Titleist Irons Comparison | T100 vs T100S vs T200

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 22 сен 2024
  • This Titleist Irons Comparison breaks down three models from the newest Titleist T-Series, including the Titleist T100, Titleist T100S, and the Titleist T200. There are many similarities between these three Titleist irons, but enough differences that require attention from low- to mid-handicap golfers.
    In this video, 2nd Swing's Thomas Campbell and Drew Mahowald test out these Titleist irons, including the new T100, T100S, and T200, against one another in a head to head test with Trackman technology.
    Shop Titleist irons at 2nd Swing: www.2ndswing.c...
    Schedule an award-winning 2nd Swing Tour Van fitting for new Titleist irons: fitting.2ndswi...

Комментарии • 69

• @petegalindez9961
    @petegalindez9961 3 года назад +4

Great review guys! I was fitted for irons about a month ago, looking for a players distance irons. I hit the ball fairly solidly, but after having two hip replacements in the last 10 years, I’ve lost some swing speed, so distance has suffered. I’m 52. I tried almost every players distance iron out there, starting with the P790, 0311, ZX5, and Callaway Apex. I currently play a combo set of Callaway CF16 Apex (4-7), and Apex Pro (8-PW). I was looking for more height, distance, and better landing angle. Was getting about 65 feet and a 41 degree landing angle with my old clubs (6 iron). None of the clubs I tried changed that much until I hit the T200 irons! The sound is slightly louder, but overall, it performed great for me. One overall question: I frequently hear from reviewers like yourself that the benefit of the players iron is the mishits don’t give you the big flyer and the scatter gram is tighter. However, how come we see fairly regularly when the pros hit a draw when they are trying to hit a fade, that the ball goes wayyyyyy too far and left (right hander)? Also, when they hit out of the rough, they get the big flyer sometimes that will go 10-15 yards too far? Is it fair to say if they were playing more forgiving irons that delta would be even bigger?

• @samallanach5537
      @samallanach5537 2 года назад +2

Flyers are typically because of moisture or turf/debris getting between the clubface and the ball causing a decrease in spin and more distance especially in shorter irons/wedges; the more blade like clubs actually tend to help with flyer because of their higher and more consistent spin number which help avoid a rocket out of the rough. As for those misses you might see the pros hit i wouldn't put too much weight on left to right missing, since they frequently switch shot shapes they do make mistakes, a hook or over draw is always due to club face angle and path not because of iron forgivability. The best way to tell forgiveness is on what kind of distance you get out of a mishit compared to a well struck shot.

• @andrewrudzinski5653
    @andrewrudzinski5653 Месяц назад +1

Well, I had hip surgery myself. My Titleist t200's were clingy, and I lost a good 15 yards after my surgery. I studied you tube videos, hit various irons thru a local fitter. He recommended Callaway Paradym. . My son, who is a 6 handclap, and has Mizunos 923 forged. Had me hit his irons and recommended more feet turned out. My distance came back and my 150 clu went from a 7 iron to an easy 8. Mizunos were straight, high, and long. Guess, it is true what they say, Mizuno's feel like butter. So happy to be golfing better again. I am sorry, but Titleist t200 are not for me. FYI- I am a 15 handicap.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  Месяц назад +1

Great feedback and glad to hear you're back playing golf again! Also great that it sounds like you've got a set of irons that works for you

• @RK-ig5hy
    @RK-ig5hy 2 года назад +3

Great content, really loving this channel. Keep it up!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад

Much appreciated! There's A LOT more content coming soon! -Danny

• @jggolf4033
    @jggolf4033 3 года назад +5

Is there much difference heel to toe on the 100s vs 200?

• @garth19791
    @garth19791 3 года назад +1

Love the channel keep up the great work.

• @jayenuu
    @jayenuu 3 года назад +20

Judging by dispersion he should play the T200. Also, spin isn't everything. It looked like the T200 launched way higher.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  3 года назад +2

Something to consider! There are some tour players that play a more forgiving club than what is considered a tour club. Dispersion and performance is key. - Thomas

• @ramalufc322
      @ramalufc322 2 года назад +2

No brainer to play the T200 if that test was replicated consistently; buttery feel is great but results are what is about.

