Speaker Repair Boston Acoustics Woofer Foam Repair for PV600 and T1030

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 15 авг 2022
  • This video shows the installation of the filled filet foam surrounds for Boston Acoustics PV600 and T1030 woofer. Filled filet surrounds are unique in that they use a flange-less inside attachment lip. They are also a very soft, high compliance part which provides excellent bass response.
    These surrounds were used by many popular vintage east coast speaker brands like Advent, Acoustic Research, Boston Acoustics, EPI, Electro-Voice, and Genesis. Visit our website to shop speaker foam repair kits for all makes and models at www.SimplySpeakers.com
    Speaker repair kits used in this video:
    BA-FSK-828:
    www.simplyspeakers.com/boston...
    BS-FSK-1028:
    www.simplyspeakers.com/boston...
    Shop all of our New-Edge-It® speaker repair kits. America's # 1 brand since 1992!
    www.simplyspeakers.com/speake...
  • ХоббиХобби

Комментарии • 15

• @shawnbaxter1001
    @shawnbaxter1001 Год назад +3

Just finished replacing the foams on my Optimus-50 (early 80s) Realistiic speakers with your product...worked great and easy with your RUclips tutorials!

• @sccarguy
    @sccarguy Год назад +1

That's a really nice vintage receiver sitting on the test bench!

• @ken444444
    @ken444444 7 месяцев назад

I have re-foamed 6 or 8 pairs of speakers over the years and my experience is nearly identical as detailed here. The glue takes a few minutes to set up and you have to keep working the surround and ensuring it is bonding correctly to the mating surface. After 3 or 5 minutes the glue gets really tacky and starts to grab. The challenge for me is accidently getting stray glue on my fingers or on the cone. This can be cleaned off with the right solvent but I don't remember offhand what solvent that is. Centering the voice coil is also as described here: check for friction using your fingers and ears while exercising the cone in 4 quadrants. If one area is draging, then pull the cone in the opposite direction. Then re-check. Keep re-checking as thge glue starts to set up. Done.

• @airwolf1337
    @airwolf1337 Год назад +1

Nice to see a video from you. Like everytime, much to learn. Thanks :).

• @charlied7571
    @charlied7571 Год назад +1

I have seen so many BA speakers being sold as “re-foamed” that have the wrong surrounds. Filled filet or flange-less surrounds are what Boston Acoustics used on their design, and this is what should be used when re-foaming them. The correct surround does not cost that much more than the generic dual-flange ones that everyone seems to use on these.

• @rozzbourn3653
    @rozzbourn3653 Год назад

i have an REAudio se x version 1 12" subwoofer that has a rather large surround that received a rather large rip. i cant seem to find a replacement surround for it after browsing through your amazon listings. it has about a 7.75" inside diameter.

• @simplyspeakers
      @simplyspeakers  Год назад

Send an email to us at: info@simplyspeakers.com and we will see if we can find a match for you.

• @user-vy7kc3fn2l
    @user-vy7kc3fn2l 9 месяцев назад

Being the novice I am, I used a bit more glue than I should have. You mentioned in your video 'we' could go back and clean it up but you never got back to that process. Please elucidate.

• @simplyspeakers
      @simplyspeakers  9 месяцев назад

A q-tip and acetone does the trick every time. :)

• @bionicos
    @bionicos Год назад +1

no speak english - video is good men