What's the difference between the Street Twin and the T100?

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 7 июн 2024
  • Before you buy a Bonneville Street Twin or Bonneville T100, which both get 57.9 MPGs, learn about the differences to see which one is right for you. Aside from styling, do you need a larger gas tank? Higher seat height?
  • Авто/МотоАвто/Мото

Комментарии • 107

• @brianbecher5781
    @brianbecher5781 2 года назад +25

If you close your eyes, you can almost convince yourself you're listening to Nick Offerman in this video!

• @samueldomenech8331
      @samueldomenech8331 Год назад

In the Street Twin you have more plastics, worst weels and is smaller than T100

• @AndrewHass81
      @AndrewHass81 Год назад +2

Now I can't unhear it. I love it.

• @greymatters14
      @greymatters14 4 месяца назад

Even with eyes open! 😂

• @stoicfabianwtfradio1398
    @stoicfabianwtfradio1398 5 месяцев назад +3

The looks get me looking forward to ride my 2020 customized Street Twin every day, while the torque and sound put a smile on my face whenever I’m riding it. That’s what motorcycles are all about for me. Happy to leave all the gizmo and electronics distraction behind, these Triumphs are the real deal.

• @andreymor4299
    @andreymor4299 Год назад +5

I can listen to this guy all day.

• @larrynorsworthy8582
    @larrynorsworthy8582 Год назад +1

2018 my new bike was 11 years old. It was a street twin for the win! I am still very pleased.

• @fazerhomer
    @fazerhomer Год назад +6

I ride the Street Twin in jet-black ! Totally happy with the wonderful bike !!

• @guywolff
    @guywolff 9 месяцев назад

I live in Connecticut farm country and have a left over 2017 900 Street Scrambler .It is a perfect back road roadster able to add some nice gravel and dirt roads to the mix .. A perfect choice for farm country ... :) Plus the best choice for very easy chain cleaning and adjustments ...

• @javiervar494
    @javiervar494 2 года назад +6

Great video 👍 I prefer Street Twin. It's cheaper than T100 and fuel capacity isn't great.

• @redhazard1505
    @redhazard1505 Год назад

Great detailed information. Thank you ❤️.

• @user-dottory
    @user-dottory Год назад

i got the gold line edition of street twin..and it is good for me 175cm and 68kg..specially difference of wheel..
    i love it so much.

• @petermorris3665
    @petermorris3665 2 года назад +9

I've a 2017 T100 Black and, for a solo rider (I weigh 175 lbs and am just under 6 ft), its more than enough power, light to manoeuvre and I'm averaging 75 mpg (UK gallon). I had previously an air-cooled 2009 Speedmaster and found it very hard to manoeuvre at low speed and around the smaller / tighter junctions that we can get here in the UK.

• @ANDY1985UK2011
      @ANDY1985UK2011 Год назад

Peter Morris hey i'm in the UK too and thinking of getting this or the T120 . Is the t100 okay for some motorway rides going around 85mph ?

• @chrisweeks6973
    @chrisweeks6973 2 года назад +22

For me, the T100; I prefer the taller seat and the classic-style paint job.
    Just a couple of minor corrections, however. Firstly, the bike of Johnny Allen was called a Streamliner, not a steamliner; a Freudian slip, no doubt...
    Secondly, the first Triumph Bonneville was first produced in 1959, not 1902. Triumph themselves were started in Coventry by Siegfried Bettmann in 1886 under the name Triumph Cycle Company and produced their first bicycle in 1889. It produced its first motorcycle in 1902, being a bicycle powered by a Belgian-made Minerva engine. It wasn't called a Bonneville...
    Triumph started making cars in 1923 and that part of the business was sold to Standard Motors in 1939. Following the destruction of the Triumph motorcycle factory (owned since 1936 by Jack Sangster's Ariel Motorcycles) by the German Luftwaffe raid on Coventry on the night of 14/15th November 1940 (Operation Moonlight Sonata), the factory was relocated in 1942 to a greenfield site in nearby Meriden. They stayed in that location until 1983. About the only reference in Meriden to Triumph these days are two streets, called Bonneville Close and Daytona Drive.

• @sscbkr48
      @sscbkr48 2 года назад +4

I love the old Bonnevilles, but in the expensive T100's shadow lurks the throaty 650 Interceptor with a taller seat befitting a 6-2 rider.. and a fistfull of cash to boot! and a centerstand. 😀

• @chrisweeks6973
      @chrisweeks6973 2 года назад +1

@@sscbkr48 Agreed - and having ridden one, the Interceptor's a very nice bike, though I would change the seat for the new touring version as the OEM one's a bit thin for my 76-year-old bones. Here in Australia, the T100 costs from AUD$18,290 and the Interceptor is $10,990 which is a $7,300 saving, so the choice is a fairly simple one. And yes, I prefer to have a centrestand, too.