• @pcm7315
      @pcm7315 2 года назад

@@ramalufc322 Distance and dispersion with the T200 were the excellent. Launch angle appeared to be good, also.

• @v205
      @v205 10 месяцев назад

Might be better for this iron but not the longer irons?

• @jamesbarger4409
    @jamesbarger4409 Год назад +1

If your a 10 handicap which series or irons would be best??

• @bertlexington7716
    @bertlexington7716 Год назад

I’m looking for new clubs and use AP2 , what Titileist club would I look at that similar ?

• @rogeliomendez9135
    @rogeliomendez9135 3 года назад +2

Have been waiting for this video. Dropped the $ for a set of 100s. Knocked down my spin and felt great through the turf. Now it is just a waiting game, end of October 😢

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  3 года назад

You won't be disappointed the 100S irons have been performing very well in the fitting bay!

• @scottlang7130
      @scottlang7130 2 года назад

I ordered T100 first of august. Still waiting also

• @rogeliomendez9135
      @rogeliomendez9135 2 года назад

@@scottlang7130 I placed order through an on-site Titleist fitting on Aug 12. Received them near end of Sept. There is a long wait currently. Loving them so far

• @tatski2274
    @tatski2274 Год назад

Combination of blade and muscle back? A hybrid irons?

• @rufussthoo4083
    @rufussthoo4083 3 года назад

I notice Thomas's AoA is on the 'shallow' side at around 2.5 down. Mine is the same, averaging 2.6 down with a 7 iron. My impact is a groove or two on the low side so my launch angle is a little high at around 20* and spin is a little low at circa 6000. My 'gaming' chs with the 7 iron is 87 mph (+/-- 2mph). If I could test only one of these Titleist irons, which should it be?

• @wbev_thai1666
    @wbev_thai1666 Год назад

Hello guys I am a total beginner, which set would be best for me and which shafts , thank you

• @northgolfer7786
    @northgolfer7786 3 года назад

@2nd Swing Golf, what is the current wait time for T100 orders? Thanks.

• @11cassius
    @11cassius 9 месяцев назад +1

Kinda funny you call it workability,all I’m seeing is ego as the T200 dispersion front to back and side to side was best performer there easily

• @smithgolftv
    @smithgolftv 2 года назад +1

Great vids!
    Im heading to buy T200 in an hour :-) Thanks!

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад

If you need help with ordering T200's you can always reach out to our sales and service team if you don't live close to one of our stores. 2ndswing.com - Thomas

• @joelane2845
    @joelane2845 2 года назад

Thomas,
    If I got a set of the T200 irons, would you recommend getting the 48 degree wedge in the T100S for better feel and spin on chips and half shots? The T100 and 100S are supposed to have better soles by Vokey for chips, pitches and half shots or would you stay with the T200 48 degree wedge?
    Thanks, Joe

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад +1

I would recommend the 48 with the set v vokey based on skill level. If its just for a gap with full shots go with the 48 with the set. If you like to chip a lot with a 48 I would go with the vokey. - Thomas

• @johnverheyen812
    @johnverheyen812 3 года назад +2

Just throwing it out there, but gapping between the wedges and long clubs should also be taken into consideration between the T100 and T100S. I went with the T100 because they gap well with my 50* Vokey Gap Wedge against the T100 46* PW, and the 4 iron at 24* gives me the right gapping with my 21* TSi2 hybrid. If I went with the T100S, I would have too large of a gap heading into my 50* Gap Wedge with a 44* T100S PW and I would not have enough gapping between my 21* hybrid against a 22* T100S 4 iron (plus I am not sure I could hit a 22* 4 iron off of turf as consistent as a 24* 4 iron). With the 2019 T100 7 iron with DG TI X100, I average 94.5 clubhead speed, 126mph ball speed, -3.9 AoA, 6,950 spin, 175 yards Carry on Trackman.

• @2ndswing

Good point. If you were to change to the S model that are stronger lofted your clubs will be going further and you will have to change the gapping of your wedges to ensure there is not a large gap between your pw & gw. You also would have to consider a loft change in the hybrid.

