Golf Irons Comparison | JPX 923 Hot Metal vs Stealth vs Rogue ST Max vs T300

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 22 авг 2024
  • This golf irons comparison pits some of the most popular game-improvement irons in 2022 against each other on Trackman. This golf irons comparison features the TaylorMade Stealth irons, Callaway Rogue ST Max irons, Titleist T300 irons, and the newly-released Mizuno JPX 923 irons.
    In this video, 2nd Swing's Drew Mahowald and Thomas Campbell use Trackman to compare four popular game-improvement irons in a head-to-head golf irons comparison.
    Shop irons at 2nd Swing: www.2ndswing.c...
    Schedule your award-winning 2nd Swing Tour Van club fitting for any of these iron models here: fitting.2ndswi...
    FOLLOW 2ND SWING GOLF ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
    Facebook: / 2ndswinggolf
    Twitter: / 2ndswinggolf
    Instagram: / 2ndswinggolf
    TikTok: / 2ndswinggolf

Комментарии • 90

• @pavlovscow
    @pavlovscow Год назад +22

Thank you for the average club speed!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +3

You are welcome, we are always looking for ways to have our viewers relate to the testing - Thomas

• @yanickmaurice3302
    @yanickmaurice3302 Год назад +2

Great video, thanks for presenting a swing speed that represents 80% of golfers.
    Keep doing this and you will separate yourself from all the youtube big names that have a swing that we can not refer to for club selection. Great team with Thomas the robot and Drew that I find absolutely excellent in his role, friendly and passionate to cover every aspect of the clubs. Too bad I am out of reach of Minnesota, I would absolutely love to be fitted by you guy’s!

• @dickbroomer7877
    @dickbroomer7877 Год назад +2

Hi Thomas great Video👍, The best Club comparison I have seen😁, (who ever selected the Iron’s needs a pat on the back), 7months ago got my set of T300 Iron’s
    7 Iron-8-9-PW-AW, in graphite shafts+1” & 2deg upright, (after club fitting), what was great when testing I could try the exact club spec I ordered👌, the feel of these Iron’s was better than others tested & the Wedges are superb (look & play like top class Wedges) so often overlooked when getting a set of new Irons👍With a slower swing speed (68mph) they perform brilliantly, Thanks Thomas Dickey 9hcp 75year Senior Golfer

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

Thanks for watching. It's like we knew the video you wanted to see - Thomas

• @darcaleedebogorski6076
    @darcaleedebogorski6076 Год назад +1

Thomas you always hit the balls so we’ll helping with a consistent review. Thanks guys!

• @emmetmcanulty-powell6324
    @emmetmcanulty-powell6324 Год назад +3

Playing the hot metal 921 and they are fantastic 👌 pulled my handicap down 8 shots from I started playing them. Practice and lessons always the key 🙃

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

8 shots that is very impressive! - Thpmas

• @sapbharat
    @sapbharat Год назад +2

Thanks for the review ! I ordered my JPX 923 Hot Metal before watching this video. Thanks to Golf Galaxy for the fitting, I tried all of the four brands and finalized JPX 923 Hot Metal.. it's weird ..I was little bit nervous when I placed the order, after watching this video feeling better, Thanks again for sharing this video !

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

Glad to hear you were taken care of. If oyu live near a 2nd Swing loction come visit us next time - Thomas

• @johnpetolillo288
      @johnpetolillo288 Год назад +1

Did your clubs come in yet? What made you decide on the 923? I’m up in the air about them or the 921. Just wasn’t sure if there is a real difference between the two

• @sapbharat
      @sapbharat Год назад

@@johnpetolillo288 not yet but I went to Golf Galaxy yesterday, they told me it will take at least 4-5 weeks....I will comment here as soon as I receive my irons..

• @joebuckley5551
    @joebuckley5551 Год назад +1

I got fitted today and left with 923 HMPros. Oddly it came down to them or the big berthas with are a completely different club head. I also tried the stealth, t350, aerospeeds, g430s and the rogues. Of the others the aerospeeds came in third for me. The rest I was not feeling at all and those were the ones I was most interested in. Funny how it goes but my 923s with 105 steel shafts are ordered I’ll have them in 3 weeks.

