5 Reasons Why I Like Living in My ITH Tiny Home or Living at The Grove

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 15 июл 2024
  • I will provide you five reasons WHY I like living in my 8x 20 Incredible Tiny Home OR living in The Grove Community in Newport, Tennessee. In addition, I will give an update on the status of my ladder system for my sleeping loft.
    This is my summer home while I live in Newport, TN near The Smoky Mountains National Park.

Комментарии • 246

• @VanLifeStorytelling
    @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +45

I apologize as I failed to acknowledge two employees who work in the Incredible Tiny Homes office. Both Amber and Emily have been very helpful and a delight to work with too.

• @eddiew3521
      @eddiew3521 11 месяцев назад +3

I completely agree, the employees of ITH are the best. I’m currently working with Amber, and she is always on top of everything. As a happy and satisfied customer of ITH you cannot ask for more.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +3

@@eddiew3521 Very good and I have always enjoyed working with Amber and Emily.

• @angelalakes
      @angelalakes 11 месяцев назад +3

Same- Amber and Tim have been great to work with.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +1

@@angelalakes Thanks for watching

• @shariwelch9573
      @shariwelch9573 10 месяцев назад +1

Great information. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy !!! 😀

• @sunsprite4545
    @sunsprite4545 11 месяцев назад +27

This is a super video acknowledging the hard working employees of ITH and the many ways they have helped you. The inside of your Tiny home is meticulously arranged and so neat. Randy and Amanda should show the inside of your home as an example of how any person can organize and make such a tiny space liveable and beautiful and still make it look roomy. You sir are a master organizer.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +2

Thanks so very much for watching and it is my pleasure to recognize and acknowledge those accordingly.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
    @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +23

Thanks so very much for watching everyone and I greatly appreciate your support and your kindness.

• @karenstrode2492
    @karenstrode2492 11 месяцев назад +22

I've really enjoyed watching your progress of turning these tiny houses into your personal homey spaces!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I am pleased that that you are enjoying the process and thanks for watching.

• @jayemowrey1416
      @jayemowrey1416 10 месяцев назад +1

Try a regular wood ladder and hang it on the wall... Take It off the Wall place it on the loft and climb up when you're done remove it from The loft and hang it back on the wall

• @klharris391
    @klharris391 11 месяцев назад +5

Love how your fish follows you everywhere. Great to be able to decorate with magnets. No holes. Great shout out to all the wonderful people at ITH.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад

I greatly welcome and appreciate your favorable comments and thanks for watching.

• @dsstewbaby9
    @dsstewbaby9 6 месяцев назад +1

You are wonderful

• @cloud-mo
    @cloud-mo 11 месяцев назад +8

Very nice additions to your summer home. Love the hanging frying pan rack. I think if you hang the smallest pan in the middle, the larger pans will hang straight.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +4

Wonderful suggestion and "good eye". Before I wrote this replay back to you I did just that and you were RIGHT. Thanks so very much and thanks for your support.

• @dorothytempleton4531
    @dorothytempleton4531 10 месяцев назад +2

The wall ladder sounds good to me😊. Nice home, congratulations!!
    Blessings to you 🙏💞

• @tamarabelcher9573
    @tamarabelcher9573 10 месяцев назад +1

Cool! Great video!

• @annserrano7598
    @annserrano7598 10 месяцев назад +1

Congrats on your home.

• @iknowheis
    @iknowheis 11 месяцев назад +6

Great video! Your place looks very nice. Love the colors and your traveling fish!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Ha! Ha! I like the traveling fish as well and thanks for watching!

• @leslielutz6140
    @leslielutz6140 11 месяцев назад +6

LOVE YOUR CONTENT. Love it when you give measurements and visuals it is sooo helpful. Love that you tell us where you got everything. I am gleaning so much needing information from you. I will be doing the tiny home thing in the next year or so and have been watching all of ITH videos. You are a fabulous addition of knowledge. Keep up the great videos !!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Wonderful and when you do decide to buy tell them that my videos have been helpful and glad to be of service. Thanks for watching.

• @tripletgirl2484
    @tripletgirl2484 11 месяцев назад +4

The row house concept seems to be working well! I saw a small tour last week on ITH youtube. The houses may be close, but are very lovely! Really appreciate how you organize and give tips for tiny living!

• @tonimazza6297
    @tonimazza6297 11 месяцев назад +4

Your tiny home is a delight! Enjoy!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I greatly appreciate and welcome your favorable comments.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

The blinds are from Lowes and they are cellular blinds made by Levolor.

• @franchongaskin2713
    @franchongaskin2713 11 месяцев назад +2

You've fixed up your home very nicely!😊

• @CampingTherapy
    @CampingTherapy 11 месяцев назад +2

All great reasons to enjoy your home. Even as close as they are, I think I would enjoy living there. Owning the home, is important. You can make whatever changes you desire. In my apartment, we don't have the community feel that you do, and we're not even allowed to paint the walls.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Owning your own home and making it your home is important and you make some very good points. Thanks for your continued support and your thoughts.

