Fujifilm X-S10 HANDS-ON first-looks review vs X-T30

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 11 сен 2024

Комментарии • 474

• @cameralabs
    @cameralabs  3 года назад +12

My hands-on first-looks review of the Fujifilm X-S10 vs the X-T30!
    Check prices on the X-S10 at B&H: bhpho.to/3iV8GnS // WEX: tidd.ly/3lQiAsU
    Buy Gordon a coffee: www.paypal.me/cameralabs
    Gordon's In Camera book: amzn.to/2n61PfI / Amazon uk: amzn.to/2mBqRVZ
    Cameralabs merchandise: redbubble.com/people/cameralabs/shop
    Music: www.davidcuttermusic.com / @dcuttermusic
    #fujifilm #xs10 #mirrorless

• @fellowcitizen
      @fellowcitizen 3 года назад

15:34 = ruclips.net/video/rUczpTPATyU/видео.html ;)

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад

@Aloha Wahoo are you saying you want to see more - or less - of me?!

• @newjerseywales
      @newjerseywales 3 года назад +1

Hi Gordon - a slightly obscure question - is the body the same size as the Lumix G9. That's my benchmark for the perfect fit-in-hand.
      Do you think they will release a battery grip for this model?

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад +1

@@newjerseywales I didn't have them side-by-side - and you could compare measurements from their websites - but from memory I think the G9 may be a tad bigger.

• @newjerseywales
      @newjerseywales 3 года назад

@@cameralabs Thank you :-)

• @dunnymonster
    @dunnymonster 3 года назад +53

Definitely prefer this more standard ergonomic over the classic style camera bodies we are used to getting from Fujifilm. Always hated the shallow grips on the XT series despite the fact I have tiny hands lol. Yes, Fuji diehards probably won't approve of this new design but I'd be happy to see them adopt this styling to the entire XT/XH line going forward. Good move Fujifilm 👍

• @angelaERDE
      @angelaERDE 3 года назад +1

I agree with you on the "classic' style" ergonomics. I found I had to use vertical battery grips with all the X-T series just to get a decent grip on them throughout long days of documentary work despite the extra weight. The X-Pro series I find I need to use with metal hand grips. I borrowed an X-H1 and loved its ergonomic grip and found I could carry it all day long alongside X-Pro series cameras. I have been holding off on an X-T4 as the X-H1 experience ruined it for me, as it were. I don't have big hands either.

• @phitur
      @phitur 2 года назад

I guess it depends what lens is on the xt camera.

• @TheCoomer
    @TheCoomer 3 года назад +28

I love just how great fujifilm is at making great affordable Camaras. Still glad I got the xh1, but if I didn't this is affordable

• @cameraperv8936
      @cameraperv8936 3 года назад +1

Same! This is going to be the perfect replacement for my X-H1's former companion the X-T30.

• @cubehire3653
      @cubehire3653 3 года назад

@@cameraperv8936 It looks good but was disappointed finding its made in China. Now my iPhone is made in China and I have no complaints. However even so there is some much quality control problems with much tech made in China.

• @bramsrockhopper3377
    @bramsrockhopper3377 2 года назад +5

Thanks! This is the best review I’ve seen yet, and we’ve watched a LOT of reviews for this X-S10 recently! Lovely to have that bit of humour and edge to a review without the personality of the reviewer overshadowing the camera itself. Very informative and clear.
    We’re about to buy this camera (in 2022 - late to the party). Reviewing the specs of lots of others in this price range, this little camera really shines through - for us. Everyone has different requirements I suppose. That grip looks lovely. I hate feeble grips!
    Many thanks again. Looking forward to exploring this camera.

• @NeXMaX
    @NeXMaX 3 года назад +36

Something for us X-T3 owners: We’re getting a big firmware update that includes the AF from the X-S10 amongst other enhancements

• @Viljapossu
      @Viljapossu 3 года назад

Any source on this?

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад +9

@@Viljapossu I can confirm that there's firmware updates for some models coming.

• @NeXMaX
      @NeXMaX 3 года назад +7

@@Viljapossu fujifilm-x.com/global/global-news/2020/1015_3772800/
      You're welcome (the X-T4 and X-S10 share the same AF)

• @Jidccruz
      @Jidccruz 3 года назад +3

How about for us peasants with the X-T30? 😢

• @eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo
      @eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo 3 года назад +1

@@Jidccruz fujifilm really forgot about us X-T30 owners. I'm considering selling it for an X-T3 or X-S10 lol

• @problemat1que
    @problemat1que 3 года назад +16

2:55 Thank you for the only review I've seen that shows the customization options with a menu screen capture. Would love to see all 8 screens of options that can be put on these buttons (which even the official Fujifilm manuals don't list).

• @b1rd317
      @b1rd317 3 года назад +1

Maarten heilbron's review mention it.

• @problemat1que
      @problemat1que 3 года назад

@@b1rd317 Mentions it, or as I wrote "shows the options with a screen capture"?

• @b1rd317
      @b1rd317 3 года назад

@@problemat1que its shown to

• @dropkoo
    @dropkoo 3 года назад +9

Congrats on making one of the most useful reviews i've seen so far of this new little cam.