• @jhamPlays
    @jhamPlays Год назад

Just tried these 4 getting fitted for new irons. Didn't feel like I was hitting the Rogue and Stealth all that well. Was hitting the T300 really well, nice and high, but the star of the show was the JPX. It felt great on a couple of shots that I felt my hands turned over a bit, which was going 30yds left with the other clubs, but only about 10 left with the JPX.
    Looking at results it was between the T300 and JPX, but when it came down to feel, the JPX won by a mile. The others all felt much more like you expect a bigger clubhead to feel, and the JPX just felt like it just teleported the ball into the air, which suits my preferred feeling of not having to fel like I'm going after it to get a nice ball flight.

• @jvande102
    @jvande102 Год назад +1

The consistency in distance and dispersion of the JPX 923 is really impressive.

• @stephenkujan
    @stephenkujan Год назад

"Get into the ideal 7-iron window". Love that remark from Thomas!

• @stephenkujan
    @stephenkujan Год назад +3

I applaud Thomas on slowing down his swing but if you look at the numbers his swing speed increased as he progressed from club to club. What would these number look like had he reversed the order? Wouldn't the Stealth have come out on top?

• @MrLittlejonboy
    @MrLittlejonboy Год назад

923 HM being built with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus Tour 105 Steel Stiff hard stepped. Can’t wait! hit Ping430, T300, T200, Ping i525 at fitting and mizuno felt the best and dispersion made me feel a lot better than my handicap.

• @zezekable
    @zezekable Год назад

So I tried the JPX 923 and the Callaways 3 times before making up my mind, and interestingly, I was able get the ball much higher with the Callaways than I did with the Mizunos. Ended up going with the Callaways ( still lower spinning, but my landing angle kept the ball in place ). Goes that show that every golfer has their own swing and that trying out clubs really is important.

• @deandesrosiers6857
    @deandesrosiers6857 Год назад

I thomas is the best club tester on the net these days. He is so consistent, knowledgable and neutral. I game the 921 forged and accuracy has been amazing. Left right and distance seems so easy to control.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Thanks for the feedback. That's the goal, unbiased reviews with consistent data - Thomas

• @maz_mtb3266
    @maz_mtb3266 Год назад +3

Loving the look of that 923. Crazy to think about loft differences between iron sets. My 7i is 33 degrees in a box set of clubs from Dicks with avg 145-150 distance. Can't imagine a 27-29 degree 7i.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

You are going to be shocked in the numbers! But if you don't have enough speed for the longer clubs you can actually loose distance in clubs like 4 & 5irons - Thomas

• @canarywundaboy3944
    @canarywundaboy3944 Год назад +1

The consistency of his swing and the divot... 😮

• @pro-waresupport4921
    @pro-waresupport4921 Год назад +4

Thomas, great, great video. This validates my selection of the T300 more than a year ago. I've tested other irons and nothing seems to match distance and dispersion. With every round I feel more confident when I pull a club from the bag. I think the 2021 T300 stood up very well to the JPX 923 (just released) and I'm sure there will be some improvements in the T300's new release next year.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +2

Thanks for watching. T300 going all the way back to AP1 have been very good. - Thomas

• @jhamPlays
      @jhamPlays Год назад

I hit the T300s and the JPX when getting fitted and the T300s did nothing but go straight. I much preferred the feel of the JPXs and hit a few not so great shots which I felt it didn't punish me for.