• @warriorgirl8118
    @warriorgirl8118 11 месяцев назад +3

I’m happy for you making yourself friends and you have done a great job 👏 congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾 😊

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for watching and nice to meet new friends.

• @shariwelch9573
    @shariwelch9573 10 месяцев назад

Thanks for sharing good information
    Enjoy!!! 😀

• @JohnsDeb
    @JohnsDeb 11 месяцев назад +2

You home looks very nice! Community is very important. I’m happy to hear that it is at ITH. I enjoy your updates. Thank you for sharing.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Agreed that having a healthy and friendly community is important. Thanks for watching.

• @Mark32115
    @Mark32115 5 месяцев назад

Thank you for sharing. 😂❤

• @carolaclarke8211
    @carolaclarke8211 10 месяцев назад +1

Second time I have seen your videos. Hello. Thank you. for your comments about the Groove, I have been following ITH for a number of years. Your comments are greatly appreciated and nice. I am just an ITH observer. I hope o e day to isn't there. I am in Maryland at present, living with my daughter and her husband. My home which will eventially be sold is in Long Island, New York. As for your ladder for your loft, I think it should be attached to the wall somehow. Thank you again. I love these tiny homes and these communities Randy and Amanda have developed. GOD BLESS YOU.😂

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  10 месяцев назад

Thanks for watching and it has been my pleasure. God Bless You!

• @jayemowrey1416
    @jayemowrey1416 10 месяцев назад +1

Try a wooden ladder hanging on the wall where you want to place the permanent one... You can lift it off place it on the loft climb up and down and when you're done hang it back on the wall it's not in the way

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for the suggestion and I need to get with a carpenter who can design one and make it. Thanks for watching

• @dorisharrison9885
    @dorisharrison9885 11 месяцев назад +2

Enjoyed watching your video,have a bless day😅😊💜

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for watching and may you be blessed too!

• @keithcolegrove2924
    @keithcolegrove2924 11 месяцев назад +3

Anther great video. Love to watch your adventure. The place is really nice.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for watching and appreciate your support.

• @angelaabsher8406
    @angelaabsher8406 11 месяцев назад

Love your home ❤😊

• @sarahsayitaintso1768
    @sarahsayitaintso1768 11 месяцев назад +3

Nice video, thank you!

• @erikaamerica4546
    @erikaamerica4546 11 месяцев назад +2

Your place is very cute and love your bass too

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Yes, and me too as my brother David who lives in Atlanta likes to wish and I need to get the proper fishing equipment and go fishing with him and friends here

• @SmokyMountainBlessed
    @SmokyMountainBlessed 11 месяцев назад +2

we love living in the smokies too, but we are full timers here

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Yes, and once I get settled I plan to get a annual parking pass to the Smoky Mountains NP and hike much more. Appreciate your continued support too!

• @annabrusa8004
    @annabrusa8004 11 месяцев назад +5

Wow! You have really been working hard it looks great! I was just out there yesterday with a friend and I love how the housing is looking it is so cheerful it’s going to be such a beautiful place to live I can’t wait to live there!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I have been working hard and appreciate your kind words and The Grove is taking shape. Congratulations and where are you moving to if I can ask?

• @annabrusa8004
      @annabrusa8004 11 месяцев назад +1

Buffalo Creek. I am hoping after I order my tiny home next week that once done next year, they will be able to put me somewhere temporary if it takes too long to get Buffalo Creek ready. I still have not completely decided on exactly which home and I have through the weekend to make up my mind for sure lol. I will leave TN in my tiny Casita camper to go to the Micanopy area for the winter pretty soon. Looking forward to the adventure but I know this is going to take a long time lol

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@annabrusa8004 Good for you and I think that you will enjoy Buffalo Creek. Based on the amount of rain we have had this summer I hope that ITH can continue to make their deadlines. However, from what I have heard The Mountain might take longer due to the steepness and the challenges of the infrastructure. Enjoy the process and be patient.

• @geema135
    @geema135 11 месяцев назад +2

As someone considering ITH when I retire next year I luuuvv your videos! You encourage me to give it a try. 😎

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I am glad that my videos are favorable to you and encourage you. Enjoy the process and remain patient.

• @donnalf184
    @donnalf184 11 месяцев назад +3

That is genius with the bass! The Incredibox has metal walls! Magnets will work to hand decorations . The one thing about that place that is really great is that the residents seem to be kind, as well as the employees. Win, win.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for the favorable comments on the metal work piece and love the bass out of water as my brother David from Atlanta is a fisherman. And, it is a "win - win"

• @IreneMiranda-hh9ri
      @IreneMiranda-hh9ri 11 месяцев назад

Your house is shaping up very nice.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@IreneMiranda-hh9ri Thanks so very much

• @pcthayer
    @pcthayer 11 месяцев назад +5

You have made your tiny house from a blank canvas to a beautiful home with so many individual touches. Very nice. (I can't wait for your video in late Fall to see the steps to winterizing it before you leave for Florida for the winter, which I'm sure you are used to since being an RVer. :-))

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Paul, I hear you and that sounds like too much work. Thanks for watching.

