Photographing Acadia National Park - FUJI X-T3

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 11 май 2022
  • Photographing Acadia National Park - FUJI X-T3. This week I was up in Acadia National Park looking for locations for upcoming tours. I had a special ultra wide XF 8-16 mm Fujfilm lens with me and it was a treat to use. I also used my XF 16-80 and XF 70-300. It was a short overnight trip and barely scratched the surface of this wonderful location. I did not bounce out of a very comfortable bed at 4:00 AM so the images are ok not great but I was basically up there to look around at locations I had not been in awhile and knock out a video.
    WEBSITES - capeannphototours.com, krwphoto.com
    WORKSHOPS - capeannphototours.com/photogr...
    PHOTO BLOGS - capeannphototours.com/photo-b...
    www.krwphoto.com/blog
    INSTAGRAM: Cape Ann Photo Tours / capeannphototours
    KR Williamson Photography - / krwilliamsonphoto
    Affiliate Links below
    More information about the Fujifilm zoom lenses
    Fujifilm XF 16-80 f4 OIS WR - amzn.to/3bWjG2D
    Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 - adorama.rfvk.net/gbPVmA
    Fujifilm XF 50-140 f 2.8 - amzn.to/3mjEBCM
    Fujifilm prime lenses
    Fujifilm XF 16 f1.4 R WR - amzn.to/307Tw7C
    Fujifilm XF 23 f2.0 R WR - amzn.to/3sJ7Fok
    Fujifilm XF 90 f2.0 LM WR - amzn.to/2NTwfE5
    AMAZON Affiliate LINKS FOR GEAR I USE EVERYDAY
    Fujifilm X-T3 - amzn.to/3uLaiaX
    Fujifilm X-T30 - amzn.to/3e24XWE
    Fujifilm XF 23 f2.0 R WR - amzn.to/3sJ7Fok
    FUJIFILM XF 70-300 F4-5.6 - amzn.to/3bTnDW7
    Adorama link
    FUJIFILM XF 70-300 F4-5.6 - adorama.rfvk.net/gbPVmA
    Fujifilm X-H1 - adorama.rfvk.net/e4ezED
    Fujifilm X-T3 - amzn.to/3uLaiaX
    Fujifilm X-T30 - amzn.to/3e24XWE
    Fujifilm XF 10-24 f4 OIS - amzn.to/3uMGLxz
    Fujifilm XF 55-200 f3.5/4.8 OIS - amzn.to/3uLgTlC
    Fujifilm XF 100-400 f4.5/5.6 OIS WR - amzn.to/3b9UMO1
    Fujifilm X-T3 & XF 16-80 Bundle - amzn.to/3kAvTOG
    Backpack and tripod gear
    Lowepro Flipside 400 AW - amzn.to/3r9VwZ5
    Feisol CT 3401 - amzn.to/3075QoU
    Feisol CB 40D ballhead - amzn.to/3r9We8H
    Neweer Leveling base - amzn.to/3860fDI
    Video Gear
    Fuji X-H1 - amzn.to/3uQdAJR
    Canon M50 - amzn.to/2NYrSaJ
    DJI Osmo pocket - amzn.to/2NNXIqS
    Benro Slim tripod - amzn.to/3bUQsBl
    Fujifilm X-S10 - amzn.to/3dZBGvJ
    Fujifilm X-S10 w/XF 16-80 bundle - amzn.to/3e1ywYp
    #fujifilmxf816 #fujifilm1680 #fujifilmxf70300
    THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPONSORED BY FUJIFILM
  • ХоббиХобби

Комментарии • 25

• @fairstamp
    @fairstamp 2 года назад +2

Hi Kirk, "tricky staircase" ..... yes indeed ! .... glad you made it down alive 😅 I love the color of the rocks in your video/photos ! I'm surprised to see no others there to enjoy the same experience you encountered in such a beautiful place. Thanx Kirk !

• @KirkWilliamsonphotography
      @KirkWilliamsonphotography  2 года назад

Hi Fairstamp - Late April and May are a great time to visit the park. I enjoyed it immensely. Not many people around.

• @johnaufiero7950
    @johnaufiero7950 2 года назад +1

Wonderful visit to Acadia. Thanks Kirk.👍👍👍

• @jerryweisskohl8313
    @jerryweisskohl8313 2 года назад +2

Beautiful picture of the water and rocks on the beach towards the end of the video. 1/4 sec seems to have worked well. Excellent job!

