$1199 Velotric T1 ST vs $1799 Velotric T1

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 19 июн 2024
  • Click link below and then use code Matt60 at checkout to save and extra $60 on either ebike.
    velotricbike.info/3pP6c3V - Velotric T1 ST (cheaper)
    velotricbike.info/44CEnuc - Velotric T1
    My full reviews on each bike:
    • Velotric Thunder 1 ST ... - Velotric T1ST review
    • Velotric Thunder 1 Rev... - Velotric T1 review
    The Velotric T1 ST, also marketed at the Velotric T1ST, is the cheaper of these two electric road bikes, but is it really worth it to buy the Velotric T1 for $600 more? In this video I explain the differences between the Velotric T1 ST and the "longer range" Velotric T1.
    My Personal Favorites:
    ✅ My Favorite Cheap Fat Ebike
    • Velotric NOMAD 1 Revie... - Strong
    ✅ My Favorite Super73 Knock-off's:
    • Super73 DOES NOT Want ... - Big Range
    • Horrible Super73 Copyc... - Fast
    ✅ My Favorite Cheap Commuter Ebike:
    • NEW Velotric Discover ... - Great Value
    ✅ My Favorite Cheap “Torque Sensor” Commuter Ebike:
    • Velotric Thunder 1 ST ... - Light, Approachable
    ✅ My Favorite Cheap All Wheel Drive Fat Ebikes
    • This Dual Motor "38 MP... - Fast
    • The CHEAPEST AWD Ebike... - Great Value
    ✅ My Favorite Ebike for Women (Pink ebike)
    • This $1,799 Commuter E... - Excellent
    ✅ My Favorite “Mid Drive” Commuter Ebike
    • It Ain't Cheap, but th... - Smooth, Strong
    ✅ My Favorite Full Suspension Fat Ebikes:
    • The Only AFFORDABLE Du... - Great Value
    • MagiCycle DEER Review ... - Plush
    ✅ My 70MPH “Ebike”:
    • This 70 MPH ebike is D...
    ✅ My Favorite Folding Ebikes:
    My Electric Tire Inflator:
    amzn.to/3NmfH3v - Life changing 😆⚡️🤙
    My channel offers objective performance based product reviews and I add my affiliate links in this section. If you appreciate the truth and want to help support my work, you can click the links in this description box and if you make a purchase I'll likely earn a commission. If you do decide to support the channel, thank you!

Комментарии • 72

• @AdamasOldblade
    @AdamasOldblade 11 месяцев назад +6

Beware of Velotric. I got my Discover 1 in October of 2022 and it was great… for six months. Started failing all over the place and even under warranty their customer service refused to help.
    Switched to another brand and am so happy.

• @Dwilsonmusic145
    @Dwilsonmusic145 11 месяцев назад +12

A couple weeks ago I picked up the Thunder 1 ST. I was on the fence if I should splurge and get the Regular Thunder 1 but right now for a difference of 500 dollars I couldn’t justify it. The ST doesn’t have the app but that’s totally fine. Having the info there isn’t going to change the way I ride or how I go about my day. Also the range is probably much closer in reality from one bike to the other. I’ve done 20 mile bike rides (Mostly on eco and normal with the exception for some small hills in turbo) and I’ve never gone off of 4 out of 4 bars for battery. It’s also plenty fast enough for the bike trails I take it on. Unlocked mine and it goes to 25 no problem. (The bike doesn’t feel like it hits a brick wall at 25 I just would have to put in a lot more effort to get to 27+. My wife’s Aventon Pace 500.3 feels like you hit a hard limit at 28 so for cruising realistically you’d be at 27ish.) The motor is whisper silent and smooth. The bike being so light weight going anywhere from 15-20 mph cruising is just so effortless you don’t need a throttle at all on this bike tbh. My only complaint is the bike scratches so easy when locking it up at a bike rack. The paint could be much more robust in my opinion and what would that cost in total maybe 50 bucks more? Also the headlight could be a tad brighter but the auto headlight is cool and works well. The simplicity of this bike is what makes it so great! At $1240 with the sale and the $60 off referral promo code there is literally nothing that competes directly with this bike. Other bikes are fixed gear or belt driven with a smaller 250 motor. This bike has the flexibility of riding the streets or gravel roads and trails.
    Over all color me impressed!