• @cameronloveless1751
    @cameronloveless1751 Год назад +2

Interesting you didn’t comment on feel. Which was the nicest Thomas?
    JPX had excellent numbers with the tightest distance dispersion. Also the best looking. The Callaway got a real flyer there, and that would worry me.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

They are all fairly similar on feel. More of and explosive feel compared to forged iron - Thomas

• @ddeboy002
    @ddeboy002 Год назад +3

t300s all the way. Knowing you're going to hit a specific distance all the time improves anyone's game.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Consistency is key. Dispersion especailly narrower left to right is going to be the winner - Thomas

• @jhamPlays
      @jhamPlays Год назад

T300 does nothing but go straight

• @peter_d_73
    @peter_d_73 Год назад +1

Thank you! 🙏 ... Just what I needed. Much appreciated from 🇦🇺.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Thanks for watching! - Thomas

• @bpatienceb-atease2333
    @bpatienceb-atease2333 Год назад

Great video and very informative, thanks for slowing down the swing speed to about 80 mph ish.

• @danielcohen3159
    @danielcohen3159 Год назад +2

Great test, guys. I like it when Thomas slows down to normal human speed for us. I think the spin numbers on Stealth might have been higher on average because of the three shots off to the right - maybe face was open a bit, which will bring spin up and kill a little distance. Maybe Thomas was still figuring out how to time the release at that slower speed in those first shots.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

Yes, if the face is open the ball will spin more and fly higher. Slowing the speed is usually easier to time the release than faster but it could be a factor - Thomas

• @harryp.1679
    @harryp.1679 Год назад

Another very informative video. My current set is about 10 years old with irons starting at 27* 6i to 4 wedges with about 10 yard gapping. Will get fit but with stronger lofts on new models, if I start with a 7i won't I need 5 wedges for good gapping.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Not necessarily. I understand the concern but it will depend on how far you hit your clubs. Since you only have 10 yard gaps between each club there won't be as much separation of gapping compared to a golfer that has 12-15 yard gaps between each club. - Thomas

• @dcosklo
    @dcosklo Год назад +1

Are you using the same shaft for each club you are testing?

• @fxphenomX
    @fxphenomX 19 дней назад

Love Mizuno

• @prezzzrock
    @prezzzrock Год назад +1

Wish he would have talked about the sound and feel of each. Mainly the JPX vs. Stealth.

• @jhamPlays
      @jhamPlays Год назад

JPX has them all beat on feel imo. The others all feel like you would expect a bigger clubhead to feel but the JPXs are butter.

• @jamespark3399
    @jamespark3399 Год назад

Another great review. Thanks 😊

• @M-TEK1
    @M-TEK1 Год назад +1

Great review! Thank you!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

Thanks for watching! - Thomas

• @jbh199
    @jbh199 Год назад +1

Another great video Thomas, you mentioned that with that swing speed you expected the decent angle to be 40 to 45. My 7 iron speed is around 65 mph with launch angle between 20 to 25. What should I expect my decent angle to be. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

The good news is with 65mph launching the ball up to 25 degrees will help get the ball in the air. Its going to depend on your attack angle but if you can get to 38-40 with 65mph speed with a 7iron that is good. I do suggest assessing the longer irons though - Thomas

• @jbh199
      @jbh199 Год назад

@@2ndswing Thanks Thomas, appreciate you getting back to me. I will look into the longer irons.

• @paulmcgee1867
    @paulmcgee1867 Год назад +1

Did you notice anything different about the T300 lie angle?

• @johnpetolillo288

Great video and very informative. Quick question maybe you can help. Is there a real difference between the Mizuno 923 vs 921? I know it’s nickel chromoly now but I wasn’t sure if it’s really worth upgrading. The 921s are a great set of clubs! Really enjoy them. Thanks in advance

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +2

One generation you are not going to see major differences. But results will be player dependent with a full fitting to assess club speed, lie angle, shaft options and choosing the correct 921 or 923 head - Thomas

• @johnpetolillo288
      @johnpetolillo288 Год назад

@@2ndswing Thank you for the response. I wasn’t sure if they felt differently as well with the nickel chromoly. Did you notice a difference between the two heads (921 vs 923) as far as feel? I’m sure distance wise will be similar even though it may be a degree or so stronger on the 923. Was just curious on if the feel changed or not. Thanks again

