Why the PASM dial on the Fuji X-H2 is better than the dials on Fuji cameras like the X-T5 and X-T4.

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 8 сен 2024

Комментарии • 231

• @BoorayPerry
    @BoorayPerry  Год назад

➡Instagram - wwwinstagram.com/boorayperry/
    ➡Store - my-store-e02782.creator-spring.com/listing/new-camera-nerd
    ➡Podcast - photobomb.buzzsprout.com/
    ➡Gear - boorayperry.com/boorays-gear/
    ➡Booray Explains - tinyurl.com/3e7w8zjt

• @vgfjr505
    @vgfjr505 5 месяцев назад +5

With the T5 you do have the option of using dials or working with a more modern way. The H2 makes you work one way only. Some people like to have both options. Here is a good example.
    For street photography, dropping the camera down, setting the dials, and shooting from the hip using the LCD flipped upward is probably THE way to shoot many incognito shots. Just saying! This is really where that flipped LCD on the T5 is awesome. It gives you the feel of Vivian Maier twin lens camera.

• @Sleepyboiwonder
      @Sleepyboiwonder 5 месяцев назад

That’s exactly how I use it as well sometimes. So sneaky quick once you get used to it.

• @pabloherman8836
    @pabloherman8836 Год назад +7

Wow. I was honestly about to buy an X-T5 and this changed my mind. I’m going with the X-H2. Thank you! Such a good comparison. Coming from a Canon DSLR, I thought the dials on top would be “fun” but this gave me the pause to think about it from better perspective.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад +1

Try it and see what you like and don't like. The X-t5 is a great camera so you really can't go wrong either way. :)

• @fillflashdetailer8838
    @fillflashdetailer8838 Год назад +27

You're absolutely right -- the single PSAM dial is superior from a functional perspective. However, the multiple dials on the X-T line look a lot cooler.

• @DUCzillaMonster
    @DUCzillaMonster 8 месяцев назад +2

Coming from an Fuji xm1, with the psam dial, moved to the Xt4 three years ago, always shooting on full manual, so no exposure compensation, shutter dial on T, from 15 minutes to 1/8000, and aperture on the lens. So almost never used the beautifull dials, like new they are, probably move to the xh2, because I can't find the good setting in the dark on top of de camera. Thank you for this eye opener!! Your breaking my bank😉

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  8 месяцев назад +1

😂😂 Don't lay that blame on me. I'm just a messenger!

• @BetchelVisuals
    @BetchelVisuals Год назад +5

Thank you! While I love the look of the X-T5, and conceptually love the idea of the x-t5 style of flip down screen for discreet shooting, your video has reminded me of the reality of my need of reading glasses in order to effectively shoot the camera in this way. I use the EVF 90% of the time and ONLY use the LCD when shooting very low or above my head. So the X-H2, with a deeper buffer, beefier grip, and better EVF truly makes more sense.

• @richardOracleDBA
    @richardOracleDBA Год назад +3

I'm glad I stumbled on this video. I was pretty much settled on getting the X-T5, and I thought I understood more or less how it worked. I just had not noticed the shutter dial was only in full stops. I need to re-think now. I may still prefer the X-T5 over the X-H2, but its good to know exactly what I'm getting rather than a surprise. Thanks for the heads-up. I just wish the X-H2 had the screen from the X-T5 🙂

• @BoorayPerry

What I want is a screen that does both. When I am at an event i just want the X-T5 screen. When I am doing portraits and setting up my lights I want the flip-out. :)

• @brunocarvalho9055
    @brunocarvalho9055 Год назад +2

OMG!!! I just learn that we don’t need to use the top dials!! I was about to change my XT4 for a XH2 because of it. Thank you very much hahaha

• @davalvideo
    @davalvideo Год назад +3

As an X-H2 owner, I absolutely love the PASM dial. My colleague who is a photojournalist, prefers the top controls on the XT-5. It's a personal preference, but I believe you made a great case for the PASM dial in terms of its ease of use. Thanks so much.

• @Festvangelist
    @Festvangelist Месяц назад +1

Another killer video. I am getting to the point with eyesight that the EFV, backlit controls, enlarge icons, etc are really important. I cannot understate that. I do not usually use LCD because of glare outdoors. PSAM is so much more efficient especially for change. Style …no doubt tge T-5. I would say try looking at the X S20

• @davidfromdownunder
    @davidfromdownunder Год назад +3

As much as I LOVE the top dials on my xt2 your personal thoughts & input on the XH2 has helped my decision for an upgrade to the XH2 rather than the XT5. Yes I’ll miss slowing down my creative juices process when shooting landscape work but NO WAY will I miss it for professional work (Weddings, Portraits and Event) the ergonomics alone particularly for a 12 hour day whilst shooting a wedding will be a godsend!

• @Hugmir
    @Hugmir Год назад +1

You are the first channel that has finally demonstrated to me THAT the top XH screen is illumin...able, and HOW exactly that simple function operates. So many other reviews don't explain those things at all, probably taking viewer's basic cam knowledge for granted, ugh.
    Many thanks.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

That's funny because it wasn't like I set out to show how that works. I just happened to mention it 😀📷

• @alvinboning6961
    @alvinboning6961 Год назад +2

Thank you ... your analysis of dials versus the PASM dial was a very informative insight that changes my choice for next camera purchase. I love my Nikon Zfc but I won't be buying another such camera now. Thanks again.

• @grafixnetz
    @grafixnetz 4 месяца назад +1

I'm watching this for the third time. I love the way you explain it all.
    My first Fuji was the X-T20. I never really got how to USE the camera. It was a bit daunting at first. Then I got an X-S10 because it had IBIS!
    It was also MUCH easier for me to use. First, the grip fit my hands perfectly. I finally felt secure carrying the camera around with me.
    The second thing was the custom settings that included focus modes. On cameras with a dedicated switch, this can't be set in any custom setting.
    Give me settings I can see in the VF, both in light and in darkness please:) So I'm one who agrees with you 100%.

