Why Everyone is keeping a Lenovo ThinkPad T480

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 21 авг 2024
  • Everyone is keeping their Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Notebook, and I really do think you should keep yours too.
    🔥𝗕𝘂𝘆 𝗟𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗱 𝗧𝟰𝟴𝟬
    hardwaremoney....
    amzn.to/3UWICh9
    ebay.us/bv1IhY
    Hardwaremoney:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram: / hardwaremoney
    TikTok: / hardwaremoney
    Blog: hardwaremoney....
    Equipments
    Sony ZV-1 Camera on Amazon amzn.to/438c5aF
    Sony GP-VPT2BT Bluetooth handle on Amazon amzn.to/3WAKxIK
    Sony ZV-1 Dummy Battery on Amazon amzn.to/45vILfT
    RØDE Wireless GO II on Amazon amzn.to/45BqQEu
    NEEWER CB60 60W LED Video Light 5600K on Amazon amzn.to/3MZoGHF
    RGB LED light stick 3200K-5600K on Amazon amzn.to/3N0z2qU
    ED Strip 12.5M, LED Strips on Amazon amzn.to/3q9DuKR
    NEEWER 10ft / 305cm Two Way Tripod on Amazon amzn.to/3oAm1uE
    Pergear Tripod Head Heavy Duty on Amazon amzn.to/3BWTvq8
    HDMI Capture Card with Loop Out on Amazon amzn.to/3IJ6OhK
    High Speed USB 3.0 Card Reader on Amazon amzn.to/3MGmbc5
    I participates in the Amazon and eBay affiliate programmes and earns commissions from qualified sales.

Комментарии • 119

• @DannyMexen9
    @DannyMexen9 2 месяца назад +37

It’s an incredible laptop! I own one for cybersecurity and it’s perfect for my use case. The upgradability is insane!

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад +9

if a cybersecurity Pro says its incredible.. that’s pretty much it😉 - just kiddin

• @michelelamola2310
      @michelelamola2310 17 дней назад

Idem t450s touchscreen 😊

• @royal2870
      @royal2870 4 дня назад

so should i buy it ? thinking to get into cybersec and i don't have a laptop all i know i would be running vms in it

• @SimSimsTECHcrunch
    @SimSimsTECHcrunch Месяц назад +18

I have mine maxed out with 64GB of RAM. It's a solid machine!!!

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  Месяц назад +1

💯

• @khonsadventure
      @khonsadventure Месяц назад

how long does the battery last for opening multiple chrome tabs?

• @anonymous-sr5jh
      @anonymous-sr5jh 23 дня назад +1

@@khonsadventure mine usually between 4 to 6 hours

• @Cabbage6952
    @Cabbage6952 2 месяца назад +16

got my t480 with the i5 and upgraded the ssd to 2tb m.2 and the ram to 64gb and install the bigger fan upgrade then goes on the i7 with the gpu and repasted the cpu and gpu with thermal paste and my temps dropped from 76c down to 49c , then installed ubuntu and update the firmware with terminal using a command line to 23.0 then uninstalled since I dont need ubuntu. but i love the keyboard compared to my old m1 macbook air never going back to mac. If this laptop stops working im gonna get a amd thinkpad cause the temps on intel chips are Hott!!.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад +2

amazing what you have done with the machine😉

• @nemowei5553
    @nemowei5553 2 месяца назад +6

I write at the moment from my Thinkpad T480 with Windows 11 Pro. Still an amazing laptop. Use it on daily basis for work and private.

• @jmpoder
    @jmpoder 2 месяца назад +4

One chip on mine decided to become a toasty chip burning the pcb and some traces 😢, but i think i will make a frankenlaptop in the future buying every extra part mine didn't came with ❤, it last me like 5 years, it was a good soldier

• @jarman365
    @jarman365 24 дня назад +1

I have a P52s, the 15" big brother for this laptop (same as a T580 but with a crappy Quadro). I bought it specifically because I had a T580 at work and I fell in love with it.

