Street Photography in Indonesia with the Fuji X-T5

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 13 окт 2023
  • This is the first time I've been back to Indonesia in seven years...
    Try Squarespace for free today and use the code "FAIZAL" & get 10% off your first purchase: www.squarespace.com/faizal
    X-T5: geni.us/bdTAcQ
    27mm lens: geni.us/T9iVTY
    18-50mm lens: geni.us/8KeiZ
    GoPro: geni.us/skvfhd
    Camera Guides: faizalwestcott.com/store/guides
    Presets: faizalwestcott.com/store
    Video Camera: geni.us/d7c4gJ
    Video Zoom Lens: geni.us/VB8M
    Video Wide Lens: geni.us/WmaOD89
    Magnetic ND Filter: urth-partnership-program-crea...
    Leica M to Fujifilm Adapter: urth-partnership-program-crea...
    Studio Mic: geni.us/qCYcRNk
    Outdoor Mic: geni.us/iUYtt
    GoPro: geni.us/skvfhd
    GoPro Chest Mount: geni.us/BulibBA
    Best Video Light: bit.ly/441zYkE
    Favorite Camera Strap: bit.ly/3FbUswE
    Favorite Camera Bag: bit.ly/3VfTEga
    Backpack: bit.ly/475KKZo
    Everything Else: faizalwestcott.com/gear-kit
    The above links are affiliate links meaning at no additional cost to you I will receive some compensation if you purchase through them. I appreciate your support if you do!
  • ХоббиХобби

Комментарии • 156

• @martycavassa
    @martycavassa 8 месяцев назад +71

Gorgeous work, Faizal. Indonesia presents such amazing photography opportunities unlike most other places on earth. While it's very common to see RUclipsrs put up photos of Balinese temples and beaches, mountain-side tea and coffee plantations, volcanoes, etc. (the "Influencer Checklist"), it's very rare that someone takes the time to explore the backstreets and markets of a city like Yogyakarta. It's places like those that are the real magic of Indonesia, and you've captured it so beautifully. Also, your heritage has been a bit of a curiosity for me since finding your channel several years ago. I lived in Indonesia for over 10 years (the entirety of the 90s), and have been married to my wife of 31 years who's also from central Java. Your facial features have always reminded me so much of our 2 sons (who I imagine are somewhere around your age). And now I know why. 😊

• @rosaconcreto
      @rosaconcreto 8 месяцев назад +2

I was expecting the "influencer checklist" then ended up choked up by the first minute. 🥺

• @alhOOO2O
      @alhOOO2O 8 месяцев назад +2

Indonesia presents such amazing photography opportunities "unlike most other places on earth" - what are you talking about

• @alexandrevilleneuve1408
    @alexandrevilleneuve1408 8 месяцев назад +19

Faizal, you are so incredibly talented at story telling and photography. It's such a pleasure to watch your content.

• @youphototube
    @youphototube 7 месяцев назад +3

I'm from the UK but love Indonesia and have visited several times. Sulawesi, Borneo Kalimantan, Flores, Bali and more.
    When in Bali recently I shot a lot of street and tried to avoid the Instagram spots where people were more interested in trying to photograph themselves rather than the beauty of what was in front of them. I ended up with a bunch of street and landscape photography I was really happy with. Beautiful people and many faceted, fascinating and varied country.
    I was shooting Ricoh GRiiix and Nikon Z7.

• @NotAnotherChannel_Channel
    @NotAnotherChannel_Channel 8 месяцев назад +12

Brilliant work. I am an adopted Indonesian, and by that I mean my best friend from college is from Indonesia and I married an Indonesian woman who had moved to America in primary school. We ended up working as expats in Jakarta for several years. I absolutely love Indonesia, the people, the food, the environment, the islands. We have family there and travel back when we can. Your shots really take me back. We loved Jogja. Peace.

• @patrickmorgan5210
    @patrickmorgan5210 8 месяцев назад +2

What a beautiful video. A week before the world shut down in March 2020, I was fortunate enough to spend two weeks in the Yogyakarta area and will never forget the people, landscape, food, sounds, smells, and deep history. Thanks for taking me back with this video.

• @nurulhikmah9293
    @nurulhikmah9293 7 месяцев назад +3

Being born and raised in Yogyakarta is a wholesome feeling. I felt like living here surrounded by the atmosphere (it is different from another city)The people, place, and weather are just enough for me. Hope you enjoy the trip!