• @irvhh143
      @irvhh143 Год назад +1

Back in the 70s, our local dealer carried triumph. We'd hang around on school break. There was a champagne (Pink) anniversary special. Must've been 1977. It had a broken fin on the head. It says there for months waiting for a replacement cylinder head.

• @kaalilpino.7323
    @kaalilpino.7323 Год назад +2

Good vídeo thanks for información 😉👍

• @danhansen9340
    @danhansen9340 Год назад

Good review, good info, how reliable are they compared to Kawasaki and Ducati bikes of the same caliper and also maintenance and repair costs.

• @ericmilligan3
    @ericmilligan3 2 года назад +3

Street Twin, been there done that, fantastic.

• @investlikeawarrior
      @investlikeawarrior 2 года назад +3

My favorite Triumph ever. I’ve owned several triumphs and the street twin was the best over round bike IMO

• @christopheryack580
      @christopheryack580 2 года назад +6

i have a 2022 found one with 300 miles on the clock and saved $3k the seat is a little low but that’s an easy fix..i like the tubeless tires. for a year round commuter the lack of chrome is preferred. the street twin bring lighter is super maneuverable. that engine and exhaust are fantastic

• @viktorask
    @viktorask Месяц назад

I did so much customization on Street Twin that it cost me twise as my bike when I bought for $10k , or as much as another used Street Twin, but what I got from that. I got that no other Street Twin has or ever had.

• @denisg4288
    @denisg4288 2 года назад +4

Hi
    Went to a bike show in the UK to sit on both. I am 5’9” but shortish legs. T100 was great but I was wrong thinking the Street Twin would be the better option. Pegs on both are the same height from the ground so with the lower seat on the ST, the knees are at a more extreme angle so I would think less comfortable.

• @jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778
    @jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778 2 года назад +15

I’d go for the Street Twin or the Street Scrambler if I were considering a 900. For lightness.😘
    If you like the T100 for its styling, I’d recommend going up to the 1200cc T120. The T120 is virtually identical to the T100 expect for the stronger engine and dual front discs. The slight extra cost of the T120 is well worth it for added power and brakes. Go Street Twin or T120😎.

• @volt8684
      @volt8684 Год назад +2

Twin clocks for me

• @Von-by8xz
    @Von-by8xz 2 года назад +4

Another super bowl win !!!!!

• @johnbellamy6449
    @johnbellamy6449 2 года назад +2

good job.

• @jackjacobs2960
    @jackjacobs2960 2 года назад +2

Really nice review! When’s the t120 review coming out !!!!:)

• @elwaypowersports1598
      @elwaypowersports1598  2 года назад

Hi Jack! We're actually working on a Harley-Davidson Street glide vs a Road Glide review right now -the argument that starts many bar fights ;) ... hope to have the T120 review out next month! What do you ride?

• @alanreilly9056
    @alanreilly9056 2 года назад +7

Hi there, very good presentation. I live in Australia and an 65 years old. It would be the Street Twin for me as any seat height over 31.6 inches ( or 800mm ) see's me out as I'm not that tall
    Other brands in this category for me would be the Kawasaki W800 SE model ( the seat height is very close to the Triumph Street Twin ) or the Moto Guzzi current V7 models ( in particular the V7 Special ) which has a 30.7 seat height, however given that I all ready own four motorcycles, at least one of then would have to go before I purchase another!

• @elwaypowersports1598
      @elwaypowersports1598  2 года назад +1

You know your toys! We say the correct number of bikes to have it the current number plus one (:

• @ok_selection3287
      @ok_selection3287 2 года назад

How tall are you?

• @sscbkr48
      @sscbkr48 2 года назад

@@elwaypowersports1598 the problem being, I'm the guy that has to change their diapers! so having 3 is my limit.

• @colingoldthorpe5918
    @colingoldthorpe5918 2 года назад

I just bought a T120 gold line and freaking love it. Also own a Triumph Trophy SE so pretty partial to the Triumph brand 👍👍👍

• @strawberryrhubarbtarot
    @strawberryrhubarbtarot 2 года назад +4

I love my 2020 Street Twin!!!

• @jesusdiazalvarez2121
      @jesusdiazalvarez2121 2 года назад

me too

• @theliberalrepublican5910
      @theliberalrepublican5910 Год назад +2

I love my 2022 Street Twin! And the beginner thing is BS, I have been riding for 50 years.

