Kai looks at Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 авг 2024
  • Buy now:
    cvp.com/produc...
    The CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is a new compact Cinema EOS lens with cine-servo functionality. This sits below cine-servo lenses and above EF lenses.
    The ergonomic design supports handheld shooting and is ideal for shooting documentaries, interviews, weddings, indie movies and corporate videos.
    ------------------------------------------------
    For great products and fantastic service visit us at cvp.com
    Subscribe to our channel:
    ruclips.net/user/c...
    Download our apps:
    iPhone:
    itunes.apple.c...
    Android:
    play.google.co...
    Follow us on:
    / cvptv
    / cvpgroup
    / cvpgroup
    ---------------
    Kit list:
    cvp.com/profil...

Комментарии • 62

• @zguy95135
    @zguy95135 6 лет назад +20

It's so weird to me seeing how all this has evolved. We had professional camera rigs, to DSLR with video, to DSLR with video and a ton of doodads attached, DSLR in a huge rig, and now cine type cameras with ENG lenses. We have almost come full circle!

• @coffeehigh420
      @coffeehigh420 5 лет назад +3

yeh i agree its very interesting... still miss the old days of 2/3 inch 3 ccd normal sized shoulder video cameras

• @matthewelton7393
      @matthewelton7393 4 года назад +3

Professional cinema cameras have Ben out there all along. Star Wars Episode II was shot in 1080p on a Varicam 2/3” ENG camera back in 2002. The only reason people ever used consumer DSLRs with jerryrigged doodads is because they couldn’t afford the professional camera systems. Now the prices have come down, making professional gear more accessible, so people are ditching the DSLRs. It’s about time.

• @GiTxSHuM
    @GiTxSHuM 6 лет назад +4

That zoom and quick pan or whip reminds me of some amazing 80s and 90s films. Best Cinematography ;)

• @mika2666
    @mika2666 4 года назад +2

If they make a T3 with a slightly shorter zoom range this would do well

• @questionmark6204
    @questionmark6204 6 лет назад +1

Love your style Kai

• @bicycleninja1685
    @bicycleninja1685 4 года назад +3

This will look hilarious on the GH5.

• @trevorpinnocky
    @trevorpinnocky 6 лет назад +9

It'd be a slam dunk at 2.8, but 4.4? The bokeh is nice but forget about low light.

• @AlanJMash
      @AlanJMash 6 лет назад +1

The C300 MK II is so good in low light it doesn't matter.

• @UnratedAwesomeness
      @UnratedAwesomeness 6 лет назад +1

No, I wouldn’t say the c300 is that great that a 4.4 lens can be used in lowlight. However I don’t think that’s the intended use. Shooting an event, news, documentary, is so easy with this lens. Autofocus and power zoom options? Parfocal too! Not much comes close to the utility of this glass

• @AlanJMash
      @AlanJMash 6 лет назад +1

Yep very true, except the no to the C300 MKII. Lol. I have one so I know how killer it is in low light with no noise. Not A7SII good, but good.

• @UnratedAwesomeness
      @UnratedAwesomeness 6 лет назад

Don't make me drool. Even as a new C100mkii owner that C300mkii still gets me going haha

• @banemitic
      @banemitic 6 лет назад +1

You know someone doesn't know what he is talking about, when he is mixing up "f" aperture (2.8) and "T" aperture (4.4).

• @h.y.3457
    @h.y.3457 6 лет назад +1

I see Kai, I like

• @sergeantcrow
    @sergeantcrow 6 лет назад +1

Ha ! Just clicked this as I hooked up an old DVD Canon HR10 bought extremely cheap off eBay and then see Kai with a real Canon Video recorder..
    The HR10 is to be for close up overhead angle complimenting the angle taken with my D5100 for RUclips video.. What I am happy about, and want to share with others who need an extra video recorder cheap is.. and bear in mind I know DVD camcorder would not be first choice due to dealing with discs, is that I was surprised that I was able to import from HR10 with Sony vegas and export rendered without finalising DVD RW ..