• @darlin5167
      @darlin5167 10 месяцев назад +3

I just got the ST for $999! I'm a 5'6" woman and got the small - glad I did! I've only had it a few days but am already really enjoying it! I was able to put it together myself with the help of the videos they provided. It fits on my regular Saris bones bike rack, as it weighs the same as my regular 21-speed bike. I wanted a lighter bike for this reason (the bike rack) and overall manageability for a single person. I get plenty of oomph from the pedal assist without a throttle. I appreciate that it has hydraulic brakes (though its light enough it may not have needed them) and torque sensor. I got a different phone holder (a pouch with a clear cover, so the phone is safe in the rain) and bought a rear view mirror from the same website (Temu) as the phone pouch. It does have Presta valves on the tires so I had to get a bike pump that can accomodate them, as well as a small tire gauge for portability. I find the more you pedal, the more assist you get. So far so good!!

• @six_rabbits
    @six_rabbits 11 месяцев назад +7

I really like the style of your reviews! They have all the important details and are still relaxed and entertaining. Your standard 20% grade test is helpful too. BTW, for the T1's 45 Nm motor to climb that hill, you would need to weigh less than 110 lbs (yeah, me neither). But it should be able to carry your 200 lbs up a 12% grade without slowing down.
    I pick up my T1 ST from a local dealer tomorrow.

• @huttone
    @huttone 6 месяцев назад +3

Your channel has been very informative. Must be nice living is Los Santos! I just ordered the T1ST. Thanks for the coupon code, they gave me your discount in addition to the sale price of 999.00. very nice!

• @poptpil
    @poptpil 11 месяцев назад +2

enjoy these lightweight ebike reviews. keep up the good work!

• @awjake137
    @awjake137 4 месяца назад +2

Love the vid. Unfortunately I ordered the T1just for the gray black color. Just wish the ST came in the same color.

• @jayesh5131
      @jayesh5131 3 месяца назад

T1 have that cool look also the color 😍

• @NickThomspon
    @NickThomspon 26 дней назад

I’ve been looking for a really lightweight bible ebike. Really enjoyed this review, I ended up purchasing one through my local bike shop, but I really appreciate your breakdown on the differences between the models beyond the app! Great content!

• @kbenham7683
    @kbenham7683 9 месяцев назад +1

Good review, covers all you need to know and makes me want to go for a ride. Getting back into riding after retirement and using a 1970's Schwinn Varsity (44 lb) as a reference. An Aventon Soltera looked good but this looks better, if a little more expensive. The RUclips vid on battery replacement looks a little challenging but doable.

• @tobikrutt
    @tobikrutt 3 месяца назад

This was super helpful. I Just did a test ride last week on the Velotric T1 ST and loved writing it and for the past few days I have been researching the differences between the two. At first I was leaning towards the T1, but the differences you pointed out in your video have made me decide that the best bike for us, we're going to buy two of them, is the T1ST.

• @renaissancemaneric8019
    @renaissancemaneric8019 8 месяцев назад

Great to see side by side like this.

• @Marvin-fn7ks
    @Marvin-fn7ks 6 месяцев назад +1

thanks for this comparison. I will definitely consider one of these. I would like to ride them before I made a decision

• @buffalomind6838
    @buffalomind6838 11 месяцев назад

Thank you for the comparison. This was very detailed. I too would choose the ST as it’s more comfortable, and provides the same speed.

• @kosi5
    @kosi5 11 месяцев назад

Just ordered the ST last night with your code MATT60. Thanks for the discount and reviews! I truly appreciate the time you put into these. Can’t wait till my bike is delivered in a week!