• @strawberryrhubarbtarot
      @strawberryrhubarbtarot Год назад

@@theliberalrepublican5910 I Iagree; i have been riding for 16 years! I used to ride a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad Classic 1500 cc. I have so much fun on this nimble bike and love the exhaust notes!!

• @wynnmorris6270
      @wynnmorris6270 Год назад +1

@@theliberalrepublican5910 Total BS, 55 years for me, I've done all the big HP bikes and realised how little you can open the throttle!😆

• @maknreaper
    @maknreaper 2 года назад +7

Nice video. I've been looking into a Bonneville for the last few weeks, and wanted to mention that the fuel economy uses British gallons, not US. Instead of 68.8 mpg, the US number is around 57. Still good, but not quite as amazing as the British figure.

• @colingoldthorpe5918
      @colingoldthorpe5918 2 года назад

I just bought a T120 gold line and frigging love it to death. I also have a Triumph Trophy and Aprilia Mana but the Bonneville is a pure gem 💎 👍👍👍

• @theliberalrepublican5910
      @theliberalrepublican5910 Год назад +1

I get about 65 mpg US on my Street twin.

• @guywolff
      @guywolff 9 месяцев назад

I am getting 54 US MPG on the 2017 less HP 900 engine ... Also it is happy with regular gas ..

• @epictravelers8753
    @epictravelers8753 2 года назад +1

favorite T100

• @danhansen9340
    @danhansen9340 2 года назад

Yeah, which one , good question.

• @dominicpocock2659
    @dominicpocock2659 Год назад +2

Did you get the Street Twin EC1 in the US? I bought one this month and am loving it.

• @Richard-pe4cx
    @Richard-pe4cx 2 года назад +2

or you could go for aT120 as i did looking forward to the weekend ride safe

• @Clint_the_Audio-Photo_Guy
    @Clint_the_Audio-Photo_Guy 10 месяцев назад +1

Bonneville for me. T100 or T120 is the question. I've already owned a ZX14R, and an Aprilia Tuono 1100, so I'm used to stupid power but then again, it always seemed ridiculous for road use. I think a more relaxed ride would be nice. A used T100 might just be a nice little bike for around town. My back is shot, so I won't be making any long trips on it.

• @elwaypowersports1598
      @elwaypowersports1598  9 месяцев назад +1

The T120 has a 6th gear. If you are not taking it for long rides on the Interstate, then the T100 will do!

• @midi510
    @midi510 2 года назад +1

I feel left out. I've had a Street Scrambler for a week, which is the Bonneville series, too.

• @TheAbhinav1001
    @TheAbhinav1001 2 года назад +2

Cool video ❤️👍... Please make a video comparing Triumph Street Twin vs Triumph T120. How and what are the differences ? I know Street Twin is 900cc & T120 is 1200cc. But it will differentiate 2 segments and give a clear picture of whether to upgrade to T120 or it's fine to own a Street Twin for daily commute.

• @jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778
      @jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778 2 года назад +2

The T120 is identical to the T100 except for the more powerful engine and an extra disc on the front brake. I like the “Street “ models, but as to the T100, it’s well worth the slight up charge to go to the T120. (2019 T120 owner).😎

• @TheAbhinav1001
      @TheAbhinav1001 2 года назад +1

@@jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778 cool..but seeing a video comparison of Street Twin vs T120 would be much appreciated...if you can ! 👍

• @thebigempty_5792
      @thebigempty_5792 Год назад +1

@@jerryandnancywertzbaugher7778 The T120 also has a 6 speed compared to the T100 having a 5 speed. The T120 is much better for longer highway road trips.

• @OntarioAndrews415
    @OntarioAndrews415 2 года назад +3

Street Twin EC1 please. :)

• @sunildsouza1389
    @sunildsouza1389 Год назад +2

I'll take the T120 when I win the lottery!!!

• @zachhamlin1317
    @zachhamlin1317 Год назад

Which one is better for 2up pillion riding

• @petergoettler8680
    @petergoettler8680 Год назад +2

"Street Twin" (Triumph Bonneville), merci.

• @allans7281
    @allans7281 Год назад

Why did Triumph do away with the Fork gators on the T 100?? T120 has it. The deep burble sound of the t-100 is an understatement! The sound is flat out amazing your mouth will start smiling immediately

• @e.l.9589
    @e.l.9589 2 года назад

Speed Twin is calling my name.

• @rudyardroxas4586
    @rudyardroxas4586 2 года назад +1

Can lower tires like 100/70-18 front and 130/60-17 be mounted on the Street Twin to lower its seat height further?

