Quick comparison between an Eastman T59 and a T185

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 11 май 2020
  • James does a quick A/B between the laminated, fully centerblocked T59 model and a carved, small centerblock T185. These examples are serial numbers 12950108 for the red T59 and 16850226 for the T185.
  • ВидеоклипыВидеоклипы

Комментарии • 23

• @AcetateFiend
    @AcetateFiend 2 года назад +6

I have owned a T185 and have demo’d the T59. You did a terrific job of explaining all of the build details for each in a very short amount of time. You covered everything, which few reviewers do. Very nice recorded sound comparison too. I can also speak from experience that the T185 can also handle overdrive and distortion very well. Thanks for the video!

• @jansteinbach2598
    @jansteinbach2598 4 года назад +4

Great playing and tone, and thank you for that comparison ! I was going to buy an Eastman T486, but now I'm considering the T59 and even the T185 as well

• @ForsythsCoUkMusicShop
      @ForsythsCoUkMusicShop  4 года назад +1

You are very welcome! If you have any further questions, please call the instrument department on 0161 834 3281 ext 221

• @jansteinbach2598
      @jansteinbach2598 3 года назад

@@ForsythsCoUkMusicShop Thank you, in fact I ordered one (in classic finish), but as I don't live in UK I could not order from your store (Forsyth Music Shop). Anyway, your video encouraged me to spend quite some money on an obviously wonderful guitar. It should come to me within the next two weeks, eagerly waiting for it. Thank you once again for your video !

• @rolandwiese4193
    @rolandwiese4193 4 года назад +1

thank you - the difference is good to hear

• @gummaumma
    @gummaumma Год назад +1

I came for a comparison between the guitars but i must say your playing amazing

• @sodablower
    @sodablower 2 года назад

Oh that T59 is SO purdy!! 😍
    It's crying out for a Maestro trem (or a Bigsby?) though.

• @freddymclain
    @freddymclain Год назад

nothing like a solid wood guitar

• @Rafael.Figueredo88
    @Rafael.Figueredo88 4 года назад +2

make a video with that black t59 that has a Bigsby =]

• @adamswanson8216
    @adamswanson8216 5 месяцев назад

I have actually been looking around for a guitar like this if you look at the same style guitars in the Gibson CS 336 I believe or 356 there’s a couple of them but they’re actually solid mahogany back sides, flame maple top but I also thought there was a version available with an Adirondack top in this series as well. Either way this looks like the most ideal out of the bunch. Most of what I am doing is strictly jazz. I just am tired of dealing with the floating pick up and all of the headaches and it is so much easier because I play a lot of other modern music to have a guitar that’s going to be more universal like this and I just ordered one a little bit ago so I hope the 185 CSX turns out to be everything I wished for. Thanks for this great demo though truly appreciate your time and the demo. 4:34 4:39 4:42 4:43

• @kamarienedwards1757
      @kamarienedwards1757 2 месяца назад

Was it all you hoped it to be? I’ve been looking at the Eastman t186, t185, t184 and the prs se hollobody ii piezo.

• @TheDennzio
    @TheDennzio 3 года назад

Thanks James!

• @joe2711
    @joe2711 Год назад

what amp are you using?

• @filiricaninseattle7095
    @filiricaninseattle7095 2 года назад +1

Do the G and D strings contact the B and A string posts at the headstock?

• @daviddorrian5349
    @daviddorrian5349 3 года назад

Just a quick one, you say the T185 is a higher end eastman due to one of the facts being it has the lollar imperial pups. From looking at pricing are the lollars really better/ higher end pick up than the Seymour duncans? They're pretty much the same price and based off the same Paf design. What is higher end about the lollars?

• @ForsythsCoUkMusicShop
      @ForsythsCoUkMusicShop  3 года назад +5

Honestly I think it would come down to personal preference in terms of sound - in fact, my own 1960s 335 has SD Seth Lovers in it and I prefer that guitar to most PAF or Pat No 335s I've played, so I'm definitely a fan of them. The Lollars are more of a 'boutique' option in that it's a much smaller company building everything by hand and they're lovely sounding and very refined, but it's probably a little unfair of me to suggest the high end SDs as inferior, just the limitations of trying to fit content into a video when you know everyone's waiting for me to shut up and actually demonstrate the thing!

• @darinluscher478
      @darinluscher478 3 года назад +3

I think the T185 is higher end due to the fact that the top, back and sides are all hand carved wood, as opposed to the T59 being pressed laminate woods. Hand carved is much more labour intensive

• @JimmyRadloff
      @JimmyRadloff 2 года назад +1

I have a T184MX with SD 59"s in it and that guitar plays and sounds really sweet. Super light and as he said, it's a very versatile axe. I swapped out the heavy tuner buttons for some light weight polymer buttons that have a brown mahogany finish that matches the neck and back of the guitar. That reduced the neck dive quite a bit and it looks stellar too. I'll likely never sell that guitar.

• @chrisdunn2176
      @chrisdunn2176 2 года назад

@@darinluscher478 The T59 is more like a traditional Gibson 335.

• @idontwanttousemynameyoutub7538
      @idontwanttousemynameyoutub7538 Год назад

The T185 is an all solid timber instrument whereas the T59 is laminate. Big difference.

• @eskanndochnicht
    @eskanndochnicht Год назад

You may could play the same riff or song in both guitars for a comparison

• @ColocasiaCorm
    @ColocasiaCorm Год назад +1

0:26
    3:08