10 Things You Didn't Know About T1

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 29 сен 2024

Комментарии • 1,5 тыс.

• @GenghisVern
    @GenghisVern 3 года назад +14

never expected the metal skeleton limping out of the fire-- real Jason & the Argonauts stuff!

• @NikkiWrightVGM
    @NikkiWrightVGM 3 года назад +121

Reese pulling a gun kind of makes sense. In Kyle's word all he knows is guns and hiding, when it comes to having to fight its his instinct to reach for a weapon. You can also see immediately after he does it he makes a face like "God, what the hell am I doing?"

• @jimday7812
      @jimday7812 3 года назад +17

I agree. Reese is a battle hardened soldier and his combat survival instinct kicked in for a few seconds before he regained his bearing.

• @satatay23
      @satatay23 3 года назад +12

He was in love with her, from the picture John gave him. He knows how important she is to any kind of rebellion against the machines. All he was tasked with was to ensure she outlived any assassination.

• @Sweet68Camaro
      @Sweet68Camaro 3 года назад +8

Also, when he falls asleep after hot wiring the car. He wakes up and grabs his shotgun.

• @jro3213
      @jro3213 2 года назад

​@@Sweet68Camaro Actually even better, he falls asleep with it in his hands. When he wakes up he just cocks it reflexively

• @Another_Measure
      @Another_Measure 2 года назад +1

I thought so too. I thought of PTSD from the war in the future.

• @danielduggan5405
    @danielduggan5405 3 года назад +54

I'm one of those people who you mention at the end. Terminator is easily my favorite in the series. The storytelling is masterful, and I think Michael Biehn's Kyle is the best hero of the franchise. In fact, the extended scenes in T2 that include him make that movie better in my mind.

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 года назад +2

I would have kept those scenes in the movie I agree it would have made t2 so much better

• @jeremiah6462
      @jeremiah6462 2 года назад +2

I keep wishing these T sequels that take place in the future would cast Biehn as an aged and battle hardened John Connor.

• @raz0rbladeapolo
      @raz0rbladeapolo 2 года назад

It’s hard for me to compare Terminator and T2. Tonally, thematically, and aesthetically they are so different. They share a mythos and characters but I enjoy completely different things about both films in completely different ways. If I had to choose, my favorite of the series is Terminator Salvation. I know, I’m a weirdo.

• @jeremiah6462
      @jeremiah6462 2 года назад +1

@@raz0rbladeapolo
      Oh man..... that one was so poorly written. I mean, it’s better than T3, genesis and this last Sheminator movie... but I can only enjoy that movie if I view it as a generic Sci-fi B movie terminator knockoff. I would agree it is the best of the post T2 movies.

• @raz0rbladeapolo
      @raz0rbladeapolo 2 года назад

@@jeremiah6462 I can 100% say that the only reason 1 or 2 aren’t my favorites is over saturation. I’ve seen both at least once a year since release, often more than one annual viewing. Salvation does has some genuinely homey moments, but I like what it tried to do. It just did it poorly.

• @SlickforceTV
    @SlickforceTV 3 года назад +132

Your OJ moment made this video. Another great one, Minty!

• @Auditorius7
      @Auditorius7 3 года назад +2

In fairness, though, I know people love to make the joke Minty made about Cameron not thinking he'd be believable in that role, given what he is believed to have done (I have to phrase it that way because he wasn't convicted, and too much mishandling of the investigation all but assured we'll never have the full real story of what happened. Only God, the victims, and the killer {whomever that truly is} know for certain).
      However, if people are actually honest, prior to the Bronco chase and the trial, what about OJ gave anyone watching him on TV with NBC's NFL coverage or as Nordberg in the "Naked Gun" series, the impression that he could be capable of that kind of range. He was "The Juice", all smiles and positivity, and as Nordberg (his only really note worthy film role, which didn't happen until 4 years after Terminator), he was a loveable, hapless bumbler.
      So the joke is actually kinda stupid when you consider that in order for Cameron to have looked at OJ and thought he'd have the "range" to be a "killer", based solely on his film/tv work to that point (which consisted of mostly cameos and bit parts, meaning he was being sought out for his NFL fame, and not necessarily any true acting talent), he'd have to have hindsight of an event that wouldn't happen for another 10 years at the time, or be aware of what OJ was like when the camera wasn't on him.
      Plus, the joke is pretty tasteless, given the real world ramifications attached.
      Not saying anyone needs to apologize for using a tasteless joke, because who hasn't said one at some point in their life. Just pointing out that low hanging fruit does not always the best joke make.
      Keep up the good work, Minty. I do genuinely like it. 😊

• @quanbrooklynkid7776
      @quanbrooklynkid7776 3 года назад

@@Auditorius7 damn

• @daLukasMain
      @daLukasMain 3 года назад +2

@@Auditorius7 shut up

• @sweetguy19762
      @sweetguy19762 3 года назад

Why is everybody obsessed with terminator?

