Craftsman T2200 42" Riding Mower | Features and Components Does this Replace the T210?

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 6 сен 2024
  • ХоббиХобби

Комментарии • 141

• @stevemay270
    @stevemay270 Год назад +6

I bought a T2200 from Lowes about 4 weeks ago. It's still early in the mowing season here in Georgia in 2023 but I do have one comment on this mower. For whatever reason the headlights are ON all the time. Why in the world would they not include a light switch? I'm not driving it on the road! Jeesh!!
    Anyways, I bought a toggle switch through Amazon and installed it in the knockout panel position where ... maybe an upgraded model has a light switch. What a cheap thing to do. Why would they not include a light switch??!! I also bought 2 LED lamps to replace the incandescent lamps that came with the mower. Much much brighter.

• @gkins1907
    @gkins1907 18 дней назад

I purchased one of these from Lowes last year. It had issues with the choke sticking, wiring, starting, back firing and safety lockouts.
    I took it back. Looking at reviews like this that were positive I decided that I must have just gotten a lemon. So I got another one.
    Then I discovered these new blades are patented so you can only by the S blades. And they are definitely S. They wear out in half the time of other blades like the 6 star. They get you on the price. Currently $60 a set. Twice what the older blades cost.
    The second one ran well, performed well for about 5 weeks. Then the choke started sticking. Then the transmission anti-roll lock that stops the mower quit working. Yesterday I noticed the mower slowing and a strange noise coming from the transmission. I called the 'authorized' repair shop and they notified me that the 'Warranty' does not cover the engine or it's components like the carb. They also told me the 'Warranty' does not cover the transmission. I'm not sure what the 3 year warranty that LOWES advertises covers. Apparently not the mower.
    I paid more than double for this mower than what I paid for a Poulan Pro (Husqvarna) 6 years ago and have a $2500 piece of junk. Never again. I'll be going back to Husqvarna.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  17 дней назад

Wow. Horrible experience. Thanks for sharing. Personably, I would be calling Craftsman for warranty coverage, not Lowe’s

• @josephwashington6658
    @josephwashington6658 2 года назад +7

Man you are damn professional on these lawnmower. I just left lowe's. And that was the first thing I wanted to look at was lawnmower. And love the looks of the 2200. Keep us up dated.

• @bryangrim6021
    @bryangrim6021 8 месяцев назад +1

I think some of these honestly sit out in front of the big box stores for so long that they begin to rust. I saw the same thing at Home Depot and tractor supply. I wish they could keep everything under a roof, but I guess they just can’t. I even see this at certain dealerships for lawn equipment. This was a great comparison video. Thank you.

• @bigk3381
    @bigk3381 Год назад +1

In 2005 I bought an (MTD) Poulan Pro 300EX w/ Kohler 19 Courage and had very few issues, just age. Last year 2022 I sold it for $600 and bought the T2200, mostly because it's MTD & with the Kohler 19.5. I'm 6'7" & 300lbs and the T2200 is a huge upgrade from 17yrs ago. Dotting on the Turn Tight, Foot controlled forward & reverse and not to forget the Seat.! Now, I just happened to buy mine off the truck and not sitting outside of Lowe's for months and my mowers are kept in barn, so...
    June 2023 is 1yr of ownership and I'm hoping for at least 16 more with minimal issues. Thanks for your channel and God bless.

• @JayFarm_23
      @JayFarm_23 4 месяца назад +2

someone said the forward and reverse are on the same pedal. is this true? thanks!!

• @bigk3381
      @bigk3381 4 месяца назад +1

@@JayFarm_23 No... if you've ever ridden a motorcycle with a heel toe shifter it's kind of like that but on the right side. It's a fluid motion with no problems. There's also a button that you can push so you can cut going forward and going in reverse. I've had it for about 2 years now and really enjoy it.
      ✌🏼God Bless

• @JayFarm_23
      @JayFarm_23 4 месяца назад +1

@@bigk3381 I've never rode a motorcycle. guess I'll figure it out LoL thanks

• @bigk3381
      @bigk3381 4 месяца назад

@@JayFarm_23 Understood... Its seriously no problem at all.

