Это видео недоступно.
Сожалеем об этом.

TNT

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 14 авг 2024
  • In this video, walk you through the process (and challenges I faced) installing 3.5" wheel spacers from BORA on my RK25.
    If you would like to support the channel further, here are a couple easy ways to go about it.
    1. Follow this link or any of my amazon description links whenever you are shopping on Amazon, does not matter what you buy after following a link, a very small percentage goes to help support the channel - amzn.to/44lVW1O Not my product, just thought it was a good link to get started.
    2. Consider trying out the "Super Thanks" option below the video.
    3. Hit like on the video and subscribe to the channel :)

Комментарии • 40

• @mrneilsrv
    @mrneilsrv 7 месяцев назад

You nicely covered questions I'm considering regarding what size to get when I'm ready. I found this video looking for examples of large spacer installs on compacts (I'm sub-compact). Taking the time to take that picture with one side installed and one not, from straight on, was appreciated. Not too many folks going this large so thanks for sharing.

• @180Floridalife
    @180Floridalife 2 года назад +2

2 inch wheel spacers was a great addition to my tractor more stability for sure👍👍 great review thanks

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад +1

Thanks for the feedback 360 AL... glad your trailer held up all the way to FL.

• @dustincrain8867
    @dustincrain8867 2 года назад +1

I love your videos you are the one who convinced me to get a rk25. When I get mine I'll have to do this mod thank you and keep up the great work.
    From east tn

• @TryNewThings

Nearly neighbors... been trying to get my family to go down there to Pigeon Forge for a long weekend all summery. When you get yours Dustin, email me a photo to the email address on my channel homepage, I'll post it in my community chat or feature it in a future video. And many thanks for the kind feedback, very much appreciated.

• @TryNewThings

On another note... I do not remember seeing your entry for the Tumbler give away!!! :) Chances still pretty good at winning.

• @dustincrain8867
      @dustincrain8867 2 года назад +1

I just went to the video and intered all I was supposed to do was commit and be subscribed correct?

• @touyang2846
    @touyang2846 7 месяцев назад

now u r ready for a drag race... :)

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  7 месяцев назад

I did a video on the RKs top speed… don’t think anyone would pay to see it race. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated 😄

• @FabbedFun
    @FabbedFun 2 года назад +1

It's gonna be UNSTOPPABLE!!!! Seriously, it should be more stable and feel safer on slopes. Good video!

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад +2

Unstoppable??? Will have to see, but certainly a bit more stable. And I like the look.
      😎

• @dustysnow2502
    @dustysnow2502 2 года назад +2

Been looking at these for my 55

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад

Dusty what 'width' were you thinking? Full 6"?

• @dustysnow2502
      @dustysnow2502 2 года назад +3

@@TryNewThings no way. Maybe two inch to 2.5 on each side. I worry widening the stance will will have an effect on rear implement use and fitting between tight spots.

• @donaldstrishock3923
      @donaldstrishock3923 2 года назад +2

The Rk 55 & TYM equivalent Realy ""cheeped out " on this bigger model tractor. The Massey-Ferguson ( same size) came with off-setable rims ( 6 different configuations) all this and more for 1500.°°$. I think they do this because the transmission-axle can handle it. Just NEVER see a factory "option" for the RK-TYM system---bet they don't recommend it, Because it will probably Snap the Axels off eventually.

• @dustysnow2502
      @dustysnow2502 2 года назад

@@donaldstrishock3923 look again. They have rk55 options. Branson is probably a good tractor. Not going to try to nock what I don't know. I only know I've done alot of hard work with mine. You should try doing it with yours. Who knows. I've got 200 hours on mine in two years so far. Get back with me in 10 to 20 years and we will compare notes.

• @dustysnow2502
      @dustysnow2502 2 года назад

@@donaldstrishock3923 I'd also like to see the features you have on yours compared to rk.

• @donmahone4847
    @donmahone4847 Год назад +1

Almost a great vid! Need the rim size. It appears 6 lug. What's the Spacing of Lugs?
    I'm having a deal finding 6x6.75" fit my Carlisle Turf Tires 13.6x16.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  Год назад

They are six lug. Be worth reaching out to Bora and let them know what your looking for specifically. Here is a link to the set I installed. www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/updateprice_tractor

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  Год назад

Looks like that link did not work… how about www.motorsport-tech.com/tractor.html

• @stevenpepper5581
    @stevenpepper5581 Год назад

Good job😊

• @PeaceIntheValley
    @PeaceIntheValley 2 года назад +1

Great video as always! I was thinking this would be a good size for down in KY in the country. Up in OH in town, I think narrow is better...
    Why did you choose Aluminum over steel?
    I like the idea of spreading the weight over a further width on the my trailer. hmmm

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад +3

Honestly, biggest reason was they said turn around on aluminum was quicker… that backfired on me didn’t it? Well now that they have an RK25 under their belt I would assume no issues for anyone going forward.

• @DougBittinger
    @DougBittinger 2 года назад +2

How does Rural King feel about adding spacers? Some manufacturers are okay, some it will void the warranty. Thanks for the good I fo.

• @TryNewThings

Good question: Have not sought their input. Would have to remove the spacers to get it on the trailer if I have to take it in for service.... :)

• @projectswithjw
    @projectswithjw 2 года назад +2

Did you measure the total width before and after? Websites never seem to share how wide a tractor is.....

• @TryNewThings

I can go back to my very first RK25 video and pull out the original width, and when I'm out there tomorrow I can get the width with the spacers. I'll go back and put that info into the description. Good suggestion WW. Thanks as always!

• @PeaceIntheValley
      @PeaceIntheValley 2 года назад +2

I think my RK25 is about 61-62" wide at the rear wheels. The inside of the bucket is 58.75". I would guess the new width with these bora spacers would be 67" wide.

• @richardsplker303
    @richardsplker303 2 года назад +2

The first thing I notice is would this modification make it a little easier to remove and reattach the backhoe?

• @TryNewThings

It certainly would make it easier to get in and install/remove the pins that lock the two frames together.

• @richardsplker303
      @richardsplker303 2 года назад +2

Additionally I want to add my RK25 came with a 12 inch hoe bucket I dug an electric line from both directions driving over the open ditch to complete the dig having the rear tires wider for this would have helped as the weight of the tractor caused a little cave in

• @TryNewThings

@@richardsplker303 thanks for sharing another great example Richard!

• @avalonhomestead9077
    @avalonhomestead9077 2 года назад +1

Do they recommend checking the bolts that attach the extender to the wheel hubs.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад

AH, thanks for the question. They do not make any such recommendations, but as with all bolted connections on the tractor I would recommend checking them periodically. Now that is a challenge (or at least a bit of a chore) as you have to remove the wheel to check the bolts where the spacers attach to the tractor.

• @RealJeep
    @RealJeep Год назад +1

I'm wondering what kind of stress those spacers put on the rear wheel bearings. The further out you go the more stress those bearings get. That and you obviously don't have your tires ballasted. Mine weigh over 400 pounds each.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  Год назад +1

I Do have rim guard in the back tires. And your concerns around stresses are why I didn’t go too wide with the spacers. So far so good though. Time will tell I suppose.

• @fshalor738
      @fshalor738 4 месяца назад

I'd say 2" would be fine, 3.5" or more feels too much.
      Rim construction, whether they are weighted or not, and intended use case matters a bit.
      As I'll be doing mostly sloped work, running light, and in backhoe mode most of the time, 1.5" or 2" will be going on my T224. getting to the right spot is key.