• @wookiesebikesxxl
    @wookiesebikesxxl 11 месяцев назад +1

Another very well put together video with awesome Info. Thank you for all the work you put in on your videos.

• @TailHappyTV
      @TailHappyTV  11 месяцев назад +3

it's a small and niche audience cross shopping these two bikes, but I also know it's difficult to understand the differences watching a single review of either bike or looking at the spec sheets on their website and the point of this channel is to deliver good info so everyone can get the right bike for them ⚡️ 🤙 happy riding!

• @wookiesebikesxxl
      @wookiesebikesxxl 11 месяцев назад +2

@@TailHappyTV Your channel has been crucial In my endeavor to find a bike and start my journey. Thank You again.

• @SS-ln3dg
      @SS-ln3dg 11 месяцев назад

Amen! Love this guy

• @russwoodward8251
    @russwoodward8251 9 месяцев назад

That's a Kaws (Brian Donnelly, AKA "KAWS") sculpture at 12:13 to 12:20 or so; entitled "BFF". But yes, a great bike review. Thanks again. These Velotrics are very elegant and clean in appearance.

• @cooldadyo
    @cooldadyo 5 месяцев назад +1

I have the ST and I’m 255 lbs and that thing flies when I pedal! It was such a great feeling to keep up with my cycling group for a 20 mile ride and at the same time get a good workout by turning the bike to a setting that you need ❤❤❤ I love my bike! I was about to buy a Trek FX +2 and this thing destroyed the Trek 😂

• @danhall3450
      @danhall3450 3 месяца назад

Cooldadyo: Thanks for posting the above. I rode a Trek FX+2 & really liked it, especially that fact that it just had 3 PAS. On other Ebikes I have ridden the 1st two PAS seem pointless.
      I have yet to find a ST locally to test ride so I on hold for the time being. Could you elaborate why you feel that ST destroys the FX+2 (the price of the ST is certainly a starting point...) ?

• @jamesgretsch4894
    @jamesgretsch4894 11 месяцев назад +2

I like the frame geometry ST because it looks lower on the top tube. I hate having not much room between the top tube and my crotch. Makes mounting and dismounting easier.

• @SS-ln3dg
    @SS-ln3dg 11 месяцев назад

Very helpful

• @sunshowerpainting1
    @sunshowerpainting1 Месяц назад

I have the T1ST, and it is a great fitness bike. A little speed demon, it is.

• @eahughey
    @eahughey 10 часов назад

Bought the T1 and I wish I had done a little more study. The Bike works well burt the App lets it down. I am discovering that the App issue is not unique to me or my Android phone.
    I challenge to go back and check the App reliability. Too many people are having issues and Velotric is unresponsive with a fix solution. I think the App is doing way more than it should on the phone and continuously loses pairing in with the bike in the middle of a ride session. The GPS continues to work but the telemetry of your ride session is lost when it loses pairing. However the phone stays connected in Bluetooth settings. Do another video on the App reliability. I am willing to bet you had issues with the T1 and the Velotric App but just thought it was a glitch.

• @tomreposts
    @tomreposts 11 месяцев назад

hey! love the channel! im thinking about getting the raev bullet ebike. could you do a review on that! thanks. keep up the good work😊

• @TailHappyTV
      @TailHappyTV  11 месяцев назад

Thanks 🙏 I should be getting there newest model, the GTX, in September

• @tomreposts
      @tomreposts 11 месяцев назад

that would be nice! could you do the bullet too? just the normal one because the other ones are a little bit out of my budget 😅

• @A3Kr0n
    @A3Kr0n 11 месяцев назад

I think cadence sensor bikes should have a slider for the assist levels with 5 detent positions.

• @whaws
    @whaws 11 месяцев назад +4

Was almost dead set on the T1. Being 6’2 and commuting in very hilly areas I’m almost now considering the ST. Seems like it’s a more enjoyable ride. I’ve heard from others that they experience motor surge.