• @haroldcarlson2775
    @haroldcarlson2775 2 года назад +2

I love experimenting with shutter speeds when photographing water. Nice pop in those images.

Harold as you can tell from the video it was lots of fun shooting at Little Hunters Beach even though the tide was not cooperating.

• @alanbrunelle1546
    @alanbrunelle1546 2 года назад +2

Acadia is magical - a photographer's paradise. Next time you are at Otter Cove, turn around - there is a wonderful view away from the ocean on the other side of the road. ;-)
    I haven't been to Monument Cove - are there shots from down below? Up high looks scary to this old codger as well... ;-)
    Little Hunter's Beach is a great place to shoot - lots of angles. Thanks for sharing you experience!

Hi Alan - I actually made a shot with the 8-16 of that view on the other side of the road at Otter Cove. No reflection and the sun was too high so the photo was a nothing burger. I would need to rent a house for a month. Hey that’s an idea get a bunch of folks together and rent a house for a week this fall. Ummm.

• @jmpattillo
    @jmpattillo 2 года назад +2

I was finally able to snag a copy of the 70-300 from Best Buy. Can’t wait to try it out.

• @SteveMcClanahan
    @SteveMcClanahan 2 года назад +1

Nice video. I agree, the Little Hunters Beach were my favorite images. I I just picked up the 70-300, thanks in part to your review, and can't wait to give it a workout. So far, I've only taken it out for a few urban scenes here in San Francisco.

@KirkWilliamsonphotography  2 года назад +1

Steve - You will really love the lens. They did a great job with it. BTW make sure you use the locking feature on the lens when you are carrying it handheld otherwise it will slide out all the way. You don’t have to unlock it either just a short twist of the zoom barrel unlocks it.

• @kuriouskhemist3395
    @kuriouskhemist3395 2 года назад +2

Safety first Kirk! What filter system did you use for the 8-16 mm lens? Great photos as usual!

Thanks - I did not use any filters on the 8-16. Since the lens is borrowed there is no sense in buying a special filter setup for it which is giant.

• @somethingsafoot
    @somethingsafoot 2 года назад +1

the shot taken with the 70-300 made my jaw drop

• @Enrique-the-photographer
    @Enrique-the-photographer 2 года назад +2

Nice shots Kirk, that XF8-16 is good to have for certain occasions, but not at $2000, that would be an automatic divorce🤣. Be well and stay safe.

• @bill3117
    @bill3117 2 года назад +2

Very, very interesting regarding the $2,000 lens! I visited the Acadia National Park in 1983. I climbed a very steep mountain like trail, and was surprised to see a young boy eating an ice cream cone, and a dog as I finish the climb. Evidently there was a back road ;) It was a great place to explore and take pictures, as you well know Kirk!

@KirkWilliamsonphotography  2 года назад +1

Spring is a great time to explore Acadia. It starts to get crazy mid June through October up there.

• @traceybartlam7737
    @traceybartlam7737 Год назад +1

I’m so glad I found your channel. I am new to Fuji, I got a used x-t30 as a walk around (it came with an xc16-50) for trying street/architecture type of photography rather than my canon dslr which was heavy and conspicuous. I loved it so much I just traded my canon stuff for a used x-t4 and a couple of lenses - a bit like a bundle. I got a 35f.2 and wanted something with more reach for travel so an 18-135. I am not sure about this one atm as not sure how sharp it is but I knew I’d miss my 70-300 canon lens even though it wasn’t a day to day zoom. I’m having a dilemma as it seems the 16-80 is a better lens but it’s approx £90 more used but feel I need the longer reach for my trip - which will be east coast Canada and America in September so will be coming to Maine 😁 I need to try the 18-135 more to see if I’m happy with it in the meantime and I look forward to visiting your area soon. It’s been many years since I was near that area

@KirkWilliamsonphotography  Год назад

Tracey - The 16-80 is a fabulous lens I use it all the time on my X-T3. The XC series lenses are real low end. The 18-135 is not very sharp as you say. 16-80 and 70-300 and you are done. The 35 f2 is great for walk around and low light.

• @traceybartlam7737
      @traceybartlam7737 Год назад +1

@@KirkWilliamsonphotography I’ll be honest my 16-50 must be a particularly good one as the images from it are my favourite and some of the best I’ve ever had, it’s actually pretty amazing for a cheaper lens. I can get a 55-200 cheaper than the 16-80 so that was also in the mix budget wise. I think my problem at the moment is that I feel pressure to have a longer lens to take away which is perhaps causing the dilemma. I’ll figure it out eventually 😂