• @pcthayer
      @pcthayer 11 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling No problem, just sounded like interesting content.

• @reynetallents
      @reynetallents 11 месяцев назад +1

​@@pcthayerhe's hooked to Utilities, so nothing more to do than shut off water to the home and drain the water tank, toilet tank and bowl.

• @pcthayer
      @pcthayer 11 месяцев назад

@@reynetallents That sounds simple enough....thanks.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@reynetallents Thanks and good points

• @tripletgirl2484
    @tripletgirl2484 11 месяцев назад

Oh, btw the wall art is wonderful!

• @jenniferevans5192
    @jenniferevans5192 11 месяцев назад +5

Lovely to see you and how lovely your home is. It sounds a glorious place to live. Enjoy it all. Best wishes from England.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks for watching all the way from England and the area of Newport, TN is lovely and thanks for watching and continued good health and success for you.

• @paulaneuspickel8981
    @paulaneuspickel8981 11 месяцев назад +2

Thanks for sharing and showing us your home. I like that you can move your sculpture around. Looks great. Have a blessed day

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks and the "Bass Out of Water" will stay put now. However, you are right as it was nice to be able to move around for the video, Thanks for watching.

• @jayemowrey1416
    @jayemowrey1416 11 месяцев назад +6

Enjoy watching your progress your place is definitely coming along looking more like a little home now..
    I thought all the places in the Grove were having covered porches and storage sheds that came along with the Grove I must be mistaken.... A porch or deck on the front would be lovely.... Since you placed only gravel in your front I guess you will get a tree maybe you can do a couple pots with plants in them to liven it up...
    Look forward to your next video keep up the good work.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks for watching and I ordered a 4x8 storage shed but decided to get a shed put over the tongue as I needed additional storage NOW. I don't plan to have any grass in the front yard and could put planters down at some point.

• @lovematters7122
      @lovematters7122 11 месяцев назад

Great video! You should be the tour host for your neighbors who may want to showcase their tiny homes too! Thank you!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@lovematters7122 Thanks for the kind comments and I will leave that up for Randy and Amanda

• @patriciatwalsh4479
    @patriciatwalsh4479 10 месяцев назад

Nice setup 😊

• @chandrasutton4669
    @chandrasutton4669 11 месяцев назад +1

Glad you are enjoying your tiny homes!!!😊🎉❤

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much and after several months of hard work it is playing off. Thanks for watching.

• @monicafarnsworth5098
    @monicafarnsworth5098 11 месяцев назад

Bless your heart, it’s great to hear this information.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

My pleasure and thanks for watching and it has been a fun process. Need to get more wall decorations up on my walls.

• @sozofam2164
    @sozofam2164 11 месяцев назад +1

Congratulations on nearing your goals with your new homes - it’s certainly a lot of work. You’ve come a long way! Hope it’s all wonderful when both are completed. Blessings!

• @anngelinakoenig-fales4153
    @anngelinakoenig-fales4153 11 месяцев назад +1

Thank you so much for sharing.

• @annettekelton907
    @annettekelton907 11 месяцев назад +1

I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS, GREAT IDEA'S

• @DSJ72
    @DSJ72 11 месяцев назад

Great video!!!

• @beverlysyferd379
    @beverlysyferd379 11 месяцев назад

Enjoyed the appreciation you showed to everyone. Thanks for the tour.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

You are certainly welcome and glad to acknowledge them.

• @Jackie_B.
    @Jackie_B. 11 месяцев назад +1

Your home is so lovely and inviting!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for watching and greatly welcome your kind words.

• @user-iw5fp8kf7w
    @user-iw5fp8kf7w 11 месяцев назад +1

Great video, nice home. Ty for sharing! God bless you!😊

• @leslyehowell3390
    @leslyehowell3390 10 месяцев назад

Love your statement on your wall. Such a grateful way to live .

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much and I appreciate your kind words and your acknowledgement.

• @baddriver3580
    @baddriver3580 11 месяцев назад

It's awesome to hear that!! I'm coming to see it in a few weeks!!! 😊

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Great and enjoy your visit and have fun on your tour!

• @dawnbrown4449
    @dawnbrown4449 11 месяцев назад

Great video. It exemplifies the meaning of your sign. Your home looks wonderful. I wish you many, many years of joy in your new community and in you Florida home. Have a great day.😀

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much and I take the qualities of my mother with her kind and gentle spirit more than my father. And, I try to remain humble too. Thanks for watching.

• @nancybrown2668
    @nancybrown2668 11 месяцев назад +1

I really enjoyed this video. You have done a wonderful job on your home. I love the pan shelf, it looks so good. The bass decor is so neat. I commend you on your explanation of every aspect of your home. I wish all happiness in your home, God bless you.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much on your kind and favorable comments and I am feeling more comfortable at home here and making it my house!

• @emiliagarcia6868
    @emiliagarcia6868 11 месяцев назад +1

Awesome video 👍❤️

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for the favorable comments and blessings to you!

