The Problem With the Triumph Bonneville T120

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 13 окт 2024
  • Welcome to the Alliance! We are a conglomerate of like-minded motorcycle riders enjoying the roads of America. Let us know if you want to join the Allied Motorcycle Entertainment Network!
    Subscribe and turn on notifications to see all of our videos! 🔔
    Buy swag and Amen Moto Gear: / @amenmoto
    or
    www.redbubble....
    ALL SOCIALS: linktr.ee/alli...
    Twitter ► twitter.amenmo...
    Instagram ► instagram.amenm...
    Facebook ► facebook.amenmo...
    🛜 The Allied Motorcycle Entertainment Network 🛜
    Jedz Moto: ► jedzmoto.com
    Full Throttle Junkie ► / fullthrottlejunkie
    Two Wheels Studio ► / 2wheelsstudios
    Chiba San ► / @chiba131
    Haney Moto ► / @haneymoto
    One Old Man Riding ► / oneoldmanriding
    All videos remain the property of their original creators.

Комментарии • 112

• @lgwappo
    @lgwappo 3 года назад

The motorcycle industry depends on the aftermarket to make replacement seats. Bikes come with something cheap to sit on but they expect customers to replace it. The Russell Day Long Touring Saddle starts from $495 to $810 & looks weird but may be the most comfortable seat you can buy for this bike.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 года назад +1

I was just saying this to someone on a recent BMW R18 ride. You are exactly right.

• @alexandermihaylov208
      @alexandermihaylov208 5 месяцев назад

@@AmenMoto, just sat on an R18 and thought the same thing. Plus the cheep plastic on the hand controls…

• @oldphart-zc3jz
      @oldphart-zc3jz 2 месяца назад

OTOH you can take your stock seat pan to your local auto upholstery shop as I've done for over 40 years and get exactly what you specify generally for much less money.

• @johnmartin7158
    @johnmartin7158 3 года назад +7

I bought mine in June 2019. Seat after 3 hours can be a bit much. The early T120s had gearbox issues i believe, and I think they redesigned the gearbox. Not designed for touring as some bikes are, but I am still happy to do 8 hours nonstop still.
    So far I have had no problems touch wood.
    In 15 000km it did use a slight bit of oil.
    And I plan to keep mine.
    Auckland. NZ. John.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 года назад +2

It’s a very happy motorcycle!!

• @johnmartin7158
      @johnmartin7158 2 года назад +1

@@GPZ611 Hi A BBV, yes I bought the 2021-22 Triumph Bonneville T120 Matt Black / Graphite gold line series in December. Significantly better than the previous generation. I’m really happy with it.

• @johnmartin7158
      @johnmartin7158 2 года назад

@@GPZ611 Keep in contact if you want to know how the bike is going, by all means. W800 is also a superb bike indeed. I’m 65 and I can also appreciate your taste in the W800. I do see your point about the price. I paid 23, 500 kiwi dollars.

• @eyemallears2647
    @eyemallears2647 3 месяца назад +2

The seat is uncomfortable???
    I’m 5ft10 and slightly overweight, but not by much. I find the seat to be super comfortable…

• @arned2493
    @arned2493 4 года назад +4

I appreciate your candid comments. I would be a new rider, and am considering a 2020 T120 Black in a few months when I pay off two of my cars.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

That’s great Arne!
      Will this be your first motorcycle?

• @arned2493
      @arned2493 4 года назад

@@AmenMoto Yes.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад +1

@@arned2493 You won't be sad you got a T120, but the 900cc model T100 is also a good choice for a first bike.
      My first bike was bought new and I wish I had bought a used one instead.
      Either way good luck and tell me what you end up getting!

• @arned2493
      @arned2493 4 года назад

@@AmenMoto Will do, thank you for the advice.

• @tomjiunta1580
    @tomjiunta1580 4 года назад +5

I have a street twin and I believe it is the same seat. I think the comfort of the seat is a personal opinion. I took my street twin cross country for 2 weeks this summer, putting on over 4,500 miles and riding for 7-8 hours per day and never even thought about seat comfort. I could sit in the saddle all day. I was pleasantly surprised at the touring ability of the twin and I would suppose the T120 should be the same or better. The only issue for touring with a naked bike is the wind on highways for long periods. I had a Dart wind screen which helped a lot, but any naked bike, once you start riding at 80+ miles per hour for a few hours will have a wind issue. Thats why I didn't see the need to go for the 1200 cc engine. No reliability issues with triumph now for 2 years and 15000 miles and I put this bike through a lot.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Thanks for the perspective Tom. Keep on riding!