• @shreyarora9738
    @shreyarora9738 13 дней назад +3

can they already start making laptops like this again please why would they not

• @Sithhy
      @Sithhy 7 дней назад

Framework is probably the closest substitute

• @shreyarora9738
      @shreyarora9738 7 дней назад

@@Sithhy too expensive

• @Sithhy
      @Sithhy 7 дней назад

@@shreyarora9738 The entry cost may be expensive but years down the line you just upgrade what you need, not having to buy an entire new laptop again

• @shreyarora9738
      @shreyarora9738 6 дней назад

@@Sithhy remains to be seen, honestly, i would rather wait and see a couple years if the company delivers on their promises. seems good for now though

• @InternalErrorX
      @InternalErrorX 5 дней назад +2

Everything nowadays is not built to last anymore. Companies are counting on planned obsolescence to maximize their profits. Hopefully global right to repair laws can stop this trend, but the companies really want people to upgrade sooner rather than later. Yes naturally the devices are getting slimmer, which makes them more difficult to work on but it doesn’t need to be that way.
      Look at the Windows 11 requirements for example… So many laptops will be considered “no good” in 2025 when W10 end of life comes around, because they don’t officially support W11’s requirements, but anyone can easily clean install W11 using Rufus or Ventoy to bypass the requirements and it runs perfectly. Or better yet, have a dual boot of your favorite Linux Distro and Windows LTSC IoT. The everyday casual user may never even think about doing this so it ends up in the trash, etc. It’s sad.

• @dasvegy
    @dasvegy Месяц назад +2

Have you, or can you, make a
    Video on how to clean Laptops? Or tech in general?
    I love your Videos!

• @Sma5hy
    @Sma5hy 2 месяца назад +1

On my T470 I've so far had to... upgrade the ram to 16gig, clean out the fan and re-paste the CPU, and replace the hard drive... now my keyboard stopped working I'll have to clean or replace that soon. Sometimes taking care of what we love takes some effort. I'm probably going to use this device as a backup now and pick up a E14 gen 5, they look pretty decent.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад

hopefully cleaning the keybboard should help. i am yet to come accross an outright defective thinkpad keyboard. E14 is also cool. 😉

• @Sma5hy
      @Sma5hy 2 месяца назад

@@Hardwaremoney Oh, no I literally spilled something on it hahahaha

• @Hardwaremoney

@@Sma5hy i see..

• @joeyscars4947
    @joeyscars4947 23 дня назад

An excellent machine! I got my T480 about two years ago. It is the I7-8650 with the MX150 Nvidia discrete graphics (hybrid with Intel integrated graphics) with the 1080p non-touch screen. Mine came in good shape. I have had a few minor problems with dead pixels or backlight bleed, but mostly really solid. It runs Linux Mint Debian Edition 6 solidly while "docked" to a 21:9 monitor with minimal lag. It is faster on LMDE than the Windows 10 it came with originally. It is not as fast or solid as I expected, but still quality build. It is a big step up in processing power from my previous Thinkpad (T420 with the I5 2520M and integrated graphics) but does not feel as solidly built. Mine did not come with an internal battery (not that I mind), but still gets maybe 3 to 4 hours of battery life. Overall, a really good machine that is worth keeping if you have one or getting if you can find one at a reasonable price.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  23 дня назад

@@joeyscars4947 thanks for your input, hopefully will help someone make a buying decision 😉

• @joeyscars4947
      @joeyscars4947 23 дня назад

@@Hardwaremoney Thanks!

• @manueltopete3790
    @manueltopete3790 2 месяца назад +1

I just got an T480 and I absolutely love it

• @VernJ-ry3ec
    @VernJ-ry3ec 19 дней назад

It's a great laptop! Mine came with a five year warranty that came in handy earlier this year. If something else were to happen it better be before March 1st. I was waiting till a moth before my warranty was up in March 2025 to try and put a claim on my batteries but when I logged into vantage last month I got a notification that my battery warranty period is up. I wish they would have made that clear that the battery warranty does not last as long as the overall warranty cause I would have at leat tried to take advantage of that before it was up. Its all good I have a spare internal and external from my othet one I use for parts💪

• @lasbrujazz
    @lasbrujazz 13 дней назад

I got its smaller sibling, X280. Installing 2nd SSD on WWAN slot, and it's been rocksteady for my usage. It has i5-8530U but maxed-out add-on like yours.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  13 дней назад

@@lasbrujazz so good😉 main thing it’s sold for all you need to do.