• @gkins1907
      @gkins1907 18 дней назад

Don't count on it. Quality on these newer mowers is terrible. Warranty? What warranty? I've had 2 in a year. Both turned out to be bad purchases.

• @mr.astrophysics9115
    @mr.astrophysics9115 2 года назад +3

Also I would add the housing on the Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic Transmission is Cast aluminum...Cast aluminum is very strong and very durable..

• @bobl185
    @bobl185 2 года назад +2

I'll stick with my T210, your the reason I bought one, lol ..not one single problem going into the second year, back yard is over 1/2 acre, front yard is almost as big. Does everything it was described to do, just put the cruise on and ride....I remember the day I was shopping for a riding mower and ran across you review on your purchase of a Craftsman T210, it sold me, the closest thing you can get to a Zero Turn for sure...

• @tarstarkusz
      @tarstarkusz 2 года назад

I'm so glad I don't need a riding mower. The quality has come way down along with parts availability in the last 20 years.
      So much stuff is throwaway these days. The parts market is largely responsible. So much stuff is just not economic to fix because the parts get marked up so much. Like if the crank or cam failed on this thing, it wouldn't be worth fixing, especially 5 or 10 years from now.

• @bobl185
      @bobl185 2 года назад

@@tarstarkusz
      If with proper care and maintenance I get 10 or more years it would pay for itself 10 times over, I tried my Honda self propelled mower once, and that's the last time walking 5 miles. So the cost of the mower minus the $150 a month for my Gardner will pay for itself in a short time. So I'll just put my made in USA steel craftsman mower on cruise control and relax..but I do understand what your point is, just don't agree with it a 100%.,..

• @tarstarkusz
      @tarstarkusz 2 года назад +1

@@bobl185 I don't need one because I don't have the amount of lawn that makes one necessary.
      What I meant is that the parts market is so bad for a lot of power equipment that you can just buy another one for what it costs to fix. I have seen and heard of riding lawnmowers junked because it needs a new cutting deck (the whole assembly) because of rust or something or a blown engine on a 10 year old machine that is otherwise in good shape. So unless you can do the work yourself and get the assembly used, it is simply not economical to repair it.
      In my mind, this is all caused by one thing and that is we buy the equipment new based on outsourced labor costs, but when it breaks, we have to pay an American (with American salary needs and bills) for either the parts or the labor to fix it. This mismatch is so great that if we were buying cars from China and Vietnam and Thailand, we wouldn't be able to anything but the easiest repairs because it would be cheaper to just buy a new car than pay an American to fix it.

• @bobl185
      @bobl185 2 года назад +1

@@tarstarkusz
      I understand fully about parts and labor costs, that's another reason I won't take my lawn equipment to a shop for repairs, I have learned to fix just about any issues myself. Like you have stated, they will charge you almost what the mower is worth !!!! Haven't had too many issues with getting parts, but have had to get some from eBay. My year old craftsman has many parts just waiting to be installed when needed, it's easier to buy the parts that wear out when the mower is newer, when it gets over 5 years old parts are very hard to get, not to mention very expensive....but like you say, after 5 years or more how much is your mower worth ? and how much are you willing to put into it instead of just buying a new one ? LOL

• @aeondragon4197
    @aeondragon4197 2 года назад +3

Mine was definitely built on a friday as the quality control was lacking. I got a T240 in 2020 which came with a slow leaking front left tire. Battery failed at 4 hours on the clock or 5 months old. At 9.4 hours 1 season it got a stretched throttle cable so now shes a hard start. I remove the hood and manually operate the butterfly to start it now. MTD will dodge warranty work any way they can don't bother.

• @gkins1907
      @gkins1907 18 дней назад

Similar problems here. I'm considering filing a false advertising suit against LOWES they claim a 3 year warranty, turns out half of the mower isn't warrantied, and a suit against MTD for not honoring the advertised warranty. All sorts of problems.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  17 дней назад

@gkins1907 I have a friend that has one of the many MTD variants (Toro) that he bought at Lowe’s and his transmission was replaced under warranty.