• @elwaypowersports1598
      @elwaypowersports1598  2 года назад

We wouldn't recommend running a lower profile tire as it can have adverse handling characteristics.

• @adoreslaurel
    @adoreslaurel 2 года назад

I mhave often wondered why the US Govt decreed all new bikes sold in the USA must have left hand gear change, was it to protect [following lobbying] Harley Davidson? or was it some obscure other thing? Maybe its to do with fitting an outfit?

• @PelikanVPustatine
    @PelikanVPustatine Год назад

more Jeff!

• @thebigempty_5792
    @thebigempty_5792 Год назад +1

I didn't think a Street Twin was a Bonneville. The only Bonnevilles are the T100 / T120. For 2023, Triumph re badged the Street Twin to the Speed Twin 900.

• @oCapitaoCaverna
    @oCapitaoCaverna 2 года назад +2

Great vídeo!!!!!

• @rickconstant6106
    @rickconstant6106 2 года назад +2

Mine is a 1978 T140V, from long before they started making these imitation Triumphs.

• @cwheremonster8870
      @cwheremonster8870 2 года назад +1

Good for you. Anymore insults you’d like to throw around? I had two 70’s era Triumphs. Honestly it’s how I learned to wrench on bikes. It’s no wonder that Triumph went out of business years ago. The most unreliable motorcycles ever manufactured. Thank god these modern Triumphs have improved in quality and performance.

• @rickconstant6106
      @rickconstant6106 2 года назад +1

@@cwheremonster8870 I didn't say the new Triumphs are badly made, but you can't deny that they are made by a different company, using the same brand and model names as the originals, and are designed to imitate the appearance of the original 60s models. If that's what you want, that's fine, it's just not for me.

• @g.g.6362
      @g.g.6362 Год назад

@C Wheremonster Just for the record, my 2020, 1200 Speed Twin destroyed its gearbox at 11,000 miles,having had 3 oil and filter changes in that time ( one more than the recommended service interval). Being 4 months out of warranty, the Triumph factory weren't interested in helping me in any way,or on why it had failed. Disgusting attitude towards the customer and their product,in my opinion. 6th gear disinterested while riding steadily down hill at 55mph.....who knows what the outcome may have been if riding at a much higher speed? The Triumph dealer I contacted for advice,quoted 24 hours for the repair at £96 per hour,so I was looking at £3,500 bill,including the parts,to repair a £12,000 motorcycle having ridden 11,000 miles and barely out of warranty. Make your own mind up,but it's the last modern Triumph I will ever buy,and advise others not to. They look good,but that's about it. I have owned 3 T140's, a T110 and still own a 500 T100T.....Far more reliable and value for money. If you insist on buying Asian built,buy something that works,and works well....Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha,Kawasaki......

• @kensanity178
    @kensanity178 Год назад +1

I'm selling a 2014 T100 right now. 125 miles.

• @garyives1218
    @garyives1218 5 месяцев назад

You can mount GIVI side cases to the T100 but not the Street/Speed Twin 900.

• @anan7s294
    @anan7s294 Год назад

What's the price for the Triumph's official integrated tail light and turn signal for the thruxton RS?

• @elwaypowersports1598
      @elwaypowersports1598  Год назад

Ji AnAn, we'd need a VIN to verify the part number and price as Triumph pricing is specific to the VIN. Are you in CO?

• @juanmpaiva
    @juanmpaiva 2 месяца назад

The ride position is the same? the foot pegs are in the same position?...does anybody knows it?

• @777Patriot
    @777Patriot 2 года назад +1

Bonneville Salt Flat race way; East of Wendover and South of Floating Mountain

• @ScooterNinja
    @ScooterNinja Год назад

Does T100 have tubes in tyres? as it is having spoke wheels?

• @a.m.7910
      @a.m.7910 Год назад

Yes they have tubes

• @eric-manuelalers4782
    @eric-manuelalers4782 2 года назад +2

T100 for me…!!!

• @raymaybury5337
    @raymaybury5337 Год назад +1

What's a man got to do to get a set of full chrome mudguards (fenders)?

• @wynnmorris6270
      @wynnmorris6270 Год назад

Must be just you and me!
      You have to buy a scooter to get decent mudguards.

• @ed.t.hansen6499
    @ed.t.hansen6499 3 месяца назад

showing a 900 in parts of this vdo with the handlebar frame at a 30 deg angle; 1200 is std; stright up to allow risers.

• @aspinaki
    @aspinaki 2 года назад +1

I have Bonneville SE. 68bhp/68nm. it goes over 200km/hr which no new street twin/t100 can.