• @VernJ-ry3ec

Hooked mine up with the dual heatpipe fan, touchscreen, upgraded wlan (wifi6e bt 5.3) I tb sb hynix nvme, glass touchpad (the difference is very noticeable compared to the mylar touchpad). 32 gigs of ram which is fine for me but I'll maybe max it out when I feel like it. My doner t480 had the fingerprint reader and I'll switch it out when I have the chance. If I find a cheap magnesium one with a qhd screen on ebay for parts maybe ill grab it and hook mine up even more 💪

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  19 дней назад +1

amazing 🤩

• @VernJ-ry3ec

@@Hardwaremoney Forgot to add i also got a liteon keyboard (backlit). Cost me $80 diect from lenovo but I really wanted the liteon and they are harder to find even from lenovo.Forget about ali express or ebay for the liteon, most times they'll send you the crappy Darfon thinking it doesn't make a difference. If anything I would gave settled on Chicony which are great too Anything but Darfon. As for OS I dual boot Windows 10 ltsc enterprise with support till 2032. and Debian 12 Bookworm. I'm not a gamer or content creator who is editing video so the T450 works fine for my needs for now🙏💪

• @HansCCT_Gaming
    @HansCCT_Gaming 2 месяца назад

I got a ThinkPad T480, bought it as a secondary laptop. My main laptop is a ThinkPad E580

• @Jayson37497
    @Jayson37497 25 дней назад

I just ordered one for 232 bucks off eBay, I hope it’s a great purchase

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  25 дней назад

Great! Hope you get receive one in the best condition 😉

• @feniX0nE27
    @feniX0nE27 Месяц назад

Literally tore apart my T480 after another failed attempt for it to boot or show any image on screen. Gutted the salvageable parts and threw the rest away.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  Месяц назад

oh 😳 but why? there are thousands of troubleshoot videos here on YT, should have been easy to sort out

• @starrequiem6053
    @starrequiem6053 2 месяца назад +2

Is it good at playing games if it has 64 gb ram? And if so what is the usual amount of fps to expect?

• @nikhil_jhaa
      @nikhil_jhaa 2 месяца назад

For some lower end games, yeah you can play them without any stutters (indie games will rock on one of these)
      but for graphical demanding multiplayer games it wont be a good experience imo

• @Duraputer
      @Duraputer 2 месяца назад +2

Extra ram won't increase playability significantly, the games will be limited due to graphics. Some older games might be alright playing on it.

• @mordy2085
      @mordy2085 Месяц назад

cpu matters more tbh

• @Nobody_256.-qj3kd
    @Nobody_256.-qj3kd 19 дней назад

I feel like only an eGPU is required for gaming in this and after that, this laptop would be a decent gaming laptop

• @visionz1003
    @visionz1003 2 месяца назад

great video! as always

• @ufukpolat4691
    @ufukpolat4691 4 дня назад

I just bought a P53 for 350, I’m planning on putting the 128gb of ram just for fun and the flex 😂 also 2 ssd’s, one for windows one for linux and im thinking of putting another 2.5’’ ssd for storage of documents and pictures ect… It also came with 32gb already installed, 4gb Nvidoa T2000 gpu, nfc, fingerprint scanner, sim card slot and smart cart reader. Any suggestions for upgrades/improvements ?

• @michaelfrancismorre3387
    @michaelfrancismorre3387 2 месяца назад +1

I recently just got mine as well, its the i7-8650u with the nvidia mx150. At first I was worried about the thunderbolt and heating issue but after downloading lenovo vantage to make sure everything is up to date and trying out some light games to monitor cpu&gpu temps which sits at 70°. I've also opened (and yes I've broken a single clip) it and checked the condition of the internals, seem clean enough.
    Seems like everything checks out. I think its alright, right? Am I missing something?