• @Dwilsonmusic145
      @Dwilsonmusic145 11 месяцев назад +2

On occasion there are very brief moments of motor surge like a split second. By no means does it feel like it’s gonna get away from you and send you flying but it’s a little annoying at lower speeds. It seems to always happen when I’m moving the position of my pedals as I turn or something and it thinks I’m trying to start jogging on the bike then quickly shuts off the motor. This event lasts less than a half second literally and has never seemed unsafe to me. I’ve ridden cadence sensors that are WAYYYYYY WORSE.

• @itsesmir6218
      @itsesmir6218 11 месяцев назад +4

The surge is like 1-2 sec, and nothing terrible. I had the ST for a month now and over 200 miles. It's usually after you pedal hard and stop; if you hit the brakes, you will still stop. It's also less common in Eco mode, which I spent 99% of the time on.
      It's a class 1 e-bike; you'll need to put work into it to have fun.

• @bgriffin95125
      @bgriffin95125 10 месяцев назад

@whaws Did you purchase either of the T1 or T1-ST? If the T1-ST how do you find the fit for your height? I’m considering both for the same reason. I like having full leg extension and enough of a reach to the bars to not feel cramped. Perhaps if needed a longer seat post and handlebar stem might customize the fit for the ST at a minimal expense.

• @jade8937
    @jade8937 11 месяцев назад

Can you review the Ridstar Ebike or the HAPPYRUN Ebike?

• @Raven1408
    @Raven1408 11 месяцев назад +1

I got the thunder 1, loving it. There are times I would like a more relaxed riding position though. Also, I don't have apple, so that was a factor. Great video!

• @ianmangham4570
      @ianmangham4570 11 месяцев назад +1

You can always get riser bars for comfort

• @Raven1408
      @Raven1408 11 месяцев назад

@@ianmangham4570 good point. I'll have to look into that

• @stimpy1414
      @stimpy1414 11 месяцев назад +1

There's an Android app for the Thunder 1.

• @Raven1408
      @Raven1408 11 месяцев назад

@@stimpy1414 yup, it works well

• @ashpunting
    @ashpunting 11 месяцев назад +1

I would change the seat and my handlebars anyway I always do to make the bike comfortable for me 😊

• @BRZZ-xw4hd
    @BRZZ-xw4hd 11 месяцев назад

great review thanks man ....peace out

• @warrennickerson1166
    @warrennickerson1166 11 месяцев назад

Great comparison video! I decided on getting one of these largely based on you’re previous videos for these ebikes, and had decided to go with the T1 despite the higher price. BUT then they dropped the price on the ST by another $100 in a flash sale, making the price difference too much for me to ignore for the extra features. So I ordered the ST earlier this week using your discount code and it should arrive this weekend.
    This video makes me think the ST will be a better fit for me. Thanks for these videos!

• @bennguyen1313
    @bennguyen1313 Месяц назад

Sounds like the Velotric T1 ST is the best for casual riders.. the question is, how does it compare against it's cheaper cousin the Velotric Discover 1?
    Any thoughts on other budget ebikes.. BanditBikes UXT / ForeRunner , Aventon Level 2, Soltera.2 , or Gravel Roadster v2?

• @TravelingThruLife
    @TravelingThruLife 2 месяца назад

Just out of curiosity, which product caused that black skid mark on your floor?

• @EdwardBartel
    @EdwardBartel 10 месяцев назад

So, I understand that the Thunder 1 has a 40T chainring while the ST has a 42T. Did you notice a difference between the 2 bikes directly attributable to the difference in that spec? I live in a relatively flat area and was thinking of upgrading my ordered Thunder 1 to a 44T and I thought you might have an opinion of the tradeoffs on that type of modification. TIA!

• @TailHappyTV
      @TailHappyTV  10 месяцев назад +1

I have to admit I’m embarrassed to have missed this difference in my comparison, if there is a different getting the difference is so minimal I didn’t even notice while comparing them side by side

• @999torres
    @999torres 11 месяцев назад

If you ever review the Ristretto 512 e-bikes I swear I’ll be the first to watch

• @craigcampbell3085
    @craigcampbell3085 10 месяцев назад

I’m wanting just a simple inexpensive trail bike for concrete riding mainly on bike trails in the big cities of Texas. What would be your recommendation of an ST with gears vs a Ride1up v2 gravel addition 1 gear?

