Fujifilm X-T5 Image Quality vs The Original X-T1

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 19 июл 2024
  • How does the Fujifilm X-T5 compare to the original Fujifilm X-T1? In this video we compare the image quality of these two awesome Fuji cameras. We also look at the ISO performance and dynamic range of the Fujifilm X-T5 and the Fujifilm X-T1. We compare some side by side images in Lightroom and I give my thoughts on how these two cameras perform.
    🔴 Subscribe to the channel for more photography related content
    ruclips.net/user/zjmichaels?su...
    📸 Photo / Video Gear Rentals - 15% OFF
    LensRentals is one of the largest online providers for renting cameras, lenses, and a wide variety of other photography and videography gear. Get 15% off your order by using the promo code ZJRENT15 during checkout when visiting LensRentals from this link: bit.ly/3HpOzwA.
    📱 iPhone Photography Gear - 10% OFF
    SANDMARC makes iPhone photography gear as well as all kinds of cool accessories for Apple Watch, Airpods, GoPro, and more. Get 10% off your order at www.sandmarc.com/ZJ10 by using discount code ZJ10 at checkout.
    📷 Gear I used in the making of this video
    * Fuji Camera - bhpho.to/435WOGM
    * Fuji Workhorse Lens - bhpho.to/46yf3aM
    * Fuji Telephoto Lens - bhpho.to/3NyqWVm
    * Mic (in field) - bhpho.to/3NXFD5C
    * Mic (in studio) - bhpho.to/3NTToT6
    * CloudLifter - bhpho.to/3D6XxNg
    * Audio Interface - bhpho.to/436OXbU
    * Camera Bag - bhpho.to/3PWwXh8
    * Tripod - bhpho.to/3LIHXMv
    * Tripod Head - bhpho.to/3PW4Xds
    * Leveling Base - bhpho.to/3ZEqQ41
    * Editing Computer - bhpho.to/3JDZWCN
    * Computer Monitor - bhpho.to/3puiP47
    Disclaimer: Some of the links in this description are affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission if you place an order after using them. This helps support the channel so thank you for using the links when purchasing your own gear!
    📖 Video Chapters
    00:00 - Intro
    01:35 - In Lightroom
    03:00 - Image Comparisons
    06:39 - ISO Performance
    12:26 - Underexposure Tests
    15:41 - Overexposure Tests
    18:39 - Conclusions
    #fujifilm #photography #landscapephotography

Комментарии • 69

• @davidw.r.7801
    @davidw.r.7801 10 месяцев назад +49

Just proves the first iterations of these cameras were the best for image quality. I love my X-T1 and T2. No reason for me to ever upgrade, just wasting money and not interested in video.

• @eliaspap8708
      @eliaspap8708 5 месяцев назад +1

Agree for static and slow moving subjects, depends on what you shoot really, but for the wildlife and sport photographers the XH2s is a game changer. The AF subject detection tracking is amazing and I’m getting 90% keepers compared to probably 40/50% with the previous models.

• @WeirdRedFreak
      @WeirdRedFreak 4 месяца назад

100% I use my XT1 whenever I go shooting. Absolutely no reason to change. All I’d be doing is wasting a load of cash.

• @thephong8888
      @thephong8888 4 месяца назад

@@WeirdRedFreak what kind of lenses you using when shooting with XT1?

• @gillyb44
    @gillyb44 6 месяцев назад +6

So glad I didn’t get sucked into all the hype of the XT 5. Love my XT1.

• @RobertFalconer1967
    @RobertFalconer1967 10 месяцев назад +12

I do think I prefer the color from the X-T1, but otherwise, once you downsample the X-T5 images to equalize them, it's pretty much a wash. Which tells you that Fujifilm have been able to add resolution without really adding any relative noise. And most of that comes down to the newer, more powerful processor. A meaningful improvement in overall image quality, though, is really only going to come from stepping up one sensor size to FF.

