WE HAVE TO SELL OUR VAN. Budget Van Conversion - VW T3 (T25)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 2 окт 2024
  • Thank you to Rosetta Stone for teaching us Italian (+ partnering on this video!)
    If you'd like up to 50% off please use this link! bit.ly/3OnF7OA
    This week the van is very much nearing completion!
    Our coffee machine - amzn.to/3SnV8mk
    Get your Ecoflow here uk.ecoflow.com...
    (affiliate links)
    About our boat:
    1980 Harborough Marine/Black Prince
    50' Cruiser Stern
    1.5 BMC Diesel Engine
    Completely empty, soon to be our water based retreat
    Have you subscribed yet?
    / danniandjoe
    Socials:
    Team - / danniandjoe
    Danni - / danniandherpassport
    Joe - / joeylessex
    Facebook - / danniandjoe
    Patreon - / danniandjoe
    Danni & Joe

Комментарии •

• @ItsOhJoe
    @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +2

Thank you to Rosetta Stone for teaching us Italian (+ partnering on this video!)
    If you'd like up to 50% off please use this link! bit.ly/3OnF7OA

• @jayb429
    @jayb429 Год назад +5

Hi Joe great vlog, as always! Really pleased you are getting more sponsors! More than happy to watch an ad or two for all the hard work you do

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Really appreciate it! Whilst the channel’s still small they’re really helpful to keeping us afloat pardon the pun!

• @isobelchapman9548
    @isobelchapman9548 Год назад +5

Thanks as always for your vlog Joe….your hard work always pays off and I, for one, don’t at all mind your advert…all power to you both xx

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you Isobel really appreciate it!

• @glennclarke9787
    @glennclarke9787 Год назад +1

Nice one Joe 😮

• @simonsimpsonuk
    @simonsimpsonuk Год назад +2

another great video many thanks

• @Falney
    @Falney Год назад +8

When ever I say "I need to buy a 3mm drill bit" I mean "I need to buy 10 3mm drill bits because I am going to break 9 on the first hole"

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

This is too accurate! Every time! 😂😂😂

• @oldboy1690
      @oldboy1690 Год назад

Your not alone there pal.

• @paulcharleton3208
    @paulcharleton3208 Год назад +2

There's a very famous funny cartoon that we had on the wall in the office of two ants pointing at a diagram of a plan on which the last step says "and then a miracle occurs". I think we've just seen that happen on the van build! Its suddenly come together. Well done for sticking at it. Also please dont be discouraged by the occasional nasty comments. Many channels have them as there are quite a few unappreciative people out there. Fortunately there are thousands of us who wait for your weekly videos and very much enjoy them.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +2

😂😂. Thanks Paul really appreciate your kind messages every week!

• @cluckgould2954
    @cluckgould2954 Год назад +2

You always work so hard Joe 💪 love the vlogs and tunes. ❤️

• @francinesiddaway7191
    @francinesiddaway7191 Год назад +1

Awesome!!! 🤩 Roseeeeetta 😂

• @NicksAllotmentDiary
    @NicksAllotmentDiary Год назад +2

Hi Danni and Joe. Great job on the van. Shame you’ve not been able to keep him. The upgrades you’ve done will certainly benefit the new owners. Take care. Nick

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Thank Nick! Yes we hope he'll make a nice van for the new owners!

• @janeconstantine576
    @janeconstantine576 Год назад +1

In Italy, cars over four years old must undergo a roadworthiness test (revisione) every two years. If the car is over 30 years old, a reduced car tax (bollo auto) is payable (apparently).

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Interesting that their MOT's are only every 2!

• @Westexec
    @Westexec Год назад +2

Hello to you both. Sorry to hear you re planning to sell Vincent. I was hoping to see you have a little adventure out in him. Up in the wilds of Scotland or something like that. Still, I’m sure you will do what is right for you. Just as long as you are both enjoying what you are doing and are both happy. Looking forward to next weeks adventures.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +2

Yes we love Scotland, would love to head back up there in him, maybe if he doesn't sell straight away we'll get a chance!

• @stewartwalker7740
    @stewartwalker7740 Год назад +1

How much are you looking for As I’m most interested

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

We’re thinking of listing for £7k and seeing what offers come in, we’ll let everyone know once it’s finished! 🙂

• @sheilajoseph9953
    @sheilajoseph9953 Год назад +2

Great job done on restoring vincent, shame you have to sell,maybe you can buy another vincent in italy. Just to add im interested in vincent, guess you will have a lot of your subscribers wanting to rescue him.😊

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you! Yeah we’ll get another one when the time is right! We’ll be posting him on eBay once he’s sorted and make sure to post the link here!

• @howardthomas1490
    @howardthomas1490 Год назад +1

How much will the van cost to buy?😊

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

We’re thinking of listing for £7k and seeing what offers come in, we’ll let everyone know once it’s finished! 🙂

• @themanofthewoods
    @themanofthewoods Год назад +1

Did Vincent need to be mot'd prior to gaining historic status?