• @GrandPrix46
    @GrandPrix46 2 года назад

I paid $100 for my '03 LT2000, has a 22hp Intek V twin on it that surprisingly fired right up after sitting outside for 2 years with a ton of junk in the carb bowl (that I later removed to clean after determining the engine and trans were in good shape). From now on my lawn equipment gets ethanol free fuel only.
    Tye hp doesn't really matter because it's a lawn tractor and can't do what a garden tractor can do(hydro gear trans), it's just to cut grass and pull a small cart around. Currently in pieces as I wait for parts to come in from Amazon, and I decide on a color scheme to paint it. Considering using bedliner on the whole thing, kind of like that look and it's durable.

• @MikeX50
    @MikeX50 2 года назад +2

Thanks for the video! I saw your t210 video a few months ago and wanted to buy that mower however it has been discontinued. As a result a few weeks ago I bought the t2200. Lowe's has been storing them outside since mid February. I am in the central Ohio area and it has been snowing and raining a lot and these mowers have been sitting outside the whole time. Because of this I asked for the Lowe's manager and told him I would not buy one unless it was new and had not been outside. Fortunately they still had one in the back that had just been put together. My mower looks a lot cleaner than the one you were videotaping. I do like the mower but I thought the manual said it had a 9-in turning radius not a 5 in? I have used the mower twice and so far like it but it is a bumpier ride than an older John Deere that I had and the motor and the lower idle position does not run as smooth as I think it should. I would say the John Deere seat was more comfortable as well. Appreciate all your videos and hopefully you'll have a chance to post some maintenance videos for us average Joe's 🙂

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 года назад

Congrats on the mower! Spec listing for the T2200 says: 5-in. Turn Tight radius
      I have an oil change video. I have also filmed the incremental 10hr services. Hopefully I can edit all that footage together at some point

• @MikeX50
      @MikeX50 2 года назад

@@kev-reviews Thanks Kev and appreciate you clearing up the turning radius - it does turn nicely. Keeping my fingers crossed for a long mower life! Right now,they are all expensive and/or in short supply.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 года назад +1

I couldn’t believe the prices when I found this one in stock. 2 years ago my T210 was 1799 regular price. I paid $1599 about a month before prices started slowly creeping up

• @2990rick
      @2990rick 2 года назад +1

yea I just got the 2200 from lowe's also I am in northern ohio and yep mine too was setting in the rain ,,,, BUT so far I like very well

• @MikeX50
      @MikeX50 2 года назад +4

@@Captain_Sweatpants_945 i mistakenly thought that whoever set these up for Lowes inflated the tires correctly. After the third cut and how rough the ride was, I checked the tires psi - all of them were more than double the max as stated on the sidewall! I deflated to the recommended psi and the ride is much much better.

• @MrIMCP
    @MrIMCP 2 года назад +1

I love my T210! On year 3 no issues, just maintenance every season.

• @j.m.1389
    @j.m.1389 2 года назад +1

Thanks for making this video! I was curious at the differences besides the seat and the Lowe's associate was no better help than usual.

• @DavidJackson-mw3xr
    @DavidJackson-mw3xr 2 года назад +1

David Jackson. Nice video and great information. Thank you. Now Just at random I lower my deck to the lowest level to get super short bc I was planting some sod. Well my belt came off and now my blades do not turn. I would love to see a video on how to replace the belt so I can start mowing again. Thanks again for this video.

• @mr.astrophysics9115
    @mr.astrophysics9115 2 года назад +7

It's made by MTD to the Craftsman Specs big difference

• @kev-reviews

Since they’re both owned by the same company how does that make a difference? Craftsman has never had its own mfg facilities

• @mr.astrophysics9115
      @mr.astrophysics9115 2 года назад +2

@@kev-reviews because the Craftsman brand and MTD mowers are different..2021 Craftsman T240 Turn Tight or MTD? Craftsman T240 Turn Tight Lawn/Garden tractor by a country mile..it's built to last and it's heavy there are also different variations of the Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic Transmission even a heavy duty K46 model..

