Это видео недоступно.
Сожалеем об этом.

TNT Try New Things - 62: RK25 Tractor - 50 Hour Service [TYM T25]

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 15 авг 2021
  • In this video I perform my first service on the RK25 Tractor. NOTE: I did not record removing and cleaning hydraulic screen... make sure you address this (thanks Denny Rust for pointing this out!!)

Комментарии • 72

• @frankceasar317
    @frankceasar317 Месяц назад

i love the check list at the biggening of the video!

• @marksehl2713
    @marksehl2713 3 года назад +6

Great video on 50 hour service on RK 25 Tractor. Regarding your issues with oil filters and accessing them. There is another tool I'd like to see you try. It's a socket for your filter. Notice the outer edge of your filters have a hexagonal edge. A shallow socket is made to fit the smaller filters. Since you already had the new engine oil filter just drop by the auto parts store and find the one that fits your applications. They are a common item at most auto parts stores. You simply insert you 3/8" ratchet or 3/8" ratchet extension into the socket and loosen the filter. Much easier than those expensive filter pliers you bought. You can use them to install the new filter just be sure to lube gasket and don't overtighten that filter! Let me know what you think and keep the great videos coming.

• @Hemipapa
    @Hemipapa 3 года назад +3

I want to thank you, gathering rust and lets learn together U always wonder if I make right choices this is my first tractor and yall put my mind to ease and teach me some valuable things. I can't wait to get my tires dirty and clean them again

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад +3

Gathering Rust does a better job keeping his tractor clean for sure. I now have water out at the pole barn so I’ll have to do a better job of shinning up the RK25. Thanks once again for the great feedback Stacy, and hope all goes well with the new tractor!

• @gatheringrusthobbyfarm8081
      @gatheringrusthobbyfarm8081 2 года назад +1

Thanks to both of you. The best part is that all three you mentioned genuinely just want to help.

• @Hemipapa
      @Hemipapa 2 года назад +1

@@gatheringrusthobbyfarm8081 I discovered woodland slipper since I wrote that he looks like he has serious fun lol

• @projectswithjw
    @projectswithjw Год назад +1

Looks like you could use some hydraulic oil dye. I use Deere dye MT3668 to turn mine red but there are probably other brands of dye that work just fine.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  Год назад +1

I had never heard of that, would certainly help. I’ll look into that. Thanks JW much appreciated tip buddy!

• @jpage19591
    @jpage19591 2 года назад +1

Good info thanks for the info good jod

• @deanbarr5740
    @deanbarr5740 3 года назад +3

Something I learnt from Tony @ Tony's Tractor Adventure is he greases his tractor everytime he fills up with fuel. I thought that was a great idea, as most machines require you grease every 10 hours run time. My J.D.3025 tractor has a 6 gallon tank and runs about 10 HRS per tank of fuel. Perfect time to grease the loader and tractor.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад +2

What a great way to remember! Thanks Dean.

• @avalonhomestead9077
    @avalonhomestead9077 3 года назад +1

Getting my RK 25 in two weeks, perfect timing for this video since I want to buy all the items I need to do my 50 service. Thanks

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад +1

It was a little frustrating that the Hydraulic fluid quantity in the manual was not correct. I bought a 5g and a 2g because it called for just over 5g... in the end it took just over 3g. Well, I have enough for the next service. But I over shot the mark and had to drain it and do it again. At least you can avoid my mistake on that one.

• @avalonhomestead9077
      @avalonhomestead9077 3 года назад +2

@@TryNewThings I ordered the 5 gallon pump. I bought 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid for not just the tractor, but for my log splitter. Thanks, great video.

• @lathandeyoung8886
    @lathandeyoung8886 2 года назад

Just got my rk25 today. Thanks for the helpful videos on this tractor.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад

Congratulations Lathan! If you have any questions, let me know, I'm no expert, but closing in on 200 hours of experience. If you have a photo of your new rig, send it on over to cwgeocacher@gmail.com and I'll put it in an upcoming video :)

• @anthonydellacroce3447
    @anthonydellacroce3447 3 месяца назад +1

Im just wondering about what the payments run on the rk25 with the backhoe?

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 месяца назад +1

Wish I could help answer your question Anthony, but I paid cash for mine. I’m hoping the recent increases in interest rates don’t negatively impact your purchase plans as well. I’m sure they could tell you over the phone however.

• @rickmeyer6429
    @rickmeyer6429 3 года назад +1

Thanks for all your tips, saves time for the rest of us.

• @thomasblaylock8528
    @thomasblaylock8528 2 года назад

Hey from subscriber 777, I’m glad you’re sharing your experience with us all.

• @TryNewThings

Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated. Once spring is sprung again will get more RK25 tractor videos back in the mix. But at this time of the year… I’d just be tearing up the property :(. Now if we get some real snow, I’ll go out and play with the bucket. Thanks for watching.