• @suchetdas5392
    @suchetdas5392 3 года назад +5

Save for the recording limitations in 4k 30p due to overheating, the lack of a 4k 60p mode, approximately 2 to 4 less fps in continuous shooting, 10bit 4:2:2 internal recording and weather sealing, this camera is essentially a XT4 squeezed into a smaller and more convenient body...Well done, Fuji.. I also love that they have given us the option of being able to output a 10bit 4:2:2 signal over HDMI...sure comes in handy while shooting long form video..

• @johnwilson4120
    @johnwilson4120 3 года назад +3

Just got one. While I haven't had time to actually shoot anything with it yet my initial reaction is "SWEET LITTLE CAMERA". It feels good in the hand, and the control layout works well. Something that Gordon failed to mention ... it's built like a tank; very solid high quality feel. I also offers 5 stops of exposure comp. and real multiple exposure which opens up all sorts of possibilities in what is effectively a mid range/entry level camera. Looking forward to getting some images once the accessories arrive and the weather clears up enough to get outside.
    My only complaint is I wish Fuji made a battery grip for it. You can get one for a canon Rebel which cost less than the S10 so why won't Fuji offer one?!?!? Maybe Vello or someone else will make one .

• @michaelf5700
    @michaelf5700 3 года назад +4

I like the XS10 so far. I'm thinking of buying it. Thank you for another great review Gordon. I will be waiting for your full production Fuji XS10 coverage. I have been following you for years.

• @NinjaMonkeyPrime
    @NinjaMonkeyPrime 3 года назад +1

As an X-T30 owner if I were into video much at all this would be an obvious choice for an upgrade. Only thing I would not like is giving up on my specific dials and going back to the PASM modes. Also, I prefer a screen that has the option to flip straight down so you can take candid shots. Having that screen all the out to the side just to twist it so it faces up alerts your subject that you're taking a photo in my opinion. That image stabilization is very tempting.

• @OneIotaOfaDifference
    @OneIotaOfaDifference 3 года назад +1

Excellent review. -- When the x-s10 debuted, I asked; Why? - Now I see why - it fills a price and format niche Fuji needed to fill. And Gordon's review makes it so easy to see why too.

• @bradleyanderson247
    @bradleyanderson247 3 года назад +3

My main camera is a Panasonic GX9. Certainly some limitations but for my uses, a really excellent camera with small and light lenses. At this point I'm not so sure we're ever going to see smallish m43 bodies with meaningful upgrades. This body too presents some significant compromises, but this looks pretty attractive to me.

• @mahidoes
    @mahidoes 2 года назад +2

why not do a X-S10 vs X-T30 ii now. There is already one from dpreview but i like your reviews. more technical starlight to the point.

• @Paul_anderson_creative
    @Paul_anderson_creative 3 года назад +3

My favourite, trusted reviewer! Many thanks.. thorough, clear and focused on the key usability and photographer needs!

• @techno_techie2923
    @techno_techie2923 3 года назад +1

Your videos are always so valuable. I am constantly on the fence about what to buy, but I keep coming back to Fuji for APS-C. I think this was just what I needed to decide on the X-S10.

• @HR-wd6cw
    @HR-wd6cw 2 года назад +1

I chuckled a little bit when you talked about weather sealing and the Sony a6400 and a6600. Perhaps Sony's weather sealing has gotten better ,but I remember even just a few years ago, that compared to the competition (being Canon and Nikon) Sony's weather sealing was not where near as good as the other two.

• @bullsharkreef
    @bullsharkreef 3 года назад +2

Very nice tour of the new model. Just one thing I don't comprehend: how is it that hiding controls is considered a "newbie" features? Shouldn't it be the exact opposite? Surely somebody new to photography would find direct, and labeled, access to the 3 most important controls much simpler and easier, no? All the camera's companies do that, and I find this idea confusing. If I was designing a camera for people starting out in photography, I'd start with 3 dial clearly marked "aperture", "speed" and "ISO" and go from there, the rest of the stuff could be hidden in menus...

• @elliotv7692
    @elliotv7692 3 года назад

Someone asked earlier about the Olympus E-M5 Mark iii vs the Fuji X-S10. Though they are different sensor sizes, they compete on price, and there are MFT users (such as myself) considering trying Fuji. There are four specific items about which would be useful to know how they compare: 1) Quality of the EVF, especially for those with eyeglasses 2) IBIS effectiveness in real world use, 3) handling, including larger lenses and 4) the after-purchase support through firmware updates by Fuji vs the new Olympus folks. Thanks for your good reviews!

• @adrianball5670
    @adrianball5670 3 года назад +5

Love this camera and takes perfect exposures on full auto.

• @angeloregina
    @angeloregina 3 года назад +8

IBIS and fully articulated screens. Great, Great and great by Fuji. It is the camera I was waiting for.

• @cameralabs

It does tick a lot of boxes...

• @barrymayes6712
      @barrymayes6712 3 года назад +1

I prefer the tilt of XH1 and xt3 screens because I go off axis and have trouble getting horizons with a fully flip out screen and miss shots that I need to frame quickly.

• @cameralabs

@@barrymayes6712 I agree they're easier to level than flip-out ones and quicker too, but I still personally prefer the fuller flexibility. I think maybe camera companies should offer two versions of each camera with different screen articulations!

• @xaviercopeland2789
      @xaviercopeland2789 3 года назад +2

@@barrymayes6712 I do street photography and hate the flip out screen for photos, but I can see how they’d be useful for those who take more videos.