• @mr.astrophysics9115
      @mr.astrophysics9115 Год назад +2

@@kev-reviews craftsman the name has there way and MTD makes there's to the MTD specs you should have already known this

• @BlueberryStinkFinger62
      @BlueberryStinkFinger62 Год назад

​@KevReview craftsman has there own ways of doing things..it's like a guitar Jackson made in the Cort Facility it's made by Cort but to the Jackson brand Specs

• @joshtheinflatableking
    @joshtheinflatableking 2 года назад +2

Thank you so much for making this video

• @robs9324
    @robs9324 2 года назад +1

I just bought a used T210 on July 3rd with 12 hours on it for $800. Hoping it'll last as long as my Stanley riding mower did

• @redragout
    @redragout 2 года назад

Impressed… your assessment was very thorough and useful. Never had a riding myself but researching they RUclips is helping me make my decision. Thx Kevin

• @therrienmichael08
    @therrienmichael08 3 месяца назад

I couldn't buy off the lot i heard people will pick parts off them. Plus like you said sitting for months I saw a Toro started at HD and there was smoke pouring out of it.

• @tarstarkusz
    @tarstarkusz 2 года назад +5

6:29 They're probably just lying about the power. What are you gonna do, take out the engine and hook it up to a dyno? This is getting very common.
    I was watching a review of a 2000 watt generator the other day that was rated to 1400 watts continuous and with a HP rating to make that possible. Yet, the electrical system is fused at under a KW and the generator fell on its face and stalled if you put more than 940 (IIRC) watt load on it. This was a generator available at places like Walmart, Home Depot and the like, though it might have been mail only. They also included a paper saying the warranty was void if you bought it online.

• @dougse-bike9770
      @dougse-bike9770 2 года назад

Small engine dynos are very common. Kohler has a reputation to uphold and aren't likely to jeopardize it so Craftsman can sell more mowers. I sold my hydraulic dyno last summer but still have my water brake dyno. Most small engine shops that are into racing will have a dyno.

• @fmixthings
    @fmixthings 2 года назад +1

I want the T2400 but can't get one. The T3200 is available so I may order it instead. I really want the tight turn and wish others would come up with something like it. I'm a little worried on the transmission now though. May have to check them out before I buy. I currently have a 9 year old Troy Bilt Bronco 42" with a 20HP Kohler. It rocks but the turn radius could be better.

• @robertrich4756
    @robertrich4756 11 месяцев назад

Great video. Guess I'd eliminate the T2200 because of the inferior transmission. Guess Black & Decker counts on consumers not knowing the difference. Wrong.

• @matthewsetzer9896
    @matthewsetzer9896 2 месяца назад

Now I'm thinking about getting the cub cadet

• @Cookie-Dough-Dynamo
    @Cookie-Dough-Dynamo 4 месяца назад

The only 2 things that matter on a mower are:
    Transaxle
    Engine
    Everything else is shiny stuff. If the transaxle has been downgraded and they're charging more money, people are getting screwed.

• @MrIMCP
    @MrIMCP 2 года назад

Stanley BD has actually now bought all of MTD , which means that SBD now owns Cub and TroyBilt. I wonder how they will differentiate the brands from now on.

• @timr31908
    @timr31908 Год назад +1

Looks like one of those red Cub cadets

• @davidobrian5623
    @davidobrian5623 2 года назад

I love my T240 I’m looking at buying that new front bumper for it

• @kev-reviews

That is a nice looking bumper

• @jerrywhite3279
    @jerrywhite3279 Год назад

Thank U For Your Deatail Infor You Give🙏👍 plus You are very Detailed in your shareing Info God Bless🌈

• @aaronspring3767
    @aaronspring3767 2 года назад +1

Can we talk about the green oil? Or did I miss that part?

• @alphadragongamingFTW
    @alphadragongamingFTW 2 года назад +1

it amazing how all these mowers are basically the same lol. I just bought a Cub Cadet which aside from the shape of the hood and color is almost identical to this.. I wanted to get this one but I could not find any turn tights so I ended up going with the Cub Cadet which I liked.