• @anantamulyono6121
    @anantamulyono6121 8 месяцев назад +5

The last time I was in Indonesia it turned into a family visit (as it always does). Good to see it from a new perspective. Makes me want to go back

• @arufactor
    @arufactor 8 месяцев назад +1

Thank you for giving us an insight into your personal life, Faizal. Have always loved your work and foun this video very comforting! ❤

• @cohoonatube
    @cohoonatube 8 месяцев назад

Loved this! The ambient music accentuated the emotive B&W textures and perspectives... you have a wonderful eye.

• @alva.i
    @alva.i 8 месяцев назад

Finally, I’ve been waiting for this video for such a long time, thanks for uploading this, such a beautiful pov from you 🙌🏻✌🏻

• @renonagasan
    @renonagasan 8 месяцев назад +1

Ugh finally faizal is back!!! As always, great job with this video Faizal!

• @izzatIHH55
    @izzatIHH55 8 месяцев назад

Been waiting for this video! Was mesmerised by your photos in Instagram

• @malfuaditya
    @malfuaditya 8 месяцев назад

Thank you so much, Faizal! Been waiting for this 🤍

• @Tony16610
    @Tony16610 8 месяцев назад +2

Great video man! I spent some time in Jakarta as well over two years as a teen while my dad was working there and loved it. What I remember the most is that Indonesia was the first Muslim majority country I had ever spent an extended time in so it was really great experiencing all the different cultural norms and but learning how similar we are from the locals. On a side note, I really love that Wotancraft Pilot messenger, would you ever do a longer video on it? I tend to travel with one large duffle or backpack at around 40L to get into the carry on and have been tempted to see if I could fit my gear in that bag and use it like a little insert when removing the strap- or if I am travelling with a roller and small backpack, how well it would fit empty and squished into luggage.

• @n00bie96
    @n00bie96 8 месяцев назад +2

I currently live far away from home right now. Watching this video has been very calming for me. I would've never guessed that one of my favorite photographers also has roots in my hometown. I think that's really cool. Such a small world.

• @sbhati513
    @sbhati513 5 месяцев назад +9

This is something that worries me about street photography though: if we are uncomfortable with publicly sharing photos of our family going about their business, what is the ethics of taking photos of random strangers and putting them online? I am not trying to be critical. I love your photos. This is a dilemma that constantly runs through my own mind when I try to engage in street photography. I wonder what your perspective on this is?

• @danieljames19
      @danieljames19 4 месяца назад

If it challenges your ethics then you certainly should listen to your intuition. I’d recommend still going about street photography, but respecting people’s anonymity. Try taking photos from behind, obscuring their face with something, silhouettes, etc. I personally think constraints are where true innovation and creativity come from and should be embraced 😊

• @jasonpohlig_photo
    @jasonpohlig_photo 8 месяцев назад

This is fantastic!! Great work Faizal.

• @jannengelken6017
    @jannengelken6017 8 месяцев назад

Wow .... Thank you, Faizal, for sharing such personal and emotional experience. It was truly touching ...

• @declandebarra
    @declandebarra 8 месяцев назад

Truly gorgeous. Great feel to these shots.

• @martincomeaux6949
    @martincomeaux6949 8 месяцев назад

I enjoy your videos. Thanks for taking us along.

• @WahidFayumzadah
    @WahidFayumzadah 8 месяцев назад

I spent 2 months this year on Indonesia, of which like 9 days in Jakarta. Did a bunch of photography at night there in the small and dark alleys, also made a YT video about it. Had really a great time and the people were so kind and interested.
    I enjoyed this video!

• @yamirizuki
    @yamirizuki 8 месяцев назад +1

Just yesterday I've been in Malioboro taking pictures, albeit at night. Great video, I always wondering how your photography style in Indonesia would looks like, and I was happy after you finally made the video.

• @thissidetowardscreen4553
    @thissidetowardscreen4553 8 месяцев назад

Wonderful video and amazing street shots! Thanks for sharing your journey!

• @tegarwidodo5293
    @tegarwidodo5293 8 месяцев назад

Finally!! That i was waiting for, the great video and also photos is so amazing, if you coming again to indonesia i hope i can meet you faizal, best regrads from indonesia🖤

• @iAmShakka
    @iAmShakka 5 месяцев назад

Beautiful work. Tokyo is everything. Enjoy every second man ❤️

• @Earthluck
    @Earthluck 7 месяцев назад

You’re a great inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your talent and opinions

• @joelp2419
    @joelp2419 4 месяца назад

Emotional trip, I can feel it. I enjoy your videos for quite some time Faizal, but this is one is special. I went to Indonesia long time ago, for both work and leasure, always loved it. At the time I was shooting films and I feel like it was appropriate although I had no other choice by then. But if I were to return there, I may choose to shoot films again. Great to follow you, as always !