• @backwoodstrails
    @backwoodstrails Год назад +2

This video is fantastic and helpful. Things have gotten complicated. My Hasselblad cameras had the shutter speed (leaf shutter) and aperture settings on the lens barrel. The film I used was the ISO. No internal meter, used a hand held incident or spot meter.....was all so simple then..... I struggle with these "computers" they call cameras now. Thanks for mentioning the camera looking for middle gray. I am surprised at how many people do not understand how camera light meters (or any reflective light meter) work. Maybe it doesn't matter any more because of the histogram, however it is nice to know how the light meter thinks. Nice to see that I match the demographics of your viewers. Was professional for 30 years, retired before the term "Bokeh" was invented!

• @grafixnetz
    @grafixnetz Год назад +1

This is a GREAT video!!! Thanks from an eyeglass wearing, EV-using 68 year-old:)

• @Poverello2001
    @Poverello2001 Год назад +1

Form is important to me. Two years ago, I switched to Fuji because of the dials and shooting experience. I’m an old geezer, and wanted the experience of shooting like I did back in the old days, and those dials did it for me. Now, I’m more excited to go out and shoot and have a good time.

• @BoorayPerry

You and a million other people. I love the dials too. :)

• @trlerv
    @trlerv Год назад +1

Thank you, a very good comparision. I "wanted" the X-T5, but I´m now realizing that there is a reason why it´s only Fuji that make such design.

• @MuzikaBox
    @MuzikaBox 2 месяца назад +1

I dont have X-T5, but I have Nikon ZFC, which has the same dials on the X-T5, so I can confirm what you point out in the video is very true.
    On my ZFC, I used these dials a lot for the first month, and I did like it. But then as I learn more and more about the camera, now I find myself NEVER touch the ISO and SS dials anymore. These 2 dials are ALWAYS in the C position, and I use the front/back wheels to change my ISO/SS. I even start to question myself:"Am I the only one who find out that the ISO/SS dials should always be in the C position and never be touched again?"
    So now when I have to choose between X-T5 and X-H2, I choose X-H2. The only complain I have about it, is that it's like 100g more than the X-T5, and that's it. X-H2 wins over X-T5 in all other aspects, at least for me.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  2 месяца назад

We love those dials even though we don't use them. :)

• @unusedTV
    @unusedTV Год назад +1

I was intrigued by the top dials but when I looked at my own shooting style I realized a lot of the same points you bring up. The most important one is that when I'm shooting, my eye is practically glued to the EVF. I won't be looking at the top. I'll have my right hand fingers on the command dials, and my left hand on the lens. I would never be able to reach the top dials.

• @Jansartsy
    @Jansartsy Год назад +1

Just FYI, I'm a woman in her early seventies. I started with a Canon Ae-1 and now shoot a Nikon D7500. Someday, when I can justify the expense, I'd love to change to mirrorless. I enjoy your videos very much.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

Thank you! I enjoy your comments very much. :)

• @grafixnetz
    @grafixnetz Год назад +1

I had the x-s10 and later a used x-h1. I used the custom settings on the S10 and my birds-in-flight had everything I needed. Can't do that on the 'vintage' Fuji series cameras. Sure you have custom settings BUT you can't save focus modes, for instance. That must be set manually. On the PASM systems EVERYTHING can be set in the custom settings.)
    I just discovered something else on the X-H2: I shoot with vintage lenses. I had set up C2 with the settings I needed. I also went thru the effort of inputting the various lenses I use including focal length, make and full name. (Not easy to type on the screen but worth it because the info is included in EXIF data). I thought they would be available universally, but they apply only to C2. In every other mode, the list is default meaning it only has lens settings you added in default mode. Great for when you use something like a 12mm 7Artisans lens often.

• @eschrad
    @eschrad Год назад +1

I am a 2+ decade Canon shooter professionally; but 5 years ago, I bought an X-H1 and a few lenses to use as my travel camera and for other personal/hobby shooting. Having started with manual film cameras, I was attracted to the old school top dials… they do give the camera a cool retro vibe. However, I agree that they aren’t actually practical for modern day digital shooting. As a primarily manual exposure shooter, I find the 1-stop shutter speed dial frustrating because I’m used to 1/3 stop adjustments. I know I can get that with the Fuji, but it’s a two-dial process then. I’d rather just set SS using a command dial and have the SS dial be an exposure compensation dial for when I do sometimes shoot in aperture priority mode, rather than using a command dial for that.
    I’ve also encountered another issue recently with a camera primarily designed to establish manual exposure mode by using a ring on the lens to tell it to NOT be in aperture priority mode… I just acquired a Tamron 17-70 that doesn’t have an aperture ring. When I switch between a Fuji lens and the Tamron lens, the camera is confused about aperture. It took me awhile to figure out I had to turn a command dial several clicks one direction to get it to switch into the command dial taking over setting aperture instead of thinking it will be set by a dial on the lens. About the only top dial somewhat still useful to me is the ISO dial… but I’m also accustomed to not having it so I don’t really care. The X-H1 has started to feel to me like some sort of complicated puzzle box that requires turning a bunch of dials in a certain order to get it to do what you want, rather than the simple PSAM dial to know what mode you are in and then 1 command dial for aperture and 1 for shutter speed that you can control in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 stop increments as you prefer in your custom settings.

• @ericlamont4130
    @ericlamont4130 Год назад +1

I had an X-T4, and moved to Sony about a year ago. I’m looking at returning to Fuji, and was going to go X-T5. This video reminded me why I didn’t like the X-T4 as much as I thought I would. I love the aesthetics, but in practical use, I was always just using the control dials instead. The shutter speed dial was especially frustrating in any kind of changing conditions. If I make the return trip to Fuji, it’ll be an X-H2. Thanks!

• @ericlamont4130
      @ericlamont4130 9 месяцев назад

Ugh. Booray. I went with X-T5 afterall, and here I am, 6 months later looking to sell it and buy an X-H2 instead. I shouldve listened to you (and me!)...

• @StewartBairdPhoto
    @StewartBairdPhoto 7 месяцев назад +1

I’ve actually been through the same thought process. Going to XH2 from my XT4 now. Still got that cute X100 for the feel 😎

• @markandannette
    @markandannette 9 месяцев назад +1

Excellent points and you have just helped me make the right decision the XH2 makes for sense for me since I am so used to the PASM dial. The grip is much more substantial as well! Thank you for well thought out points

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  9 месяцев назад

Thanks for watching and thanks for commenting!