• @TrephineArtist
    @TrephineArtist 3 года назад +5

Excellent review, thank you :) (edit: I wish this camera had weather sealing!).

• @joekaruri
    @joekaruri 3 года назад +4

Correction: X-S10 is the *4th fujifilm camera to spot fully articulating screen after X-A7, X-T200 and X-T4. In that order.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад +2

Yep, I should have qualified that by adding the second with X-Trans.

• @Astrolavista
      @Astrolavista 3 года назад +1

The XT100's screen is pretty much fully articulating too, as in it flips forward to face the user.

• @joekaruri
      @joekaruri 3 года назад +1

@@Astrolavista Right you are! I prefer that implementation actually. Seems to serve the best of both worlds. Why wasn't there wide adaptation of it, I wonder.

• @Astrolavista
      @Astrolavista 3 года назад +1

@@joekaruri I agree about the implementation of the XT100 screen, it flips forward as well as tilting, and unlike the most widely used fully articulating screens it feels really solid.

• @jfatta
    @jfatta 3 года назад +6

Just bought an XT-4, but this will be an absolute gem of a replacement for my just sold, XH-1!

• @raspas99
      @raspas99 3 года назад +1

Hm.. so you basically paid twice as much for the same sensor and well pretty much everything else :(

• @IPpainting
      @IPpainting 3 года назад +2

@@raspas99 Alot of protogs use 2 bodies anyway to have a backup and a lighter, smaller body with the same image quality would give you an advantage when packing for a trip for example

• @raspas99
      @raspas99 3 года назад

@@IPpainting and also when I took a look at the specs a bit better it doesn't record 10-bit or 60p, at least internally. So not everything is the same I guess. Probably the photo frame rate also

• @gmcubed
      @gmcubed 3 года назад

@@raspas99 lack of 60p at the this price is pretty ridiculous imo. Even my t3i can do that, albeit in only 720p.

• @raspas99
      @raspas99 3 года назад

@@gmcubed so.. Your t3i can do 9 times less then 4k camera? Actually that is impressive :D

• @esz5941
    @esz5941 3 года назад +3

Would love to see a comparison with the X-T3 as well. TBH I think more people will cross shop that than the X-T30

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад +2

I think you might be right.

• @BOLOGNAINTHEHOUSE
      @BOLOGNAINTHEHOUSE 3 года назад +1

@@cameralabs He definitely is. I am torn between those 2 at the current moment.

• @thelonious88
    @thelonious88 3 года назад

Hi Gordon, I figured it out! I did a reset, and then re-entered my menu settings one at a time. When I changed ISO from Auto 3 to L80, "shooting + motion" and "continuous + motion" greyed out. When I returned to Auto 3, they became available again. Yay! Cheers, Steve

• @terrybrooks395
    @terrybrooks395 3 года назад +2

Biggest advantage to me over the traditional Fujifilm dials of my X-T2 is the thing I have missed the most since switching to Fuji and that's the C1-C4 settings, I've found not having custom functions means for me missing a lot of shots, I often photograph static birds but occasionally get and chance at a bird that suddenly flies over or take flight only to find it impossible to change all the settings on my X-T2 in time to capture this sudden opportunity, with custom settings it should be a breeze (as long as they've allowed for all functions to be assigned (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, metering mode, focus point and focus mode etc)

• @josephtiani6145
    @josephtiani6145 3 года назад +7

After yesterday’s disappointing canon m50 Mark ii release, I was looking for an upgrade for a travel camera from my canon m50. I was hoping for more canon m lenses being announced and usable 4K video. I am going to jump to this camera system for my travel with me everywhere camera’

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 года назад +3

It'll be a brilliant all-round travel camera.

• @josephtiani6145
      @josephtiani6145 3 года назад +1

@@cameralabs as someone new to the Fuji system would you recommend the combo with the 18-55 or the 16-80? I don’t know if the 2.8 at the wide end makes that big of a difference, especially since I will probably end up getting a faster prime eventually.

• @alexis1959
      @alexis1959 3 года назад

Me too!

• @kimi_kantagraphy
      @kimi_kantagraphy 3 года назад

I'm with M50 too, and very disappointed with M50 mk2 announcement.
      But now I'm really happy with this fujifilm announcement.
      After 19 years loyalty to canon APS-C body, I felt this is the best time for me to have independent day - jump ship with fujifilm and never look back... 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽🇲🇾📷✌🏽👌🏽

• @problemat1que
      @problemat1que 3 года назад +1

@@josephtiani6145 The F2.8 doesn't make a noticeable difference and quickly turns to F3.5 as you zoom in anyway. Unless you plan to use it as a "poor man's prime" at 18, it won't make much of a difference to you. The 16-80 gives you the all-important 2mm more in wide angle, and is sharp at the center up to 70mm. I found the 18-55 gets somewhat softer from 40mm. So the 16-80 will give you a longer usable reach, covering the reach of the 18-55 but giving nicer results at 55mm.