• @nickgoogle4525
    @nickgoogle4525 9 месяцев назад +7

Cool comparison. I think I can still use my X-T1 and X-T10 (with 18-55 2.8/4 and the 14 mm and the 50-140 2.8 zoom when I need a tele). I prefer the colors of the X-T1 btw. 🙂

• @tristramlawson7119
    @tristramlawson7119 7 месяцев назад +1

Just came across this video and thank you for the comparisons. I bought, and continue to use, a X-T1 since launch in 2014. The images i have taken with the 16MP xtrans ii are great in my opinion. I am curious by what the X-T5 offers after 10 years of r&d and it would seem it's not much for my needs/wants, at least when comparing sensors. The autoficus and ibis seem to be the selling points of the newer cameras. I was hoping to see improvements in low light but the gains haven't been there.

• @darkkame
    @darkkame 5 месяцев назад

Thank you very much, you helped me decide to get the XT1 as my second body!

• @ZJMichaels
      @ZJMichaels  5 месяцев назад

Nice! Enjoy the X-T1!

• @bwm748
    @bwm748 5 месяцев назад

Thanks, great video, lots of info.

• @ZJMichaels

Thanks, appreciate it!

• @DanOrtizcreative
    @DanOrtizcreative 2 месяца назад

Im still rocking the XT-1
    It's a solid camera and the images are superb.
    I recently took the XT-5 for a test drive (rented) and the performance is so good.
    The autofocus alone is worth the upgrade.
    I will forever keep my XT-1 as a collectible.

• @roylv40
    @roylv40 6 месяцев назад

Thank for doing this video

• @parmorama
    @parmorama 7 месяцев назад +8

Each pixel on the X-T1 is 2.5 times bigger, therefore gathers 2.5 times more light, hence it looks cleaner with more shadow detail revealed.

• @mjodr
      @mjodr 7 месяцев назад +2

Pixel site size lost the war against resolution over the years. I was hoping people would see the light, but no they will always choose to purchase the bigger resolution numbers.

• @JungleCatImages
    @JungleCatImages 9 месяцев назад +5

The T1 was my first Fuji and it is capable of creating nice images. The T2 was a huge upgrade in many ways, especially overall usability.. the addition of the joystick, dual card slots and ability to save af mode by orientation made a big difference for people using these cameras for events, weddings etc.. I recently stepped up to the T5 and WOW!!! I loved my T2 but the AF improvement is like night and day.. For landscapes, maybe some types of sessions or manual focusing there may not be much difference in overall image quality.. but for those of us who need fast accurate AF going from a T1 to a T5 would be like the moment when TV switched from black and white to color

• @sclogse1
      @sclogse1 7 месяцев назад +2

The 16-50 3.5 VII on my T-2 (and X-H1) has lightning fast auto focus. Center sharpness is crazy good. And it has i.b.i.s. That lens has the highest percentage of keepers of all my Fuji lenses, and I have the 90 and the 16 1.4. The 23mm 2.0 is close, though. I'm having fun with vintage glass and manual now.

• @ivardahl-larsen
    @ivardahl-larsen 7 месяцев назад +3

40 mp on a sensor just as large as the one on xt1, just says that the 40 mp are much smaller. I can't see that this has a great significance on quality. On the contrary I should think.😊

• @stevegodsell
    @stevegodsell 10 месяцев назад +9

Yep, still using an XT1 & XT2 with a brace of f2 lenses and the 18-55. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thanks for the video.

• @sclogse1
      @sclogse1 7 месяцев назад

Ah, the 23mm 2.0. Best edge to edge if all my primes.

• @kalprao
    @kalprao 6 месяцев назад

I still use my Xt1 everyday with different lenses, including old manual focus lenses and this video just proves that you don't need to upgrade if all you care about is image quality. The Xt1 is just a fun little camera to use, a true classic!

• @UP209D
    @UP209D 9 дней назад

It is very interesting to see that after so many year, technology haven't been much better tbh, I am sure if Fuji doesn't restrict software options (film simulation settings), no one ever need to upgrade

• @goodbokeh
    @goodbokeh 10 месяцев назад +3

Thanks for the hard work and your techniques were very good except for the choice of lens. The 70-300 is a nice zoom but to really see what the 40MP sensor can do the 56mm MkII, 80mm or 90mm prime should have been used. That is why the contrast was low and mushy on the X-T5.

• @ZJMichaels
      @ZJMichaels  10 месяцев назад +1

Yeah that 40MP sensor really does seem like it needs a high quality prime lens to show its full potential. Even a more premium zoom lens like the XF 16-55mm falls a bit short with 40MP in my opinion, even though I'm still totally happy with the results I get from that lens as well as my other zooms.

