Zhiyun Crane 3S and the Canon C300 Mark iii w/ Canon CN-E 18-80 T4.4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 21 окт 2024
  • Today I tested the new Zhiyun Crane 3S on the new Canon C300 Mark iii with the Canon CN-E 18-80 T4.4 and it handled it pretty well!
    I used the Zacuto VCT Pro Tripod Dock to mount it to the Crane, and love how quick you can go from a shoulder rig, to a gimbal setup. Zacuto makes some rock solid camera accessories, and I highly recommend them.
    The link below is an affiliate link. I earn a commission when a purchase is made using the link below.
    Zhiyun Crane 3S - amzn.to/3Rr5y6w

Комментарии • 29

• @Robert.DeCorah
    @Robert.DeCorah  4 года назад +5

If you want me to make anymore videos on the C300 Mark iii, the CN-E 18-80, or Zhiyun Crane 3S, let me know here!

• @SeanWeaverDWC
      @SeanWeaverDWC 4 года назад +1

Videos with the C300 mark III in general, just showing different things you like and don't like!

• @Robert.DeCorah
      @Robert.DeCorah  4 года назад

Dream Weaver Creative you got it! 🤘🏽

• @MissionaryFilms
      @MissionaryFilms 4 года назад +1

Can you do a video running through the menu system? And any b-roll and real world usage with the 18-80? Thanks!

• @organismx
      @organismx 4 года назад

Yes! I would love to see some handheld footage of the c300mkiii + 18-80 CN-E combo!!!!!! PLEASE🙏🏽!!!! Is it really the lens for documentary work for APS-c Canon Cameras??? How does this combo preform in low light. How does it cut with the 18-35 sigma if you where to use the sigma for the low light stuff and the 18-80 for everything else. Really lookin at this setup. 👍 enjoy your new toy !!!

• @cinematographybyej
      @cinematographybyej 4 года назад

Would love a different lens combo on gimbal!

• @withoutanoffice4914
    @withoutanoffice4914 2 года назад +1

I just bought the same Crane3s pro and tested it with the Same C300mkiii and my CN-E 18-80 lens. I even had a gold Mount titan 150 battery on it. With the arm extension I just had enough clearance. It came with the extra battery pack with 6 batts in it. It balances fine. Had a little jitter at times, and yes when panning. The main problem is the weight. I only tried it rigged out because I was hoping to be able to just pop it off after an interview and quickly set up for broll. I used to be a competitive powerlifter and guess what…not happening. So I stripped it down to almost the exact same setup you demonstrated and it was much better on the crane3s, but still a bit heavy. Went down to a EF 24-105 F/4 L, and again, it wasn’t much better because I added the zoom and focus rig from Zhiyun so it still was heavier than I’d like. I tried it with my Zcam E2-M2, and that was a better fit for the gimbal. For kicks, I then put my Sony PXW-Z90V on it and it was light, Even with a small shotgun camera mic and toplight. Again, just to see if I could pre balance the gimbal and throw it on quick. It was much lighter but the picture didn’t look nearly as good as the Canon or Zcam. Anyway, it was good to see I’m not alone in seeing if this could work. My first setup on the canon full rig weighed 12.5 pounds. Add that to the CraneS, the external battery, the Osee G7 monitor… I guess I just need to hit the gym harder. 💪😬👍

• @KendrickDischCreative
    @KendrickDischCreative 3 года назад +1

Great video! I just got this lens and look forward to using it for a lot of types of shooting. PS: would love to see a van tour and get some insights about the pros/cons and any other tidbits you got because I'll be getting a van in the near future and would love to get all the advice ahead of time! Cheers!

• @GDoggProductions
    @GDoggProductions 3 года назад +1

Found your channel from the Canon facebook group 😁😁😁

• @Bonvo360
    @Bonvo360 4 года назад +3

you need to purchase the powerplus pack.. for whatever reason, zhiyun doesn't disclose that if you use the powerplus pack.. it'll significantly add more power & strength to the motors, which will in turn, get rid of any micro jitters etc.

• @deaniweenie
    @deaniweenie 4 года назад +2

I think you DO need the extra battery for a rig this heavy. If you use the extra battery pack the issues should go away leaving you to use whatever frame rate you artistically need rather than using frame rates to get round the issue. It's a no-brainer

• @Robert.DeCorah

Zhiyun said that the extra battery does not make the motors stronger. I do not plan on using this lens with the gimbal anyways,. Thank you for watching, and for the input!

• @HiphopG35
    @HiphopG35 4 года назад +2

Great informative video man!
    With the canon 16-35 F4 of MediumLow setting.
    Did you have these small micro jitters?

• @Robert.DeCorah

Hi Jonathan. I did not have any micro jitters with the 16-35.

• @michaelcarter917
    @michaelcarter917 4 года назад +3

Would love to see a video with a more reasonably sized lens on the rig :) also, what is the name of the shoulder pad you’re using?

• @Robert.DeCorah
      @Robert.DeCorah  4 года назад +1

It flies the 16-35 just fine, but I can make a video for ya. The shoulder setup is the Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate.

• @andersonhughsproductions6689
      @andersonhughsproductions6689 4 года назад

Just curious who you bought your C300 Mark iii from? We are waiting on ours and wondering if it was B&H.

• @dustinschmidt9695
      @dustinschmidt9695 4 года назад

@@andersonhughsproductions6689 Our company ordered our C300 Mark III from B&H on June 1 and we're still waiting for notification of shipping as well.

• @purplepplmedia
    @purplepplmedia 4 года назад +1

Hello, can you share when you pre-ordered the C300 Mark III and when you received it?
    We are still waiting on our order of the C300 Mark III to be delivered.

• @Robert.DeCorah
      @Robert.DeCorah  4 года назад +2

purpleppl media I never pre-ordered. I messaged a camera shop to see if they had one in stock, they took my info and said they would call when they got one in. Two days later they got one in and it shipped that day.

• @e-minus3416
      @e-minus3416 4 года назад

Robert De Corah Thx, mind sharing which camera shop?

• @narrativegadget1981
    @narrativegadget1981 4 года назад +1

Using the c200 + the 3s. Man this stuff is heavy! Nice video btw!

• @very9000
    @very9000 4 года назад

HELLO FRIEND. Tell me, when you move forward or backward, does the video picture shake, jerk, or is everything exactly like “on the railroad”?

• @jaypwilsonjr
    @jaypwilsonjr 4 года назад

Serious question bro... Why can't I buy this yet? When does it release?!!?!!

• @doug_EX
    @doug_EX 3 года назад

How is the AF with the 18-80 ?

• @orangerecords_studio
    @orangerecords_studio 4 года назад

can you get the same SDF on this setup, as a f4 lense on a F. F ?

• @jonathanmasters2178
    @jonathanmasters2178 4 года назад +2

More c300iii videos!

• @CertainExposures
    @CertainExposures 4 года назад

Really nice RUclips setup!