• @haeric7
    @haeric7 2 месяца назад +1

Thank you for a very informative video!I have been using T1-T3 and love the dials and aesthetics, however I mostly shoot in aperture mode and don't use the dials. Now I am getting a XH2 for the grip and the viewfinder. I want a light setup as I go hiking, it turns out that the XT5 with gripextender is heavier than the XH2.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  2 месяца назад

That's my problem too. I need the grip extender. :)

• @Tbonyandsteak
    @Tbonyandsteak Год назад +3

Chose the XH2 for the upgrade for the same reason. Since I have reading glasses and uses the camera in different conditions.

• @Eikenhorst
    @Eikenhorst 9 месяцев назад +1

If you look at the camera, no doubt the X-T5 beats the X-H2, it just looks cool. This is it's biggest perk I guess, I totally believe people when they say that shooting with an X-T camera makes taking pictures fun. But it just doesn't make sense from a practical point of view. All the points made in this video are spot on, I could also add that the body and especially the grip on the X-H2 is much better. I also feel that with the X-T camera, you almost must use lenses with an aperture ring

• @chair_smesh
    @chair_smesh 11 месяцев назад +2

Coming from Sony I’m so used to using the custom dials to adjust shutter and aperture without taking my eyes off the screen

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  11 месяцев назад +1

That's the thing about talking about limitations of a camera. People will overcome anything. In the end it's all opinion. 🙂

• @FSharp357
    @FSharp357 8 месяцев назад +1

As a wedding photographer coming from Canon, the XH2 makes more tactile sense, but the landscape photographer in me loves the thought process involved with the dials.

• @pimpthyride
    @pimpthyride 6 месяцев назад +1

I had decided to buy the XT-5 after seeing many comparisons and reviews... until I stumbled upon this video. Now I clearly want the X-H2.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  6 месяцев назад +1

My work here is done. :)

• @pimpthyride
      @pimpthyride 6 месяцев назад +1

@@BoorayPerry LOL. It certainly is. Thanks for such a detailed comparison. Now I just have to justify the X-H2 over the X-S20.

• @JasonFiske
    @JasonFiske Год назад +4

Great video, thank you. I’ve had the Xt1 & Xt3. I’ve loved them. I’m now 53 and my close up vision isn’t great. I can’t read the ISO/SS on the XTs anymore. I am considering going to the Xh2 with the hopes that the bigger readout will allow me to work w/o glasses.

• @anthonymara4533
      @anthonymara4533 Год назад +1

It's a change for sure, but honestly, after a month of shooting the X-H2, I've learned to get along with it. X-T1 was my break in to digital photography, and the X-T3 is where I learned that I had no idea what I was doing. Fun times lol.

• @54Mizery
    @54Mizery Год назад +3

Hello Booray, You have delivered a perfect explaination of the differences between these two cameras and have won another subscriber. Thanks.
    I have been a XT user since the XT1, XT2 and XT3. What I found is, that the way I used those cameras changed or evolved over time (yes I am an eyeglass wearer) and with the XT3 I started using the viewfinder exclusively to control the exposure triangle and chimp the focus and exposure and since then hardly ever bother with the dials. Never having to take the eye off the viewfinder is a fantastic way to shoot.
    I purchased the XH2 a month ago and love it apart from of a couple of silly things that annoy me. The first is the ISO button implementation. Why when you press the ISO button with your eye at the viewfinder is the viewfinder blacked out so you can't see any exposure information other than ISO? You cannot see the influence that changing ISO has on the exposure triangle, cannot see the image or histogram like you can on the XT series. I hope that gets fixed in a future firmware update soon.
    The other issue is autofocus. Fot a camera in almost 2023, it just sucks especially in low light situations and I hope that Fujifilm can fix that soon too.

• @dolfgoog
    @dolfgoog Год назад +3

Thank you so much, this was exactly one of my two biggest things while in the process of choosing T5 or H2.
    My other big thing is tilted vs articulated screen. I have not seen very good video's on that.
    So i really hope (and suggest) you will create a video on that subject. Thank you!
    By the way, I am not your typical viewer, I am only 59 😂😂.

• @noonsound4894
    @noonsound4894 Год назад +1

As so many have said....you're absolutely correct. I've had two xt-2's and one xt-3 and never used the command dials. If you are shooting weddings, portraits etc professionally (in this day and age) you don't have time to be fiddling about with dials that require you to look away from moments that are fleeting.
    Again as you say, the XT line is a great way to teach a new photographer, the way we learnt on old film cameras.
    Love your song references by the way😍

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

Thanks! 😀📷

• @noonsound4894
      @noonsound4894 Год назад

@@BoorayPerry ..just realised I had a typo, contradicting exactly what you/I was saying 😁

• @maxharrower2424
    @maxharrower2424 9 месяцев назад +1

Great video…. I was a Fuji x100v and XT4 user until a few days ago. I started with Fuji with an x100v and at the time also had a Canon EOS setup. After getting the x100v I used it almost exclusively for a month before taking my Canon to get photos at my daughter’s showjumping event….. I had obviously rewired my brain to the x100v so using the canon for the first time in a month I found myself hunting for settings and missed some crucial shots!. The next day I sold my canon gear for an x-t4 and all was good. Then recently I got a bad case of GAS (Gear acquisition syndrome) and started wanting the new Nikon Zf. Fortunately they were all out of stock so I had time to reflect. The result is that I sold the X-T4 body and purchased an X-H2. I’m taking time to set it up how I want with the custom settings and I’m now getting to really appreciate the advantages (for me) the X-H2 has over the X-T4. If I want dials I still have and always will have my X100V and for my main landscape / Seascape work I use the X-H2. I have scratched the GAS itch, saved myself money as I’m still using lenses from one system rather than 2 and I have already started to see a genuine improvement to my workflow as the X-H2 set up how I like it is really enjoyable to use. I do miss the dials a little bit but not as much as I was thinking I would. 😎

• @BoorayPerry

It sounds like you have had an experience this very similar to my own. I'm still getting used to my XH2

• @nickbianchi
    @nickbianchi Год назад +2

Your video came spot on at the right moment. I came into photography one year ago with the X100V. The dials help understanding many things and "playing" with the exposure triangle. But I must say, I’m usually on A in shutter speed and set Aperture and ISO to match my preferences.
    Looking for a camera that’ll allow me to get good photos of my kids doing sports, theatre etc, I was about to grab a second hand X-T4 or an X-T5.
    But I found out that in Switzerland, the X-H2 is over 110 USD cheaper than the X-T5… This made me think twice about the purchase.
    Of course I love the physical dials, but you’re right: I always take the camera down to change any setting. And I can tell you, by the time the camera is up at the eye again, my kids are gone.
    I will therefore order the X-H2. I’m pretty sure I will easily get used to the dials.
    One last comment though: when you talked about the tripod, you claimed it was great for the X-T5- I disagree: I shoot often at night on tripod, and I need a head torch to see the settings.