• @muhammaddicka4102
    @muhammaddicka4102 8 месяцев назад

Hi Faizal, i'm Indonesian street photographer and i have following your channel since 3 years ago. I'm so glad you're visiting my country and i will accompany you if you want to see Indonesia deeply, especially Jakarta. Cheers✌

• @VickyAllum
    @VickyAllum 8 месяцев назад

Loved watching this video of life in Indonesia ,Interesting and well put together photography of the markets

• @wildanfjr
    @wildanfjr 8 месяцев назад +4

Semoga bisa meet n greet sharing² pengalaman di Indonesia 😊❤

• @Maria_Sok
    @Maria_Sok 8 месяцев назад

I love your view of the world so mutch! Thank you for sharing it!

• @jamesseanbennett3928
    @jamesseanbennett3928 8 месяцев назад

Great video Faizal. I had the opportunity to visit Jogja recently and loved this video. My first shots were on Malioboro where your video started; loved the energy there both day and in the evening. Great flashbacks. Bagus bagus!

• @askargaming3930
    @askargaming3930 8 месяцев назад

Thank you faizal for visiting indonesia and I hope u comeback to indonesia again

• @eska___
    @eska___ 8 месяцев назад

Sensory overload indeed! Love your work man, much love from Indo! 🇮🇩

• @MrMoJoHoBO
    @MrMoJoHoBO 8 месяцев назад

Earned a sub with this one! I really vibe with your style and everything is beautifully edited and shot. I have a one way to Thailand in a few weeks and I’m so jazzed to get over to Asia and make some photos.

• @mohamadjustine2443
    @mohamadjustine2443 8 месяцев назад

selamat datang kemabli faizal, it was a great story and experince u got. cool and heartwarming as always !! Terima kasih

• @yussuftanbour4301
    @yussuftanbour4301 8 месяцев назад

i cant stop watching your art it's so beautiful, keep it up king❤

• @NikkiNoodles
    @NikkiNoodles 8 месяцев назад

Loved seeing your photos from your point of view. You had some dope shots.

• @indrartobimoariotejo3449
    @indrartobimoariotejo3449 8 месяцев назад

Love your perspective!

• @josreist
    @josreist 8 месяцев назад

Great video! Makes me want to travel there.

• @Passingmomentsvideo
    @Passingmomentsvideo 8 месяцев назад

Beautiful work!

• @LaurensiusAdiKun
    @LaurensiusAdiKun 8 месяцев назад

As an Indonesian and long time follower, I'm secretly waiting for this for a long time!

• @younesbadi987
    @younesbadi987 8 месяцев назад

watching this from indonesia while trying to figure what to shoot with my xt5...such a coincidence! thanks for the inspiration.

• @ravinepz
    @ravinepz 7 месяцев назад

Absolutely amazing and beautiful ❤

• @TedPartrick
    @TedPartrick 8 месяцев назад +1

I particularly like the style of this video in the street experience. I like to see the overall scene in the video and then see how you've composed the image in your still photos. One photo that struck me was the worn, blue mosaic floor you found; I didn't like the video scene, but the floor opened my eyes to seeing the possibility you found.

• @wilfs1196
    @wilfs1196 8 месяцев назад

Great video & story, Faisal !

• @tegarsatriayudha
    @tegarsatriayudha 8 месяцев назад

I'm glad we could meet at Malioboro back then. Still couldn't believe i can say thanks to you in person!

• @vide5033
    @vide5033 8 месяцев назад +3

0:25 concerned look on his face even as a kid

• @keenanw.s6505
    @keenanw.s6505 8 месяцев назад +2

Cool work man as an indonesian street photographer love how the way you navigate through the chaos of our streets 😂

• @thebiblioholic
    @thebiblioholic 8 месяцев назад

Very nice. I lived in Indonesia for five years as a child. It has been a very long time since I've gone back.

• @garypentecost833
    @garypentecost833 8 месяцев назад

Great story telling , love your work 👌

• @travelwithgary_
    @travelwithgary_ 8 месяцев назад +1

Hi faizal !
    I love your work and a big fan from indonesia
    Greetings from bali

• @TheUrbandilema
    @TheUrbandilema 8 месяцев назад

Thanks for this video.awesome for the sharing of your history..I agree with the privacy especially on the internet.great pov and Indonesia is an awesome paradise especially for street photography..have a bless day sir❤

• @emilianomarquez1629
    @emilianomarquez1629 8 месяцев назад

Simply inspiring, come to Mexico! I'll take you to an awesome, ancient place!

