Camels Hump | Burrows Trail | VT5 #5!

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 5 сен 2024
  • Super excited, this was the last of the 5 Vermont high peaks for the VT5 Challenge! 5.6 Mile hike up Camels Hump, Vermont's 3rd highest peak standing at 4,083 ft. This was an absolutely awesome true winter hike! It was cold and windy on the summit, the winds were 30-35mph and the temperature with windchill was -13! Not only was this my first true winter hike of the season, but it was my first ever, as I've always hiked in the summer! Hiking all of the Vermont high peaks was truly an amazing experience, and I will certainly be back to do them again!
    In less than a month I will be starting my next 2 challenges, The Winter Saranac Ultra 6er Challenge, a 31-mile hike with 8,500 ft of elevation gain in under 24hrs!! This will be in the Adirondacks at Saranac Lake! Of course, that Challenge also starts the NEU8 for me as well!
    November 20, 2022
    Camels Hump, Huntington VT
    5.6 miles
    2,297 feet of elevation gain
    ------------------------------
    Ambient Gold by Harris Heller
    StreamBeats by Harris Heller
    ------------------------------

Комментарии • 9

• @01247Brandon
    @01247Brandon Год назад +2

Looks untouched by civilization 😂

• @lariecarmel3347
    @lariecarmel3347 Год назад

It's a magical winter wonderland!!!

• @KmmBev
    @KmmBev Год назад +1

Great video- winter hikes are the best! Congrats🙌 good luck on you next challenge👍🏻

• @DerekGHikes
      @DerekGHikes  Год назад

Thank you! Yeah they are definitely beautiful!

• @AmandaDouin
    @AmandaDouin Год назад +1

Nice work! What was the wind chill up there..? I bought a wind meter but when I’m in the wind and cold I’m too lazy to use it lol

• @DerekGHikes
      @DerekGHikes  Год назад +1

Thanks! The windchill was -13 that day!

• @AmandaDouin
      @AmandaDouin Год назад

Oh man! Brrr. Sorry - just realized you wrote that info in the description 🤦🏻‍♀️

• @DerekGHikes
      @DerekGHikes  Год назад +1

@@AmandaDouin haha, no problem! 😊