• @mikerider58
    @mikerider58 Год назад

Who's the guy talking in the video 😆 Man, he was real Slick, l mean, that guy could ask you for your pin number and bank card and you'd be happy to oblige.
    3 minutes into the video l was throwing my leg over triumph 1200 and bombing down Route 66 singing Born To Be Wild.
    Truth is, l wanted a Bonneville before l seen this video .

• @philtucker1224
    @philtucker1224 Год назад +1

That’s US gallons ( 20% smaller than imperial gallons)

• @hakeemmuhammad710
    @hakeemmuhammad710 Год назад

British beauty ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

• @jahnchristiangungob2004
    @jahnchristiangungob2004 2 года назад

What model is this? 0:26

• @dapid2937
    @dapid2937 Год назад

keren sekali

• @seabridgee
    @seabridgee Год назад

we have 300 km / gallon bikes in india / columbia / peru / Algeria / south Africa for middle class people low income

• @ed.t.hansen6499
    @ed.t.hansen6499 3 месяца назад

no customiing in thailand; get what they give you only. need higher seat for more leg room ; which one . digital displays still too small to read with sunglasses; needs to be 3 cm min.height

• @tedcity5861
    @tedcity5861 11 месяцев назад

Other than seat height, there is no difference other than styling ..? Same frame, forks ,shocks , rake and trail.
    to me the Street Twin is the plain sister of the pretty girl next door. Though i like the ST exhaust better.

• @lukewalker1051
    @lukewalker1051 2 года назад +2

They are more similar than different. Both are prone to transmission problems. Question is, do you feel lucky. Well do you punk?...lol.

• @davidmacgregor5193
    @davidmacgregor5193 2 года назад +1

64bhp from a 2022 900cc machine, my forty two year old Benelli 900 Sei pumps out 80bhp, mind you I only get 45mpg. I'm not anti-Triumph in the eighties I owned a TR7RV, T140E, T160V and a TSX, I enjoyed owning and riding them all apart from the TSX, it was totally unreliable but it looked stunning.

• @markwood9755
    @markwood9755 День назад

You state the handlebars are the same. They are not ! The Street Twin has a thinner bar that is a completely different shape. The biggest difference you did not touch on is the riding position, the Street Twin is noticeable more sporty with pegs further aft and aforementioned handlebars lower with more weight on the wrist. I would recommend any purchaser to ride both as the seating position could be a deal breaker for some. How do I know ? Well I could not make my mind up, so bought both ! I love them both for their different characters, however they are a significantly different ride. When I was considering a T120 and T100 the Triumph dealership only had a T120 and Street Twin to test ride, I was reliably informed the T100 was identical to ride as the Street Twin. Either the salesperson had not ridden the bikes or was giving a potential customer complete BS. I did not buy a single bike from them and never will for this deception !

• @dannywest7587
    @dannywest7587 Год назад

Nick offer,who?

• @jimanderson4444
    @jimanderson4444 2 года назад +1

Yes the sound is nothing short of music! Yet the need to go electric is essential, no sweet sound justifies the number of moving parts all doomed to display in a musuem! The builder who uses Triumph design and all elec power train will have my $ !

• @seabridgee
    @seabridgee Год назад

try to make trolley bikes, everyone can not seek elephant`s help

• @ducatireviews1136
    @ducatireviews1136 2 года назад

The The difference is one is good and the other one is for babies. bobber is the meanest, the T120 and the T 10 are the next choice, the street twin is good for beginners and those who wish to have the easiest ride, but it doesn't have the chromium plate on the tank it's just spray paint. And the raised exhaust pipes give probably actually a smoother performance than the true Bonnevilles. But the truth is, it's a beginners bike at entry level and I wouldn't really call it a triumph yet. Because it's closer to a Japanese bike than a British like in its change of concept and they are trying to grab some of the marketplace that usually do not get attracted by triumph. I believe the street twin to be a bastardized version of some thing between a Honda CB and a triumph. I just bought a night shift from Ducati 800 cc version, And to be honest, I wouldn't swap it for a triumph Street twin or, a T 110 or T120 any day. also in the triumph owners club communities, this bike will bring you no prestige at all when those parked around you are on Bonneville T 10 and Bonneville T120 and the Bonneville bobber and the gold line additions. So if you plan to be involved with the triumph collector community, this is definitely not a good choice to take the speed twin. it's like going to a vintage car meeting in the morris Marina. Or better said, it would arrive looking like Mr. bean compared to the other models

• @rbattson7171
      @rbattson7171 Год назад +3

An over-priced Ducati nut, reviewing Triumphs, yeah! And not accurately at that!

• @kramnam4716
      @kramnam4716 Месяц назад

You are the exact definition of a fashion victim.