• @mousemacleod9184
      @mousemacleod9184 3 года назад +2

That has been an ongoing joke everybody that has done a Terminator review after the OJ Simson case has to point out

• @olliesmith2890
    @olliesmith2890 3 года назад +4

I proudly have the posters of Arnie in The Terminator and T2 on my wall, beside each other. The two greatest sci fi movies ever IMO(with Cameron making the other of my top three Aliens). Jim made the best three movies in the genre, a icon.

• @allenlovell1604
      @allenlovell1604 Год назад

I bought an original unused movie poster [ I think 🤔 ] from Suncoast/ Sam Goody video before they went bankrupt . Still wrapped in cellophane 😊😮 !

• @RonJomero
    @RonJomero 3 года назад +3

I really like the parts where Kyle said he always wondered what Sarah was thinking about when the picture was taken. And then at the end we find out she was thinking of him in that moment.

• @beeftestosterone4355
    @beeftestosterone4355 3 года назад +68

So, Arnold was so enthusiastic about the role that he won over Cameron and got the part, then called the film a piece of shit and wasn't enthusiastic about it at all? Doesn't make sense

• @daLukasMain
      @daLukasMain 3 года назад +16

He coud have obviously changed his mind after months of filming and taking the break to film conan 2. Makes perfect sense.

• @CsykKrit
      @CsykKrit 3 года назад +8

Actors don't know the final product while shooting. They shoot a lot of extra to be able to change the story based on focus group feedback.

• @stogieguy7201
      @stogieguy7201 3 года назад +2

No clue about the whole truth but I will say that he could have very well and even more than likely... wanted the paycheck.
      *Edit typo

• @nealsterling8151
      @nealsterling8151 3 года назад +7

People used to change their opinions at times.
      I know, it's unthinkable nowadays. ;)

• @beeftestosterone4355
      @beeftestosterone4355 3 года назад +4

@@nealsterling8151 I won't change my opinion that you are a huge fruitcake ever

• @gcrosheffielduk
    @gcrosheffielduk 3 года назад +9

The best of all the Terminator movies IMO. One of my favourite films of all time yet all this stuff I didn’t know about! Thanks Minty! 👍👍

• @mr.cringe2.059
    @mr.cringe2.059 3 года назад +5

Minty, is there anyway fans can submit movies they would like to see you go over?
    Also, please do o brother where art thou

• @jonathantillian6528
    @jonathantillian6528 3 года назад +7

Bonus fact: Michael Beihn almost didn't get the role of Reese because he was working on a stage production of _Cat on a Hot Tin Roof_ and worked hard to affect a Southern accent which he couldn't shake during the first audition.

• @dennisanderson3895
    @dennisanderson3895 3 года назад +6

"Masterpiece" is apt! I saw T1 in theater when first released and was thrilled (at age 24)! I was so so drawn into the storytelling, I didn't notice if some FX looked off. (Willing suspension of disbelief.) Even if it sounds like like the production was a hot mess, it all came together perfectly. And the perfection of 1 is what made the twist in T2 work! (An awesome pair of films!)

• @dunc_leaper
    @dunc_leaper 3 года назад +3

Without doubt the greatest Sci-Fi film ever made (in my opinion) The Tech-Noir nightclub scene is brilliant and so well made, the unknown of who's the stalker / killer and the way the film and music slows down to like a dream like sequence

• @80s_kid
    @80s_kid 3 года назад +2

Thanks, Minty! It’s always a little weird for me when I read or hear that the Arnold robot puppet didn’t do/age very well because in addition to talking about a movie released in 1984 we’re talking about a cyborg. It couldn’t be more authentic to me than seeing a weirdly moving “lifeless” creature in these scenes. (Yes, an infiltrating unit should be human-like but Arnold also emphasized with his robotic behavior that he’s not a human.) Obviously it might be different for those who look at it for the first time today, maybe it’s more confusing to them. We were terrified in the 80s as a kid, it was so scary. The motion capture technique is also fantastic in it. As a matter of fact the well-done practical effects to this day are competitive with the computer graphics.