• @starbase218
    @starbase218 3 года назад +3

I remember checking out Fuji bodies in the past and having a strong preference for the X-H1 as opposed to X-T bodies. Those were ok with the 18-55 kit lens, but when attaching the 16-55/2.8 or longer telezoom glass, I found the grip to just not be comfortable. So I think this body will sell very well. For me, however, I'm now using a D750, and I'm not looking to switch systems at the moment. Plus there are one or two things I don't like about the X-S10, that being the memory card located in the battery compartment, and the fact that it isn't weather sealed. Also I'm wondering how good the viewfinder is. It's not a true X-H1 successor then. Still, if I was looking for a smaller/lighter system, and I may very well go there in the future, I might consider this guy. I generally like Fuji, and I like the fact that they are flexible enough to release this body with PASM controls in the first place.

• @ogonzilla
    @ogonzilla 3 года назад +5

Ok. Show us how it's done, Gordon. :)

• @boohaka
    @boohaka 3 года назад +2

That’s an impressive camera for the money! I always pined for a flip out hinged screen! As always I love the way you present.

• @oc2phish07
    @oc2phish07 2 года назад

I came to this review quite late but found it very informative indeed. Well made, well presented and a pleasure to watch.

• @Antonis24
    @Antonis24 Год назад

I found a good deal on a used X-S10, and I pulled the trigger. I currently own the X-T20. The IBIS and fully articulating screen were deciding factors. Looking forward to how it compares.

• @paololarocca7684
    @paololarocca7684 3 года назад +5

thanks for the review of this nice camera. I would like to see a compact high-quality superzoom for fuji, let’s hope that companies like tamron and sigma will start to find economically viable to develop xmount lenses....

• @denisbrady2671
    @denisbrady2671 3 года назад

Gordon, Thankyou for a truely excellent review of the Fuji X-S10. I am a fuji XT and Xpro user, (retired Professional) and I must say this new model seems to be exceptionally well equipped for the price considering a lot of it mirrors the facilities of the XT-4, different camera of course, but then it has a different price tag.

• @MichaelBabich
    @MichaelBabich 3 года назад

Great review. Really interesting to watch your review of Fuji XC 15-45 OIS kit lens for X-S10. Looks like this lens is amazing for vloggers based on most of reviews. I planned to spend some money on a proper lense, but looks like 15-45 is actually the better option.

• @ASMROW
    @ASMROW 3 года назад +1

Wow great review. I always come here if I need all round useful information

• @krranjit
    @krranjit 3 года назад +2

Now I am confused between xt3 and x-s10 for landscape , travel and portrait photography..,

• @HR-wd6cw
    @HR-wd6cw 2 года назад

One thing I found that I disliked on the XT30 (and was actually better on the older XT20) was the placement of the "Q" button. I found that placing on the grip, I would periodically press it accidentally while handing the camera, especially if I was moving around a bit ("running and gunning" so to speak) so the menu would appear when I didn't want it to (plus the button is a bit too sensitive thus not requiring a bunch of pressure to activate it.. would have l iked it if had more of a "click" to it to activate it). So I'm glad to see the Q button is now on top on the XS-10.

• @Adrian-xn3ss
    @Adrian-xn3ss 3 года назад

The problem with the old SS dial is that full stop increments for shutter speed are not ideal, and the 1s - 1/30s range is not really useful either as most people are rarely operating in that range for general use, 1/60 - 1/4000 in half stops would be more useful. Overall the SS dial looks cool but it's not an improvement on control scheme that has become the standard on all other modern cameras.

• @marktank7623
    @marktank7623 3 года назад

One thing that nobody seems to mention with the articulating screen is that you can flip it so that it is protected. I had a Canon Rebel XTi and as something hit the screen and it cracked. When you flip these screens it protects from damage.

• @thelonious88

Thanks for your reviews, Gordon! They are completely informative and helpful. I was set on getting the Fujifilm X-T30 with an 18-55 and 55-200, but then watched your review of the X-S10, which, because of the PASM mode dial seems much easier for me, as a first-time mirrorless camera and Fujifilm user (I've been shooting with Canon G16). I also, of course, like the fully-articulated screen. I'm assuming the auto-focus and face recognition is at least as good as the X-T30. I'll most likely get your book, too! Cheers, Steve

• @cameralabs

Hi Steve, yes the AF and image quality is the same as the XT30. Thanks for ordering my book!

• @weljenks
    @weljenks 3 года назад

Dang, that 18-55 kit lens looks like a nice one to have around. That wide frame plus the ability to zoom would definitely come in handy.

• @vladiordache4402
    @vladiordache4402 3 года назад +2

This is a awesome camera. I am thinking of buying it. Where could i find it for a good price? In the EU

• @pmdrakerdh
    @pmdrakerdh 3 года назад +2

How many film simulations can be set up for automatic bracketing? Thanks

• @Deminimis2
    @Deminimis2 3 года назад +1

Yay I get to buy a Fuji without having to buy a handgrip. I was worried with Fuji cameras getting bigger but they heard me and came out with a camera that I like enough to trade in my XT3 for. It might not be for a lot of people but I really like this camera. With Fuji I know that through updates it will only get better.

• @erikfarkas7868
      @erikfarkas7868 3 года назад

be careful if youve never used the x-t20 or 30 or any double digit. The viewfinder isnt the most pleasurabe thing and in sunlight, if you wear glasses, you might as well have no viewfinder. I had x-t30 and loved it, but i despised the viewfinder... Now rocking x-t2 and its great, but interestingly x-t30 was easier to hold for me.