• @davidwolfe7777
    @davidwolfe7777 11 месяцев назад

I really like the wall art👍 Looks like a large mouth bass, and it is putting me in the mood to go and catch some!!!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

David, agreed and I think it is a large mouth bass and hope to go fishing the next time. Thanks for watching.

• @susandellarocca1866
    @susandellarocca1866 11 месяцев назад +1

Thanks so much for your video. I love to hear and see how your Tiny homes continue to evolve. I'll be picking up my 8×20 Ibox on 8/21 at ITH to take to North Carolina. Hope you'll still be around. Would love to meet you.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Great news and glad that you are picking up your future home at ITH. I will not be able to visit or meet you as I will be down in my second home in north Florida. Best of luck with delivering and setting up your home.

• @susandellarocca1866
      @susandellarocca1866 11 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling That's too bad I can't meet you. But enjoy your other Tiny in FL. I will continue watch your videos for more Tiny home news.😊

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@susandellarocca1866 Good luck with picking up and tell Brian I said "hello" Robert

• @70qq
    @70qq 10 месяцев назад

🤘

• @kitty_s23456
    @kitty_s23456 10 месяцев назад +1

Hi there! I enjoyed watching your vids. I liked that they were short, so I could watch a bit in between chores.
    Re: the 2-person sofa, maybe you could get a sofa bed or a futon? That would be additional sleeping space, in case you have more company (aside from the sleeping loft space). As for the ladder, I suggest a ladder (wood or metal) that you can detach/ attach to the wall & remove/ use whenever needed. Cheers! I enjoyed seeing the improvements on both your tiny homes. Btw I liked the metal fish decor & your fold-down table.

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  10 месяцев назад +1

Thanks for watching and others have suggested a sofa sleeper in the 58 inch space. I am still waiting for the right ladder solution. Thanks

• @DSJ72
    @DSJ72 11 месяцев назад +1

Amazon has fold up ladders!!

• @lindayaya59
    @lindayaya59 10 месяцев назад

Hey ask randy or amanda about the telescoping ladder the one randy put in a closet. It would do for you. Metal folds on side

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks and I will ask Brian about a telescoping ladder that Randy put in his closet.

• @blueboy387
    @blueboy387 10 месяцев назад

I think it was on ith or jennas vids of someone who had a ladder that the rails come together as the rungs folded.
    Say the the ladder was to left of loft as you demonstrated. But entry was to bed, not wall.
    The right rail would lift rung would be hinged underneath, on the left rail rungs would be hinged on top.
    So the whole ladder would collapse to wall the thickness of the rails and rungs of material used.
    Very unobtrusive and quite sturdy.
    I hope my explanation is explainable.
    Maybe one of the carpenters can make sense of it and perhaps realize it for you.
    Blue

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much and I have been told about such a ladder built for an ITH resident but have not located. Perhaps, I will send an email to Brian and ask him? Thanks for watching.

• @brendaelk69
    @brendaelk69 11 месяцев назад +1

It is looking good! Now... I do have one thing I do not care for and it is may because I am a woman! And that is the metal fish. Not my taste, but since it is yours, definitely go for it! We should always fill our spaces with things that we love and that means something to us! I was also surprised that there was two lofts in the 8 by 20's. One is great for storage and the other is an excellent guest room for someone to spend a few nights! You are extremely lucky to have two tiny homes in two different states! I know you will continue to explore the Smokeys and the Florida is great place to Winter! Take Care and Enjoy!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks so very much for watching and the Metal Works guy can do a lot of designs to fit your needs. I am blessed to have two homes and will be driving back down to north Florida soon.

• @tammymccorkle414
      @tammymccorkle414 10 месяцев назад

Don't come down too fast. It's still very hot!. Weather is talking possibly about something tropical next week

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@tammymccorkle414 I hear you but I am already here and with a tropical storm heading into the gulf.

• @brendahidalgo4711
    @brendahidalgo4711 11 месяцев назад +1

small sofa would be nice

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Understand and will have to be a project for this Spring.

• @cajunjamis9001
    @cajunjamis9001 10 месяцев назад

Hope that you and your friends faired OK during IDALIA's visit! ( ? ) Let us know, Cajun

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I was blessed as Idalia took a more easternly turn away from Tallahassee.

• @mmercury5598
    @mmercury5598 11 месяцев назад

I love your bedside table. Scuba tank? Sorry if I missed it in previous videos.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Ha! Ha! It is actually an old fire hydrant that I picked up at an antique store outside Chattanooga, TN. Thanks for watching

• @nmarques74
    @nmarques74 11 месяцев назад

Thank you so much for your videos.!I'm moving to Buffalo Creek in the near future. My Incredibox is being built soon. Love your content and you seem like a great guy. Always looking for friends when I move up there.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

No worries and if you like to hike and be outdoors sounds like a gameplan. Good luck with your move!

• @nmarques74
      @nmarques74 11 месяцев назад

Thank you, I love enjoying the outdoors!

• @le_th_
      @le_th_ 11 месяцев назад

@@nmarques74 When will you have electricity, water, and sewer there?