• @WebVManReturns
    @WebVManReturns 3 года назад +3

I still wish the endoskeleton spoke with a synthesized voice instead of being silent.

• @GlitterGothBunny
      @GlitterGothBunny 3 года назад

That would've been neat but it could've backfired if it sounded too goofy or digitalized. Maybe something about his skin melting off messed up his voice capabilities lol

• @EvilJ069
    @EvilJ069 3 года назад +3

"Almost looking apocalyptic as well" Welcome to L.A.!

• @throatwobblermangrove8510
    @throatwobblermangrove8510 3 года назад +17

Watch the movie again. They couldn't have just used the make-up instead of the fake head because he was performing surgery on his eye. Imagine Arnold putting an X-acto knife into his real eye.

• @brandonpage7087
      @brandonpage7087 3 года назад +5

I see nothing wrong with the effects in the eye scene. In my opinion, they are still effective. I know that when i first watched The Terminator, with my parents, as a toddler, that scene where he takes his eye out, scared me, & stuck with me for years.

@throatwobblermangrove8510 3 года назад

@@brandonpage7087 Regardless of what it looked like to you as a toddler, it looks fake. That's what's wrong with it. That being said, it wasn't the place to have Arnold use face makeup in case he accidentally injured himself.

• @GlitterGothBunny
      @GlitterGothBunny 3 года назад

I put this with the scene in Total Recall where he pulls thr tracker out of his nose. It does look like a fake head/robot but still a very cool effect. It didn't take me out of the movie thinking omg thats so fake.

@throatwobblermangrove8510 3 года назад

@@GlitterGothBunny Also when he removes the female head when he gets his ass to Mars. ;-)

• @RangaTurk
      @RangaTurk 3 года назад +1

@@brandonpage7087 I first saw this scene on free-to-air TV in late 1987 and I'd admit, it was hard to stomach.

• @Morgil27
    @Morgil27 3 года назад +1

I knew every single one of these things just from pouring over the DVD special features. Shortly after DVD players first became mainstream in the early 2000s, this and T2 were some of the first DVDs I bought.

• @thefantasticretroreviewer3941
    @thefantasticretroreviewer3941 24 дня назад +1

I just watched it on VHS for the first time...........AND MAN DID I HAVE A GOOD TIME WATCHING THIS FILM!!

• @Sweet68Camaro
    @Sweet68Camaro 3 года назад +1

I like the fact that after the Terminator is ran over by the gas tanker, he walks to the cab with a limp. Then only after his flesh is burned off you can see his broken Achilles heel rod. Nice continuity.

• @DCDPM
    @DCDPM 3 года назад +15

The best movie of the franchise in my humble opinion.

• @marktimmis5631
    @marktimmis5631 3 года назад +1

I got an 'A' for an essay I wrote on 'Terminator' versus the film 'Android' (Klause Kinsky) at college back in the 80s.

• @GérannGerberChannel
    @GérannGerberChannel 3 года назад +5

The Terminator is the best out of the whole franchise, because it is more terrifying!!

• @FloridaMan-
      @FloridaMan- 3 года назад +1

Idk.. t1000 is pretty scary

• @NinjaRunningWild
      @NinjaRunningWild 3 года назад

@@FloridaMan- Germane question : Did you ever think that Arnold wouldn't win in the end?

• @john-hu6tt
    @john-hu6tt 2 года назад +1

From what i have heard and rid, This classic sifi movie was not inspired by Halloween, it was inspired by the Harlen Allisons 1960s work on the Outer limits series, specifically the episodes "Soldier" and "Demon with a glass hand" and after watching the episodes i can definitely see the inspiration. Not taken away anything from the legend James Cameron, I'm sure his nightmare started it all, but I also believe my own two eyes and the inspiration was from Harlen Allisons work.

• @kingmalcolm8695
    @kingmalcolm8695 3 года назад +2

I know this is a nitpick but I just have to scratch this itch because I've heard others make this mistake. The terminator does NOT have an exoskeleton! Exoskeletons are on the outside, like insects have. The terminator, like humans has its' skeleton on the inside - called an endoskeleton.

• @md65000
    @md65000 3 года назад +2

Cameron really wanted to fight the copyright claim but the studio said if he lost he'd have to pay the damages himself. That's why he settled.

