Don't call it a comeback - 2021 Kenworth T800

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 20 май 2020
  • There's a trend that we see coming back. It's not the #T800 as that's been #TheWorldsBest for years. It's the small sleeper. With some localized hauling and more "local" routes than ever, the small sleeper is making a comeback in a big way. When you look at the versatility that the added space gives you without much of a weight nor a financial penalty, you can see why more and more of trucks like this are rolling out of the #Kenworth factory.
  • Авто/МотоАвто/Мото

Комментарии • 83

• @morgansword
    @morgansword 4 года назад +4

I used to say that I should of been born in the eighteen hundreds as it is not easy for me to transition to the twenty first century. I like that rig a lot and when I drove in the seventies would of killed someone to have one.... especially power. Running down freeways with foot to the metal to get fifty seven mph was as much fun as the shots in my arm before we shipped out to Nam. I drove for my dad before I went in and then country music, a bad marriage right off the get go, I hit the roads with a attitude. I would stop when on a layover at a honky tonk and get myself a genuine hangover. Back on the road with a heavy load and forty eight... thinking late on this one. I even ran the two sets of log books. I finally snapped out of the beat myself to death and joined the world and for a while hung up the keys. I turned wrenches and had me a fine girl. I also had a ready made family so trucking wasn't good for that. Times got tuff so crawled back in for day tripping, and found myself single again. I didn't go crazy this time, but I headed north to Alaska where I worked as a heavy duty mechanic for the rest of my working life. I owned my own home, had a shop and two great dogs. I never looked at women the same as it just doesn't feel good to lose. I can see where a truck like that one has everything but a dining room and I am sure it has a meal warmer. I had another turn that makes me so angry, my extra time mornings I helped a elderly man... no kid myself as it was tuff for him. I would cook and prep meals, wash dishes and make beds do the laundry so that his life was easier and he was a friend for many years. He was setting in his chair I thought and watching the tube while I was in the kitchen. I go to ask a question and he isn't there, look all over and finally find him out doors on a ladder.... ask him to come down that I would do that and he says I'm fine and bounces on one foot on the ladder which breaks, he falls and I caught him. He is just fine, tore his tee shirt a bit... me, not so much. I wake up in the hospital with a broken neck and lower back. that was two thousand five. I got out of the hospital on crutches many months later and found myself ironically in need of a care person which I still have... but I would rather have that truck

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  4 года назад

Wow. Quite the story Morgan. There's something about the connection with the road that does us both good and bad over time.

• @Badassbowtie75
    @Badassbowtie75 4 года назад +5

I love it! It's all you need. Especially for what I do.

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  4 года назад +1

It's available Tim.... ...just sayin' LOL

• @Badassbowtie75
      @Badassbowtie75 4 года назад +1

@@KenworthofRichfieldMaybe one day. Living and working Washington state I'm partial to a KW and you have some of the best videos and info out there. Thank you. And I whole heartedly agree on the dummy stack philosophy. I see new w900 with the dummy stack and it just bothers me but I cant envision what it would look like with a single stack or no stacks at all...🤔Just leave it off if it ain't functional.

• @johnandrews389
    @johnandrews389 3 года назад

Nice truck. That would be perfect for my boston run

• @Opinionatedguy1989
    @Opinionatedguy1989 4 года назад +3

The almost perfect set up for running up and down Vancouver Island. I would option mine out a bit more with a Cummins x15 605 and 46 rears.

• @KenworthofRichfield

This has such great low end torque, you'll be surprised as how well it does. :D

• @JeepCherokeeful
      @JeepCherokeeful 4 года назад

Kenworth of Richfield having lived and driven in Alaska for almost 5 years, I’d say NO! Even with short gears 114k lbs is still 114lbs and the 10% miles long grades don’t get any shorter;) Customers would really enjoy more power, the Europeans have had 700+ hp and 2500lbs of torque for about 10 years.

• @rubenayala2203
    @rubenayala2203 3 года назад

He just made me subscribe n a like for 40s n over n don't call it a come I been here for years! I'm 41 made me feel old! Lol 😆

• @EddieDaOnly1
    @EddieDaOnly1 4 года назад +3

I like the two piece windows in case you take a rock on the driver or passengers side.

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  4 года назад +2

That's the reason most guys use, but a one piece isn't that much more expensive and it actually seals better than the two.

• @surefireball
    @surefireball 2 года назад

Headache rack with cabinets for chains and a pusher would be perfect for flatbed work that I do

• @l0rdcroissant
    @l0rdcroissant 4 года назад +3

small bunks are the norm in Europe and that's for long hauling too, man thinking back at this one company where we'd wait for hours to unload waiting for them to show up.... would had been awesome to be laying in one of these at 3 am for the 4hrs wait :)
    own the road with common sense, own a KW :D

• @KenworthofRichfield

Common sense? What's that? LOL

• @pecheur1951
      @pecheur1951 4 года назад

I don't know where you worked in Europe or how long ago that was but all Euro long haul trucks I know of have a bed and if you have the luxury of driving a DAF XF you have a really good bed.