• @chicletlux
    @chicletlux 11 месяцев назад +3

Your home is so tidy and inviting! I still think the houses are too close 😬😀

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Agreed and if there was a lot available in The Forest that is where I would like to be. It is under the shade of the trees. However, I like The Grove too for the next 1 1/2 years of so. Thanks for watching.

• @jayemowrey1416
      @jayemowrey1416 11 месяцев назад +2

It is tight in the Grove .. but it was designed to be !! There are other communities if you don't like it !

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@jayemowrey1416 I never said that I didn't like living there. However, the Forest is cooler during the summers and thanks for watching

• @chicletlux
      @chicletlux 11 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling is there a waiting list to move to other communities? The Forest is awesome.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@chicletlux I am not sure and I imagine so. Call the Sales Office and see what they have to say. Good luck@!

• @Cpd0127
    @Cpd0127 11 месяцев назад +1

Your place looks beautiful. I am driving up from North Central Florida next Monday 8-21. I have a tour scheduled on 8-23 to see the ITH facility. Im so excited. Im thinking of buying an 8x20 if I can get the financing. My name is Chris.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Chris, good for you and pleasant and safe travels. You will like it up here in eastern Tennessee and wish you continued success with working with ITH. My name is Robert and best of luck to you. I will be down in my second home in north Florida during your visit.

• @Cpd0127
      @Cpd0127 11 месяцев назад

Thanks so much for the kind wishes Robert. I praying I get financing. I would have loved to have met you. Hopefully I will be back permanently next time.

• @peggyrebollar8561
    @peggyrebollar8561 11 месяцев назад

In Florida you can let us know how well insulated your home is. Also if there are any moisture issues due to humidity. Safe travels

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I guess I am going to find out real soon when I return in 3-4 days

• @danielbarnett6859
    @danielbarnett6859 11 месяцев назад

Me and my wife plan to go down there in Sept. To look for a house to buy for my daughter to put beside our house. Mabie if we have time would like to stop and buy you a coffee.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Wow! That would be nice under the assumption I will be there as I am going to my second home soon for awhile. However, I will be back around mid-September. Thanks for watching and tell the sales staff at ITH that you have enjoyed watching my videos. Best of luck with the purchase.

• @mxbadboy263
    @mxbadboy263 11 месяцев назад +1

Beautifully done! You are a blessing for the Grove! One question: Where will you do your laundry?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Good question and my place is not big enough for a separate washer and dryer. I have looked at combination machines but too costly at this time. There is a laundry mat about 3 miles down the road near Marathon Oil. Thanks for watching.

• @reynetallents
      @reynetallents 11 месяцев назад

​@@VanLifeStorytellinglook into a washer spinner. They have smaller ones that will fit in your shower when you aren't using it and larger all in one units that can stay just outside your shower. They aren't really expensive, but you'll need to hang out your clothes to dry. A tension rod or two across your bathroom near the ceiling should work, hang on hangers to dry...

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@reynetallents I hear you and yes a few of the residents who live in a smaller home as do have purchased one. However, it is not a priority now as I need a ladder for the loft and two -person sofa in the living room. Great suggestion!

• @tammymccorkle414
    @tammymccorkle414 10 месяцев назад

Yes it is awfully hot here. Air conditioning is your friend.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I really like my Mini Split here in north Florida. Thanks for watching.

• @melaniehoshall6942
    @melaniehoshall6942 10 месяцев назад

Hi, I haven't seen any videos from you lately. I also wanted to check in and see how your two tiny homes weathered Idalia.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Both tiny homes weathered Idalia and the tiny home in north Florida did quite well. We were blessed as the main storm turned east of Tallahassee and missed us!

• @melaniehoshall6942
      @melaniehoshall6942 10 месяцев назад

@VanLifeStorytelling That's such good news! The last radar I saw for Idalia showed it clipping the edge of East Tennessee. I know that's where ITH is, but I wasn't sure what area the Florida tiny house is. I'm glad to hear you and your homes are fine!

• @maryannecarvale1480
    @maryannecarvale1480 11 месяцев назад

Check out Gloria video on Icredable tiny homes she has a pulley ladder for her loaft you will work well for you :

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks for the advice and do you have a timeframe when her video was shot? Randy and Amanda have done many videos.

• @DSJ72
    @DSJ72 2 месяца назад

The lot should of been fixed by ITH since that should be included in the infrastructure!! Why would tenants have to pay for loads and loads of gravel when it was stated on several videos before grove was put in that the lots will be really nice and you won’t have to do anything to your lot other than plant flowers etc.

• @Bess9779
    @Bess9779 11 месяцев назад

Always enjoy your informative videos!! I haven't gotten an answer to a question I posted elsewhere, but how does it work to get a tiny home insured? Is it considered an RV or modular home or whatever? Sounds like a dumb question, but I'm too old not to cover all possibilities. I know the cost would greatly vary due to where it was, but I was wondering about the classification & insurance availability.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Good question and depending on where the tiny home will be located there are two options that I can provide you. One is Deanna Arnold of Strategic Insurance at 1-719-694-5461 and Recreation Insurance Specialists at 1-844-747-9320 and tell them Robert referred you. Good luck and I think both consider it a RV.