• @Constantine_IA
    @Constantine_IA 3 года назад +1

T1 is a gamechanger of Cinema .An absolute MASTERPIECE witn infinite re watchability

• @judsongaiden9878
    @judsongaiden9878 3 года назад +2

Michael Biehn was beyond perfect as Kyle Reese and the Arnie robo-head was top-notch for the time. Michael Biehn and Bruce Willis are unique as '80s action hero icons because they defy the "arrogant tough guy" stereotype. They both combined strength with sensitivity, especially with their most iconic characters, Kyle Reese and John McClane. That made them stand out by making them believable. Reese and McClane have completely different attitudes, Reese being driven more by manic desperation, whereas McClane has more of a hint of a freewheeling trickster vibe. But they're both vulnerable enough to be "real" to the audience, so the forces arrayed against them feel like an actual threat.
    19:43 Screw those prudes! What do they think we watch movies for anyway?!

• @JonnyGesundheit
    @JonnyGesundheit 3 года назад

I also seen the 2nd one first.
    Makes sense to me!
    Keep going, Mr. Bishop! You're the man!

• @TheRattleShark
    @TheRattleShark 3 года назад +1

Ordered my shirt before I finished the video. Love the Blockbuster Video one.

• @hankpikuni7024
    @hankpikuni7024 3 года назад +1

T1 and Conan the Barbarian are my two most favorite movies

• @sw1000xg
    @sw1000xg 3 года назад +6

It's better than T2. It's story is better and it makes sense.
    Great movie.

• @chrisdee1583
      @chrisdee1583 3 года назад

And Terminator 2 doesn't make sense?

• @tun-tunninc.6492
      @tun-tunninc.6492 3 года назад

T2 is far superior.

• @jimmytwotime8004
      @jimmytwotime8004 3 года назад +1

T2 well produced but corny.

• @AnimeOtakuDrew
      @AnimeOtakuDrew 3 года назад

@@chrisdee1583 T2 makes sense overall, but is a lot more convoluted and (in the theatrical cut at least) had characters make some decisions that seem kind of random that only seem logical when viewed in light of deleted scenes. The original is much more straightforward and does better at telling its story, even in its original theatrical cut. T2 looks better better, but the original tells its story better.

• @chrisdee1583
      @chrisdee1583 3 года назад

@@AnimeOtakuDrew Convoluted? Random decisions? Examples? Can't agree at all there man,it isn't as good as the original but it makes perfect sense.

• @Vaporvice84
    @Vaporvice84 3 года назад

I also like to think that Cameron took juuuuust a little bit of inspiration from "Frankenstein". As the doctor uses electricity to bring something not quite human to life, Skynet create cyborgs that are also big and strong that learn to be human, and how do they arrive in our time? Yup, lightening and electricity.

• @eljefe6731
    @eljefe6731 3 года назад +2

With no CGI it felt more real then movies today. I think I prefer puppets and guys in costume than CGI. Like in The Thing or Harry and the Hendersons.

• @mindymcintosh1
    @mindymcintosh1 3 года назад

Great videos and hope you feel better very soon and don't worry about taking a week off we will all still be here when you are well.

• @Hail_To_The_King
    @Hail_To_The_King 3 года назад +1

T1 is the better movie imo, partly because it's an underdog. T2 was a sequel to a popular movie, had a huge budget with the world's biggest action star and an established director - Terminator is a grungy low budget badass movie that succeeds against the odds

• @HBrooks
    @HBrooks 3 года назад +1

T1 was mighty, and fueled imaginations worldwide. T2 set the pace for sequels, expanding on the original and continuing the plot while boosting the mythology.
    T1's effects fit the time (and apparently, the low budget) but were on par or better than the time.
    the subsequent films capitalized on it all, to varying degrees of success or failure.
    one constant - AHHHNOLD...

• @goldenboy82
    @goldenboy82 3 года назад +1

Another Outer limits episode that shares similarity with Terminator is "Demon with a Glass Hand"

• @michaelvol8922
    @michaelvol8922 3 года назад +1

The reason this movie was so popular was because it was original. None of the sequels had the same flavor as the original.

• @freez1ngsapper
    @freez1ngsapper 3 года назад +5

There’s a museum in Seattle, WA where a guy has a life size replica of a terminator. When faced with how big they are, and realizing it doesn’t have any conventional weak points like a squishy human, the terror of fighting one felt more real.

• @mcnall34
      @mcnall34 3 года назад

Where in Seattle?

• @freez1ngsapper
      @freez1ngsapper 3 года назад

@@mcnall34 it’s the late Paul Allen’s museum, it’s now labeled as the Museum of Pop Culture, 325 5th Ave.
      It’s worth going. When I went they had a David Bowie exhibit. But yeah, imagine being the biggest pop culture nerd and having the money to buy all the props from your favorite movies. That’s this place.

