Rear View Reversing Camera & Mirror Monitor Install VW T4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 9 сен 2024
  • In this short video, I show how I install and wire up a reversing camera with a rear view mirror monitor screen (See links below for item used). The rear view reversing camera is a very easy and straight forward install in almost any vehicle. I wire the reversing camera to a ignition switched live source, so the camera and mirror monitor come on when the ignition is turned on in the van. They can also be wired to only activate when reverse is selected, but I prefer to have a permanent switched live feed so the camera and monitor are on when the vehicle is on.
    The following are eBay affiliate links for items used in this video and as an eBay partner, I may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase:
    Reversing Camera with mirror monitor:
    hwb7h.app.goo....
    Consider supporting the channel by becoming a member:
    / @thecampervanbuilder
    Social:
    Visit My Campervan Builder Website (when it works)
    www.thecamperv...
    Consider Supporting My Channel Via Patreon:
    / thecampervanbuilder
    Follow My Facebook Page:
    / thecampervanbuilder
    Follow My Instagram Page:
    / thecampervanbuilder

Комментарии • 17

• @Legend-wu7pj
    @Legend-wu7pj Год назад +2

You can get a camera that replaces the number plate light. Proper fitting

• @danwiddison
    @danwiddison Год назад

Thank you for sharing this. I've had a bit of a problem getting my rear view mirror back onto the windscreen & it's now cracked!

• @kickasslabrat
    @kickasslabrat 5 месяцев назад

Fast forwarded through what I needed to see. Connecting up to the reversing light. Are you supposed to solder, I literally have no idea.

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  5 месяцев назад

doesn't need soldering as long as the connection is secure

• @christate590
    @christate590 2 года назад +1

Looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished product. How long do you think this conversion will take? Asking for a fiend. Cheers.

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  2 года назад +1

It’s finished now and I’m about to go away to give it a wilderness test soon.

• @giorgio.plazzotta
    @giorgio.plazzotta 3 месяца назад

Hi. did you power both the screen and the camera from the glove box light? so the camera and the screen are on continuosly when the engine in on?

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  3 месяца назад

Screen off glove box, camera off reverse light so it only comes on when reverse is enabled

• @meganhurrell9850
    @meganhurrell9850 2 года назад

They are called t tap connectors i believe, amazon do them

• @edwardhughes352
    @edwardhughes352 2 года назад +1

Nice video. Did you have to route the +ve wire from the camera to the front glove box?

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  2 года назад +1

The camera was connected to the live on the yellow Aux cable to the monitor as that can carry a live back to the camera and was shared with the glovebox light source

• @bigrob9921
    @bigrob9921 3 месяца назад

How is it holding up 1 year down the road

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  3 месяца назад

I've used a few of these and they all seem good, but I don't have the van anymore so can't confirm its still good on this instance

• @patrickevans9820
    @patrickevans9820 Год назад

Hi, have you ran your cable from the camera to the front?

• @crisrose9707
    @crisrose9707 2 года назад

How has this been to use?