• @allahalibaba9063
    @allahalibaba9063 Год назад

Great review...you almost wear Thomas out with all those sweet swings...Thanks

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Thanks for watching! I can get in a groove with the swings but I definitely can't hit as many balls as I used to - Thomas

• @NickMaiers-hg3de
    @NickMaiers-hg3de Год назад

Awesome video!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Thanks for watching - Thomas

• @DaveFogel
    @DaveFogel Год назад

You guys took my golf ball advice! Sweet!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Always looking for suggestions to improve the channel! - Thomas

• @DaveFogel
      @DaveFogel Год назад

@@2ndswing i would say though you said premium balls. Does that mean premium range balls or a pro v1 type ball.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Pro V1x inside and outside. Never range balls - Thomas

• @DaveFogel
      @DaveFogel Год назад

@@2ndswing Very helpful for the viewers! I can't belive you guys dont have over 50K followers yet with such good content!

• @user-yd1xv2bd8j
    @user-yd1xv2bd8j 6 месяцев назад

どう見てもMizunoJPX923が1番結果良かった
    真ん中に集中してる
    T300より飛距離も飛んでるから
    CallawayとTaylormadeは左右に曲がってる

• @johnpetolillo288

Is there a noticeable difference of feel between the 921 vs 923 with it being nickel chromoly now?

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

I don't notice too much especially in the hot metal irons as they feel really explosive and solid regardless. However they don't feel clicky at all which I sometimes feel in game improvement irons - Thomas

• @johnpetolillo288
      @johnpetolillo288 Год назад

@@2ndswing thank you for the input. I’m currently contemplating between the 921 HM and 923 HM at the moment

• @sumimasn
    @sumimasn Год назад +2

why do u have Thomas who is a killer golfer test game improvement? why not use someone who struggles to break 100 or 90's (like a 20 or so cap) who would benefit from these irons more than a scratch golfer?

• @NickMaiers-hg3de
      @NickMaiers-hg3de Год назад +4

His consistent swing, at any speed, makes him a perfect club tester.

• @sumimasn
      @sumimasn Год назад +1

@@NickMaiers-hg3de The fact that he has a consistent swing is my main point. Many of us who are working on achieving a consistent swing are interested in game improvement irons to help as we take lessons and or work on our swing. do not have a consistent swing or for someone who only has the time to play a couple rounds a year shooting 90-100. So, match the club type with a tester of the swing type the model is mostly targeted towards. I know an 8 cap who plays game improvement irons, but an 8 cap probably has more viable choices and most 8’s Ive played with (I play about 45-50 rounds a year) play more workable clubs vs a 20 cap possibly seeking a bit more forgiveness and may not be ready to work the ball or shot shape as yet. Many golfers will never be anywhere close to as good as this tester and always only ever buy and play game improvement irons like these.

• @danielcohen3159
      @danielcohen3159 Год назад +3

Sumimasn - I understand why you would ask that, and it's a good question. The answer is a little counterintuitive: even though these clubs are designed to be played by a less-skilled player, if we really want to know what the clubs do, and how they differ from one another, they need to be struck consistently, which means they must be hit by a skilled golfer. What I do think would be a good idea is for Thomas to purposefully hit some shots off the heel and toe - some bad shots - so we can see if any clubs do better on off-center hits, since this is one thing that all the manufacturers brag about, but is very difficult to confirm.
      The difficulty with collecting data from a high handicap is that you get numbers that are just all over the place - strike is all over the face, there are chunks and thins which throw spin and carry numbers off, etc. So the averages you get are basically meaningless, and you end up having to throw out half the shots. These numbers are, of course, very useful for the individual player in a fitting or lesson to understand their swing better, but don't help us to understand anything much about the clubs being used.