• @TriceyDiva
    @TriceyDiva 2 года назад

Met Linda Hamilton and she was very nice to me! I told her I was homeless and she not only bought my food but gave me $40 as well.

• @hansgrueber8169
    @hansgrueber8169 3 года назад

T1 will always be #1 for me. I watched it as a kid in the mid eighties and it scared the crap out of me.

• @PetePuebla
    @PetePuebla 3 года назад +3

The Terminator made Arnold Schwarzenegger and action Superstar. It wasn't Conan.

• @nicholasmelby5361
    @nicholasmelby5361 2 года назад +1

I personally think it is the best terminator movie. The second one was of course also great and had better special effects, but it was basically retelling the same story (with a couple twists) with different characters. Also I thought Arnold's portrayal of the terminator was far better in the original.

• @VCYT
    @VCYT 3 года назад

PS - the robot head scene is the most accruate effect of all as it shows a mechanical device, which is what the terminator actually is !

• @lorensims4846
    @lorensims4846 3 года назад +1

Oh, it's absolutely the best! A clearly low budget sci-fi movie that puts every dollar on the screen where it counts.
    Yeah, the sequel was great (I'll give this to Cameron, he figured out how to make spectacular sequels, all you need is a big budget) but it built entirely upon this original foundation.
    When I first saw this I couldn't even imagine a sequel. They gave us the whole story right there. I'm just delighted he gave us the phrase "tech noir." That says it.

• @brandondpersonal2988
    @brandondpersonal2988 3 года назад

Definitely one of the BEST SciFi movies ever! And had the BEST Sequel in T2.

• @j.scottvanlester4584
    @j.scottvanlester4584 3 года назад

Skynet caused its own birth because of the debris from the first terminator. It also caused its own death by causing Kyle Reese to go back in time and spawn its destroyer. A nice closed loop.

• @VCYT
    @VCYT 3 года назад

I saw this in 1984 - only about 20 in the cinema i recall.
    Best terminator film to this day !

• @r1too
    @r1too Год назад

Don't forget the unforgettable movie score. Guy made it in his garage.

• @xeroabyss9597
    @xeroabyss9597 3 года назад

10:07
    It's the cover to ''Metal Gear'', 1987.

• @JunkyCarrot
    @JunkyCarrot 3 года назад

I've read that Arnie's famous line was supposed to be "I'll come back" but then got changed to "I'll be back". I've never heard or read that it was supposed to be "I will be back". Not saying it isn't true but I've just never heard that part before.

• @jeffgill420
    @jeffgill420 3 года назад

@4:47 Endoskeleton. It's on the INSIDE of the flesh mask.

• @HemiChrysler
    @HemiChrysler Год назад

You don't understand the difference between an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton. A terminator, like a human, has an endoskeleton.

• @kingloser4198
    @kingloser4198 3 года назад

And of course, in that last halloween film, Strode basically is Sarah Connor from T2

• @Robslondon
    @Robslondon 3 года назад

Brilliant video as ever Minty.

• @danaberg6354
    @danaberg6354 2 года назад +1

Terminator was inspired by Halloween which has many similarities to Psycho. So, I guess if wasn't for Alfred Hitchcock's great movie there would have been no Terminator franchise.

• @DeathGoreGrindcoreChannel
    @DeathGoreGrindcoreChannel 3 года назад

I too saw T2 first and it would take some time to find a connection to the first one.

• @ksturmer5388
    @ksturmer5388 3 года назад

You ALWAYS give us great content, so a big CHEERS, Minty! :)

• @johnjamesleahy4065
    @johnjamesleahy4065 Год назад

The music is also pretty emotional, also am I the only one who thinks the total recall music sounds similar, also, like you, I saw T2 first as well haha

• @danm3570
    @danm3570 3 года назад

so much of this is really interesting, I don't know if I would love t1 now, though the picture quality has improved since the early 90s. Might actually look B Grade in HD, at the time I thought it was a time capsule of the 80s music and fashion

• @grahamjarman
    @grahamjarman 3 года назад +1

this movie terrified me watching it as a kid on hbo, very effective lol

• @edaniels240
    @edaniels240 3 года назад

Minty advertising the t-shirt to the Super Mario Bros. invincibility theme........LOL

• @JaneAxon123
    @JaneAxon123 3 года назад +1

It didn't seem like a B movie at the time, it was just awesome. T2 is basically pointless without it, as by the time it came out ten years later we were aching to see how they'd spin the time travel, what happened to Sarah, and the fact that the bad guy was now a movie star who wouldn't want to be a baddie again. And we were richly rewarded.