• @Deminimis2
      @Deminimis2 3 года назад +1

@@erikfarkas7868 I traded up from the X-T30 to the X-T3 and one of the reasons was for the better evf. But I found that I don’t use the viewfinder as much any more and I still prefer the better viewfinder on the X-T3 but I miss the size of the X-T30. I felt the need to use a grip with the X-T30 which worked for me. The Q button drove me nuts. I don’t like the grip on my X-T3 even with a grip. It just doesn’t feel right to me. The size, grip and IBIS is what I want. The features on the X-S10 is good enough for me. I won’t miss the manual dials. I have my shutter dial set to T all the time. I will get the X-S10 first and use it for a while before selling my X-T3.

• @swepeuaq
    @swepeuaq 3 года назад +1

I returned my X-T30 because it was so awkward to hold. This might actually stand a chance of being used!

• @problemat1que

Gordon, how long does it take switching from base ISO to auto ISO using the front dial? The X-T30 forces you to scroll through the entire ISO range to perform this common task...

• @metalmick99
    @metalmick99 3 года назад +2

Thanks for a wonderful and informative clip. I found IBIS of greatest interest because I'm not sure I can hold my camera (RX10 IV which only has stabilization in the lens) as steadily as I once was able. (And I couldn't help but notice some trembling in what I presume were the reviewer's hands that is far more noticeable than mine.) I'm not sure that I'd use the film simulations in-camera because I'd be inclined to tend to that sort of thing in post-processing. I was thinking of an XT-4 next year, but in Australia, this camera with the 16-80 lens is the same cost as the XT-4 body.

• @longboardfella5306
      @longboardfella5306 3 года назад +1

The 16-80 is a lovely travel lens. I really enjoy the light weight and range

• @metalmick99
      @metalmick99 3 года назад

@@longboardfella5306 Thanks for your thoughts - very much appreciated.

• @ceriharris6283
    @ceriharris6283 3 года назад +1

I could see me going for this. I currently use Canon 80D and want to move to a mirrorless system, but dont really need or want full frame. And I'm not sure where Canon are gojng with APSC to be honest.

• @marcjones7486
    @marcjones7486 3 года назад

First off Gordon I love your reviews! I had a chance to try out this camera, ergonomics are very good for a smaller body. I thought image quality was very good for APSC ( probably the best APSC) but was unimpressed with Fuji's eye detection.

• @DamianBrown
    @DamianBrown 3 года назад +1

Always look forward to your take!

• @JPG747
    @JPG747 3 года назад +2

Great review, thanks. One thing though this camera does not have a focus mode switch, can it be assigned to a button?

• @Hussarrio
      @Hussarrio 3 года назад

Same question. Actually about AF. Does it work well? I watched several reviews. It loose sometimes AF easily without any reason.

• @bonynge5
    @bonynge5 3 года назад

Having not done much in the way of video, tell me, what does the P stand for. I enjoy your reviews.

• @TechnikMeister2
    @TechnikMeister2 3 года назад +1

When dig down, as a body its priced ok, but Fuji's quality lenses are very expensive and thats a problem, specially as I only shoot landscapes and never video. To me, for $2k, a Canon RP and a EF 16-35 F4 L IS is the way to go.

• @richarddutchholland4780
      @richarddutchholland4780 3 года назад +1

Same here..... Sony a7iii with the Sigma 14-24 f2.8 and the 24-70 f2.8 and it beats anything...hands down

• @Princeton_James
    @Princeton_James 3 года назад +1

I've wanted the XT4 for a while but i've always hated the Fuji grip. in fact I still love my XH1 because of the grip. It looks like this would be my camera purchase for the year. I've sold off my XT30 and XT3 because of the handling. With big lenses these skimpy grips are just unmanageable.

• @cameralabs

This is much easier with bigger lenses although I've not tried it with the 16-55 yet,.

• @davidhenderson5051
    @davidhenderson5051 3 года назад

Great review as always Gordon. Love your work amigo.

• @paulbanyard2677
    @paulbanyard2677 3 года назад

Thank you Gordon, in thinking about getting a second camera and this could be the one. Do you know if it has the double exposure feature I've read about in other Fuji cameras? Currently own a Z6

• @Creym464
    @Creym464 Год назад +1

Perfect cameras for me
    I am more a grip type person and always bring camera when going out so it was best for street photographer
    Image quality bcz i hate to edit it on laptop ,so fuji image quality is best if you arent type to edit heavily
    I was thinking buying a6600 or a6400 for image stabilization but fuji xs10 has also
    I rather have full frame with ligther biuld so arent gonna get heavy but asp c is alrigth since i used phone as backup cameras

• @Astrolavista
    @Astrolavista 3 года назад

Thanks Gordon, this could be the upgrade to my XT100 but can I just ask how the pre amps are please? The Pre amps on the XT100 are utterly unusable which is why I've stopped using it for video.

• @cameralabs

We can find out when reviewing a final model!

• @craigcarlson4022
    @craigcarlson4022 3 года назад

Very excited about this new Fuji offering. Adding IBIS and the tilt out screen are major 'pluses' for me. Now, being able to have IS with all their quality primes is possible. Sign me up! Craig

• @GrumpyMansREVIEWS
    @GrumpyMansREVIEWS 3 года назад

Hello Gordon, hope you and family are well.
    When will you be doing a full review?
    I don't know what to go for this or the A6400 waiting for your review.
    I'm interested in 4k video, I record with lighting and use a tripod.
    I'm also looking at the ZV1 or 90d.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks!