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

No just a trip to the post office with your logbook, they send it off to DVLA then we should just get an updated V5 in the post

• @themanofthewoods
      @themanofthewoods Год назад +1

Thanks guy's. I must send mine off then. As I thought you needed a valid MOT first. Keep up the good work with your channel

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you!

• @JohnGlover-e5c
    @JohnGlover-e5c Год назад +1

Just a small tech point, AC cables should be seperated from DC. because AC fluctuates from + to - 50 time a second you can get induced currents in the DC cables. You need to read up on electrical induction. All to do with magnetic fields.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Ah yes good point. We did this on the boat, we’re not actually connecting the AC up as no inverter there it just depends if the new owner installs one

• @lynmoore8355
    @lynmoore8355 Год назад +1

Great work guys, you sure are doing this van buid really good, sad you going to sell it...

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank Lyn, we won’t be sad if it doesn’t sell 😂😫

• @vadmal5210
    @vadmal5210 Год назад +1

Nice progress. Now there are two things missing; a bird for success and a bird for your italian tongue

• @sandyprosser805
    @sandyprosser805 Год назад +1

Oh joe such a shame to sell it after all your hard work, hope you get a good deal on it. See you next week. 😊

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you! Yeah it is a shame, we won't be sad if he doesn't sell put it that way.. 😂

• @richardsmith5249
    @richardsmith5249 Год назад +1

Another reason to use hardboard is that it won't splinter in a crash, unlike plywood.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Never thought of that!

• @richardsmith5249
      @richardsmith5249 Год назад

@@ItsOhJoe When Bailey's caravans (of Bristol, obvs) started making motorhomes, they bought a few of their competitors' machines, to see what they were getting into. And then they had them crash-tested. What they found so appalled them that they shared the data with the rest of the industry.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

@@richardsmith5249 Wow! One of Danni’s cousins works for Baileys now. That’s a bit like Volvo sharing the 3 point seat belt patent (think it was Volvo!).

• @bettyourcampervan
    @bettyourcampervan Год назад +1

Another fab video guys! I just got my first sponsor 🤣🤣

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you & Awesome, congratulations! It’s an exciting step!

• @chrisward7387
    @chrisward7387 Год назад +1

how much? xx

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

We’re thinking of listing for £7k on eBay and see what offers we get

• @alanjohn6355
    @alanjohn6355 Год назад +1

Good to see the progress on the van, its looking good, even in the "50 shades of blue" shame you have to sell it, but I understand the thinking behind it.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you! If it doesn’t sell we won’t be sad 😂

• @leightonlewis4954
    @leightonlewis4954 Год назад +1

I love your vids, please can you tell me where you got your interior lights from ??

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you! www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185419618106?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xrvzvldstiw&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=4htFw773Ree&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY but if you do order them, check they both work as I left it too long and one won’t work 😂

• @annclark5082
    @annclark5082 Год назад +1

I dont know if i have missed it in the past but every week I wonder and ask the husband why Christine, Maurice Paul and Scott get a special mention.
    I am driving hubby insane 😂😂😂

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

😂😂 so we have a Patreon account and these guys have helped us out financially since starting the channel, there’s a tier than gets your name in the credits, we wanted to think of ways to thank them!

• @annclark5082
      @annclark5082 Год назад +1

@@ItsOhJoe oh thank you 👍 The husband is going to be so relieved 😂 I would like to thank them too. Without wonderful people like them we might not get to see you both every week.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

@@annclark5082 he’ll sleep well tonight hopefully! 😂😂 it’s people like you leaving comments that keep us going too, honestly!

• @VehiclesvsfordDEEP
    @VehiclesvsfordDEEP Год назад +1

Your very clever Joe. That wiring looks good. Great job 👍

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you appreciate it!

• @nealart
    @nealart Год назад +1

You won’t have any trouble selling that. Classic.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Hopefully not, although part of us wants him not to sell so we can keep him 😂😂

• @santfekuss
    @santfekuss Год назад +1

Well done 👏 … quite enjoying these posts … it’ll be a shame to sell it tho

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Yeah 100%, we won’t be sad if it doesn’t help! 😂

• @Garytytler
    @Garytytler 8 месяцев назад

How much for the van

• @everythingspain9442
    @everythingspain9442 Год назад +1

Shame you have to sell her😢 Thank you for the update👍

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Yeah it’s a shame, if it doesn’t sell then we won’t be sad to be stuck with it!

• @timhaywood2282
    @timhaywood2282 Год назад +1

Great video good luck with the sale

• @Tori_Garcia
    @Tori_Garcia Год назад +1

Really enjoying your channel . Thank you .