• @ivorj4715
    @ivorj4715 3 месяца назад

Love my x-t1. Still very happy with the images I get. Lovely colours in the .jpg files straight out of camera.

• @sandrodunatov485
    @sandrodunatov485 4 месяца назад

I have an X-T1 but my main cameras have always been the X-Pro1 and X-Pro2. Never had any real issue with any of them and felt no pressure to upgrade. X-T1 is (and has always been) a keeper, and I see I could sell it now for essentially the same amount I paid for it (350 Eur body only) when X-T2 came out, triggering an onslaught of upgradeithis that killed the reselling value of X-T1 at the time.

• @HenyTV
    @HenyTV 10 месяцев назад +1

You are alive!

• @ZJMichaels

I am? Awesome!! ;)

• @SquirrelHybrid
    @SquirrelHybrid 10 месяцев назад +3

I think one flaw with this test is shooting at f/8, where diffraction becomes noticeable with the higher resolution sensors.

• @CatAvGuy
      @CatAvGuy 7 месяцев назад +2

Also Lightroom's poor handling of Fuji x-trans raws, especially if no specific steps are taken to correct the issues it has with demosaicing them. It's feasible some models are more effected than others in terms of how it harms fine details.

• @mjodr
    @mjodr 7 месяцев назад +1

It seems like over the years they mostly just added serious video feature to the X-T series. Still rocking my X-T1 because I can't justify the cost of a newer one! Sometimes I really want my X-T1 to be a serious video rig, but it just can't hack it. My 4 year old cell phone blows it away on the video side, lol.

• @jungleboy1
      @jungleboy1 2 месяца назад

lol all teh new cams these days its mostly about the video, raw video etc.

• @pastalavista03
    @pastalavista03 10 месяцев назад +2

Awesome video comparing new vs old !
    Could you do the same for a7i vs a7iv or a7r vs a7rv ?

• @ZJMichaels

Great idea! Will have to see if I can get a hold of an old Sony and do that

• @PanditaP
    @PanditaP Месяц назад

Xt1 and xt2 are incredible cameras.

• @depotmsa2362
    @depotmsa2362 2 месяца назад

in order for you to test the highlight recovery on the xt-1 properly , you must shoot the iso at 800 or greater , you can then pull the highlights down with more dynamic range , thats the only quirk i never liked about these first x xtrans sensors from fujifilm ,

• @kevinburke6446
    @kevinburke6446 6 месяцев назад

Still using the X T-1 for walk-around photography, but also have the X T-30 for telephoto wildlife shots.

• @ZJMichaels

I did a similar thing previously few yrs ago. I had the XT20 w the 55-200mm always attached for tele shots and the XT2 with either the 16-55 or 10-24. Was a great combo

• @pauljewell7097
    @pauljewell7097 8 месяцев назад +2

my xt1 is like my child its the vw golf gti mk1 if used properly its amazing i also xt10 im defo a fuji dude

• @paulv8453
      @paulv8453 7 месяцев назад

Love that. 😂

• @-grey
    @-grey 10 месяцев назад +3

Would have loved to see a jpeg comparison also. Just both set to Provia at default settings, 5000k. We might see a way bigger difference, since raw is raw at the end of the day.

• @jungleboy1
    @jungleboy1 2 месяца назад

just proves that camera tech must have peaked around 2014-16. All we're getting now is autofocus improvements via AI and video.

• @villegas24
    @villegas24 3 месяца назад +1

Fuji tones are unmatched, it’s like cheating. I have a much sharper Sony and still enjoy the Fuji files way more. I just wish the focus peaking was as good as the Sonys, that would make it a 10/10 system for me.

• @html401forever
    @html401forever 7 месяцев назад +1

X-T1 🔥💯👍😍

• @photoreviewed-com
    @photoreviewed-com 10 месяцев назад +9

It seems that older cameras still can make pretty good photos ;)

• @ZJMichaels
      @ZJMichaels  10 месяцев назад +3

Haha without a doubt!

• @mikk1332
    @mikk1332 2 месяца назад

Big question is…… is the price difference worth the upgrade?
    Point of diminishing returns

• @duschbrauser
    @duschbrauser 10 месяцев назад +7

I think the XT1 images Look better, the have more character.