• @cameralabs

If you don't need IBIS and are filming 4k from a tripod, I'd go for the A6400 - it's what I use.

• @GrumpyMansREVIEWS
      @GrumpyMansREVIEWS 3 года назад

@@cameralabs Thank you!

• @christophehanon8396
    @christophehanon8396 3 года назад

Seems to be a very nice offer from Fuji. The classical controls from Fuji are funny but not that comfortable. As an X-T30 user I really appreciate the better grip... I hope the line will be followed by others... may be one with unlimited recording time.... Thanks for your videos.

• @RalfeOrtiz
    @RalfeOrtiz 3 года назад

Does it have clean hdmi out? And unlimited run time? For instance, can you disable the auto shut-off so it doesn’t go into sleep mode. Since I would use this camera for live-streaming. I appreciate your input! Thank you!

• @anonimo5425
    @anonimo5425 3 года назад

Most complete review I have seen up to now about XS-10. What about ISO managing? do you need to use buttom+wheel? of can you customize in any wheel?

• @goal7779
    @goal7779 3 года назад

Thanks for a comprehensive review Gordon👏👍🏻

• @Astrolavista

Hi, great well thought out review as always Gordon. I'm really trying to find one bit of information that every review seems to have missed. How are the pre amps for audio recording? I loved my XT100 but it was useless for video as the audio sounded like you were recording with a chorus of hissing adders. Any information much appreciated :)

• @cameralabs

I've not tested the pre-amps, sorry. Not sure how I'd do it and be consistent on other reviews too. What sort of test would you be satisfied with?

• @Astrolavista

@@cameralabs Thanks for the reply! I'm not looking for a scientific test or anything like that, just if you noticed any hissing from the pre amps when using an external mic. Even with the DB gain set low with either a lav or shotgun mic the XT100's pre amps hissed like mad compared to other cameras I've tested from say Sony and Canon. The XS10 looks like a fantastic all round hybrid camera but my last Fuji's pre amps are making me nervous about hitting the buy button. I know it was a while ago since you reviewed the XT100, do you remember how bad the audio hissing was?

• @cameralabs

@@Astrolavista it's not something I formally test, so I don't remember, sorry!

• @Astrolavista

@@cameralabs That's ok Gordon, I appreciate you trying to help, have a good weekend :)

• @googlefriend7685
    @googlefriend7685 3 года назад

What’s the auto focus like in video.? Thanks for the great video!

• @arianamartin3348
    @arianamartin3348 Год назад

Hi Gordon, now that the XT30 ii has come out, would you still recommend the XS10 over it? I'm a first time Fujifilm buyer and unsure which to go with.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  Год назад

I'd go for whichever style body you prefer. For me the XT30, but the XS10 is great if you get on with its design.

• @colingentile
    @colingentile 3 года назад

What about this shutter button ?
    Is it like the X-H1 (very VERY sensitive), or we still got the half-position of a X-T's products ?
    Thank you so much for your help !

• @GajanBalan
    @GajanBalan 3 года назад

Solid video, Gordon! Also loved the grip on this one.

• @cameralabs

Thanks! Yes, it's much more comfortable.

• @amandeepsingh-zm4ct
    @amandeepsingh-zm4ct 3 года назад

Hello Gordon,
    I am your subscriber,my 1st camera was a Fuji Finepix S 1000 a point and shoot camera, now I want to purchase a camera to try my hands on every genre of photography as a hobbyist and also will make workout out videos in the gym, my budget is $ 1000 for the body, will you recommend XS-10?
    Regards
    Aman

• @dimitrischronisanimusmenti6973
    @dimitrischronisanimusmenti6973 3 года назад

A nice little camera it seems, but its not a fuji anymore. I think what most fuji users would like (and cant afford an xt4) is an xt2 with ibis.

• @magnetoclash
    @magnetoclash 3 года назад +1

When you switch from a photo mode to movie mode, does it recall the movie settings (aperture and shutter speed, etc) from the last time you were in movie mode?

• @sascha5650
    @sascha5650 3 года назад +2

I wish it would have a tilting screen. This cam looks so good from the specs. But this screen is a knock out for me.

• @cameralabs

It's certainly divisive - I would go for it because of the screen. It'll still offer the same angles as a tilting screen, albeit flipping out first.

• @kimi_kantagraphy

For me, this fully articulated screen is very very useful rather than only tilting 💘📷✌🏽👌🏽

• @problemat1que

Wait a few months and you'll probably get this features set in a variety of shapes and sizes.

• @user-nb6il8hn5r
    @user-nb6il8hn5r 3 года назад

I am a beginner and do not know much fujifilm xt3 for me motivation and a good opportunity to learn and enter this field

• @SkullyReacts
    @SkullyReacts 3 года назад

Appreciate the video! Is there "F-Log"? Looking for a good B cam for my X-T3.

• @cameralabs

Yep there's f-log, I mention it in the video.

• @MichaelGerrard
    @MichaelGerrard 3 года назад +1

It looks like a really nice model. If I were to jump to Fuji I think this would be a contender.