• @susanbell7252
    @susanbell7252 10 месяцев назад

Thank you for showing us your progress on your neat homes. I wonder if the metal walls block your cell phone company signal? My metal roof on this house cut my signal down half way.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

You are welcome and thanks for watching. My cell phone service is with AT&T and when I am up in Tennessee I get phone service inside my home and Internet access too. However, when it is overcast and raining my Internet does does not a much. In the north Florida home I get better phone service and better Internet access.

• @susanbell7252
      @susanbell7252 10 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling thank you

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@susanbell7252 You are welcome and thanks for watching

• @cajunjamis9001
    @cajunjamis9001 11 месяцев назад

QUESTIONS? Robert, I sent you an e-mail wanting to know more about "Towing" your ITH.
    Aslo, about bed dimesions? Love your Viedos, stay blessed! 🐟 Cajun🦝

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I will provide a link for the video about towing my 8x16 from Newport, TN to north Florida and my bed dimensions is a twin bed 30 x 70.
      ruclips.net/video/UGQw958LZeU/видео.html

• @user-hw9vf4pl9s
    @user-hw9vf4pl9s 11 месяцев назад

You have done such a nice job getting everything finished inside, it took a lot of work, and it is paying off : ) Are you getting the front porch put on soon? I have seen a few that have their porches finished and decorated they look so inviting. When do you think your porch will be completed and will you show us when it's done, please.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Yes, many homeowners have a porch and a covered porch. I plan to get one built but probably not until Spring of 2024 as with two tiny homes have already spent a lot of money.

• @user-hw9vf4pl9s

Thank you for replying. I thought the houses in the Grove came with porches included in the price. I thought I saw a video where Randy said they would have a privacy fence, a storage unit and a porch all included in the price of the incredibox if you wanted a Grove lot. Either way I love the grove community and am so happy you have shared your experience so far with us. I think it's wonderful you have both a Florida home and a Tennessee home. @@VanLifeStorytelling

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@user-hw9vf4pl9s The 12 x 20 homes all came with a deck and covered porch and for the model that I purchased 8 x10 you had to pay extra for a deck and covered porch and the 4 x 8 storage shed.

• @user-hw9vf4pl9s

Thank you for the clarification!@@VanLifeStorytelling

• @alicejette5635
    @alicejette5635 10 месяцев назад +1

Hi, your place is really looking good I have friends who live in Tenn. they took a drive to see the tiny homes were very impressed I do have a question how far are the shopping areas do they have a Walmart and what chain of market do they have ,my friends were concerns about that so they want me to go to Tenn and see all the homes I could fly from Sanford airport and arrive in Somewhere near Greene Tenn I don’t know I am a private person don’t like to put people out so we’ll see ,thanks again Alice in Fl

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks for watching and there is Wal-Mart located about 6 miles away and many grocery stores about 3 miles away. The main grocery store there is Food City. Alice, why not fly into Knoxville, TN and drive over to Newport?

• @alicejette5635
      @alicejette5635 10 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling thanks for such a quick response,how far is the drive from Knoxville to tiny homes I guess I could rent a car ,in one of the video someone mentioned a place called Marion and Brian BnB place I will look that place up,right now I am in the process of doing some upgrades and painting so much to do but in order to move on I need to sell then can buy I know I will have to go up there to see things I noticed they are doing a lot of improvement in the Grove putting up fences everyone looks very busy and friendlyI hope your place will be safe in N.Florida with IDALIA,Alice in Fl

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@alicejette5635 Thanks as it looks as though the hurricane is heading toward Tallahassee and my tiny home is located north in Havana area. Knoxville is 49 miles west of Newport

• @GHE2005
    @GHE2005 11 месяцев назад +1

U sure worked hard on ur two homes. I like all that u've put into making ur home cosy. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
    Did u talk about the process of going through buying ur incred-i-box in previous videos? Did u call to speak with Amber or Emily regarding the contract and did u pay in full? I'm wondering how ur process went? How long it took to get ur homes? Im think of buying from ITH & looking for more info. Thx u for yr videos. 👍🏾🙏🏽

• @VanLifeStorytelling

You are welcome and I purchased my first of two 8x16 boxes back in July or August of 2022 as part of the deal offered for The Grove. There are always good deals and have you watched Randy and Amanda's videos. That is the best thing to do and watch to obtain the data and get comfortable. Good luck. I might have spoken about purchasing two and will attempt to send you a link.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

ruclips.net/video/6mqdE7SpiPk/видео.html

• @GHE2005
      @GHE2005 11 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling I appreciate ur input. I do watch the channel of the tiny home of ITH. I wanted to know ur perspective coming from the other side as a consumer. Thx u again. Safe travels to FL. 😊

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@GHE2005 Thanks so very much and blessings to you!