• @piggystims702
    @piggystims702 5 месяцев назад +1

I've had my 2017 bonnie t120 for three years and the only problem I have with it is that i never wanna stop riding it

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  5 месяцев назад +1

A common complaint! 😍

• @matthewroy5076
    @matthewroy5076 4 года назад +16

Thirteen hours is a long ride in a Goldwing's saddle. Hell sitting in LaZBoy for that long would get uncomfortable.

• @johncook9983
    @johncook9983 4 года назад +5

What helmet were you wearing? It sounds like you are getting no leaks.

• @wickedcoolname399
    @wickedcoolname399 4 года назад +2

I have a 2018 T120 and I think the stock seat is really comfortable. My only issue is the bars. I'm ordering a rider that will add an inch of height and a bit closer towards the rider.
    I added some bar-end mirrors and I installed a decat Xpipe so no more catalytic converter. It sounds better and performs a bit better too.
    You should definitely have a tech figure out what's going on with your mileage. You should be getting 200 miles out of a tank.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

That will be sweet.

• @erikafunny.
      @erikafunny. 2 года назад

How do you like the Suspension ?

• @petewebb6952
    @petewebb6952 5 лет назад +2

Hi from England. I had a T120 Black that got totalled by a geriatric parking in a hospital I bought a second T120 (Green & White) with an “Escape Inspiration Kit” which made it much better for touring (Screen, panniers, king and Queen Seat, tail rack etc). In hindsight, for adding to a T120 I would recommend a king and Queen Seat, maybe a Screen in a wet or cold country, SW Heritage panniers (I had on my Black) and a tailrack with a Lomo bag. Oh yes, I also have a back rest “sissy seat” for my darling...

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  5 лет назад +1

Pete Sorry to hear about the black one but you’re absolutely right about the things you did to the green one. Very cool and thanks for the comment.

• @jerrysnell7372
    @jerrysnell7372 4 года назад +3

I bought a "Triumph Comfort Seat" No improvement over stock except that it looks better. Im tall, going to have it rebuilt taller. Keeping the stock seat intact.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Interesting. I really felt a difference on my butt between the two seats.

• @thebigempty_5792
      @thebigempty_5792 4 года назад

I got one on ebay for about half the retail price. I love it and did notice a difference especially after some longer distances. Is it 400.00 worth more comfortable? heck no, which is why I waited until I found a good deal. To me it is 200.00 worth more comfortable if that makes any sense. There is always a money vs. benefit factor in all of our motorcycle upgrades. Many things are just not worth the money, but when we find a good deal or get some extra cash, it becomes worth it. The best money I've spend on my T120, is the Motodemic LED headlight and a set of Denali fogs. The stock light stinks and I need all the light I can get, when the sun sets and I'm still out on the back roads of Texas. Back to the seat, I think Triumph should have made the "gel" comfort seat standard equipment. There's a lot of things they should have made oem, but just like all the other companies, they want the $$ from accessories and upgrades.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Agreed 100%. That’s great you got a good deal. I also did the LED headlight, you’re right. Thanks for the comment man.

• @CHINA-gn5wu
    @CHINA-gn5wu Год назад

Howdy I have a 2018 t-120 and wrench light came in and and won’t start sometimes I thought battery was dead. Is it due from warning light? I’m going to sand connections and re tighten on battery today see if that works. Battery seems to be good. Have you ever had that issue? Mike

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Год назад

Hi Mike.
      The issues are unrelated.
      The wrench icon comes on to let you know that you’ve got enough miles to need a service, like a oil change. I often just left my wrench icon on, because I did my own service. But you can also take it to the triumph dealership, and either let them do the service, or just ask them to turn off the triumph wrench icon. So that is not an indication of any failure, it just means you’ve ridden enough miles (congratulations!) to need your next scheduled service.
      The occasional failure to start is most likely your battery. Your bike is three, four years old now? Get a new battery and I am sure this problem will go away. You probably don’t need to sand the connections unless they look really gross.
      Keep in touch!
      -Scotty

• @sarkiskopushyan
    @sarkiskopushyan Месяц назад

Does the triumph t120 have a gear indicator?