• @NickMaiers-hg3de
      @NickMaiers-hg3de Год назад

@@sumimasn
      I understand your point. For me his consistent swing/impact shows the different launch, spin, and distance of the different iron designs. Knowing that the club is giving different results, not the impact location, is what I'm looking for.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +2

The other replies have answered this question pretty well. It is tough to have a higher handicap golfer testing clubs due to consistency. We have done it but we need to delete a lot of shots from the data for it to be reliable. I like the suggestions about testing heel and toe strikes. Look for more contributors with different skill level such as Jackie, Skylar & Danny that we have had test clubs for us in the past as we continue to explore options but this is a great question. - Thomas

• @j10browngmail
    @j10browngmail Год назад +1

I went from 85 to 117 in 6 months. Use your hips and buy a weighted swing trainer and get out of the 80s. My 7 is 93. I’m over 40 with back problems.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

That is some serious speed gains. Nice work - Thomas

• @windyknot2094
    @windyknot2094 Год назад

Q; Why do we need to see these guys HIT the ball?? Sure they are good with nice swings But it ain't me and Im the buyer. Show me the statistics. This is kind of dumb if you think about it.

• @clientbuilding8737
    @clientbuilding8737 Год назад

I’m a low handicap +5 senior golfer with about a 75 7 iron swing speed. I want to get new irons but struggling narrowing it down. Like the look of the player distance irons but get more distance with the player improvement irons. My concern is gapping, consistency and feel. There are a lot of golfers like me, any suggestions? Thx, Ric

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

I would really pay attention to the loft on the irons based on your club speed with a 7iron. You don't want to sacrifice spin and landing angle. Retro spec in a game improvement may provide forgiveness but not the crazy inconsistent distances. What irons are you currently playing? - Thomas

• @clientbuilding8737
      @clientbuilding8737 Год назад

@@2ndswing Thanks for the reply. I’m currently playing Callaway XR irons, that have a lot of offset and are on the chunky side. I purchased them when I had health issues and was about a 20 handicap. I have since retired, my health has improved and my handicap is down to 5. I would like to get something that is more a player iron for workability and consistent distances. My concern is losing distance since I only hit a 7iron that is 30.5 deg loft avg. 145 yds now. I have a relatively high ball flight and my miss is a thin shot or off the toe. Thx, Ric.

• @jch3200
    @jch3200 Год назад

How about testing the cheapest clubs out there for those of us who don't have thousands of dollars on clubs?

• @discpl4yer
      @discpl4yer Год назад +3

These aren’t as expensive as you think. I bought the JPX921 last year for less than $700. Shop around, really pleased with my purchase.

• @timothysoto3254
      @timothysoto3254 Год назад

check OUT SAS CHANNEL

• @j_law
      @j_law Год назад +1

Check out Sub70

• @craigs19721972
      @craigs19721972 Год назад

Get models that are like from 2018 -2020. I have JPX Hot Metal 900 and they are amazing. I'd guess they be very cheap 2nd hand now.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад +1

A good option is Tour Edge or even used but I like the idea for includng a testing bracket based on prices - Thomas

• @michaelrood2751
    @michaelrood2751 Год назад +1

The callaway looks hideous

• @NebraskaPharmer
    @NebraskaPharmer Год назад

I also tried these clubs except the stealth my swing speed with a 7 iron is about 95. The JPX really gets up and stays up and comes down steep with lots of spin. The only issue I have is that the 4 and 5 have a very small gap. But that’s at 230-240 so I am really not accurate enough to use more distance. I just ordered the JPX HM. I rarely try to work the ball so decided against the Pro model for max help. Nice Blue Hagen shirt wearing the same one. Wife thinks I am a nerd for noticing.

• @christophecarre5878
    @christophecarre5878 Год назад +3

i just got fitted for new irons and ended up going with the 923s. still waiting for them to be delivered, but when i tried the 4 and the 7 iron they felt so good and I ended up gaining 20-30 yards on my shots compared to my old irons.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Год назад

Let us know what the results are like outside when you get them - Thomas

• @kurtheitman552
      @kurtheitman552 Год назад

Just about exactly what happened for me yesterday at my club fitting. Coincidentally, I tried all of these same irons tested here. Another key was the KBS tour lite shafts. Previously had Ping G410’s.