• @ecoloren6330
    @ecoloren6330 3 года назад +3

Kyle Reese: "In the future, all men have become sterile...so I don't actually have to use a condom." Sara Connor: "Oh. Well, in that case, no worries."

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 года назад

Did you think it was stupid in genesis how Sarah was all like if we fall in love you die Yaa but if you don’t mankind dies

• @varanid9
    @varanid9 3 года назад

I remember back when it first came out, the first thing I thought, when it was over, was that it was obviously ripped off from the old Outer Limits episode. "Harlan Ellison gonna sue someone!" He's always been a pretty excitable and vindictive guy by reputation.

• @VictorHernandez-nj2lo
    @VictorHernandez-nj2lo 3 года назад

Funny u should mention rambo & the alien sepuel.as the xenomorph was 1 of 4 guest characters in mortal kombat X.then in mortal kombat 11 we got terminator & rambo,along w/3 other guest charaters

• @oakriver2128
    @oakriver2128 3 года назад

Hey Minty! I think the scene where the terminator pulls up to the first Sarah Connor assassination is actually the scene filmed without a permit.

• @arturkarpinski164
    @arturkarpinski164 3 года назад

I guess Halloween too has a science fiction twist, the mask is Captain Kirk!!🖖

• @donnieolaughlin1758
    @donnieolaughlin1758 2 года назад

Sometimes I get up and break dance to that keyboard outtro.

• @theilluminatedone9214
    @theilluminatedone9214 3 года назад +1

6:07 I like Harlan Ellison and Hollyweird is full of thieves, so I had no problem believing Cameron stole the idea of the Terminator from him. Then I went and read the plotline and details of the story in question and it's a superficial resemblance, at best.

• @DarkLordPrime
      @DarkLordPrime 3 года назад

Exactly! Literally the only similarity is that there are two soldiers from the future who get sent to the past.
      And for most of Ellison's story, one of them is stuck in-between past and future!

• @blakelip3
    @blakelip3 3 года назад

That music score deserves an award on its own

• @Agentshadowolf
    @Agentshadowolf 3 года назад

LOL it's funny that Sylvester Stallone was approached to play the Terminator when if you look at the movie Last Action Hero that Arnold Schwarzenegger played in they had a mock-up appearance of Sylvester Stallone in The Terminator 2 poster

• @Boski391
    @Boski391 3 года назад

A great film by Cameron. Also a heads up. AI, Skynet. Things we must be vigilant about. Let's not stopping talking or thinking for ourselves.

• @lumen8r
    @lumen8r 3 года назад +1

You make me want to watch movies again, instead of just trolling RUclips for whatever. Thanks for that. Good on ya!
    (Not being an ironic asshole)

• @PozerAdultRacingTeam
    @PozerAdultRacingTeam 3 года назад +1

Yep, I have it on VHS.

• @johny5ive85
    @johny5ive85 3 года назад

Can you do a top ten of Guyver? What a film!

• @djwak59
    @djwak59 3 года назад

Awesome ! Thanks for ANOTHER great one.

• @TorQueMoD
    @TorQueMoD 3 года назад

Minty, I love your videos, but man you have got to invest in a better mic for your scenes in your room. It's so hard to hear you compared to the audio everywhere else.

• @ivermectin1974
    @ivermectin1974 3 года назад

I can’t imagine anyone in the terminator series being played by anyone else. Maybe John connors as a kid could be played by other kids.

• @vikingodin1986
    @vikingodin1986 3 года назад +1

Minty you are a gem in the dross that is RUclips

• @downtown_brown2254
    @downtown_brown2254 4 месяца назад

I agree, I sren "the terminator 2 judgment day ""3 or 4 times minimum before I finally bought "the terminator "out of birthday money... considering I was born 2 years after the first terminator came out..
    Terminator 2, is a sequel but can be a stand alone film if you haven't seen the first

• @WebVManReturns
    @WebVManReturns 3 года назад +1

I’ll be BACK...from buying a Minty tee soon.

• @curtisjackson1121
    @curtisjackson1121 3 года назад +1

I love Bill Paxton's part 👍 RIP

• @misanikolic9708
    @misanikolic9708 3 года назад

6:20 Harlan Ellison got shafted a few times by Hollywood, I recall that he had a terrible experience writing for Star Trek. On the other hand he really wasn't cut out for the collaborative nature of film and television, so it's hard to know where the truth lies in his complaints. What we can know for sure is that The Terminator is a remake of the 1966 film "Cuborg 2087," in which a robot, covered with synthetic flesh, comes back from the future to prevent a nuclear apocalypse...