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад +1

everything in point Bro😉

• @KrishnashishMunshi
      @KrishnashishMunshi 2 месяца назад

can you please tell me where i can buy it from? i am only seeing refurbished options on amazon

• @michaelfrancismorre3387
      @michaelfrancismorre3387 2 месяца назад

I bought mine locally, 2nd hand from FB Market Place. We really don't have a lot of options to buy these things

• @markuslanggeng
    @markuslanggeng Месяц назад +1

how to get the firmware update for the thunderbolt problem? do i have to use windowa for that? what if i use linux can i still have the firmware update?

• @Hardwaremoney

check the lenovo website for all updates for your model, download and install 😉

• @markuslanggeng
      @markuslanggeng Месяц назад

@@Hardwaremoney oh, so i can still get the fix if i want to use linux right?

• @Zeroneii3
    @Zeroneii3 10 дней назад

I bought one in amazing condition for 160$ off eBay like a year ago

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  9 дней назад

Great

• @Zeroneii3
      @Zeroneii3 9 дней назад

@@Hardwaremoney
      I spent another $50 ok 32gb of ram
      The cpu is the i7-8650u
      Honestly, I'm looking to do a motherboard swap rn
      A motherboard with the Nvidia mx150 gpu can be bought for ~200 rn
      Just debating if the GPU is worth $200

• @lesio
      @lesio 16 часов назад

@@Zeroneii3 I would not recommend updating laptop with GPU as gpus have more failure rate (y)

• @dopplerdog6817
    @dopplerdog6817 Месяц назад

I ended up making a "new" t480 all from parts bought from AliExpress. It probably cost more than one I could have bought second hand, I just wanted to make a "new" one.

• @Hardwaremoney

Really? so you found a new way out 😅

• @dopplerdog6817
      @dopplerdog6817 Месяц назад

@@Hardwaremoney yes, and I'm certain it's 100% non genuine, but it works perfectly

• @Hardwaremoney

@@dopplerdog6817 amazing

• @tatehustling695
    @tatehustling695 Месяц назад

I sold my T480s and got T470p.because it's rocking HQ procesor it's more powerfully then U series.and have nvidea gpu

• @Hardwaremoney

@@tatehustling695 i can imagine 🔥

• @tustak
    @tustak 9 дней назад

What about T490? Whats the big difference?

• @alphaomega7176
      @alphaomega7176 8 дней назад

Upgradeability of RAM. T480 has 2 upgradable RAM slots while T490 has 8GB soldered onboard + 1 extra RAM slot.
      Personally, I would pick T480 so I can upgrade the RAM to 32GB

• @khonsadventure

• @Hardwaremoney

@@khonsadventure pretty long, will need to do this test though 😉

• @discotecc
    @discotecc 2 месяца назад

Is the CPU fast enough to handle 6+ chrome tabs and visual studio?

• @Hardwaremoney

6+tabs, YES! visual studio, would need to chech the system requirements myself 😉

• @ruzaqir354
    @ruzaqir354 2 месяца назад

i got it for like 265 dolar last year upgrade the ram to 16gb and got new ssd to512 and new battery 72 WaH that can stay almost 5 hours ... i bought 2 of it if im working outside .. now this my daily driver working spreadsheets and word abit dusty when i got it but still realible

• @Hardwaremoney

great 😉

• @khonsadventure

• @ruzaqir354
      @ruzaqir354 Месяц назад

@@khonsadventure depends on your battery capacity for me almost like 4 hours cause my 72wah batt have 68% capacity
      But if u bought new battery 72wah u can get almost 6 hours with battery combine

• @shubhammohnani8137
    @shubhammohnani8137 2 месяца назад

Please reply, from where i get the old laptop plus new battery 72 whr? How much will be the battery backup?

• @Hardwaremoney

all depends in where you live Bro, have got some few links in the description

• @shubhammohnani8137
      @shubhammohnani8137 2 месяца назад

Hey, where to get the new/decent 72 whr battery​? I am from INDIA(SOUTH EAST ASIA)@@Hardwaremoney

• @WashRag727
      @WashRag727 2 месяца назад

@@shubhammohnani8137nehru place lol

• @manos.tz_
    @manos.tz_ 2 месяца назад +1

No upgradable cpu tho

• @Hardwaremoney

8 Gen Core i5 is already good enough😉

• @rafiy7150
      @rafiy7150 2 месяца назад

@@Hardwaremoney but with the same amount of money you can get n100 similar performance but more power efficient, tho these cheap laptop mostly have bad build quality

• @bearnerd2817
    @bearnerd2817 Месяц назад

Got this T480 and installed linux on it...awesome

• @7thsvensus
    @7thsvensus 2 месяца назад

Can T480 run cad programs smoothly? (like solidwork,autocad,fusion360 etc.)