• @jasongonzales4946
    @jasongonzales4946 4 года назад +3

👉🙋‍♂️ over 40! I still crank “Mama said knock you out”! That truck needs the fat front tire too.

• @KenworthofRichfield

That's hilarious as I was listening to that song again on my way to the office today.....and 42 here in a few weeks.

• @wantu2much
    @wantu2much 4 года назад +4

Hey, i know you have mentioned set forward and set back axles, in passing before, i was wondering if you could go into further detail, and use case for both axles. are they truck specific? or they dependent on setup from the order sheet?

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  4 года назад +3

It's pretty much truck specific. T800 is set back. T880 is set back. T880S is set forward. W900 is set forward. T680 is more set back type. Set back is a shorter wheelbase offering a tighter turning radius and keeps more of the engine weight on the front axle. Set forward spreads engine weight just a touch, but mainly is to give a better ride quality and also to give a longer bridge length to make it so you can carry a bit more weight.

• @waynenorbreyjr9371
    @waynenorbreyjr9371 4 года назад +1

What's going on there Josh! The ole T800, the boss just picked up a new T800 7 axle last Wednesday. The T800 wasn't my cup of tea once Kenworth announced the T880, but it is still a great truck that still looks good. Kenworth has me sold on the wider cab.

• @KenworthofRichfield

Yeah......I like the wider cab also.....but the T800 was a tremendous jumping off point to go with that wider cab. :D

• @waynenorbreyjr9371

A plain white truck gives you the opportunity to do a cool looking wrap or partial wrap to give your truck some character.

• @futurehunter_1
    @futurehunter_1 3 года назад

About time. Just what I'll be needing to make so good money.

• @barfieldthesandman6841
    @barfieldthesandman6841 3 года назад

The t800 with everything that is shown in the video can you get these with a automatic transmission? And can it be specd to pull 60,000?

• @Turbo-6
    @Turbo-6 4 года назад +2

Thank you, another great video, rear gears?

• @KenworthofRichfield

3.70 It's funny that you ask. While editing the video I was thinking "You moron, you forgot to mention the gears". lol

• @hersonlascari9071
    @hersonlascari9071 2 года назад

You forgot to mention that the sleeper does not require an extra AC blower or condenser which is way easier if you have to fix your AC system

• @oliverfitch6301
    @oliverfitch6301 4 года назад +4

Love coffin sleepers

• @KenworthofRichfield

hahahahahaha. Cozy, right? LOL

• @pecheur1951
      @pecheur1951 4 года назад +1

@@KenworthofRichfield they might be tiny but at least you can really rest. Just don't forget to set an alarm 😉

• @blainegodley1437
    @blainegodley1437 3 года назад +1

Love me some 8 bags suspension

• @bradcoddington1679
    @bradcoddington1679 3 года назад

I had a 2000 t800b with a c12 cat in it and a 13 with 370s in in and the exact same wheelbase it scaled out at 16800 with full fuel 200 gal had the duel stacks between the doors and sleeper. Sometimes I wish I would have never sold it

• @a-dog8075
    @a-dog8075 4 года назад +1

Where do you get the music again? Sorry. Love your content!

• @georgewilson1184
    @georgewilson1184 4 года назад +2

Nice I like t800 I prefer the black rubber air lines those red n blue curly q lines are troublesome in cold weather and in my opinion they cheapen a nice tractor

• @KenworthofRichfield

I get it......but it makes things so much better when it comes to diagnostics and repair.

• @danale7518
    @danale7518 2 года назад

How much extra weight does that sleeper ad

• @thei8scope260
    @thei8scope260 4 года назад +1

Can you get disc brake with the AG400?

• @jerrykinnin7941
    @jerrykinnin7941 4 года назад +1

I love it.
    I love the disc brakes.
    Is there an advantage to an aluminum frame?
    My T880 daycab scales out full fuel
    (160 gal) at 18,320 lbs.
    I've heard of T800's with that small bunk being as lite as 15ish.
    Lite weight more freight.
    End of frame clearance.
    Why does KW have 18inches of frame behind the airbag. I pull container chassis it gets in the way.
    So I'm forced to run the 5thwheel
    Dead center of tandems. That is my only complaint with kw.

• @KenworthofRichfield

Aluminum frames were done for a little while, but it was found that the weight savings wasn't worth the cost and it didn't end up being a huge amount of weight saved by the time you made them work as frame rails. 15k is very attainable with a small T800....but it's pretty easy to get a T880 in that range also if you spec it right.

• @jacobdemars1318
    @jacobdemars1318 4 года назад +2

Say, how about the aerocab flattop sleeper? Is that going to make a comeback!?

• @stevemarroquin9766
    @stevemarroquin9766 4 года назад +1

Say does Kenworth still produce the T800 High Hood???