• @Pontiac2001GT
      @Pontiac2001GT Год назад

Cub Cadet is made by the same company as the Craftsman, MTD. Along with Troy Bilt, Yard Man, Yard Machines, etc…

• @unti419
    @unti419 Год назад

One way some manufacturers raise their HP is to rate it at a slightly higher RPM. Briggs did this years ago when the 3hp jumped to 4 and then to 4.5. Exact same engine.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад

Thanks for sharing
      Edit: didn’t they get sued for their HP claims?

• @unti419
      @unti419 Год назад

@@kev-reviews I don't know for sure. I know there were some air compressor companies that got sued for vastly overstating their HP.

• @unti419
      @unti419 Год назад

@@kev-reviews I don't know. But there were some air compressor manufacturers that were vastly over rating their HP. I remember walking into a tool store that had 5HP compressors that had a 15 amp 120 volt cord. That is mathematically impossible.. The tags on the motors did not list a HP but they said "SPL" which was a legal way to get away with it.. They can't do that any more, legally. But I'm sure they found a way around it. From what I read, they would spin the motor up to speed, then lock it up instantly. The brake HP it took to stop the running motor became the rated HP.

• @MasterHomebrew
    @MasterHomebrew 3 месяца назад

Stronger motor and weaker transmission doesn't make sense to me. The corrosion issues are also a problem for me. They could have hit that aluminum with a clear coat and it would stay nice for years.

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 2 года назад +2

I have a 2021 Craftsman T240 Turn Tight with the Kohler 7000 22 horsepower 725cc V Twin engine..this mower I have seen in some places in 2022 are selling for $4,000 these tractors John deere and Husqvarna can't touch

• @mr.astrophysics9115
      @mr.astrophysics9115 2 года назад +2

Absolutely agree with you

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 2 года назад +2

@@mr.astrophysics9115 it's hilarious how tractor claim the John deere lawn and garden tractor is the best buy it Now! and you know there lying through there Teeth because you have the Craftsman T240 T260 T310 out there that literally wipes the deeres off the map in quality of build

• @williamrhea3535
    @williamrhea3535 Месяц назад

No help, I want to know how to take the front wheels off. Good to know it has cup holders though.

• @rodneybland3616
    @rodneybland3616 Год назад

I appreciate the review, it provides insight. It sounds like it is not worth looking for a T210 on the after-market because they may not be supporting the unit since supply chain issues. Also would you ever go back to a T110 or that would also risk obsolescence?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад +2

It’s the same parts used in the T2200 and many other MTD-made mowers, so I wouldn’t worry about parts supply. There’s lots out there for it and other MTD mowers. I prefer hydrostatic transmissions, so I couldn’t see myself stepping down to a T110 unless financial necessities were the major driver of a purchase.

• @robs9324
    @robs9324 2 года назад

The S on the blade looks like a galaxy

• @phillipdemry9346
    @phillipdemry9346 2 года назад +1

Thanks Kev

• @alphadragongamingFTW
    @alphadragongamingFTW 2 года назад

Also on note I looked up the Transmission on my soon to purchase Cub Cadet Xt1 LT42 Transmission and it says it has the Tuff Torq K46, So from hearing in your video that is the good Transmission I presume. So I feel good now about that :) But heck anything should be better than my 15 year old Poulan 38 inch 15.5hp mower :) It served me well though. Never ever had any major issues. Wonder what I could sell this for lol.

• @kev-reviews

Congrats on the new mower!

• @singletona082
    @singletona082 2 года назад

Seeing a lot of comments have been swept away. Huh.
    Still, nice review kev.

• @kev-reviews

Thanks, but what are you talking about with the comments?

• @singletona082
      @singletona082 2 года назад

@@kev-reviews Earlier saw this. commented. saw several other comment chains that now nolonger exist.
      Maybe i'm just having a schitzophrenic episode or something.
      I like the kev reviews videos. Thank you for weighing in on the new model that seems to have superceeded yours.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 года назад +2

Interesting as I’ve only deleted one comment that was spamming for some Brazilian dating site. I haven’t seen any other comments aside from the few that are currently posted. 🤷‍♂️

• @singletona082
      @singletona082 2 года назад +1

@@kev-reviews I believe you man. Just 'HUH that's damend odd wonder if Kev knows what's going on.'
      RUclips at its finest folks.