• @theatheisthammer
    @theatheisthammer 3 года назад

The scene with the gun was meant to show how traumatised Kyle was from the future

• @williamqwest1799
    @williamqwest1799 3 года назад

@Minty Comedic Arts when are you going to do The Dark Knight Rises?

• @sinswhisper9588
    @sinswhisper9588 3 года назад

i had the same reaction to the thought of day old big mac's

• @damo9961
    @damo9961 3 года назад

As a kid/teenager, my favourite movie was always T2. As an adult it's T1

• @moonblitz9923
    @moonblitz9923 3 года назад

8:51 Love it, i actually burst out laughing.

• @forrestdupre9916
    @forrestdupre9916 3 года назад

"I'LL BE BACK"

• @shainewhite2781
    @shainewhite2781 3 года назад +96

OJ was considered to play the TERMINATOR, but James Cameron changed his mind saying, "He's too much of a nice guy to play the role of a ruthless killer". 😳🤦

• @KMFDM781
      @KMFDM781 3 года назад +9

Big oof

• @stevegeorge6880
      @stevegeorge6880 3 года назад +11

Before 1994, the most terrifying role we had ever seen him in was as officer Nordburg in the Naked Gun movies.

• @bonghunezhou5051
      @bonghunezhou5051 3 года назад +5

@@stevegeorge6880 Had OJ been cast in THAT role...1) Likely no "T3" (and beyond); and 2) Substantially reduced, if any, TV airings of the would-be pair of Terminator films since the mid-1990s 😞🤔

• @stevenyarnell
      @stevenyarnell 3 года назад +4

And, it is very hard to see the Arnold play a nice guy. Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All The Way were ok, but the terminator films, now THEY were when Arnold was at his best.

• @barneypaws4883
      @barneypaws4883 3 года назад +1

Too right!

• @quietcorner293
    @quietcorner293 3 года назад +421

OMG LMFAO. OJ Simpson not being believable as a killer.

• @jonplaud
      @jonplaud 3 года назад +20

Some good dark comedy

• @mainepants
      @mainepants 3 года назад +39

Kids today are like "Who is this Orange Juice guy and whats he got to do with The Simpsons?"

• @johnrife7134
      @johnrife7134 3 года назад +10

I mean, he got away with it didn't he?

• @MidnightRangeTM
      @MidnightRangeTM 3 года назад +5

Oops.

• @cobrian45
      @cobrian45 3 года назад +4

@@MidnightRangeTM ooopsiee

• @GregsVlog
    @GregsVlog 3 года назад +36

17:09 - I talked to Michael Biehn at Spooky Empire 2021 and he said it was James Cameron's garment bag that doubled as Reese's body bag.

• @joeottsoulbikes415
    @joeottsoulbikes415 3 года назад +111

When this came out I was 14 and lived in Wurzberg, Germany. My dad was in the US Army. We lived in town instead of on the military base. We were however a block from a small US Military mobile radio unit. The base only had about 1,500 soldiers but had a small cafeteria, bookstore, commissary, barber and movie theater. The theater had a screen about 12x15. That is where I first saw the movie. Then a month later it played at the big theater on the main base. The Army felt to keep moral up they would send all the new release movies they got to the smallest, most remote bases they had first. So a month later is when I finally got to see it on the big screen. I saw it a total of 10 times. 6 on the small base screen and 4 on the big screen before the movie was pulled.

• @duanethayer8716
      @duanethayer8716 3 года назад +4

I was stationed at Schweinfurt Germany and visited the main unit at wurzberg. I saw one of the Harry Potter movies in similar fashion.

• @luoku777
      @luoku777 3 года назад +2

Good times !

• @joeottsoulbikes415
      @joeottsoulbikes415 3 года назад +6

@@duanethayer8716 my dad was a Sergeant Major that handled the finance of training, deployments and gear for the division. My german neighbor kids were always begging me to take them on base as guest to see movies that would not be translated and released in germany for a long time and they wanted to go to the PX and have me buy things they could not get in town or that were taxed or rationed in someway in town.

• @moistbuttmonkey
      @moistbuttmonkey 2 года назад +4

My father was, Army as well. We were stationed in Schweinfurt. I was about 8. I found this movie to be terrifying! Yet, it captured my imagination. Still remember standing for the National Anthem before the movie. Ahhh, good times.