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Месяц назад

Yes sir!
      On the left hand clock, there is a little sprocket icon with a number next to it.
      Cheers!

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Месяц назад

Check it out, on this dude's video you can see it in the top left of the screen on the left hand clock.
      his bike is in Neutral.
      ruclips.net/video/Q809uh-blAM/видео.html

• @pinaki2905
    @pinaki2905 4 года назад +2

The thumbnail of the content is misnomer. There is no alarming fault in this bike. Only problem is that it takes extra effort to steer it at tight corner and it is common for all the heavy bikes. On the other positives are torquey engine, superb ride and handling, precise braking and above all great classic look.

• @oldfart9287
    @oldfart9287 2 года назад

Hi mate greeting from England, been considering one of these I have a bonneville se to trade but I really dont think I am gonna gain much in the way of comfort at long distance, I had a Honda ST 1300 pan which is the most comfortable I have ever owned but blew it up at 130 mph. It was a bit old like me. Loved your review , ya made me smile when you said it was chilly, thought Florida was always warm, its zero degrees here this morn but will go for a spin, like you say naked bikes are ok for shorter rides, have a great life and be careful out there

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 года назад

Good morning brother. It is 71° (22C) this morning. 😁 Since this video I have done a few long rides on this bike, it’s not the best but it can do it.
      Be safe!

• @vivekvijay1986
    @vivekvijay1986 Месяц назад

T120 TC EML On and On Limp mode what to do?

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Месяц назад

What year is it? Probably going to need the dealer to look at that on their scan tool, unless you have the Triumph scanning software on a laptop

• @vivekvijay1986
      @vivekvijay1986 Месяц назад

@@AmenMoto 2021 They’re not able to figure it out. First they said it’s throttle sensor issue now they retracting now they’re saying it’s a Tyre Upgrade issue. I replaced the stock tyres with MT60 RS’s

• @funnymgtow1893
    @funnymgtow1893 5 лет назад +2

This videos really helped thanks 🙏 you

• @wiskkid
    @wiskkid 3 года назад

What bikes have you found comfy on long rides?

• @AmenMoto

Touche'! None I guess.
      This isn't really a problem with the T120.
      It's a problem with bikes.
      The T120 is my favorite motorcycle of all time.

• @wiskkid
      @wiskkid 3 года назад

@@AmenMoto I can understand why you feel that way. I recently spent a 3 day weekend here in Pennsylvania test riding bikes at an event that centered around riding demos from the major manufactures. Although I found the Triumph Trident, Scrambler XC, Tiger 900 and Speedmaster to all be very smooth the T120 and T100 really captured me. I rode other manf's like Indian, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley, Yamaha and Royal Enfield nothing captured me like the Bonneville 120/ 100 ....and believe it or not the Zero SR/F Electric ...opposite sides of the spectrum but the 120 is at the heart of what I think of quintessential motorcycling .

• @Richard-pe4cx
      @Richard-pe4cx 2 года назад

@@AmenMoto the most comfy bike i had was a BMW r80/7 i did 9000 miles round europe i could 300 miles a day but i was younger 31 and much fitter now 60 hoping to get my T120 monday as for your comments on reliability its not really british its put together in thailand where i believe harley are moving some production to

• @andrewphillips4897
    @andrewphillips4897 3 года назад

I have a T100 Black. I love it.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 года назад

Awesome, those are beautiful

• @dmelson7502
    @dmelson7502 4 года назад +2

Nice-looking bike you got there. Almost as sharp as my '17 black.

• @Raven-ec2rh
    @Raven-ec2rh 4 года назад +1

My first bike was a 1959 BSA Super Rocket when I was 16. That Triumph is a cloud to ride and rock solid dependable, just to give some perspective. Quit crying about the seat already.

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy 5 лет назад +2

No problem with my T120's stock seat. The bike is very comfortable. Did have a transmission failure. The bike stopped downshifting. Triumph fixed it under warranty with no problems since. Best all-around bike I've ever owned! Excellent power, handling, comfort, and fuel economy.

• @AmenMoto

One other of my friends (Jedz from Jedz Moto on RUclips) had a transmission failure too. Broken gear teeth. His was warranty as well.
      You are so right about the bike description, it's a dream to drive around town. It's my commuter and it's perfect for that.
      Thanks for the comments, I totally agree with you on them.

• @tsmgguy
      @tsmgguy 5 лет назад +1

@@AmenMoto Jedz is my hero. 40,000 miles, and his T120 is still under warranty!