• @dougse-bike9770
    @dougse-bike9770 2 года назад

I have a 2017 T7800 Pro Series which is a very similar model, it gets a lot of use and no plastic has cracked or broken. The deck paint didn't last and the mulching plug is a joke, mulching isn't this mowers forte. The deck design allows clippings to accumulate unmulched unil they drop to the ground leaving clumps, even at slow speeds (slower than the cruise control can be set to).

• @kev-reviews

Thanks for sharing. I’ve had good luck with mulched grass/leaves being mulched without clumps. What I’ve had an issue with is that absolutely useless mulch plug!

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 Год назад +1

The newer versions of the Craftsman Turn Tight Series have been downgraded..from the original exclusive Run models 2019 to 2021 especially the transmission..

• @JL-oj7nr
    @JL-oj7nr 2 года назад

I bought the t2200 yesterday in Tampa Fl. It’s been so hard to find but I finally found a store with 1. I returned it today after seeing your info on the s blade. I couldn’t find the mulching kit anywhere. I saw you post the Mtd blades but can’t find the whole kit anywhere. I ended up exchanging it out for the t110k. Now I’m wondering what kind of blade kit it takes! If it’s the one that’s readily available in stores or the s blade just like the 2200. Do you happen to know?

• @kev-reviews

I’m not familiar with the ‘K’ variant of the T110. If you have the mower already you can raise the hood and look at the sticker on the inside of the hood. It will tell you the part number for the blades. You can use that to look up the blade to see what type mount it fits

• @barbiesawada245
    @barbiesawada245 Год назад +1

Love my two year old T210 ... Cut 1.75 acres weekly and it's almost fun to get on this mower and cut. Seen another video where it seems the carburetor has been a issue with this 18 horsepower Kolher. Gas in the oil , the plastic float does not play well with Ethonal gas.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад +2

I don’t use ethanol on small engines. Especially ones that tend to sit for weeks at a time and have a carburetor for just this reason. Non-ethanol keeps carb issues from happening usually

• @CRich715
    @CRich715 Год назад +2

These newer models are a downgrade..the k46 comes with 56 different variations so witch k46 are you talking about..

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 Год назад +2

Yes they do different variations of the k46 for different sizes and weight tractors it's not one k46 fits all

• @jonathantyree8172
    @jonathantyree8172 Год назад

Can yay basic transmission be upgraded to a heavier duty transmission?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад +1

Hello. Are you asking if a different transmission could be used?

• @jonathantyree8172
      @jonathantyree8172 Год назад

@@kev-reviews yessir.

• @txmatt2112
    @txmatt2112 2 года назад

What size torque wrench would you recommend for use on my mower?

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 Год назад +1

Indeed the newer craftsman Tight turn tractors are a downgrade from the previous models the seat brush bar and 1 horsepower more isn't significant not at all.. I have a 22 horsepower 725cc V Twin Kohler 7000 series in mine but mine has the k46 transmission not that weak cheap Tl200 my Craftsman Turn Tight is also built to last..not surprised craftsman did this they all do it new models the first couple of years are built very good then when the brands see that it has sold well the cheap it up next round.

• @DaveBoss302
    @DaveBoss302 2 года назад

Kev, I just got a T2200 from Lowe's mostly due to that right turn radius. I'm looking for the mulch kit for it, but no one has it! Any idea of an MTD equivalent? As you mention, 2200 had those "S" holes.

• @kev-reviews

That’s a new pattern so I guess lowe’s didn’t stock up in the mulch kit yet. These are the mulch blades that fit it:
      www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cadet-Original-Equipment-Mulching-Blades-for-42-in-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mowers-with-S-Shape-Center-OE-742P05720-742-05720-490-110-C207/316769760
      The mulch plug is so crappy even the generic Amazon ones are going to perform the same, so you can piece together the kit

• @brandengoss2289
    @brandengoss2289 2 года назад +1

Wait a minute Husqvarna bought the mower division and you can Husqvarna parts cheaper and put them on the older mowers

• @kev-reviews

MTD, as of 12/1/21 is now 100% owned by Stanley Black & Decker.

• @antonioromano6269
    @antonioromano6269 Год назад

Thank you!!