• @TedK4307
    @TedK4307 10 месяцев назад

Hi, Can I have a update on your FL home. I bought that RJO and will be brining it to right below Tampa when its ready. How is the water run off working? I cant wait to us the water for my plants.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Hope to post a video soon and congratulations on buying the RJO. I don't have an off-grid model. I have water hooked directly into my home from a water hose. Thanks for watching

• @AZHITW
    @AZHITW 11 месяцев назад +1

I'd be tempted to hang a curtain or something (Japanese noren) across the storage loft, do you access that area daily or is it long-term storage?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

You are totally correct and great suggestion. It is on my "to do list". Thanks for watching and appreciate the support

• @Jackie_B.
    @Jackie_B. 11 месяцев назад +2

I guess I missed this info: Where are your window shades from? They're very nice looking and seem to work well.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

The blinds are from Lowes and they are cellular blinds made by Levolor.

• @Jackie_B.
      @Jackie_B. 11 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling Thank you!

• @tennesseeterri
      @tennesseeterri 10 месяцев назад

They were VERY expensive ímo.

• @tripletgirl2484
    @tripletgirl2484 11 месяцев назад

How do you feel about the rivets in the walls? Also, do the steel walls effect internet service or cell phone service? Blessings!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I don't mind the rivets too much. They are there and I did my best to cover them when I painted. To best of knowledge the steel walls have not affected Internet of cell phone service. However, I have been told that some cell phone providers are weaker than others at The Grove. I have AT&T and have been pleased.

• @brendaelk69
    @brendaelk69 10 месяцев назад

Hi, Are you doing ok? We have not heard from you in a few weeks and I am hoping you are doing good!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Thanks for asking and I have been living in the tiny home in north Florida. You are right as I have not produced a video. However, hope to do one soon.

• @marciafurlowlogangreen2824
    @marciafurlowlogangreen2824 11 месяцев назад

Do you have a washer/dryer? Did I miss it?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I do NOT have a washer dryer in my tiny home in TN. If I did it would a single unit combo.

• @DSJ72
    @DSJ72 2 месяца назад +1

What was the total cost you had to pay the people you mentioned that helped you for their projects they helped you with?

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  2 месяца назад

I haven’t gotten there yet and when I do will provide another video

• @MJ-ge6jz
    @MJ-ge6jz 11 месяцев назад +1

Where did you get those magnetic shelves?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Those are NOT magnetic shelves. They are floating shelves that were purchased from a company called Zero Center Floating Shelves in ID at 1-208-589-0535.

• @DSJ72
    @DSJ72 11 месяцев назад +1

What happened to all of your sheds!!!

• @VanLifeStorytelling

I did not want to wait 6 months to a year and decided to get a tongue box storage shed

• @le_th_
    @le_th_ 11 месяцев назад

Question: You have an 8 x 16 and an 8 x 20. I've been in both, but not lived in either. If you would've had the extra cash on hand, do you wish you had purchased 2 8 x 20 Incrediboxes? That 8 x 16 felt almost claustrophobic when I was in Quartzite, and I don't feel claustrophobic in a closed MRI machine or a capsule hotel. Heck, I car camp and sleep in my car (a 4-door sedan) just fine. My office is 7'6" x 13'6" and there is no bathroom/shower or kitchen cabinets/counter. I can't imagine having all that with only 2'6" more length.
    You specifically asked about the metal fish (a bass?). I'm glad it makes you smile. Subjectively, I do not care for it. I did find it whimsical that you kept moving it around as you were filming. lol I felt like I couldn't get away from it! lol Made me laugh to see it "jumping" from wall to wall.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Good question, if I had the extra money would got the 8 x 20. However, keep in the mind that the height is 13 feet high and not 10 feet high. It would have been too tall for placing it under the pole barn in north Florida and glad that tiny home is NOT sitting outside under the Florida sun all day. I understand that the bass is not for everyone but the artist can do many things too. Thanks for wtaching.

• @tennesseeterri
      @tennesseeterri 10 месяцев назад

@@VanLifeStorytelling so are you saying the 8x16 is 10 ft. High, and the 8x20 is 13 high?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@tennesseeterri Need to confirm but the height of the 8x20 model is three higher than the 8x16 to accommodate the sleeping loft. Check with ITH.

• @carrienishikawa1465
    @carrienishikawa1465 10 месяцев назад

When are you do an update?

• @debbiehowe3509
    @debbiehowe3509 11 месяцев назад +1

A pipe ladder mounted to the wall which I have seen before would be physically impossible for almost anyone aged 40+ to access your particular loft. The removeable ladder hung on the wall is a good idea. The treads need to be gentle on bare feet. I would want to watch someone actually get up there with a regular ladder and show you the best technique and determine if you need grab bars or hand holds. Your loft looks like it might be a bit short to do a hands and knees entry directly onto a mattress. One might have to swing one leg over the mattress and roll onto it. Best to figure this out before spending money on the ladder. Maybe Randy and the guys can help you figure it out. Love your videos.