• @BoorayPerry

It's great on a tripod if the tripod is below your head and you have light 🙂

• @darinl848
    @darinl848 Год назад +1

a lot of great points. after watching this i'm thinking of trading my x-t5 for a x-h2.

• @hiermeineliste
    @hiermeineliste Год назад +1

great analysis, tx! That's why I switched from X-T4 to X-H2.

• @jen.niferl
    @jen.niferl 11 месяцев назад +1

This is really great info on the nuances especially for those who aren’t familiar with the different Fuji models. After being surprised that the X-S20 only has 4 custom film simulation recipe slots (after purchasing it), I thought that the dedicated dials are the only ones that come with (more, such as 7) custom film simulation recipes but I just noticed that the X-H2 has 7 slots. Now I’m thinking there are more reasons to like the X-S20 from a personal user experience (aside from 2 features). I tried the X-T5 and didn’t realize about the 1/3 in between increments for shutter not available on the dial since I’m coming from Sony.
    What I’d like to see is a tilt screen, but one that flips up above the camera for selfies. It seems Fuji did that in their older models and that can solve the issue of the screen on the right side being obstructed by the lens for group selfies, a problem for the camera holder trying to frame the shot.

• @mosfear
    @mosfear 9 месяцев назад +1

Thanks for posting. It confirmed my opinions for why, IMO, the X-H2 tops the X-T5. Now I just need you please to identify a holy trinity of glass from 16 - 500+ that optimises that sensor and offers the quickest AF without breaking the bank. lol. The obvious would seem to be Fuji's own: XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR / XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR / XF 150-600mm F/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR, but you may think diffferent. (I shoot bugs, birds, flora, fauna and landscapes). TIA

• @BoorayPerry

It's the 500+ that will be tough. :)

• @jessejayphotography
    @jessejayphotography 6 месяцев назад +1

Some very good points brought up. Now I just want an X-H2 without the flip screen or even better a tilt and flip screen like the A7RV

• @bryangideon5822
    @bryangideon5822 Год назад +1

Great video Booray I’ve configured my fujix100v the aperture dial to A, the speed dial to C and the compensation dial to C so I can prioritize my speed, iso or aperture by pressing the front wheel dial to view on the screen or through the view finder. This helps if like me you wear reading glasses.
    Very useful information, thank you

• @vincentkeith5259
    @vincentkeith5259 Год назад +3

This is my favorite X-T5 vs. X-H2 video ever.😎
    I kinda wish they'd made the X-H2 a mini version of the GFX-100S
    EVF from X-H2 - Screen from T5 - this would work better for landscape/tripod work than the fully articulated screen - and work better hand-held. I'd leave the fully articulated screen on the H2s - although I suspect most serious videographers will use a separate monitor.
    Can the X-H2 display virtual dials like the GFX? I've never seen it - but I love the look (zero hands-on - so it may suck, but it looks cool)

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

I have done ZERO research on that line for fear I will want one. :)

• @brownbear100
    @brownbear100 Год назад +2

With the top dials, you can still use it like a PASM. Switch any dial to A (including on lens) and use the front and rear dials to adjust. I alsways use compensation in C mode unless the lens doesn't have an aperture ring.
    So while the classic fuji dials can be used like a PASM camera, the reverse is impossible.

• @beepneldo
    @beepneldo 6 месяцев назад +1

I just find the top dials more functional and efficient, at least on the X-T5. I mostly set my aperture manually on the lens and leave the ISO and shutter dial on auto, with a min. SS of 1/125 in the auto ISO settings. That covers 90% of my needs. BUT: If I suddenly want a shutter speed of 1/30 to do a drag shot in bright sunlight, I can do it very easily by turning the shutter dial to 1/30 with one hand and with the other hand I set the aperture to auto. That takes 1 second to do and even more importantly, I don't change any other settings like focus mode, film simulation, image quality etc!

• @nate_thenotso_great
    @nate_thenotso_great 3 месяца назад +1

I shoot the X-T3 and X-T5. I used to use the dials a lot more, but these days I I have custom ISO settings on speed dial and stay on Aperture Priority for almost a whole wedding day, and even for family stuff tbh.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  3 месяца назад +1

If I'm shooting natural light, that's what I do.

• @nate_thenotso_great
      @nate_thenotso_great 3 месяца назад +1

@@BoorayPerry keep up the good work, Booray. Oh and I am sub 50 years of age so at least you have somebody a little younger lol.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  3 месяца назад +1

@@nate_thenotso_great A youngster!

• @johndillworth582
    @johndillworth582 Год назад +3

Seems a dumb thing but the ability to name the presets makes a huge difference. I almost wish the name would display on the screen or view finder as I'm dialing in

• @AdemVessell
    @AdemVessell Год назад +1

So glad I found your channel. Love how you present and really funny too. Truth be told I’m salivating over the XH2

• @richardcarlson112
    @richardcarlson112 Год назад +1

Well done. I agree with you. I started with film and slides, moved to Nikon DSLR. I went to Fuji because they were compact and yes the dials look great. I would not say better. You make great points. I agree that while they are fun, I don’t need dials for training wheels and they are not faster. I want to upgrade my X-T3 mostly for IBIS and have been thinking X-H2 even though the X-T5 is the prettier one and smaller. I hope the H2 isn’t too bulky but we will see. I will keep my used X-Pro2 so I don’t miss the T too much. And … yes I am in your 60’s demographic!

• @thatspiritualhumane
    @thatspiritualhumane Год назад +1

what a beautiful comparison, this why we watch your videos !