• @craigdodson8425
    @craigdodson8425 2 года назад +1

Did you grease your axes pivot point and your brake and forward and reverse pins under the tractor

• @TryNewThings

Craig, yes I have. Covered greasing a bit more detail in a video review of a battery powered grease gun. Appreciate the question and comments. If you have not yet subscribed, feel free, I do have more RK videos coming. Still waiting on my BORA wheel spacers that I ordered 9 weeks ago :)

• @richardglandus1576
    @richardglandus1576 2 года назад +1

Très belle vidéo
    Merci pour ces informations
    Très bien faite.
    J'adore 👍

• @genegreear4183
    @genegreear4183 2 года назад +1

I had that same problem with the oil filter. Take the old filter to O’Riely auto parts store. They sell a cap that goes on the oil filter. It takes a racket then just spin it off and the new one one. Your doing a really good job. Keep up the good work and putting out awesome videos. Later

• @TryNewThings

Thanks Gene, will have to keep that in mind when I do my next oil change. Anything to make the job easier!!

• @garymixson687
    @garymixson687 2 года назад +1

Where did you order the zero caps from. Really will keep them cleaner!

• @TryNewThings

Hello Gary, I ordered them through Amazon. Think they also come in different colors.

• @garymixson687
      @garymixson687 2 года назад

Thanks...gotta have some.

• @johnlewchanin4562
    @johnlewchanin4562 2 года назад

I believe the transmission oil and the hydraulic oil are one in the same, IE the position of the loader, back hoe will have some oil in the tubes depending on the position of the loader, back hoe etc, perhaps that is why the fill is off, I bet completely empty it is 5.8 gallons, kinda like changing the transmission fluid on a car, only a small percentage is actually changed. Doing the 50 hour service today on mine, thanks for the video it has helped alot !!

• @TryNewThings

Thanks John. You could very well be correct!

• @tomoaktree4951
    @tomoaktree4951 2 года назад

Great Video. Just about to do my 50 hour on my RK37 tractor.

• @TryNewThings

I was soooo close to buying the RK37. As you may have seen in my first tractor video, was on my way there to buy one, because I believed the RK24 was too small… when they asked “have you seen the new RK25?” For my 4.5 acres I think the 25 is a good fit. Cab would have been nice.

• @thehawkc
    @thehawkc 2 года назад +1

They make a cap wrench that fits on filters ,you can use your new filter to find the right size.

• @TryNewThings

Thanks Cliff. Saw those as well when I stopped at autozone for the filter pliers. Unfortunately I did not have my filter with me at that time and given all the choices in size I opted for what I picked up. Next time though, be good to take my next new filter and pick one up. Appreciate the feedback!

• @robinnorman1170
    @robinnorman1170 2 года назад

I am nervous of jack stands. I think I would have put the tires back on before I crawled under the tractor! If it ever came off them it's game over for who ever is underneath it. Better safe than sorry! Great video! Just joined your channel. 👍

• @TryNewThings

Robin, thank you very much for the Subscription, as well as the comments and feedback. I really enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and ideas. You do bring up a really good point. And no reason why the wheels had to be off the tractor (other than made it easier to film). I'm not skidish about the jack stands, but would certainly never crawl under there if it were simply on the jack. But, you are right, better safe than sorry. Guess there was one advantage of jack stands and that was getting it just a little bit higher, making it easier to get my big head under there. Hope to hear more from you in the very near future, will likely see a decrease in the tractor videos for a couple months (winter), as I really don't want to tear up the year a whole lot.. now if it snows... I'll definitely have it out of the barn. Merry Christmas, and a very happy New Year as well.

• @annatuchfarber1175
    @annatuchfarber1175 3 года назад +2

Love this video. I just got my RK25 a few weeks ago. My husband and I have 66 acres we use for recreation. We have a gravel drive and many trails to maintain. I have the grapple, bucket, and brush hog so far. We had to have the parking brake repaired and Thad from RK helped repair it. He suggested your channel and we told him we were already subscribed!! What implement would you suggest for gravel drive maintenance- land plane or box blade? Thanks and keep up the good work.

• @gatheringrusthobbyfarm8081
      @gatheringrusthobbyfarm8081 2 года назад +2

Box blade by far. Check out this video.
      #11 RK25 Meets the 5’ box blade : Gathering Rust Hobby Farm

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  2 года назад +1

I have purchased the box blade as well for that very purpose, yet to try it out yet, been using the backhoe every week and wanted to get most of my backhoe work done before taking it off and swapping out. Can also use box blade for landscaping as well.

• @frankceasar317
    @frankceasar317 Месяц назад

was this the first 50 hrs?

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  Месяц назад

It was my first. I’m at 330 hours now.

• @PeaceIntheValley
    @PeaceIntheValley 3 года назад

i noticed that my tranny fluid level bubble changes quite a bit based if the backhoe is on or off. Thanks for the shoutout. I reference your videos and Denny's too regularly, and this one was no exception. !

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад

Need to pick up one of those hydraulic top links... like it? Use lever under the seat?