• @anthonycandelaria5064
      @anthonycandelaria5064 5 лет назад

My 2014 rocket 3 also had a transmission problem at only 500 miles Bright side under warranty and I made such a fuss they threw in free saddle bags and windscreen for my troubles have not had any problems whatsoever 21000 miles runs great I would gladly by a. T120 if could talk my wife into letting me

• @triumph951000
    @triumph951000 4 года назад +2

Not even Japanese bikes are bullet proof. I had a friend who bought a brand new VFR 750 back in 96 and it leaked oil due to a porise case casting which Honda of North Americas "fix" was JB Weld !!!! Worked like a charm though I must say. Myself I have a 95 Thunderbird 900 with Speed Triple cams and exhaust headers and reverse cone megaphones. It had some issues over the past 25 years but I stay on top of shit and Triumphs warranty is second to none. They stand behind their product. Get this , I sheared off the end of the output shaft and the only thing holding it on was the tension of the chain and the splines on the shaft ! The bike was off warranty for Years !!! The dealer contacted Triumph and they warrantied the part as they never heard of that happening and had them send it back to them in England so they could check it out themselves. I had to pay for the other shit of course but I had the whole engine balanced and blue printed with all new bearings and a sixth gear in the box for better gas mileage on long road trips. Could'nt expect them to pay for that. LOL. 77000 miles. It has been ridden the entire east coast of north America , From Florida to Newfoundland Canada

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Dude that’s crazy that they still warranted it after all that time.
      The thing about these Japanese bikes is that they haven’t kept up with technology, they don’t have any of the modern features that you look for on bikes now.

• @cavemanfr
    @cavemanfr 2 года назад

If you still have this bike put some Rivco adjustable highway pegs on the frame. That will make long rides more bearable.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 года назад

Thanks man I will check them out.

• @Zimmermann310
    @Zimmermann310 5 лет назад +3

The middle part of the higway lines in this video is nearly black. Does the cars in USA losing so much oil? I think it is not a good idea to drive on this black stripe, with a bike, particular not in or after a rain. I never have seen that in other countrys.

• @WesB1972
    @WesB1972 4 года назад

Does it leak oil.

• @James-sm1lh
    @James-sm1lh 4 года назад

i have a 16 and love it! thanks for the review

• @AmenMoto

James Greene that’s great man check back soon I’m working on a larger video all about this with four of my friends

• @James-sm1lh

@@AmenMoto cant wait!

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Between the four of us combined we have 100,000 miles on them and are working on our collaboration video about it

• @James-sm1lh

@@AmenMoto Im in SW Fl lets ride sometime!

• @thebigempty_5792
    @thebigempty_5792 4 года назад +1

"now open" typically means it's a grand opening or a new location...just like common sense leads one to deduct that Dunkin is open at 7am, that same common sense should lead to the deduction that "now open" must mean that until very recently, it wasn't open. Therefore the frequent commuters that have become accustomed to seeing the newly finished building not open....can now get their donuts and coffee. :D

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

The Big Empty _ your logic is impeccable.

• @DavidSmith-ve5kj
    @DavidSmith-ve5kj 2 года назад

Only problem I have with my T120 is no self canceling turn signals. Other than that all smiles.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 года назад

A small price to pay

• @DavidSmith-ve5kj
      @DavidSmith-ve5kj 2 года назад

No excuse not to have on a modern day motorcycle, that’s just cost cutting.

• @scott.lindroth
    @scott.lindroth 5 лет назад

Love my T120! The torque and agility make it great on twisty mountain roads, too.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  5 лет назад

Word! Glad I got a chance to find that out in person last month!

• @jamesmorrison5632
    @jamesmorrison5632 3 года назад +1

Damn you're lucky, you just run that red light

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 года назад

Whew!

• @jamesmorrison5632
      @jamesmorrison5632 3 года назад

I'm guilty of it too, accidentally run one by accident looking at the wrong damn red light

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 года назад

@@jamesmorrison5632 I might be OK on that one. I think the rule here is that you have to be in the intersection before it turns red. I was definitely beyond the stop line and in the box when it turned red. Here in Florida I think that means I’m safe.

• @halz7
    @halz7 4 года назад

Ian at Two Wheels World is great to deal with.