• @johnsos24
    @johnsos24 Год назад

Thank you, Kev!!
    What do you use to keep the chute deflector in the up position?

• @kev-reviews

I kept the metal bracket that was part of the original packing. I zip tie it into place when I’m using the mulch plug to keep the chute up.

• @johnsos24
      @johnsos24 Год назад

@@kev-reviews Thank you! My chute was down on delivery, No bracket!! 😡
      Thanks for your time and all the great content!!

• @kev-reviews

Thanks. You may be able to visit your local Lowe’s and ask for one from packaging if a beer unboxed mower

• @Ejourneytohealth
    @Ejourneytohealth Год назад

Do you think the T2200 can tow a 27 ton log splitter(about 500lbs) across the yard if I get a ball hitch?

• @mikekillin471
    @mikekillin471 2 года назад

Cant make up my mind cub or a craftsmen good videos h town in tired of pushing a mower n houston tx heat

• @kev-reviews

That was the same decision I was stuck deciding between. Both have traits that I like

• @MariaGomez-xt8sz
    @MariaGomez-xt8sz 2 года назад

ESTA BATERIA SE PUEDE UTILIZAR CON EL MODELO 247 288842??

• @fatbikearcticnomad2122
    @fatbikearcticnomad2122 2 года назад

Love this channel

• @keithbaumgartner730
    @keithbaumgartner730 Год назад

I just bought a T-3200 and I can’t find any info on it anywhere!

• @loneranger5349
    @loneranger5349 4 месяца назад

Skip ahead to 6 minutes the difference is the transmission is weaker battery is weaker price is higher. CAPITALISM is American as apple pie.

• @gaspardsamedy9475
    @gaspardsamedy9475 2 года назад

I got my T 210 back in September 2121 and already the reverse is not always working. I have to quickly press the other gas pedal and put my foot and press the reverse pedal. It used to work fine and I have not used it much
    Also…how to set the cruise control on it?

• @loneranger5349

Ok I'm watching and still waiting for you to say what you said you were goi g to say. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCES????? 6 minutes into this video and he's a salesman

• @CRich715
    @CRich715 Год назад +2

I have a 2021 craftsman T240 Turn Tight tractor it's built like a little tank John deere or Husqvarna couldn't touch this tractor in quality of build..I'm glad I got mine when I did it's seems craftsman has downgraded these newer models..

• @ericdolby1622
    @ericdolby1622 Год назад

I believe the identical Troy Built is $200 less

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад

Troy Bilt 42” riding mowers don’t have the turn tight turning radius and has a different engine.

• @ericdolby1622
      @ericdolby1622 Год назад

@@kev-reviews that certainly explains it. Maybe you would know. I am interested in the T240 or T2400. Do you happen to know which hydro trans they use? K46?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад

From what I’ve read they went with a TL-200 for the T2400 which is a slightly lower spec than the K46 🙁

• @ericdolby1622
      @ericdolby1622 Год назад

@@kev-reviews thank you for this. Now the hunt to find a T240 or just spend the doe on a John Deere S240 42 inch with K46 and Kawasaki v twin. $3300. Ouch.

• @jimtolen2689
    @jimtolen2689 2 месяца назад

I own a Craftsman T2200 built in 2014. It is not the same as this

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 месяца назад

Yeah. They recycled an older model number. Same with the T210. I think there was a Sears version of the T210 before Craftsman got bought by SBD and showed up in Lowe’s

• @jonesy4588
    @jonesy4588 Год назад

does this mower have cruise control

• @SONUMOX
      @SONUMOX Год назад

Yes, the T2200 has cruise control. There is a level just below the hour meter. The lever also acts as the park brake.

• @ericdolby1622
    @ericdolby1622 Год назад +1

Hate that damn reverse heel lever. Why not switch to 2 pedals? Ugh. And single cylinder motor. Ugh again

• @andybecker2693
    @andybecker2693 2 года назад

I guess that in most people’s research they didn’t watch the small engine repair channels. Taryl fixes all said himself he would not buy anything MTD but loves them because they fail so often and make him money. $2000 or more for one of these single cylinder tractors!! Those engines are a revamped Kohler Courage and still the bucket sump design. I would be worried more about the engine than the transmission. Ask a mechanic about ANY of those modern single cylinder engines.