• @winc06
    @winc06 Год назад +1

Really thought provoking as I wait for my back ordered X-T5. A couple of things though. I hate the LCD screen flapping out to the side. The LCD resolution is slightly better on the X-T5, but the EVF resolution is significantly better on the X-H2, 5,760,00, vs 3,690,00. And one point about age besides near vision, we learned with dials and lets us shoot without thinking too much about operating the camera even though more steps and we are much less likely to be the run and gun type of photographer where efficiency is an issue. I do love that grip and and the black and white e-Ink screen though.

• @gohbyname
    @gohbyname Год назад +2

I love the dials too but if I were to be honest, it's more for the aesthetics. You are right the psam is more functional and hence utilitarian. :)

• @Jtytwister
    @Jtytwister 11 месяцев назад +1

In boxing this is what they call a peppering. Jab, right, jab right, faint, uppercut, dodge, haymaker. I learned photography on a X-T2. Now I’m loving the X-H2S. The use I found the dials to be most enjoyable for was landscape photography. Having the camera mounted on a tripod that you’re looking down at is where they shine. Coupled with the tilt screen and focus peaking, It’s money. For everything else I’ll take my X-H2S, especially as someone who is growing into becoming a true hybrid shooter.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  11 месяцев назад

A peppering... I learned something new today 🙂

• @politicallyincorrectpuppy
    @politicallyincorrectpuppy 5 месяцев назад +1

I sold my X-T5 and upgraded to the X-H2 mainly because I wanted a better grip and being able to access C1-C7 directly from the PSAM dial.

• @maxharrower2424
    @maxharrower2424 Месяц назад +1

I’m switching from X-H2 to X-T5. I’ve had the X-H2 for 8 months and still spend longer fiddling with settings than I thought I would. The C1-7 quick dial is great but why Fuji couldn’t show a quick reminder on screen when you turn the dial infuriates me. You can rename the custom settings but you can’t see what those names are as you turn the PASM dial. I shouldn’t have to tape a crib sheet to the inside of the screen housing to remember what I have set the dials to!!!! I miss my X-T4 where you can use dials or front and back dials etc. On X-H 2 you have no choice. I loved the X-H 2 for everything else but didn’t get the same enjoyment out of using it as I did with the X-T4.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Месяц назад

I totally agree with the names for the custom settings. They should show on the top screen.
      Ultimately, going with the camera you enjoy is the right choice every time. :)
      Thanks for commenting.:)

• @brunoeberspacher7026
    @brunoeberspacher7026 Год назад +1

Oh boy, you really took me to the land of confusion. I thought I would stick to my X-T2 throughout the rest of my life, I really love these retro-style cameras. But you made some good points in your presentation, looking at various issues from a different perspective - thanx for your ideas. For the time being, the best decision probably would be to go for both cameras X-T5 and X-H2s rather than X-H2 (better AF due to stacked sensor).😄

• @albertphillips447
    @albertphillips447 Год назад +1

Gee, thanks a lot! I had pretty much decided to go with the X-T5. Moving from the X-T3 for the IBIS, and I do like my dials, (it is why I moved away from Canon to the X-T1) but the ISO is usually on Auto and I can learn to set the shutter with a command dial. I just couldn't wrap my head around PASM, but now that it is PSAM, you have me seriously considering the X-H2. Guess I better put my readers on and go look at the specs! I wish we had a camera store. I don't mind buying online, but would love to pick up the X-H2 and hold it first.

• @BoorayPerry

I didn't get a chance to hold the x-T5 but I have a friend who did and he said it's definitely smaller than the X-T4 which is small for me. :)

• @Lysander-Spooner
    @Lysander-Spooner Год назад +4

Just went form the X-T3 to the X-H2 and you are correct. The top dials are cool but the PSAM dial is more efficient.

• @JeffreyHauser
    @JeffreyHauser Год назад +2

Hi Booray. Good video with practical advice. On my X-T3 body, I use the top dials if I am out shooting for personal projects or for “fun.” If I am on a paid job, I use the front & rear command dials to change camera settings, it is definitely faster. The PASM dial does allow flexible programs to be “preset.” It would be nice for “muscle memory” if the Fuji XH2 allowed the the front & rear command dials to be used to change camera settings instead of using other dedicated buttons for this purpose. There are definite work- a-rounds to accomplish your style of shooting. I am in your “target market”, ie in my 60’s. LOL!!!😅😅😅

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

I'll be making a video soon about the command dials. It's annoying that the front dial can't be programed.

• @BenjaminKanarek
    @BenjaminKanarek Год назад +2

Thanks for this video. Very well presented. I own 4 x XT3, 2 x XT4, X-H1, XT20, 2 x GFX 50s's and recently the X-H2 and I will get a second 40MP body. I am a Fashion/Beauty and advertising photographer based in Paris, France born in Toronto, Canada. When in the studio I shoot all manual and when outdoors I shoot aperture priority and use the exposure compensation dial, more often than not at -1/3 stop and rate my iso at 80 iso. With the X-H2 at 64 iso. There is just less noise when doing so. I like the look of the dials, but I appreciate the simplicity of the X-H2 design as well. Very Leica modern DSLR.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

Thanks for watching!

• @madcat1007
      @madcat1007 3 месяца назад

You are not right in the head!!!

• @NJM1948
    @NJM1948 Год назад +1

When I saw your title I thought...this is a brave man!!! I could see the heckles rising on the top dial Fuji lovers!!! But, your opening to this vid was brilliant!!! Hackles down, pitch forks put away!! LOL
    My view is that you are technically correct in your comments, but does it really matter that much if you have to do a press or two, or move the camera for a second or two rather than have a "one stop shop" pasm dial? We have them because we are prepared to do that little bit extra to have the gorgeous looks
    On the X-T5 I CAN use the EV dial with my thumb and same with the shutter speed dial....they may have moved them slightly from the XT4 (I came from the T3) so that isn't a "problem"
    I do also agree that they are not used as often as they might be, but there is a good reason for me and other Aperture priority users....you don't need to!! Set ISO to Auto (I use the 3 auto ISO settings all the time) and set the shutter speed to A so that you are only using the aperture ring on the lens.
    Awesome vid though, you did this so well......and with a nice chunk of humour thrown in....loved it

• @BoorayPerry

Thanks a lot! As I said in the video I enjoy being analytical about things but at the end of the day you should just use what you want to use. I use auto ISO a lot too. I just never really gotten use to the way the dials work because on one the selector is on the left and on the other the selector is on the right. I made a video about this of course. 😁