• @ernestthomas9406
    @ernestthomas9406 8 месяцев назад

glad you shared this video !

• @agungalifp
    @agungalifp 8 месяцев назад

Sudah lama menunggu, great video and photos!

• @theraidplacenta
    @theraidplacenta 8 месяцев назад

even you photo a bucket on a food stall feels different, i see it everyday and see nothing special on it, but through your video then i can understand which perspective we need to take as a photographer, thanks Faizal

• @Photobuffeddy_AGS
    @Photobuffeddy_AGS 8 месяцев назад +1

stunning work @ Frizel ‘ 😢😊 i understand the moments tell the story, but the asmr images • Of your personal story/ life.

• @Atomicgherkin
    @Atomicgherkin 8 месяцев назад

As an owner of an X-T1 seeing how the 27mm looks on your 5 makes me want to buy one now.

• @murlidhr
    @murlidhr 8 месяцев назад

If possible then please do come to India as well. would love to come along with you for all the photowalks that you do here. i am sure i can learn a bit from you. love how you see the light and use it.

• @inmaldaud
    @inmaldaud 8 месяцев назад

Love from Indonesia

• @snapsbyron3463
    @snapsbyron3463 8 месяцев назад

Its awesome to see youre in South East Asia particularly in Indonesia, So youre an Indo were brothers, Nice to see Indonesia in your video, indonesia looks very similar to Philippines and its amazing! I love this video Man!!! Because the mood the ambience is very familiar i can relate... more vids like this please!!

• @steveborghardt
    @steveborghardt 7 месяцев назад

Very cool video - reminds me of the time I spent in Manila.

• @sauliam8Tj
    @sauliam8Tj 8 месяцев назад +1

Hi.. I'm following you for these 2 years. I'm from Indonesia and I love your channel . So you're really has a real Indonesian name?. I thought it was so coincidence in the beginning for someone has a name like that 😂. So you're really here. Cheers man.

• @danewetton
    @danewetton 8 месяцев назад

Amazing work brother

• @robbifirman
    @robbifirman 8 месяцев назад

The BW photos always convey depth and emotion. I hope can met you when you go to Bali next time and do a photo walks 👍

• @govindarumi
    @govindarumi 8 месяцев назад

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

• @Pateandoaceras
    @Pateandoaceras 8 месяцев назад

Excelent Faizal👏👏

• @teedeww5049
    @teedeww5049 8 месяцев назад

Omg great work Faizal! Love from my country Indonesia ❤❤ keep it up 👌
    Also did not know you have that indonesian blood in you 😅 proud of you

• @vennonetes4805
    @vennonetes4805 8 месяцев назад

Wow! At 3:36 I had a feeling of déja-vu thinking "well, that looks like the centre of Jogja" - a fresh memory since I visited in June with my girlfriend to visit Borobudur, Mendut and Prambanan - and, voilà, at 3:40 it's revealed that it's indeed that! It's a shame that I didn't walk around Malioboro much - spent more time inside the City Mall to help with shopping haha - but I'll never forget the shots of the Kraton's white gates and walls taken from the taxi. Damn, what a beautiful city and it's so nice to relive the memories through this video.

• @gmmigge
    @gmmigge 8 месяцев назад

I love it, so much feel in your images!
    How would you compare shooting with the 27mm pancake on the X-T5 body compared to shooting with the X100V? In this type of outdoors street photography in the middle of the day I figured that it shouldn't be too different, despite the improved sensor. And while I haven't checked it out I still figure that the quality of that pancake should be roughly the same as the one on the X100V, just the little longer focal length.
    Reason I am asking is that I will probably be purchasing the X-T5 to complement the X100V and would be interesting to hear about the differences in these street photography situations with the pancake lens!

• @matthewwatt3650
    @matthewwatt3650 8 месяцев назад

Love it mate! Did you use a certain preset pack on these shots or took some from all your packs? Cheers mate Matt

• @masmasmasak6817
    @masmasmasak6817 8 месяцев назад

Sayur awesome! 🔥

• @NkEDITeHD
    @NkEDITeHD 7 месяцев назад

Fabulous !!!!