• @PeaceIntheValley
      @PeaceIntheValley 3 года назад

@@TryNewThings I haven't had a lot of experience with the top link yet since I just got the tractor back. Next week I will be using it a lot! The bubble on the back changes with the weight of the backhoe on and angles the tractor down quite a bit.

• @PeaceIntheValley
    @PeaceIntheValley 3 года назад +1

Did you clean/change the hydraulic screen? I did my service today and I think I missed it.

• @TryNewThings

I did, forgot to film it, and I forgot to do it the first time... but I overshot my fill of the hydraulic fluid the first attempt and had to drain and do it again a second time (and catch the filter clean).

• @jarrodp6068
    @jarrodp6068 2 года назад

Noticed the cables above ur oil filter... Might be a good idea to spray them with a little chain and cable lube to keep them moving freely not sure what they go to exactly..just an idea
    Also on the grease fittings my previous neighbor who is like a grandpa to me always told me to grease and check the oil n fuel before you start your days work with the piece of equipment . If you didn't use it very much wouldn't need to get grease it but the backhoe and loader bucket curl are the two points of most movement on the attachments and it's not gonna hurt to take a few minutes to put a couple pumps of grease in that will make it work better and quieter and last far longer

• @phill5697
    @phill5697 2 года назад +1

I still prefer my JD good video altogether

• @avalonhomestead9077

I would of liked to see where all the grease points are.

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад

Are you getting the backhoe as well? Maybe I can do a separate greasing video... I do recommend those caps though, makes locating them easier the 2nd time. I leave them all "open" after greasing, until I'm done (so i know which I've done and which I haven't), and then I'll go around and close them all back up again. And they are cheap.

• @avalonhomestead9077

@@TryNewThings yes I’m getting a backhoe. I did order the grease cap, 5 gallon bucket pump and oil wrench. The wrench will also help with my UTV oil filter change

• @astrodiver1
    @astrodiver1 3 года назад

Nice job putting this together! I know from experience as I made a video doing the same service on my RK19. Interesting that the
    19 and the 25 both use the same oil filter. You mention using water pump pliers for removing the oil filter and I can say that they make
    the best oil filter wrench! I bet I've pulled a thousand O/F's off using the same Craftsman pliers. Did you pull the front tires to make
    it more visible to the viewers? Seems like a lot of work. Also the 50hr service is a good time to ck air pressures. Again great job!

• @TryNewThings
      @TryNewThings  3 года назад +2

Thanks for the feedback Astrodiver! I did pull the front tires to try and show the axle drain and vent locations better. Good suggestion on the air pressure. And would have been a great time to remind folks not to make the same mistake I did when checking it (Valve stem at the top). At least on the RK25 rear tires. Well, at least now I know the color of rim guard they use to fill them....

• @caydensoutdoorlife4547
    @caydensoutdoorlife4547 2 года назад

Great ! This could be very helpful to those in need. How do you like the r14 tire?

• @TryNewThings

I actually like the R14s, I did air the front tires down a bit to get a little more contact patch. Not that they tear up the grass, but it did help on wetter grass. Hoping to try them out in snow here in a bit. Thanks for the question COL, and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas season.

• @caleb8244
    @caleb8244 2 года назад +1

where is the Hydraulic screen located on the RK25 ?

• @TryNewThings

Behind the rear wheel. I missed filming pulling and cleaning the screen in my video (big miss). If you are looking at the tractor from the front it is on the right side. I recommend checking out a video by Denny & Traci Rust that focused just on the hydraulic screen location. Thanks for the question Caleb. I also didn't show that I over filled the hydraulics the first time, had to drain it and do it a second time because the volume of fluid was wrong in the manual :(

• @caleb8244
      @caleb8244 2 года назад

@@TryNewThings Thank you

• @letslearntogether4361
    @letslearntogether4361 2 года назад

Love the video. I was given everything I needed from my tractor guy at rural king. I just ran into a problem. The hydraulic filter they gave me is not the correct one. I’ve called asking for the right hydraulic filter, but they said it does not show up in their computer. Can you tell me the part number you used for your hydraulic filter?

• @letslearntogether4361

Also, how many quarts of hydraulic fluid did you put in?

• @TryNewThings

About 3.8 gallons. External or internal filter ?

• @letslearntogether4361

@@TryNewThings I have the filter now. The tractor guy from Rural King called and said the filter is the same one as the RK37.

• @letslearntogether4361

@@TryNewThings also, I could not see the hydraulic fluid in the glass viewer. Hard to tell when you have enough.

• @kellywilson8440
    @kellywilson8440 2 года назад +1

Hello TNT great video , How do you like RK25 so far any issues up to 50 hours ? Thank you in advance .

• @TryNewThings

Hello Kelly, only issue I have had was Bluetooth connecting to my phone... but truth be told, rarely use the speakers

• @kellywilson8440
      @kellywilson8440 2 года назад

@@TryNewThings , Good news i have one coming in the next week , Thank you and i enjoy your videos .

• @neilmorris1448
      @neilmorris1448 Год назад

Mine has blown the seal on the relief value under the brake pedal.