• @Hardwaremoney

haven’t tried it myself 😉

• @elmertalara7915
      @elmertalara7915 2 месяца назад

My t480 i5 8gen can run autocad and adobe illustrator

• @j.k.3044
      @j.k.3044 2 месяца назад

​@@elmertalara7915 i think of getting one for my mechatronics engineering bachelor, do u think its underpowerd?

• @AdewaleLuqmaanMudasiru
    @AdewaleLuqmaanMudasiru Месяц назад

where did you get your battery from?

• @Hardwaremoney

@@AdewaleLuqmaanMudasiru it came with the laptop 😉

• @OstapBrehin
    @OstapBrehin 20 дней назад

Dells are great too, and there are more options.

• @user-oj1ng4pv4i
    @user-oj1ng4pv4i 2 месяца назад

I have half a dozen think-pad, I don't think T480 is GOT. perhaps X280 is. besides all 8th Gen laptops are perhaps has the best stable drivers compared to 9th and 10th Gen.

• @Hardwaremoney

x280.. i still have to first check it out 😉

• @user-xy1vk6xp7g
    @user-xy1vk6xp7g 2 месяца назад

Hello, everyone
    What is screen replace for touchscreen FHD 14" i5-8350? Did someone do something?

• @techthamudu1489
    @techthamudu1489 Месяц назад

I have touch screen too. I love it.

• @Hardwaremoney

@@techthamudu1489 really? its great 😉

• @techthamudu1489
      @techthamudu1489 29 дней назад

Don’t be sarcastic, I saved my 10 year old t420. It is a tank and I call it a data Center because it has 4tb space.

• @RebootedPoppy783
    @RebootedPoppy783 2 месяца назад

He can handle valorant game?

• @ItsAmill
    @ItsAmill 2 месяца назад

I just got my hand in one seems like it bitcoin of laptop

• @jackrenders8937
    @jackrenders8937 2 месяца назад

the GPU is the only thing that lets it down

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад +2

well.. depends on what you are using it for 😉

• @jackrenders8937
      @jackrenders8937 2 месяца назад

@@Hardwaremoney It would be just fine for daily task or programming, but gaming anything more intense than minecraft will run really bad. The T480s has a dual heatsink by default, so it should be slightly better.

• @Hardwaremoney

@@jackrenders8937 true, would definitely not recommend for heavy gaming + heavy video editing 😉

• @anti-macro
      @anti-macro 2 месяца назад

I went for a T495 exactly for that reason - you lose the external battery but you still get a free RAM slot, and the IGPU in the Ryzen 5 Pro (or R7 if you get that one) absolutely smokes the one in the i5/i7. In fact you’d need an 11th gen Intel CPU to match that IGPU performance
      Best part is that you can find it for much cheaper than the price of a T480 despite it being newer

• @Hardwaremoney

@@anti-macro well, that newer t495 is still cheaper than an older t480 already says a lot, that the market saying we believe in the t480 😉

• @murgor
    @murgor 2 месяца назад

compare it to the t480s

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  2 месяца назад +1

ok will sort that out 😉

• @ContemplativeCat
      @ContemplativeCat 22 дня назад +1

If it's the same as other T series ThinkPads, the T480s will have the same motherboard as the T480.

• @EduardoSilva-mr1lp
    @EduardoSilva-mr1lp 17 дней назад

T480 )))

• @ismaelmeurer8446
    @ismaelmeurer8446 18 дней назад

Had one a time ago. Not the greatest thinkpad to talk about. CPU throttling is heavy, even under 60c, and m.2/TB3 ports are capped at 2 pci-e lanes.

• @msrtth
    @msrtth Месяц назад

Hi will you send me one external battery for this laptop to India, Please