• @kev-reviews

So far my MTD-Craftsman has been trouble-free in its first 2 years vs the 2 mowers before it that were “Shop brands” - both of those had issues requiring major repairs in the same timeframe. My neighbors (most) have various MTD branded riding mowers - they’ve had them for years and years. The guy two doors down from me has an MTD/White Outdoors that he uses multiple times a week on more than one property. It’s still going strong, and I don’t think they’ve made that particular riding mower in 5-10 years (or more).
      That said, I paid $1599 for my Craftsman. I’m happy with it for that price, and that price gives some leeway in how I would handle anything but the most catastrophic of failures. Time will tell. So far it’s been stellar 🤞🏻that’s the case for many years to come.

• @andybecker2693
      @andybecker2693 2 года назад +2

@@kev-reviews I really do hope that you have good service out of it. I noticed that you do take impeccable care of your equipment as do I. That’s the first thing I notice when watching other videos. I don’t understand how people abuse their equipment and expect it to last. I used a 1998 Craftsman garden tractor with a Kohler Command and retired it this year still working but tired. Hopefully I can get 24 years out of my new zero turn.

• @buddymax4388
    @buddymax4388 3 месяца назад

Lawnmowers are like cars anymore ,they even have emissions. Just make residential and commercial and different sizes, my new t2200 has a choke but my 12 year old didnt. Just make them simple stupid for what about an hour for average homeowner.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  3 месяца назад

Your older one probably had an auto-choke. Technically, a manual choke is as simple as it can get 😁

@BlueberryStinkFinger62 Год назад

MTD makes the Craftsman to the Brand Specs not MTD Specs

• @user-xs7dw8et6j
    @user-xs7dw8et6j Месяц назад

I never owned a 210 but I own the T2200 and it's a oiece of junk. The battery lasted less than a year and the belt lasted only 2 seasons. I just spent 2 hours getting a new belt and now it's 9pm and I have a half mown yard and who knows how long it's going to take to get this belt on lol. Craftsman is definitely junk now

• @loneranger5349

I paid 1,700

• @Diemerstein
    @Diemerstein Год назад

The engines on both mowers are the same, nothing has changed other than a claim of a slight horsepower increase and the key word here is "claim"
    It's just a marketing tool, they know 99.9% of the people that buy these mowers will never know that there is no difference.

• @paulabrannan1111
    @paulabrannan1111 Год назад

Just buy a standard MTD tractor. Craftsman is only a name sold to raise money for bankrupt sears. Pass

• @kev-reviews

SB&D owns Craftsman. They also own MTD, so “standard MTD tractor” would technically be Craftsman branded.

• @rickwilliams3515
    @rickwilliams3515 Год назад

I have the T210 pd $1600 new. I have the front and rear anti-scalping wheels. Does that make it a 2019 model? Can't remember what year I got it. I remember when they delivered it had no key so Lowes had to bring me one before I signed off on delivery! Been a good one so far!

• @kev-reviews

From what I understand, sometime in 2019 they switch to just the one set. Congrats on the mower

• @keithwarfel6517
    @keithwarfel6517 Год назад

I have an older 42 inch grass catcher model # 917.249491, Do you think it will work with the T2200 ? Thanks for your help.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  Год назад

Doubtful as the chute mounts are different

• @melonboi186
    @melonboi186 2 года назад +1

T H I S I S A F U L L O N C O P Y O F T H E C U B C A D E T X T 1 L T 4 2 ! ! !
    CRAFTSMAN NEEDS TO STOP COPYING CUB CADET!!!!

• @jasonking3177
      @jasonking3177 2 года назад +4

They arent copying, they are literally both owned by MDT. Its like saying GMC & Chevy are copying each other.... However the craftsman body is made out of metal and the CC is plastic, as well as the Craftsman has the tight turn capability, which kind of nudges it above the CC.

• @Derkiesmefpipe
      @Derkiesmefpipe 2 года назад

New to mowers huh..