• @Monkeyshex
    @Monkeyshex 6 лет назад +1

hey CVP, how do you deal with the crazy noise from sigma when it autofocuses?

• @CVPTV
      @CVPTV  6 лет назад

Which camera & lens combination? Jake

• @Monkeyshex
      @Monkeyshex 6 лет назад

c300 mark ii & sigma 18-35 f1.8

• @matthewelton7393
      @matthewelton7393 4 года назад

You deal with it by selling your crappy Sigma lenses and buying a professional cinema zoom lens like the one in this video.

• @cressandrathibodeaux4540
    @cressandrathibodeaux4540 5 лет назад

Do you prefer the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon EF?

• @CVPTV
      @CVPTV  5 лет назад

Very different lenses tbh. What kind of work do you do?

• @PYROCAFE
    @PYROCAFE 6 лет назад

I cant decide if i want to buy this lense Or the lwz3 for my c200

• @CVPTV
      @CVPTV  6 лет назад

What kind of work do you do? Jake

• @PYROCAFE
      @PYROCAFE 6 лет назад

@@CVPTV I do all Kinds of work, but the lense Would be Mostly used as run and gun lense for documentary work

• @lazyeight01
    @lazyeight01 3 года назад

Hmmm... I think I like this guy

• @cuboirs
    @cuboirs 2 года назад

Can this lense be used on a C70? Will it work with the booster?

• @CVPTV
      @CVPTV  2 года назад

Yes it will work on c70 but not with a focal reducer or speed booster as the 18-80 is a s35 image circle. Jake

• @rollingtroll
    @rollingtroll 6 лет назад +2

What's the difference between f and T for Aperture?

• @TonyMacina
      @TonyMacina 6 лет назад +11

f/number is based on the aperture at the front of the lens. Useful for information on depth of field, brightness and photography work but not precise enough for serious movie cinematography where multiple cameras and setups can be used for what is meant to be a continuous scene. T/ is the transmission of light that comes through the lens and hits the sensor. Better lenses will have very little gap between the f/number and t/number. Kai's (and my) Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 is a t/1.9 and can be bought in a specific cinema style with manual aperture and geared rings for follow focus units. It takes the price from £650 up to £3,000 though! To check the difference in f/number to transmission you can look at scores on DxOmark.

• @Amerifilms
      @Amerifilms 6 лет назад

They all calcutale the amount of light that goes into the lens. F is an estimate, T is precise, absolute. Cinelenses use T and are expensive.

• @mikeeeeyway
    @mikeeeeyway 6 лет назад

Kai, could you compare this lens with any Canon B4 broadcasting lens?

• @SparkFosterFilms
      @SparkFosterFilms 5 лет назад

The CN-E series is designed for the Super35mm sensors on Canon cinema cameras (C100, C200, C300, C500, C700). The B4 lenses are designed for the smaller 4/3" sensors on ENG cameras. The CN-E lenses are higher quality because they are designed to resolve 4K resolution for digital film production. The B4 lenses are designed for HDTV so they only "need" to resolve 1080p (in reality they resolve more than that, but they are not designed for 4K production). However one advantage of the B4 lenses is the longer zoom range. The lens Kai is reviewing in this video is amazing in its image quality, but 18-80mm isn't a very long zoom range compared to some of the B4 lenses which can have 20x zoom in some cases. All in all though, I would definitely go with this lens over any B4 lens. This is one of the highest quality zoom lenses on the market right now.

• @markurban9113
      @markurban9113 5 лет назад

​@@SparkFosterFilms B4 are not for 4/3" but 2/3" (1/3" or 1/2"), otherwise you are correct. These lenses are for television purposes, mainly run and gun or EFP environment, zoom ratios go up to 122x (which cost as much as a smallhouse), 4K variants are also already on the market starting at maybe 15 000 USD.