• @markewing7898
    @markewing7898 Год назад +1

I have to decide which one to buy, I thought I had settled on the XT5 , because I already have the X100v and love it. However, I am now leaning to the XH2 for the better EVF and grip/build quality. Why isn't life simple !
    I am 64 BTW 😄

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

Lol... My target market! 🤣🤣

• @traceybartlam7737
    @traceybartlam7737 Год назад +1

What a great video! I’m considering trading my x-t30 and x-t4 for the x-s20 as it seems daft me having two cameras. I originally got the x-t30 as a small walk around when I still had a canon dslr which was larger and heavy. Thought I needed a larger camera than the x-t30 which I use for towns and cities but don’t use it that much. So I actually would like something in between and Fuji launch the x-s20! I was concerned about swapping back to a pasm dial when you actually made it perfectly clear which is best for me (woman in her 50’s btw not a 60 yr old man 😂) everything you said about the top buttons is true. I just hadn’t realised it. And I always like to use the viewfinder as without reading glasses I can’t see!! Thank you for such a great explanation and you have confirmed in my mind that I can (and probably should?) go back to psam. Thank you

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

You're welcome! Be sure and watch my video on the S-20. That's a great camera. :)

• @alexdubois6585
    @alexdubois6585 Год назад +1

Thanks to this video I thought about how I shoot today with my XT3. Wheneven I shut it down, I set AF-C, CL mode, Auto ISO, SS 4000, under exposed 1... This way, when I'm discovering a place and get surprised by a bird or an animal... I can switch on and shoot the bird. The fact that AF-C AF-S is a flick button on the XT is a problem, because in the custom mode of the XT... I can't customize the autofocus mode (I suspect even on the XT5). So if I bump my camera to XT5 or XH2... it will be XH2... However I don't like the extra weight... So I'm still researching the level of customization I can have in the IQ custom settings of the XT5.

• @byproduct8849
    @byproduct8849 Год назад +1

once i was in a big city with my x-t4... the neck pain was insane :D

• @billwinward9324
    @billwinward9324 Год назад +1

Another brilliant video, Booray. I guess my next camera will be the X-H2. Probably! 😊

• @scottc8274
    @scottc8274 Год назад +1

great video, glad I'm not alone, PASM for the win

• @Festvangelist
    @Festvangelist Месяц назад +1

Buy FAR the best explanation of the ergomics of camera use in real life field use. PSAM is best for me. Much more efficient in the field, especially when you are traveling. Use your presets to get your landscape, low light street etc. I love to keep my eye in the viewfinder and like the PSAM format and use tge buttons as I wish. Much more more efficient.

• @s.f.6846
    @s.f.6846 9 месяцев назад +1

Great video. The way I used the dials on the XT4 has honestly limit me bc like you said, sometimes you just have to use the commands on the front or back but once I started using the dials on top I was stuck with them and therefore limited. I used XT series for a long time and didnt know how to get to the stops between 500 and 1000 SS for example. Super lazy from my side but the XT dials had an effect on it too.

• @davidbradley565
    @davidbradley565 Год назад +2

Your points are all well made. However.....I am an experienced amateur photographer and I find the x-t5 dials make me less likely to forget some importan setting. I switch regularly between landscape and wildlife and on my Sony PASM I was always forgetting some vital setting.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

That's what makes them great. I think for hobby people or people shooting on a tripod that the dials are wonderful but for "run and gun" shooters the PASM dial is better. :)

• @johndickinson8848
    @johndickinson8848 Год назад +1

Great information. Helped me decide on the X-H2. Thanks.

• @doogieham
    @doogieham Месяц назад +1

I wish the X-H2 had the three-way flip screen and clickable command dials of the X-T5. If so, I would’ve likely bought it instead of the X-T5. In fact, if Fuji had just kept the body configuration of the X-H1 and updated the innards, I would’ve been overjoyed.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Месяц назад +1

@@doogieham I know that that screen is a big dividing line for people. For me, the flip screen has been so useful because there are so many times when I'm setting up a shoot and I need to take a picture of myself

• @doogieham
      @doogieham Месяц назад +1

@@BoorayPerry Yeah, ideally, Fuji would take a page out of Sony’s book and adopt a screen design similar to the A7RV, then everyone would be happy.

• @InstructorWest
    @InstructorWest Год назад +1

Loved your explanation of the 1/15"/1/4000" shutter speed electronic shutter on the podcast- very clear and interesting. Also your discussion of the leaf shutter- great educational content. Now here's a question: why pronounce it "PASM"? Not a word. And it's not necessarily the order of the letters on all dials. Why not MAPS? Or SPAM? Real words and easy to remember...and spell (might an novice write "pazm" or "pasim" or "pazum"?). I call it SPAM.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

You think like I do! "Spam" would be a great name but "MAPS" is probably better. I suspect it's one of those things that is now in usage and can't be changed by force. I think Fuji calls the ISO setting "sensitivity" but that hasn't caught on yet. :)

• @jeroentune333
    @jeroentune333 Год назад

Going from a XT4 to a XH2 this video is confirming I am making the right choice. I love your way of explaining, great job oohhh ! The look is from Prince though........😂

• @matt88169
    @matt88169 Год назад +1

Great video. I admit I was attracted to the dials but I rarely, rarely use them. I mapped to the clickable wheels and use the aperture ring to do everything, it’s faster. Still, the wheels make it pretty easy to quickly override everything if necessary. I’ve done that before to switch to auto shutter, for example, or to lock iso and shutter for flash photography. It’s a pretty easy system to move in and out of various “auto” settings.

• @ivanstevens
    @ivanstevens Год назад +1

Great video and I agree with everything you have stated. I am torn between the two as love the top dials on my XT3 even though they are not as useful as they appear lol. Are.looks everything…….

• @catherinegrimes2308
    @catherinegrimes2308 Год назад +1

I was used to PASM dials and when I bought I an X-E3, I couldn't believe that I would have to go to the drive menu to put it into movie mode so I could "quickly" take a video. I don't do blogging, but sometimes something happens and it would be nice to quickly press the movie button on the camera instantly start taking a video. I like to photograph animals and sometimes it would be nice to quickly take a video of them.
    The size of the grip is important and people seem to like the grips on the X-S10, X-H1 and X-H2, yet Fujifilm puts a small grip on the X-T4.
    It seems that Fujifilm likes to make life awkward for people who like the dials. They have to suffer for their art.