• @le_th_
      @le_th_ 11 месяцев назад +2

I said the same thing. I climbed that ladder on the wall in their Incredibox in Quartzite, and I'm a fit, flexible, strong 55-year-old former gymnast and yoga teacher, and there is no way for someone my height or taller (5'6") to get into the loft, safely. Worse still, getting out of the loft would require you to roll out and/or jump down to the floor, as there is no way you can swing your legs around and safely get your footing on the ladder to go down.
      *There is no hands and knees entry directly onto the mattress* in this short loft. I feel just terrible for those who have paid extra for those windows.
      I have no physical limitations, can place my palms flat on the floor without even warming up, and I'm accustomed to jumping on a trampoline and doing other exercises.
      I have no problem getting up and down the pipe ladder itself. The problem is the low ceiling height from where the floor of the loft is. If you want to kill a spouse or a family member, having them try to climb into that loft is a feasible way to do it.
      Elementary-age children who are shorter than 5"6", they would probably love using the loft, and if they are small enough, not overweight, and also active kids who climb trees, ride bikes, and run and jump regularly. Overweight, sick, or sedentary children will likely not be able to climb in there (or if they can, they will not be able to jump out safely). I would never allow a toddler or a young child to get up there unless I was standing right there to grab both of their hands and help them jump to the ground out of it.
      I've said it a dozen times on the ITH channel and my comments often get deleted. There is a very good reason why you have never seen Randy, Amanda, and none of his employees...not a single one of them...climb into that loft on camera because if the public saw how difficult it was to get in, and how much harder it is to climb out, they might think twice before buying it.
      For people who just want to store stuff up there that they never use (like old memorabilia boxes), it is great for that. It may be fairly easy to get those boxes up there, but getting them down safely is not for the elderly, frail, or weak.
      It would be so much wiser just to buy a trundle bed or trundle-type bed. They are not difficult to find. IKEA has them. I'm guessing Wayfair does, as well.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Debbie, great suggestion and that is why I am still looking at the best option that is affordable. I greatly appreciate your detailed explanation and thanks for watching.

• @VanLifeStorytelling

@@le_th_ Wow! What a detailed explanation to the positive and negatives regarding the sleeping loft and getting in and out. I guess it might be a good thing that as of now, I have not seen many visitors. In addition, I have looked into a sofa sleeper that will fit in the living. You make some wonderful thoughts and I am still investigating. However, there are two people who live "full-time" sleeping in their loft area. Thanks for watching!

• @bernadinelewis485
    @bernadinelewis485 11 месяцев назад

I’d like to ask if you could ask some of your friends to show off their incredible box

• @VanLifeStorytelling
      @VanLifeStorytelling  11 месяцев назад +3

I hear you and others have asked me to do that, However, I would first need to get approval and permission from Randy and Amanda in order to do that. They have a RUclips channel which is much is larger than mine with many follows. Search Incredible Tiny Homes on RUclips and they have many videos of beautiful homes in the tiny towne community that you can watch. Thanks for watching.

• @lstev7489
    @lstev7489 11 месяцев назад +1

I dont like the Grove. Too close together

• @Mydogpenny1970
    @Mydogpenny1970 9 месяцев назад

That just looks depressing to me..Like living in a room at a nursing home

• @jonpoulda3362
    @jonpoulda3362 11 месяцев назад

How welcoming is this community to LGBTQ+ people?

• @VanLifeStorytelling

Yes and thanks.

• @jonpoulda3362

@@VanLifeStorytelling Thanks for responding. I’ve asked this question countless times to Randy with zero reply, so yours is appreciated.

• @kmwrites7456
      @kmwrites7456 11 месяцев назад +1

@@jonpoulda3362 that must be a "not very" answer from Randy then. I have wondered the same being an older lesbian interested in tiny home community living. I like Acony Bell in North Carolina as it seems to show diversity.

• @jonpoulda3362

@@kmwrites7456 Yeah, I thought the same. I attempted to email about a year ago and then sent follow-up emails, with zero response. I was either ignored because they aren’t, or they’re incredibly lax when it comes to customer service. Either one of those things, to me, is a red flag.

• @anonymous-ir3tf
      @anonymous-ir3tf 11 месяцев назад

No state in the country has passed more anti-LGBTQ+ laws in the past 5 years than Tennessee. They recently passed a law banning drag shows. Cocke County, where ITH communities are located, gave trump 70% of the vote in 2020, and is one of the reddest, most reactionary counties in the state. Your neighbors, the people with whom you interact with every day, at the pharmacy, restaurant, supermarket, schools, post office, will not be welcoming to LGBTG+ folks; after all, they're the ones who voted for the people who've passed the anti-gay laws, so it stands to reason that they will be anti-gay. As for ITH itself, in a recent video featuring ITH employees, an employee openly used a gesture mocking gay men. Everybody just laughed if off. I found it to be disgusting and offensive. And let's not even get into TN's anti-choice laws that prevent a woman from controlling her own body. Rephrasing your question: How unwelcoming is this community to LGBTG+ people? Very. Of course many people will be drawn to it for the same reasons that would keep me and others away.