Mount Mansfield | Hellbrook Trail | VT5 #1

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 21 окт 2022
  • This was my first time summiting Mount Mansfield as well as my first summit of the VT5 Challenge, and I decided to hike up the steepest and hardest trail on the mountain, The Hellbrook Trail. Along this route, there’s scrambling, climbing, steep ascents over wet bedrock, roots, mud, and tight squeezes between rocks. Descending this route was extremely sketchy in some spots. Unfortunately not much after I summited Adams Apple the views disappeared to some cloud coverage. This steep trail had an impressive 2,000 ft of elevation gain in just 1 mile.
    Mount Mansfield is the highest mountain in Vermont with a summit that peaks at 4,395 feet. This mountain is one of three in Vermont where true alpine tundra survives from the Ice Ages. A few acres exist on Camel's Hump and Mount Abraham nearby.
    October 20, 2022
    Mt. Mansfield, Underhill VT
    4.6 miles
    2,720 feet of elevation gain

Комментарии • 4

• @christopherwest5840
    @christopherwest5840 5 месяцев назад +1

You should have a drone camera to follow you back from those departure shots. Looks good

• @DerekGHikes
      @DerekGHikes  5 месяцев назад +1

Yeah, that would be cool, but there are so many regulations and restrictions with drone use. Especially in the Adirondacks, where I've been hiking more recently. So I feel it's just not worth getting into it, for myself anyway. Thanks for the suggestion and watching my video! Check out my other content if you'd like!

• @01247Brandon
    @01247Brandon Год назад

What elevation is this?

• @DerekGHikes
      @DerekGHikes  Год назад +1

904 ft. higher than Mt. Greylock, 4,395 ft.