Finally Fujifilm made a great F1.4 prime lens for video and street photography | XF 18mm F1.4 | X-T4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 17 сен 2024

Комментарии • 57

• @levisigne
    @levisigne 2 года назад +4

Definitely one of the best reviews I've seen for this lens (and I've seen a lot). I love how you included so much example footage. Thank you!

• @JoseOchoita
    @JoseOchoita 3 года назад +5

What a great video! A rare but very welcome YT recommendation. Excellent photo and video samples. It definitely is a great lens, but far out of my budget. Oh, well, a man can dream. I would love a refreshed f2 version, though. Cheers from Guatemala!

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад

Thank you for watching! Yes I agree, the 18mm F1.4 is not cheap at all. But it’s definitely worth the price as this lens is very versatile, for street photography and gimbal shoots, and the image quality is superb. Maybe wait for a price drop or look for a used one might be a good option. I also think the 18mm F2 pancake lens should get a refresh with WR and faster AF motor, the size of that lens is unbeatable!

• @trifolk
    @trifolk 3 года назад +1

Thank you for this honest review of the lens! I was thinking of adding it alongside with the 16mm 1.4.

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад

If you need fast and smooth AF for video, the 18mm might be a better choice

• @TheOnlyNightmare
    @TheOnlyNightmare Год назад

Thank you for this beautiful review. I am glad I stumbled onto your channel.

• @movichris
      @movichris  Год назад

thank you! more videos coming soon!

• @SHMLVIDEO
    @SHMLVIDEO 2 года назад

Thanks dude!
    I had some doubts about getting this lens but now they are gone. Appreciate your help

• @professionalpotato4764
    @professionalpotato4764 2 года назад +3

When I bought my XT4, I originally planned to keep it until the A7iv comes out and I switch to full frame. However, the size/performance of this lens is so amazing, I think I'll stick with Fuji for a while more. Currently in the full frame mirrorless world, there's no true native 28mm lens that beats this new Fuji 18mm. (apart from Leica)

• @Supercow-vb8sc
      @Supercow-vb8sc Год назад

U could try xh2 now, another level of high performance

• @professionalpotato4764
      @professionalpotato4764 Год назад

@Supercow AF still doesn't seem good enough. Jerred Z has a video showing it can't even track a kid doing a short jog/jump. I'm only keen on the XH2S, but might just get a Sony some eventually for the AF.

• @JustZG
    @JustZG 2 года назад +1

Thanks for the review. You sold me too go buy this lens

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад

The 18mm is a really good lens for street photography, vlogging, and gimbal shots

• @VictorAmaru
    @VictorAmaru 3 года назад

Increíble la calidad de tomas en tu vídeo. Muy inspiradora tu Review. Saludos desde Chile

• @denisagusevic5007
    @denisagusevic5007 3 месяца назад

Indeed the C-AF would suck on any Fujifilm body but paired with a nice diffusion filter this lens can be very cinematic.

• @JumpingWatermelons
    @JumpingWatermelons Год назад +1

Great video footage

• @ravinepz
    @ravinepz 3 года назад

Sach a beautiful video and amazing background music.

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад

Thank you for watching!

• @urbansoban2669
    @urbansoban2669 3 года назад

It looks great. Thank you for the excellent review. I've just bought the XF 16-55 2.8 (red badge). Still waiting for my X-T4 body - I can't wait to test the combo out and I hope I'll be able to get similar results despite the lens being a bit slower.

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад +1

thank you for watching! I use the 16-55mm as my main lens for run & gun shoots, the image quality is superb. Although the 16-55 is quite big and heavy, but it's definitely worth the price to replace 3-4 prime lenses.

• @urbansoban2669
      @urbansoban2669 3 года назад

@@movichris Thank you for your encouraging reply. If I may ask you a couple more things: are you happy with the way IBIS performs for handheld video (not for walking scenes - that would be too much to ask - you need a gimbal for that even if you have both IBIS and OIS) for architecture - street - portrait - landscape scenarios (my main aim is shooting tourism-related topics). What ND filters do you use?

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад +2

The IBIS is good for handheld static shots, slow panning and slow walking shots. The IBIS performs better with Fuji’s lenses, as I noticed a slight drop in steadiness when I use legacy lenses on the XT4 and XS10. A gimbal is definitely better if you need to archive smooth shots for walking, running, panning, and tilting.
      For ND filters, I suggest to avoid using Variable ND filters as there’s noticeable vignetting and soft detail, no matter how expensive or branded the variable ND is. I use Hoya/Kenko ND filters, ND 8 and ND 64. ND8 for cloudy days, and ND 64 for sunny days.