• @-grey
      @-grey 10 месяцев назад +3

X-T5 has more red in the forest, where the T1 has more green.

• @j.k.b9247
    @j.k.b9247 7 месяцев назад

The xt-1 actually goes down to iso100 with the L setting, so i always shoot in that mode during daytime. I think more difference could have been seen at night, since all modern day cameras perform quite well during daytime, but my xt-1 is bretty bad for night photography

• @jonathandoyle3368
      @jonathandoyle3368 29 дней назад

ISO 100 is JPEG only though. If you shoot raw it bottoms out at ISO 200.

• @Solarsystem50
    @Solarsystem50 5 месяцев назад

The difference is so minimal. That makes the case that probably 12mp was more than enough. That is why smart phones get great pics with only 12mp.

• @47pricey
    @47pricey 3 дня назад

Is my x-e2 the same IQ as the x-t1? If so, great!

• @eyeshowyou
    @eyeshowyou 7 месяцев назад +3

You proved the XT1 is sharper....why buy a new camera when the original one is just better in image quality

• @mjodr
      @mjodr 7 месяцев назад

Video features

• @sclogse1

The 5 is all about i.b.i.s. for me. But even that isn't as good as a tripod and a 2 second shutter delay.

• @Beinhartwie1chopper
    @Beinhartwie1chopper 10 месяцев назад +1

All the real good sensors end up in the muli billion dollar market, the Smartphones. From there the R&D trickels down to the tiny camera market. Sometimes 5 years later....

• @mjodr
      @mjodr 7 месяцев назад

I kinda agree. The sensors on the various phones I have used are really the cream of the crop compared to all the other form factors. The only thing I purchased that even comes close to phone sensors is my DJI drone. They really chose a nice sensor to pack in that tiny little gimbal and the post processing they do before it hits the sd card is freaking top notch. I can't do RAW, but when I open my JPG's or compressed video I go to add film grain and the way it does it naturally makes be back off the grain slider back to 0 and go "hey, it already looks good, wtf?" BUT....none of those devices I am mentioning have APS-C size sensors, they are all way smaller.

• @bernios3446
    @bernios3446 9 месяцев назад

The truth is that 40 versus 16 MP (of good quality like in the older Fuji sensor) isn't that much difference because same sensor size and denser pixels are always harder to handle. Not that 40MP hurts, but 16MP was plenty. I still have the X-E1 and X-T2 next to my X-T5. Sharpest pixel per pixel of all my Fuji X cameras was the X-H1, I jsut hated the sluggish operation of the AF in lower light.

• @sclogse1

Boost mode.

• @mjodr
      @mjodr 7 месяцев назад

"but 16MP was plenty"
      There's only one time I wish I had just a *bit* more than 16MP and that's when I'm editing timelapses into video. When I crop a bit because I couldn't frame the shot perfectly I only have "1K" of resolution to throw away before I'm down to 4K video resolution. Really a small complaint and amazing to me that everyone kept demanding more and more over the years.

• @lexidium8278
    @lexidium8278 6 месяцев назад

for stills photography, I wouldn't waste money on the XT5 over the XT1

• @ZJMichaels
      @ZJMichaels  6 месяцев назад

An XT2 or XT3 would also be great bang for the buck for stills photography

• @erikmortensen1091
    @erikmortensen1091 4 месяца назад

There is absolutely no reason to buy a new camera. Instead spend time learning or buy other lenses.
    Uses a Fujifilm XT-20 myself and is extremely satisfied with it. FYI, I only use it for private purposes.

• @kaziqmaziq6703
    @kaziqmaziq6703 6 дней назад

The difference is practically ZERO.

• @phillipgoldsworthy8531
    @phillipgoldsworthy8531 8 месяцев назад +2

Upgraded and changed camera systems and back to the XT1 and X70 😂❤ ...... looking back through all my photos that sensor had something special 🧙‍♂️🪄

• @ZJMichaels
      @ZJMichaels  8 месяцев назад +1

X70! I wish Fuji would have kept that camera line going

• @ChacoOutdoorsman
      @ChacoOutdoorsman 7 месяцев назад

Yeah I would say the same, love my photos from my xt1 x70 xt10 and x100t, i use a xt3 and xt5 for weddings now but sometimes i get the urge to do a wedding with just the xtrans ii sendor cameras, there is just something magical to the pictures