• @KenworthofRichfield

I don't believe so.......but I could be wrong. I haven't seen one come through here in 2 years.

• @miguelangelplascencia3007
    @miguelangelplascencia3007 4 года назад +1

Hoy jueves 21, 2020 , miré uno igual . Pero con su caja refrigerada integrada al chasis . Ese troque lo e visto aqui en la Península de Baja California , Méx.

• @carmiethompson2676
    @carmiethompson2676 4 года назад +1

The big air can breathers don't take up that much fuel. A T800 spec'd like you have isn't droning on the highway all day so for me the 'cans' make the truck cooler. Just me.

• @markraouf6976
    @markraouf6976 4 года назад +1

Any truck looks better without those chrome kegs. Barrel looking monstrosities is what I call them. Sharp truck. Looks really smooth.

• @KenworthofRichfield

Haha. Love it! An uncommon opinion that I can definitely get behind.

• @waynenorbreyjr9371

That's one thing about the T800, it looks good with or without the external air cleaners.

• @aaronspicer949
    @aaronspicer949 4 года назад +2

Did I miss the wheelbase???

• @georgewilson1184
    @georgewilson1184 4 года назад +2

My mistake on the airlines those are not those curly q things

• @jesusgodjr9873
    @jesusgodjr9873 2 года назад

What so funny, when i want a good sleep i get out my hoise and lay inside my truck listening to the engine all pain gone.

• @frankswain9483
    @frankswain9483 4 года назад +1

I don't think you mentioned the weight; but you said it would be good. How about a hint, or more. :~)

• @jerrykinnin7941
    @jerrykinnin7941 3 года назад

I would love to have one. Big cummins 13 speed 390 rears
    Wet kit 48inch tall 5thwheel.
    11r225 ruber. On classic Alcoas
    Single tank 150 gal under drivers door. Single stubby stack up the pass side. Small battery box pass side 220 wb. Disc brakes a must. The white is perfect.
    Need old school cowl mounted mirrors with spots top and bottom.
    I pull dumps afterall. Big white dumb steering wheel. Old school doors with the wing windows. Too many gravel roads for a window in the sleeper.

• @pjtemplin
    @pjtemplin 4 года назад +1

DEF tank - seems they're all plastic and some have the shiny lipstick. I realize DEF and aluminum aren't good friends...would a steel tank be too heavy and/or not polish up well?

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  4 года назад +3

DEF just doesn't play well with metal period which is why most of the lines and that are plastic. :D

• @waynenorbreyjr9371

I will definitely rather have the stack on the driver side. Lol, I'm all about the look kinda guy.

• @KenworthofRichfield

hahahaha. I understand the look....I do. But I'm a "what let's it make money" kinda guy. lol

• @waynenorbreyjr9371
      @waynenorbreyjr9371 4 года назад

@@KenworthofRichfield
      Lol, I'ma look good and make money at the same time. Can't go wrong with either way.

• @stevemarroquin9766
    @stevemarroquin9766 4 года назад +3

1:57 what was that GMC van doing racing around the corner like that?? Good swerve T800 driver...

• @jaykoehn4106
    @jaykoehn4106 3 года назад +2

Yes it’s perfect except for emissions crap.. delete it for me for the same price and I’d buy it tomorrow..😂

• @KenworthofRichfield
      @KenworthofRichfield  3 года назад +1

Interestingly enough, guys that don't idle, don't have problems. :D

• @juststuffwithwolfe4482
    @juststuffwithwolfe4482 4 года назад +1

Hello from Australia I like to learn about American trucks because I might wanna drive trucks after I drive trucks in Australia but anyway I’m not a fan of the smart wheel it is good but u can’t put a custom one on and the trucks in the US have much nicer interior then our trucks in Australia
    Ps why doesn’t trucks in the US have wheel gards

• @KenworthofRichfield

Thanks for watching! I'm not sure why we don't use the wheel guards here.

• @juststuffwithwolfe4482
      @juststuffwithwolfe4482 4 года назад

Ohh ok u know some Americans want to have the cab over back like the k200 we have in Australia

• @p1kkujuha
      @p1kkujuha 4 года назад

It's possible to install a custom steering wheel with a smart wheel option but it's a lengthy process which often involves full custom dashboard and those smartwheel controls moved to another location like door or armrest. I've seen a few done like this in Europe.

• @roosthrower
    @roosthrower 4 года назад +1

When is kenworth goin to put twin airbag on steer like peterbilt.

• @chc754
    @chc754 4 года назад +2

Why do they still use glass headlights...lol so outdated for 2021

• @KenworthofRichfield

I can understand your saying that, but these trucks have stayed largely the same for 20+ years as far as the exterior is concerned......and that's just how it was.

• @chc754
      @chc754 4 года назад

@@KenworthofRichfield indeed

• @jasonbishop7356
    @jasonbishop7356 4 года назад

Unsatisfied by my 2018 t680 shifts like shit and crash sensor is a POS