• @calumetdarren
    @calumetdarren 3 года назад

That bokeh is beautiful with the 1.4!

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад +2

Yes it is! Really love the bokeh you can get from this lens, especially when shooting closer to subjects

• @sitthikitraviveravan5885
    @sitthikitraviveravan5885 2 года назад

Your review is fantastic & useful

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад

thank you for watching!

• @nicsiu3261
    @nicsiu3261 3 года назад

Great video. Love from Hong Kong.

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад

Thank you for watching!

• @adambaileyshow361
    @adambaileyshow361 2 года назад

Excellent review

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад

thank you for watching!

• @user-ph1ob6nj7i
    @user-ph1ob6nj7i 2 года назад

Thank you for the review! How do you set Sharpness in camera? If you set it to -4, do you also find the sharpness too much for video? And if you reduce the sharpness in post?
    Have you used the 18mm 2.0? It is less sharp. Do you find it more pleasing for video?

• @mariusmocanrealestatephoto1378
    @mariusmocanrealestatephoto1378 2 года назад

Awesome review.

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад

thank you for watching!

• @johnnyway8667
    @johnnyway8667 6 месяцев назад

How is this lens for manual focus mode in Video? I've seen some videos complaining that the focus pulls are not smooth.

• @scopicdrive3942
    @scopicdrive3942 3 года назад

Great video ! Did you use a diffusion filter ?

• @animaxxx4429
    @animaxxx4429 3 года назад

Beautiful work as usual. Love the vibes your videos have. Soft, filmic look.
    Btw, I see you using K&F 2-128 variable ND. I want to know how does it perform in the vignette department with XF 10-24 at the wider end? I'm thinking of either getting the K&F variable ND 2-32 or Kase clip-in solid ND 16. Also what promist are you using? Thanks.

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад +1

I don't recommend using variable ND on the 10-24mm lens, as variable ND filters are thick, and that will cause vignetting at the wider end. In my experience, I have to zoom to 12 or 14mm to get rid of the vignette issue when I use variable ND. So it's better to use fixed ND, like ND8 or ND 64. The pro mister filter I'm using is the Kenko Black Mist No.05, it's great for softening the skin tones, and the city lights at night.

• @animaxxx4429
      @animaxxx4429 3 года назад

@@movichris Thanks. Can you test Kase clip-in solid ND Filters ? These filter go between lens and sensor. They are avaliable in HK I believe.

• @zispop
    @zispop 3 года назад

Great video thanks! What strength is that black pro mist?

• @movichris
      @movichris  3 года назад

It’s the Kenko Black Mist No.05, which is very suitable for softening the skin tones and the city lights at night

• @kamilswoboda3322
    @kamilswoboda3322 2 года назад

hey, nice review! it really helped. thank you!
    one question. 3:43 how do you use your smartphone (iphone?) as monitor? cause i am struggling with the fujifilm app, it was too buggy and laggy no chance do use it ... do you have an app for monitoring? greetings

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад

I use the DJI RSC 2 gimbal, and I also use the RavenEye image transmitter with the gimbal, and match with the DJI Ronin app to have live feed on my iPhone

• @smelian85
      @smelian85 11 месяцев назад

@@movichrishi please can you explain how to make this i have xt5 and i want to use my phone as live screen but cant find way .. i have dji 3 mini pro

• @mauricerijnders3507
    @mauricerijnders3507 3 года назад

The 18mm also shoots extremely close ;)

• @932nic
    @932nic 3 года назад +1

支持大老整個中文字幕

• @xikefocus
    @xikefocus 3 года назад

Does the lens have step-less aperture or does it behave like other Fuji lenses with steps?

• @TheMaxFray
      @TheMaxFray 3 года назад

Steps like the others

• @BlaxkNobility
    @BlaxkNobility 2 года назад

Which lens to you prefer between 16mm or
    18mm

• @movichris
      @movichris  2 года назад +1

the 16mm has a more unique look in terms of bokeh, the 18mm is good for AF-C in video, it's more responsive than the 16mm

• @jaegerschtulmann
    @jaegerschtulmann 3 месяца назад

The focus issue on video (hunting) is the camera, even on the xt5 is garbage.

• @tushardatta7502
    @tushardatta7502 3 года назад

18mm f1.4 or 23mm f1.4 which better than sharper pls help me

• @Gohjunyi88
    @Gohjunyi88 Год назад

18 or 23?

• @movichris
      @movichris  Год назад

I prefer using the 18mm as I do more street photography

• @rexlam4259
    @rexlam4259 2 года назад

會唔會有連繫方法可以搵到你,同你傾下計嫁!