• @kimi_kantagraphy
      @kimi_kantagraphy 3 года назад +1

I'm agree with you.
      After 19 years I stayed with canon APS-C, now I feel it the time for me to jump ship.. I'm really feel in love with this X-S10. 🤓✌🏽👌🏽💘📷🇲🇾

• @bioliv1
    @bioliv1 3 года назад

I ordered the X-T200 for my girls as Xmas gift yesterday, and look forward to experiment with the film simulations. If I love these I might get an X-S10 for myself, together with my a7III. Lately I've been a little tired of editing RAW-files, so maybe I end up with jpeg and Adobe RGB? Or maybe Fujifilm will come with film-simulations for HEIF next time? That would be even better!!!

• @cameralabs

I love the film sims, and my In Camera book is ALL about getting it right out-of-camera with no post processing, so I'm a JPEG-only man! www.cameralabs.com/in-camera

• @bioliv1
      @bioliv1 3 года назад

@@cameralabs Amazing!

• @sallybillman3593
    @sallybillman3593 3 года назад

I got the x-S10 but I do not find the menu that user friendly. Also wish there is better focus. Does the X-T4 have a better focus ability? How does it compare to Sony a7c’ s focus accuracy?

• @busterkeaton5288
    @busterkeaton5288 3 года назад

I agree with others the IBIS looks very jittery in all the modes you tested. As soon as you panned the camera both text and window of the Apartment buildings on the promenade beech shots looked un-useable. Maybe this is pre-production but seemed to me to be way off usable. Good review otherwise but IBIS is disappointing as I was hoping to pair some of my old Canon film manual telephoto lenses with the X-S10. If the IBIS could be sorted by a firmware it seems a great alternative to the X-T4. Thanks!

• @paulbeckmann
    @paulbeckmann 3 года назад

Thanks for a great review as always! Looks to be a great camera!

• @marklaurendet1861
    @marklaurendet1861 3 года назад

Thanks for the nice preview, looks tempting.
    I think this could be a very good camera for introduction to the Fuji system.
    How does the IBIS compare to Mu-43 cameras

• @NatsWright
    @NatsWright 3 года назад

Fantastic review, i'm very tempted to buy this camera because of the size, but equally like the X-T4 too, its a really tough choice. Decisions decisions, i'm torn!

• @cameralabs

The X-T4 is still fantastic. It depends if you'd use the more advanced video of the X-T4 and which approach to controls you prefer. The X-T4 build is better and its EVF higher res too. But obviously the X-S10 is cheaper.

• @NatsWright
      @NatsWright 3 года назад

@@cameralabs Yeah, its a tough choice, I actually like the new dials on the X-S10, but am equally at home with the dials on the X-T4, although often use them on my X-T30 in T and S mode!! The internal 10 bit log though is something I want to experiment with though and there is the better viewfinder too!

• @markcurtis299
    @markcurtis299 3 года назад

Was thinking of getting XT3 but would this be the better choice for a new Fuji member,
    I like the bigger grip and dial layout....

• @jrc1156
    @jrc1156 3 года назад +3

And with the current release of m50 mark ii, the stars are aligning for me to switch to fuji

• @JDR-em1fw
      @JDR-em1fw 3 года назад +2

With you on that one. I was waiting for Mark II, but no real reason to jump. Fuji got better glass options, accommodating size and now with IBIS. Love the new Fuji package. If I'm going to adapt my EF glass onto the M50ii, I can do the same using the Fringer with the Fuji.

• @stanleygabrel5279
      @stanleygabrel5279 3 года назад +2

For me IBIS is very important addition.

• @JDR-em1fw
      @JDR-em1fw 3 года назад +1

@@stanleygabrel5279 Yes agree. was disappointed in the M50ii specs. Really just the original with f/w upgrade. I've been curious about the Fuji's but wasn't sure if I would like the style. S10 style, is what I'm accustomed too. S10 with the 18-55 would be a better setup for me than the M50ii with 15-45. Just my opinion.

• @kimi_kantagraphy

😂😁😂😁 Me too.. Very disappointed by M50 mk2
      Now is the time to me to jump ship 🤓📷🇲🇾✌🏽👌🏽

• @problemat1que

@@JDR-em1fw I have the Fringer adapter, it works great and saved me about $2k on specialty lenses that are still expensive in the Fujifilm used market but in ample supply as EF or EF-S used items.

• @nickbakis1553
    @nickbakis1553 3 года назад

Great review as always Gordon!
    I really don't get Fuji's insistence with the small EVF on the smaller bodies. I have an XT20 and the same size EVF is really annoying, especially for a glass wearer like me. Before the XT20, I had a Sony a6000 (I’m glad that I switched) and the EVF was considerably larger and better, despite its lower resolution.
    I would have bought the XS10 if it had a bit larger EVF (even at a higher cost), but I will now pass. The grip is nice, but I got the extra grip for my XT20. The IBIS is nice, but at least I have OIS with my zooms. I hope that XE4 would have a better EVF and IBIS. But then again, they’ll mess up again by not providing a tilt screen. Come on Fuji, not everyone wants to carry the larger bodies, APS-C should be about the smaller size, add a better EVF to the smaller bodies and you would have some killer cameras!