• @nevvanclarke9225
    @nevvanclarke9225 Год назад +1

Yes I ust set to T and C in certain situations if it's dark ...I prefer screen. Also the silver XT5 is easier to see dials and numbers then the black one. True that

• @madebydbm
    @madebydbm Год назад +1

I love the *look* of the dials on my x100v but i completely agree with you, and I have speed, iso and aperture mapped to the assignable front and rear wheels instead - find it much quicker and intuitive than the top dials. The x100v is a pain in the ass when I want to switch from manual to auto when I'm handing the camera to someone else to point-and-shoot.

• @robroyig-robroyphotography9225
    @robroyig-robroyphotography9225 Год назад +1

Excellent video Booray! 1st time watcher and subscriber to your channel. We just moved here to the Tampa area from the PNW in Vancouver, WA. Nikon shooter but seriously thinking of adding the X-T to the lineup as something that could possibly replace my D500. Looking forward to catching up on your videos. Keep up the great work!

• @BigOlson
    @BigOlson 6 месяцев назад +1

I actually really prefer the separate dials. I find it super frustrating to turn the aperture dial and have nothing happen in P/S mode. It's so natural to just change the aperture to A for auto or whatever number I want. The PSAM modes are just annoying.

• @seikibrian8641
    @seikibrian8641 Год назад +1

I'm an old Nikon FM and Ricoh KR 10 user, and later Canon AE-1. I've been using Canon EOS cameras since the 20D came out, so I've gotten used to the PASM dial, but I was never comfortable with all the little buttons and screens and menus. I'm going to sell my 20D, 7D, and 6D Mark II, and get a Fujifilm X-T5. And if the X100V ever comes back in stock anywhere, I want to get one of those, and it has the same multi-dial system.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

You are going to be very happy with that camera 📷🙂

• @fredericsoumier8096
    @fredericsoumier8096 Год назад +1

First : in i'm with the view finder i can easely change my ISO without leaving the viewfinder and it shows in it
    Second i've never had any issue to operate the compensation dial with my thumb
    Third and last : on the XT 5 the custom settings works the same as on the XH's, just reach them trough the Q menu
    So get an XT 5 before talking about it

• @gregrobsn
      @gregrobsn Год назад

My thoughts exactly. You can set up custom settings on the X-T2, I'm sure you can do the same on the X-T5.

• @mixeddrinks8100
    @mixeddrinks8100 Год назад +1

To me personally, I don't need the ISO dial as well, mainly because my first Fuji is actually the XT30 and it doesn't have the ISO dial as well, so I am more of set it to C and use the back dial for the 3 auto settings. I bought the XT5 and I do like it but would be nice that instead of the ISO dial, the wheel is actually additional options of mode, and Customer Settings. Add a custom option in the mode selector lever. Move some of the option on the mode selector to on top to the wheel, like pano/bracketing/filter and add a few more options like C1, C2, C3, C4 that overrides the other settings. That would be perfect. My biggest issue with the X-H2 is the need of the expensive card and the reader and obviously the style.

• @danwickham6062
    @danwickham6062 Год назад +2

I hear you, and if I were professional I'd agree, but I'm not and I like the looks of the xt1-2-3-4-5 and the buttons are part/ most of the reason. I'm rarely in a hurry to grab the shot. Enjoy, but I'll stay put.

• @BoorayPerry

And you should! That's the right camera for you. :)

• @stu-ax
    @stu-ax Месяц назад +1

You can toggle the display (DISP button) to show how the dials are set. Then, they can be changed without putting the camera down.
    I like your presentation style and the perspectives, but I wonder why you didn't mention this method for using the dials on the X-T5.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Месяц назад +1

Being able to do that toggle kind of proves why you don't need the dials though, ya know? :)
      Thanks for the compliment on my presentation style. That's a very nice thing to say. :)

• @stu-ax
      @stu-ax Месяц назад +1

​@@BoorayPerryI think it proves a case "for the dials" and for "not the dials", 😅 It really depends how you work, and if you can change how you work without negatively impacting your own creativity circuits.
      Seriously great video. I've seen a fair amount of your work and enjoy each new perspective. Please keep it up!

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Месяц назад

@@stu-ax Thanks!

• @pfaulks3009
    @pfaulks3009 Год назад +2

Grip issue can easily be addressed by using an L-bracket which I need anyway for the tripod. Completely agree about actually USING the dials - my exposure dial is permanently on C But I don't need to be able to see the other dials when changing settings because I can see them in the EVF. I was tempted by the H but cannot get past the damn articulated screen - I never use video. I'm very annoyed the X-T5 has been left with the inferior EVF but I haven't handled an H so I don't actually know how big the difference is. Good video though; makes you think more deeply about the real world use of the camera.

• @simon359
    @simon359 Год назад +1

Here’s how I handle my scenarios with the XT4. When taking nature shots, basically the only dial I use is the exposure compensation dial.
    I set the camera on aperture priority, and just turn the F stops on the lens for the depth of field l want. If my shutter speed is too slow, then I have the ISO, usually with the rear button thumb turn dial.
    If I’m photographing for street photography, I
    use my ISO auto settings. The three presets in the camera I set before hand. Example of number one setting would be lowest ISO 200, highest ISO 800 and then the top shutter speed at 1/500. Then I very them in the next two settings, and can quickly switch them at any time on one button push.
    So, in both cases, I am mostly using the exposure compensation dial to tweak the light. And that depends on the time of year and backlighting.
    I’m curious to know if the XH2 has the same ISO auto presets that the XT5 and the pro3 series have? 🖖

• @BoorayPerry

The X-H2 has 3 auto presets for ISO same as the X-T4. :)

• @simon359
      @simon359 Год назад +1

@@BoorayPerry
      I still prefer the XT series or the Pro series over the H2 series! Boy that was a mouthful! I sure wish they would’ve brought the stacked sensor to the XT5. I need the fastest auto focus for my street Photography. Plus the better viewfinder.
      You’re right about the average age, I’m 65. 😜