• @scottfree9994
    @scottfree9994 4 года назад +2

That's my next bike after my Honda's paid for. It's the ONLY bike out there with the same prestige as a Harley and can still balance the old and new perfectly. Nobody at a Harley bar snubs there noses at a Triumph.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Scott my experience is that Harley guys appreciate a Triumph 👍🏻

• @scottfree9994
      @scottfree9994 4 года назад

@@AmenMoto That's true there equally respected among them.

• @WesB1972
      @WesB1972 4 года назад +5

Who gives a s**t what the Harley riders think.

• @landtuna8061
      @landtuna8061 2 года назад

What leads you to believe Harley's have "prestige"? They are overpriced unreliable POS and their owners are considered bottom feeding neanderthals.

• @AmenMoto

I tried to give a fair review of my T120 after 22,000 miles.
    ruclips.net/video/hqFFcnt5VJ0/видео.html

• @luiznoronha8742
    @luiznoronha8742 2 года назад

13000 km in 22 days in a t120 through south america no issues at all

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 года назад

AWESOME - love to hear more about this trip.

• @ronaldjunior12
      @ronaldjunior12 Месяц назад

Recomenda uma 2017 com baixa Km? Para uso diário e viagens? E quanto aos problemas elétricos, especialmente no chicote e conector do retificador de voltagem, vc te algum?

• @RiseRyder
    @RiseRyder 5 лет назад +2

I see a new bike in someone's future.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  5 лет назад

I gotta pay this one off first :D

• @jimwoollard8329
    @jimwoollard8329 4 года назад

No idea why you are only getting that sort of miles out of a tank. I get nearly 200 out of my tank

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Seriously?

• @jimwoollard8329
      @jimwoollard8329 4 года назад

@@AmenMoto Yeah definitely. Are you filling yours right to the top of the tank? It sounds like a silly question but I once did that with a landrover when I was in the army. I put the nozzle in the tank like you would normally do with a car and stopped filling when the pump cut out. Of course that left a gap of about 6 inched at the top of the tank and they ran out of fuel on the way to a range. If your doing the same with the bonnie then you would only get that sort of mileage. When I fill mine up I always fill it right to the top. You have to be careful of over-spill so go careful.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

I’ll have to check that out. I think I’ve probably been leaving about an inch of air at the top.

• @wickedcoolname399
      @wickedcoolname399 4 года назад +2

Me too. I average around 200 miles per tank.

• @spetersonmusic
    @spetersonmusic 5 лет назад

It's a killer bike.

• @thelegendarysweendog3171
    @thelegendarysweendog3171 5 лет назад

Anything good to say ?

• @AmenMoto

1000 good things to say and 1 bad.

• @CaptainRon1913
    @CaptainRon1913 2 года назад +1

Sorry, couldn't wait for you to say what "the problem with the bonneville" is. Lame, describes this channel well

• @soggysocks25
    @soggysocks25 4 года назад +1

British.bike...made.in.Thailand.???

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

It is!

• @pauliebots
      @pauliebots 4 года назад

The U.K.,Tailand and Brazil to be precise.

• @colindebourg3884
      @colindebourg3884 4 года назад

British Company = British bike, lots of manufacturers have bikes made in Asia but it doesn't mean they are " foreign ".

• @ThomasFunnyCarGuy
      @ThomasFunnyCarGuy 3 года назад

Take a look at a VIN number to see where the bike is built it's not Thailand

• @brucefisher9244
    @brucefisher9244 2 года назад

T120 t100 gearbox...major problem.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 года назад

Did something happen to yours?

• @sebastianorzel227
    @sebastianorzel227 3 года назад +1

it’s not British anymore it’s been made in Thailand so there’s no quality any more

• @AmenMoto

True but the quality since they moved to Thailand has been higher than it ever was made in Britain.

• @martindavies8326
    @martindavies8326 4 года назад +1

British motorcycle made in Taiwan 🇬🇧😩

• @BerserkerRider94
      @BerserkerRider94 4 года назад +2

Thailand actually.

• @ThomasFunnyCarGuy
      @ThomasFunnyCarGuy 3 года назад

Actually not if you look at the VIN number period most of the USA bikes that I've seen in the showrooms in South Florida were not built in Thailand

• @travelinben1966
      @travelinben1966 3 года назад

I thought they were made in India.🤔

• @jimwortham8634
    @jimwortham8634 4 года назад +2

Been a Triumph Man Forever boring video

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  4 года назад

Thanks for watching, what's your current ride?