• @SportFlow
      @SportFlow 4 года назад +3

@@SparkFosterFilms I mostly agree, but I would like to point out some thins. B4 lenses are typically for 2/3" sensors, not 4/3". There are SD, HD and 4k oriented B4 lenses although there aren't many 4k 2/3" sensor cameras due to the limitations of sensitivity and dynamic range of such small sensors. This lens is way way below any broadcast B4 lens in terms of build quality, servo motors, etc. The servo zoom has fewer speed intervals, no extender, and high f-stop. B4 typically have f1.8 throught the range which is impressive and you can do crawl zoom at an insane slow speed and zoom way faster that this canon lens can. Nice try Canon though. I would say that in terms of lenses, B4 is still the king, at least in the broadcast world.

• @RDXTech
    @RDXTech 6 лет назад +2

So Kai Got a New Job?!

• @macalby
      @macalby 6 лет назад

He's been doing this for months g

• @buckbug298
    @buckbug298 6 лет назад

So if you use the sigma 18-35 on the C300, do you just use it on 35mm?

• @philscanlan7321
      @philscanlan7321 6 лет назад +1

It cover's the C300ii sensor completely at all focal lengths, so go nuts.

• @dimanKu
    @dimanKu 6 лет назад

still waiting for lens like this for panasonic gh

• @Cre8tvMedia
      @Cre8tvMedia 6 лет назад

?... can't one just use the Metabones Speedbooster XL 0.64x on this ef mount and you're good to go with the GH4/5?

• @dimanKu
      @dimanKu 6 лет назад

Steve Gibbs m43 system deserve a dedicated professional power zoom lens, for size and control advantage

• @Cre8tvMedia
      @Cre8tvMedia 6 лет назад

diman Ku .... thanks for response but I’m not sure what you are specifically pointing out? I have a power source that would power the servo zoom of the lens via 12 pin hirose connection. My question is can this ef lens be used on the GH4? and can it be used with a metabones speedbooster XL 0.64x adapter?

• @dimanKu
      @dimanKu 6 лет назад

well you need extra power source and cables and adapter to make this work with GH4/5, all and all ends a large package. What I meant is solution like sony 18-110mm with E mount camera, a lens and a body that's it.

• @AlexBloggFilm
    @AlexBloggFilm 6 лет назад +21

These new videos from Kai are a little rough around the edges. I get you want some quick and dirty vlogs CVP, but your selling video gear ffs it should a least be filmed well if you want people to drop £4.6k on a lens.
    I mean, Kai just tested the focus breathing on the lens handheld, what is going on?!?

• @DeWayneDrumgole
    @DeWayneDrumgole 3 года назад

Can the rocker be switched to the other side for lefties?

• @CVPTV
      @CVPTV  3 года назад

Unfortunately not. Jake

• @101jumpit
    @101jumpit 6 лет назад

OK if you can afford it !

• @franciscodania
    @franciscodania 6 лет назад +1

you went from bokeholic to bokeh pervert #lol

• @tarquin8270
    @tarquin8270 6 лет назад

just buy a normal £2000 video camera with a zoom lens and shoot in 4k , long as you know about proper exposure , image will be more or less the same

• @stevecooksley
      @stevecooksley 4 года назад

Yeah, bish bash bosh job done. What's that? You wanted it in RAW?

• @Fludded
    @Fludded 5 лет назад +1

Do not call it 'glass'... we hate people using the term 'glass' for lenses. I mean, really.

• @jackli0908
    @jackli0908 6 лет назад +1

Kai,you are absolutely like an asian.
    Do you agree?

• @fotonoticiero
    @fotonoticiero 4 года назад

Worst review I've seen for this lens, no decent test image and nothing to show for skin tones.

• @vanzetti7
      @vanzetti7 3 года назад

It's because he doesn't know how to shoot anything decent.

• @b3naqua
    @b3naqua 6 лет назад +1

firrrssssttttt 🤣💦