• @rizkiadtyam
    @rizkiadtyam 8 месяцев назад

See you next time in Indonesia, Hopefully can meet you someday in person 🇮🇩

• @iraklikordzaia
    @iraklikordzaia 8 месяцев назад

Dear Faizal, thank you for the wonderful video. Please tell me, which lenses work best with the 40 megapixel X-T5 matrix? Thank you ❤

• @mrsyd258
    @mrsyd258 8 месяцев назад

beautiful

• @adetXfoto
    @adetXfoto 8 месяцев назад

welcome to my country man !

• @KillerTacos54
    @KillerTacos54 8 месяцев назад

Amazing!

• @RamaDanial
    @RamaDanial 8 месяцев назад

Im from Indonesian, this video had an international impression when it was presented by Faizal

• @neuhan
    @neuhan 8 месяцев назад

akhirnya nyekrik ke indonesia

• @snapsbyfox
    @snapsbyfox 8 месяцев назад

• @Picashot
    @Picashot 8 месяцев назад

Inspiring Faizal. I hope to make one myself... :)

• @LucKerklaan
    @LucKerklaan 8 месяцев назад

Great video

• @guruarie19
    @guruarie19 8 месяцев назад

Hi faizal im your subscriber from jogja, welcome home brother..

• @hallo.angga14
    @hallo.angga14 8 месяцев назад

mantep pisan a 🔥

• @canxel11
    @canxel11 8 месяцев назад

these videos are such a vibe. I'm gonna start photography, I can't afford a camera but I'm gonna start with my phone

• @tonikurniawan588
    @tonikurniawan588 8 месяцев назад

wellcome to my country..

• @rofi3930
    @rofi3930 7 месяцев назад +1

wait what you was in yogyakarta indonesia?? man ive miss the opportunity to meet you, by the way your photos never dissappoint me, i hope we can meet one day🔥🔥

• @ALI-st3te
    @ALI-st3te 8 месяцев назад

Great work ! And, could you please consider creating a video color grading tutorial? It would be very helpful. Thanks anyway!

• @Lifebydesignvlogs
    @Lifebydesignvlogs 8 месяцев назад

Getting a XT5 for my daily 🎉

• @naik0562
    @naik0562 7 месяцев назад

Hey man, first of all I want to say that I really liked this video. I like more emotional and less "sterile" approaches to photo- and videography, and what you captured just hit the mark for me. I'm currently in the market for a camera, which apart from my phone and an old crappy camcorder will be my first camera. Currently i'm rather indecisive about whether I should buy the Sony a6700 or the X-T5. I assume to be shooting about 65% photo and and 35% video and want to travel with my kit. I'm already kind of sold on the X-T5's performance and that nice sensor, more and more leaning towards not needing 4k120 that the Sony offers. However I am a bit spooked by online reviews and opinions that tend to label the Fuji's AF as a bit hindering or at least significantly worse than the Sony's. I'm interested in street photography and videography with rather fast moving subjects like cars, busses and pedestrians etc. As a beginner, I would rely heavy on the AF for both photo and video. My question now is: Do you think or even have experienced that the Fuji's AF is sufficient for that. And I don't mean just barely holding up but really working well. I would really appreciate a reply also by other viewers.
    thanks a lot in advance
    Greetings from Germany

• @AdrianGozali
    @AdrianGozali 8 месяцев назад +1

Thanks for visiting Indonesia and explore the beauty of it through your eyes. Majestic and calming outcome, as always. Cheers from Surabaya, Indonesia.

• @IbranorIbrahim
    @IbranorIbrahim 8 месяцев назад

mantapp kang. keren artworknya

• @estebantedesco1348
    @estebantedesco1348 8 месяцев назад

Hey Faizal, what do you think is the best setting for street photography? focal range, shutter speed and iso?
    P.S: I LOVE your videos man!

• @nestorscheller8733
    @nestorscheller8733 8 месяцев назад

Muy buenas fotos

• @williamsaimin
    @williamsaimin 8 месяцев назад

yooooooo crazyyyyy

• @Sampbah
    @Sampbah 6 месяцев назад

It's always great to watch your video. I'm from Indonesia myself. Just wondering, do you speak any Indonesian?

• @albarprastisila457
    @albarprastisila457 8 месяцев назад

semoga bisa mampir lagi bangg next time sharing2 ilmu 😁

• @MalcolmMcLoughlin
    @MalcolmMcLoughlin 8 месяцев назад

Faizal, you are a pure drop in the ocean of noise that is YT.