• @sim6699
    @sim6699 Год назад

I can understand your motivation for selling but somewhat disagree. Assuming you sell this T25 to buy a property when you later buy another T25 given the prices to buy, part prices & availability, its the logical choice. Short of paying £10k+ it's likely to need work too. I doubt you will get more £6k for your current air cooled, meaning a lot of work to make a little profit. Although in 1985 Volkswagen improved the quality of cars, likely a factor in most T25 survivors being 1986 and older, described as late T25s when buying parts. Why did you not buy a diesel, either 1.6 turbo diesel or 1.6 diesel ready to fit a 1.9 diesel 1Y or AEF if you can find one. In a autosleeper, autohomes or Holdsworth vision being my favourite conversion. Much more reliable and around 35-40 miles to a gallon on a run. Plus less work (Holdsworth used lots of solid wood.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

I’ve never owned anything air cooled so it was a chance to tick that box off. The problem is we’ve got plans right the way through the whole of next year that won’t leave time for the van so it’ll sat around for 12 months at very least, plans have changed and we unfortunately can’t afford to have that money tied up in a van we can’t use

• @katefinnegan8129
    @katefinnegan8129 Год назад +1

Loads done on Vincent Joe.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Thank you so close now! 😂

• @Dore60
    @Dore60 Год назад +1

👍

• @senta2431
    @senta2431 Год назад +2

Hi Joe, once again an exzellent video. Great job, well done. Its a shame that I don't live in the UK I would have loved to have bought the van. I don't think the wife would have agreed.I already own a camping mobil and caravan in Denmark. Keep up the good work. All the best Steve from Germany.

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Denmark’s beautiful! Where abouts do you keep it to? We visited in our sprinter and fell in love with Romo beach on the west, was pretty much our first experience of vanlife in a country we hadn’t visited before

• @senta2431
      @senta2431 Год назад +1

We are on Fanö, thats just above Romo. We have visited Fanö for well over 15 years .As I went into retierment we managed to get a permanent site. We have been there now three years a great place. Takecare👍

• @lawrencewilson2457
    @lawrencewilson2457 Год назад +1

I'm interested, how much do you want for it?

• @kelsvlogs52
      @kelsvlogs52 Год назад +2

I've come to ask the same question as we're looking for a van too though not quite as old but depends on price 😊

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

We’re thinking of listing up on eBay for somewhere around £7000 and see what offers pop up, we’ll lose money on it but it’s been an experience to say the least!

• @lawrencewilson2457
      @lawrencewilson2457 Год назад

@@ItsOhJoe So you would take £7k cash now? Don't forget if you get £7k on eBay you'll be lucky to end up with £6,200 after all the fees. How does this sound - deliver it to me get £7k cash and your bus fair home? I sound like Jim Bowen😂😂🤣🤣🤣

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

@@lawrencewilson2457 😂😂 we’ll keep in touch as long as you’re not in John o’ Groats

• @lawrencewilson2457
      @lawrencewilson2457 Год назад

@@ItsOhJoe South Wales, SA14

• @oneshoan
    @oneshoan Год назад +1

I don’t mind the ads, especially if they help you buy things you need.
    I watched this again and saw so much that I’d missed! I’m proud of you! You did so much work. And I’m all about living in two different countries and cultures. Thank you 🙏

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

Thank you really appreciate it!

• @cliffwoodbury5319
    @cliffwoodbury5319 Год назад +1

U should have had a different title Joe and you shouldn't give that information of selling the van so quickly because there is no reason (for non subscribers) to watch the video after that..... bad salesmenship. A good title would have been "2 SELL OR NOT 2 SELL" and save the decision untill the end with an epic climax though you may pitch the question a few times before then before the climatic decision...

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

That’s a good shout Cliff you could come work in our office (when we get one!) 😂😂

• @cliffwoodbury5319
      @cliffwoodbury5319 Год назад

@@ItsOhJoe I like to write and while I am not good at spelling or grammer I know how to present ideas very well.

• @Mr650414
    @Mr650414 Год назад +3

What a waste of time and energy but hey content got fulfilled! Those cabinets should bring in 50p 😅

• @Tori_Garcia
      @Tori_Garcia Год назад

Miserable git

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +2

It was entertaining at least! We’ll leave £20 of petrol in there so it’ll be worth about £20.50 all in 😂

• @Conflictofinterest902
    @Conflictofinterest902 Год назад +2

Another abandoned project for paid content and freebies. Should have know better when I first started watching.
    I guess if people are silly enough to fund other peoples lifestyles then more power to you

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад +1

The only thing worse than ‘abandoned’ projects would be not starting at all wouldn’t it? We find joy in giving anything a go (at least once anyway! 😫😂). As for the adverts, YT ads revenue doesn’t pay the bills unfortunately, hence why Danni still works as a nurse

• @Conflictofinterest902
      @Conflictofinterest902 Год назад +1

@@ItsOhJoe yes we know she’s a nurse. And a very noble profession too. Fair play to her… Good excuse for you to shoehorn it in conversation though so well done lol

• @mrwotsits63
    @mrwotsits63 Год назад +1

How and when are you selling it?

• @ItsOhJoe
      @ItsOhJoe  Год назад

Probably via eBay in the next couple of weeks!