• @hunterolaughlin
      @hunterolaughlin 4 месяца назад

Wow! You’ve must’ve had every scene and line of dialogue memorized in your head from seeing the film 10 times! I bet 40 years ago, you could’ve recited any line or reenacted any scene from memory.

• @BearPaw1783
    @BearPaw1783 3 года назад +51

"Look at it this way. In 100 years who gonna care?" has always stuck with me.

• @Joobkl
    @Joobkl 3 года назад +93

This is why T1 & T2 was good..it had a horror vibe to it. You were genuinely scared when the T800 or T1000 appeared. The other sequels didn't envoke any genuine fear

• @brandonpage7087
      @brandonpage7087 3 года назад +3

Boy, is that ever true!! Starting with that stinking feces, Rise of the Machines, lmao!!

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 года назад +10

I love at the beginning of t2 you don’t know which is the good guy or bad guy till the mall scene

• @Sumermak
      @Sumermak 3 года назад +8

That music too.

• @Shanethefilmmaker
      @Shanethefilmmaker Год назад

Not from lack of trying though. Rise of the Machines, had two scary moments. One where the TX kills Kate's boyfriend, while the other, while posing as Kate's boyfriend she impales one of the cops through the back seat with her bare hand. Salvation's revealed that Marcus was a Terminator, was pure nightmare fuel.

• @joelbizzell1386
    @joelbizzell1386 3 года назад +39

This is actually my favorite of all the Terminator movies.
    It's just so gritty and grimy.
    Love that grindhouse feel.

• @seanlamar29
      @seanlamar29 8 месяцев назад +1

Grimey and gritty

• @TOCC50
      @TOCC50 8 месяцев назад +1

1984 was a great year

• @joelbizzell1386
      @joelbizzell1386 8 месяцев назад

@@TOCC50 ...in a sense, I suppose.
      😆

• @heisenberg8764
      @heisenberg8764 5 месяцев назад

Unpopular opinion: i hate the stupid ass way john connor was actually conceived 😂
      James cameron is so overated🤮

• @xharduchar4126
    @xharduchar4126 3 года назад +75

Funny part for me is I never realized Terminator was a B movie until my adulthood. This is the magic of James Cameron. T and T2 are on the best movies ever made list for sure...

• @andrewt6338
      @andrewt6338 3 года назад +2

Look up Galaxy of Terror. There is a gross part. Fair warning.

• @xharduchar4126
      @xharduchar4126 3 года назад

@@andrewt6338 Define "gross part" please? I watched it back in the day btw but I don't remember it much.

• @andrewt6338
      @andrewt6338 3 года назад

@@xharduchar4126 a giant maggot rapes a woman.

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 года назад +1

T1 can be also considered slasher as well as sci-fi where as t2 is sci-fi action

• @ryansizemore5064
      @ryansizemore5064 3 года назад

Terminator 1 has always felt hard to look at to me the way it was shot. The lighting and the formatting are blurry. Wish they would do a Director's cut and enhance it. I never watch this movie though. I like T2, T3 for a laugh and Salvation for an adult John Connor payoff.

• @rafterscott
    @rafterscott 3 года назад +21

8:15 Of course 9 years later in 1993 Sylvester Stallone would in fact play the Terminator in Last Action Hero.
    Kinda.

• @3000KJH
      @3000KJH 3 года назад +2

"He's fantastic. It's his best performance ever" 😀 I love the little digs they give each throughout their movies

• @bradfordhatch5085
      @bradfordhatch5085 3 года назад +2

That was of course a deliberate homage to the fact he was in the running to be cast in the original movie. :-)

• @nickperkins8477
    @nickperkins8477 3 года назад +74

I do appreciate James Cameron’s apparent disinterest in doing a Director’s Cut with better effects. Let the movie be what it is. It’s still pretty fantastic.

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 года назад +6

But he approved the new audio track, which in my opinion sucks compared to the mono mix

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 года назад +4

@@chrisvetor what.. you don’t like how Arnold’s gun sounds like it’s _sneezing?_

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 года назад +3

@@TheRealNormanBates lol what you mean?

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 года назад +5

@@chrisvetor when Arnold fires his .45 with the laser scope in the new 5.1 audio (specifically when he kills the first Sarah Conner), it makes this goofy, high pitched sound like a sneeze.

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 года назад +3

@@TheRealNormanBates ah yes now I know lol, yeah it doesn't sound as menacing as the original mono audio