• @anthonymara4533
    @anthonymara4533 Год назад +2

For me, the PASM is growing on me, slowly. Changing from my top dials to it was a culture shock. Just like when I moved form the Minolta XG-M [Film camera for those who don't want to google it] to a X-T1. However, I will become accustomed to it, and the flippy screen, even now as i sit here I can't say I hate it like I did previously. I had considered trading the X-H2 for the X-T5, but now, I'd perhaps buy an X-T5 in addition, but I'll keep the X-H2 as a primary. I shoot primarily landscapes, out in torrential downpours and bitterly cold weather [No bologna for me thank you] and generally work in miserable conditions for fun. Then go and shoot portraits and events to pay the bills, X-T5, as much as I love the aesthetic, and the function.... It lacks a critical component for me, the battery grip is part of the ergonomics, and it's something I need on the camera. So, I do hope my torch, and or pitchfork wasn't too frightening, photographers obsessing over the way their cameras work and look is par for the course. I'll learn to evolve with the system or eventually get left behind while everyone else has moved on to the next big thing [Probably something really cool].

• @BoorayPerry

I'm waffling on whether or not I want to try the battery grip I think it was just be a bit too much 😁

• @anthonymara4533
      @anthonymara4533 Год назад +1

​@@BoorayPerry As long as at the end of the day you're comfortable, and happy, then don't complicate your life. Every additional part is another opportunity for a failure.

• @davehoward4653
    @davehoward4653 Год назад +1

I have an X-T2 as my second camera to the X-H2. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible, you can't set shutter or ISO to the control dials. In any case, how I work around that is to change the dial while looking at the screen (either LCD or viewfinder). The numbers are available there, even in the dark. I like the top dials because I find it easy to use the X-T cameras in a pseudo manual mode. Watch the screens, turn the dials with two fingers. Not perfect, but it is a bit smoother than (always) pulling the camera from your eye. My main complaint about the X-H2, when you switch among the four PASM modes, neither front nor back dial does the same thing in all four modes. Grr. You have to know which mode you are in to know what the dials are doing. Nikon, shutter was always rear. Front was always aperture (or some such, haven't used my D800 in a long time). With the Fuji, every mode has a different pair of controls on the control dials. I'll probably override that, if I can, when I finally get enough experience to know which function I want on which dial. In any case, the video was certainly insightful. It gave me a better understanding of how to use the two control dials to get a similar level of control as the top dials.

• @davehoward4653
      @davehoward4653 Год назад

And I am a male in his sixties... LOL Not sure I like being that predictable.

• @jaegerschtulmann
    @jaegerschtulmann Год назад +3

BREAKING NEWS! with the XT series cameras you can shoot in both styles. You need precision and speed you use the wheels, you need a classic shooting experience you use the dials. The XH2 body is great of course (except the joystick position, iso button & lack of additional buttons to customise your preferred functions). Personally, I find the XH2 & GFX cameras very ugly, just like the Sony bodies! If I want a modern minimal camera then. I would say the Leica SL2 or the new Hasselblad X2Dc have the best design and ergonomics.

• @the_astro_garden
    @the_astro_garden Год назад

Almost 60 😀 and wear reading glasses and exactly why I prefer the X-H2, not having to wear reading glasses is a revelation, just use the top LCD. The X-Pro 3 is also great for this while using the rear LCD.

• @noizy514
    @noizy514 Год назад +1

I started watching your channel recently, watched your video about switching from Canon to Fuji with the XT4, and in the back of my head I was thinking you'd eventually go for an X-H2. I am not a pro, so I shoot with the X-S10 and like PASM and the extra configurable wheels. It's not a pro camera (not WR), but it's the perfect trojan horse for an ex-Canon shooter like me.

• @BoorayPerry

I always knew that the x-T4 was just holding me over until the X-H2 came. :)

• @davidfromdownunder
    @davidfromdownunder Год назад

17:10 ……. Yes I am! (When the better half doesn’t want me gone for hours on end for a full day of landscape shooting) It’s very convenient to escape the old ‘ball and chain’ on house domestics Sunday IF I can make a quiet and quick escape. Another handy tip and this is CRUCIAL….. Turn your mobile / cell phone to silent or better still off and just explain when you get home….”Oh I am sorry honey I was in a remote location, reception must have been out of range” works a treat (most times!)

• @Don-yf6yo
    @Don-yf6yo 11 месяцев назад

All the points brought up in this video are valid. It just seems like the angle in this video was made purposely to provoke people. Perhaps that was the point so that it drives clicks. At the heart of the matter in this video really is a discussion of the pros and cons of the Fuji dials vs a traditional PASM dial. A more productive and helpful video would be a discussion of those pros and cons between the two different systems and talk about which works better for each type of photographer.

• @alestomsic
    @alestomsic Год назад +1

Nice consideration. Yes, PASM is more productive, effective. But myself, hobby shooter for 50 years, my primary SLR that I used for 25 years, was Zenit TTL, all manual, I simply prefer knobs. I would not buy XH1, XH2 or X S10 due to design. I own X-E2S, X-T10 and preferred is X-T2 as includes ISO knob. I do knobs, all of them, also ISO. I am 65 but I still see well without glasses. I also sold 18 55 kit lens as it didn't have aperture markings, and bought 16 80 instead. But it is good to set dials so it works for everybody.

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

If I wasn't shooting under pressure I would love the knobs more for sure. :)

• @robj1366
    @robj1366 Год назад

Thank you I thought it was just me !! Finally a reality check and common sense 🙂

• @cameraman655
    @cameraman655 Год назад +1

Don't see much in the way of ‘Torches and Pitchforks’ this far. That said, I have been using ‘dials’ going back to the late 70s and PASM in the mid-80s, both as an amateur and pro, however, when I was making the switch from DSLRs to mirrorless some 5 years ago, I ‘taste tested’ of all the mirrorless offerings at the time, Olympus almost snagged me, but the siren call of those dials and f-stop rings from Fuji, lured me in and won my heart. Whilst I agree with your argument in part, frankly, I simply can not go back the PASM, no matter how convenient it may be, and indeed it is, I guess I am just a glutton for punishment 😉📷

• @BoorayPerry
      @BoorayPerry  Год назад

lol... That's the great thing about the choices, you can't really make the wrong one. I love that Fuji actually gives you options. :)