• @armughanj
    @armughanj 7 месяцев назад

Would the Blue T1 make it to the Hollywood sign? Id love to see that video to see how it handles that distance and the hills.

• @TailHappyTV
      @TailHappyTV  7 месяцев назад

I think it would do it just fine, it is geared properly to climb and the motor is strong enough.

• @georgemendonca9510
    @georgemendonca9510 3 месяца назад

Is the T1 ST Medium too small for a 6'1 male in your opinion?

• @user-iw8ub2gj5m
    @user-iw8ub2gj5m Месяц назад

What do you do with the extra bikes, do you sell them? For less

• @nathlang2314
    @nathlang2314 10 месяцев назад +1

Can you tell about this torque sensor setting how much foot RPM (cadence) when you reach 25MPH. Hopefully you can share that number for us. Thanks.

• @TailHappyTV
      @TailHappyTV  10 месяцев назад

I don’t recall exactly but you can always swap the front big gear to a larger one to reduce your cadence at high speed. This is super cheap and easy to do

• @wookiesebikesxxl
    @wookiesebikesxxl 11 месяцев назад +2

Also do you have a Link to the Lock you use??

• @itsesmir6218
      @itsesmir6218 11 месяцев назад

Looks like Abus folding bike lock. Maybe Granit X model. I use a similar one called FoldyLock Forever.

• @markreynolds6341
    @markreynolds6341 11 месяцев назад

Is there a similar minimalist type ebike but with a larger motor and twist throttle?

• @susanlea7759
      @susanlea7759 10 месяцев назад

By adding a throttle and larger motor you are....no longer minimalist. So the answer is no.

• @bigfatbill5187
    @bigfatbill5187 11 месяцев назад +7

I don’t understand why Velotric hasn’t started selling their bikes in Canada. We can’t buy them here.

• @SilverWatcher.
      @SilverWatcher. 11 месяцев назад +1

😭

• @JudeTheYoutubePoopersubscribe
      @JudeTheYoutubePoopersubscribe 11 месяцев назад

​@@SilverWatcher.The company is dying

• @andrewdishman335
      @andrewdishman335 11 месяцев назад +1

Basically like all E bikes. I researched about 20 brands and there’s only about four of those brands you can get in Canada. So you can try to buy on the US website but you’ll pay a lot for shipping and who knows what the hell you’ll pay in duty.

• @a395205700
      @a395205700 10 месяцев назад

Just pick up at the border, I’ve bought two Velotric already.

• @bigfatbill5187
      @bigfatbill5187 10 месяцев назад

@@a395205700 Great idea. Except I’m an 8 hour drive from the border.

• @TheUbeIceCream
    @TheUbeIceCream 11 месяцев назад

what do you even do with all these e-bikes

• @jasondelarosa5457
    @jasondelarosa5457 10 месяцев назад

I would never lock a bike to a wooden sign that could just be lifted or cut. 2 bikes stolen and luckily they were cheap regular bikes.

• @DaneMiner
    @DaneMiner 11 месяцев назад

Not sure why you consider it so unlikely one's bike might be stolen...it's basically guaranteed here in Eugene, OR. You basically just make bike harder to steal than those around it, or just never leave it alone : (

• @dennisluz6453
    @dennisluz6453 9 месяцев назад

The red bike a step through? Hardly.

• @JudeTheYoutubePoopersubscribe
    @JudeTheYoutubePoopersubscribe 11 месяцев назад +1

Very nice looking bikes but I don't like torque sensors because you have to keep the amount of effort from yourself high to keep the bike moving fast which isn't the reason I got into ebikes. Cadence is better as you can put however much effort in or even ghost pedal and it still assists at full power.