the game will be better for it.

• @ianwilkes3160
    @ianwilkes3160 4 года назад +1

Mental lofts. I can’t get my head round that.

• @AliTaylorGolf
      @AliTaylorGolf  4 года назад +2

It's a bit over the top for me

• @ianwilkes3160
      @ianwilkes3160 4 года назад

AliTaylorGolf just curious about all the clubs you test. Do you send them back to the manufacture, keep them or what? Just curious not after any new clubs as I’m happy with what I’ve got.

• @wallstreetoneil
    @wallstreetoneil 4 года назад +1

So (2 clubs + 1 degree) stronger than Standard Lofts - so they added 2 W wedges to give you the clubs back that they took away. Honestly, there are a bunch of people at Titleist that need to be fired.

• @AliTaylorGolf

Most manufacturers are doing it and it's only in the T400's

• @rcg9573
    @rcg9573 3 года назад

Ignore the club numbers, and put a traditional extra wedge or two in your bag, and don’t buy the 4 and 5 if you’re obsessed with the number on your clubs. Easy solution. 😆😆😆

• @prex345
    @prex345 4 года назад

Club maker's should just put the lofts on the bottom and forget numbers.

• @Mj-CWO4
    @Mj-CWO4 3 года назад

Common, players who hit it 150+ are not going to be playing these clubs let’s look at swing speed, these are made for players with slow swing speeds.

• @maamold
    @maamold 4 года назад

I'm actually disgusted by a 26 degree 7i and a 20 degree 5i. 26 should be the 5i and 20 should be the 3i. Then they have to have a W2 wedge? which should be a traditional PW. Jeez.

• @mrwoo33
    @mrwoo33 4 года назад +1

Marketing joke. They have basically changed the numbers on the bottom and then 3 wedges without a lob wedge. They would be better just being honest. I know I'd respect them more if they were 👍

• @rcg9573
      @rcg9573 3 года назад

You’re clueless about the tech. If you took their 7 and lofted it like a traditional 7 it would go up in the air like a balloon compared to a traditional 7. These irons have to be delofted due to the substantially higher MOI’s and launch speeds.

• @mrwoo33
      @mrwoo33 3 года назад

@@rcg9573 you obviously believe the tech speak. You know absolutely know nothing about me or my knowledge when it comes to golf. If technology was so important, why are pros still playing blades. I've won my club championship 4 times and shot in the 60's so please don't judge. It's my opinion. I don't understand the personal attack

• @JDSFLA
    @JDSFLA 4 года назад

1:25 100 grams of tungsten not titanium.

• @AliTaylorGolf
      @AliTaylorGolf  4 года назад

Sorry, brain has gone to mush during lockdown.

• @graemeday4195
    @graemeday4195 4 года назад

Not sure why club manufacturers are doing this. Distance is nice but not the be all and end all.

• @AliTaylorGolf

The golfers ego!!

• @graemeday4195
      @graemeday4195 4 года назад

@@AliTaylorGolf I would rather have consistency of strike than distance