• @voorachter2733
      @voorachter2733 3 года назад +1

Fuji is not making the perfect camera on purpose so they still have a reason to sell their flagships. At least that's my theory. They're always 95% there

• @nickbakis1553
      @nickbakis1553 3 года назад +1

​@@voorachter2733 It seems so. But I think they are losing customers having flagship models weighting and costing the same with FF ones. I understand some people prefer the larger cameras with the larger lenses, but myself, and I guess others, don’t want to carry the extra 200 grams. In addition, they can put a slightly larger EVF on the smaller bodies and keep some other features (e.g., larger battery, two cards, an even larger EVF) for the larger ones. Let’s hope they will address those issues with the X-E4.

• @FreeWareFrolics
    @FreeWareFrolics 3 года назад

I have the Panasonic g85, but I am thinking of switching to the xs10 (primarily for the better af and low light capabilites), as someone who has reviewed a lot of panasonic and fuji cams, would you recommend the switch?

• @cameralabs

It will be a bit better in those regards, but maybe not as big a leap as you're hoping. I'd recommend downloading some sample images from both for comparison. I include a bunch in my reviews at cameralabs.com, and for the XS10, choose any model with the same sensor, like the XT30.

• @leew6522
    @leew6522 3 года назад

Hi Gordon , very precise and informative review as usual , may I ask what camera you used to shoot this review on and what camera you actually use as your go to camera ? Many thanks

• @cameralabs

Thanks! I use a Sony A6400 to film most of my videos as it has fantastic 4k quality and great movie AF, plus I have a nice lens for it that focuses close, the 24mm f1.8. As for my own use, i tend to shoot with whatever I'm testing, otherwise I own one of most brands.

• @pauloduarte3095
    @pauloduarte3095 3 года назад

Hey Gordon
    I am a big fan of your photography and channel and every time i need to know something about cameras or gear you are the channel that i reach.
    I was wondering between the panasonic g9 or the fuji x100v but after this review i think that this camera is the camera that i am going for

• @frankfeng2701
    @frankfeng2701 3 года назад +15

X-S10 looks more like a X-H10, a smaller X-H1.

• @fellowcitizen
      @fellowcitizen 3 года назад +2

@Blown Highlights and an X-S1H for Netflix productions ;)

• @esserrahh
      @esserrahh 3 года назад +2

X-S10 (X-Small10) X-H1(X-Huge1)

• @cohoonatube
    @cohoonatube 3 года назад

As always Gordon, exceptionally done. Having left my Nikon kit 2 years ago to weather the mirrorless wars, It always comes between Fuji and Sony (Canon glass too $$$). This might be a compelling option till the XH2 hits the street... or a used A7RIII with the Tamron 28-200. Truly wish their were some better 3rd party options for Fuji glass. Thanks again!

• @janhoza4955
    @janhoza4955 3 года назад

How would you compare the X-S10 with the Nikon Z6?

• @hawkkim1974
    @hawkkim1974 3 года назад

most people don't even care about button locations. they do care about IBIS, autofocus performance, color tone, and microphone performance.

• @cameralabs

Is this a criticism of what I covered? Trouble is, the AF, video and image quality are essentially identical to the last few models, so there's nothing new or more to say about that PLUS as a pre-production model i wasn't allowed to take a close look at them anyway. This model is more about ergonomic changes, which is why I concentrated on them.

• @Photographicelements
    @Photographicelements 3 года назад +2

Great review, great camera!
    (I love the handgrip, perfect for shooting all day. Happy there’s a joystick!)

• @cameralabs

Yes, I'm glad the joystick wasn't removed...

• @kimi_kantagraphy

@@cameralabs how about batteries grip? 🤔🤔😁

• @cameralabs

@@kimi_kantagraphy I don't know, check the Fujifilm webpage for it, I'm guessing not.

• @kimi_kantagraphy

@@cameralabs ✌🏽👌🏽📷🤓🇲🇾

• @Robyncavallaro
    @Robyncavallaro 3 года назад

Looking for a vlogging camera with the ability to add external mic- thinking rode compact wireless. Thoughts on using this camera for that purpose? Currently using Iphone and Galaxy 8 and in desperate need of an upgrade/

• @cameralabs

Will you be walking while you vlog, or will the camera be static?

• @Robyncavallaro
      @Robyncavallaro 3 года назад

@@cameralabs Both

• @cameralabs

@@Robyncavallaro how important is low light quality or the chance to blur the background? And are size and weight important?

• @uzman0606
    @uzman0606 3 года назад

hi olympus m5 mark 3 or fujifilm xs10 Which one is more successful for you?

• @ДмитрийХабаров-ю1ъ
    @ДмитрийХабаров-ю1ъ 3 года назад

yeah, lack of weather proofing still turns me to olympus em5m3... was it really that hard, Fuji, was it?...

• @maxdle
    @maxdle 3 года назад

I read somewhere that ISO can’t be reassigned to one of the dials. Is it right ? I’d like to have ISO and SS on specific dials but can’t find out if it’s possible to do so.

• @thelonious88

Hello again Gordon, I'm looking forward to getting your book, should be here straight away!
    Quick question - I'm leaning toward the X-T30 over the X-S10, mainly to learn a new system. I'll get two lenses (18-55 and 55-200) that both have OIS. Does this overcome the lack of IBIS in the X-T30?
    Cheers, Steve

• @dbmaud3160
      @dbmaud3160 2 года назад

Hello, so do you think that OIS overcome the lack of IBIS in the XT30?

• @thelonious88
      @thelonious88 2 года назад

@@dbmaud3160 I bought the X-S10, which does have IBIS.