• @Brooks_Cupcake
      @Brooks_Cupcake 3 года назад +1

@@2ndswing What are your thoughts on playing the T100-S but bending them weak 2* to match or a combo set with the T100?

• @KennyKeebs
      @KennyKeebs 3 года назад +6

@@Brooks_Cupcake just get the T100 in that scenario

• @Sam.1981
    @Sam.1981 3 года назад

Great vids keep up great work

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  3 года назад

Thank you for watching!

• @richardcostello9062
    @richardcostello9062 3 года назад

In terms of forgiveness how do the t100 s compare to the apex pro 21?

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  3 года назад +3

They will be similar in forgiveness. I would anticipate a little less spin and a couple yards more distance from the T100S due to the loft being a touch stronger with T100S. This would be a great comparison to do. - Thomas

• @MrDrMeow
    @MrDrMeow 3 года назад

Great video

• @TAYLORFAN50
    @TAYLORFAN50 Год назад

They are all top notch.. but wouldn't trade my PXG 0811 gen3 irons for any of them.

• @dsloan9561
    @dsloan9561 3 года назад +1

Interested in the data on this one....

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  3 года назад +1

Thanks for joining the premiere. You are correct the T200 numbers performed extremely well!

• @mashedpotatoes5276
    @mashedpotatoes5276 3 года назад +1

1.45 smash factor average over several shots with 7 iron…. Who are you trying to fool

• @JasonJavoian
    @JasonJavoian 2 года назад

What kind of spin rate is needed to 'roll the ball backward' once it hits the green. Would a good golfer (I am not in this category) be able to do this with all 3 models (T100, 100S, 200) using say a 9 iron?

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад +2

This is a good question and will depend on how high a golfer hits the ball also. Some golfers can spin a 9iron back with speed and a deeper attack angle. I am not one of them. You have created a great video topic for us! Thanks for watching - Thomas

• @bnambisan
      @bnambisan Год назад

Were these shafts stiff or regular?

• @emak4558
    @emak4558 Год назад

Explain that again, how the T100 is likely to make a draw more so than T200 ? You sort of ignored the off set difference between the clubs. How about this, you swung the T200 better than the T100.

• @cgarrity
    @cgarrity 2 года назад +3

I love Thomas, but I would guess 99% of your audience doesn’t swing this fast. Would be great to see more testing from a good player who swings their driver ~ 100 MPH.

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад +3

We have more testers in that category in videos coming up! Thanks for watching :) - Jackie

• @cgarrity
      @cgarrity 2 года назад

@@2ndswing Brilliant. Love seeing the healthy growth of 2nd Swing. Have bought MANY clubs from you and it's always been a great experience. Next up: an iron fitting.

• @jfranklin8190
    @jfranklin8190 2 года назад +1

Every single vid I’ve seen comparing these clubs, players hit the t200 the best by nearly every metric, but goes with the t100 or t100s…oh egos

• @2ndswing
      @2ndswing  2 года назад +1

We agree the T200 has performed very well. Yes it can be ego's but there are other things to consider which includes gapping with a club where the loft is too strong for golfers that hit the ball far, feel (forged v cast) and appearance. Many golfers still feel more confident with a club that appeals to them address. It's always going to be player dependent - Thomas

• @SPYLXER
      @SPYLXER 2 года назад

@@2ndswing both irons are forged??

• @Jacks0n1
      @Jacks0n1 2 года назад +1

Had the '19 T200s in the bag and had them stolen. Just picked up the T100S. It's definitely not just ego. I struggled with the short irons with the T200s. Lack of consistency and hit some truly awful shots I just didn't hit with my old AP2s. We'll see on the course, but after about 40 shots in a hitting bay, the T100s seems to combine the feel I'm looking for with the extra juice I need as someone who would like to hit is irons further.

• @robscherer
    @robscherer 3 года назад

T200 or p770? Thoughts? I was fit for the p770 at 2nd Swing ironically, but have never tried out the t200.

• @2ndswing

They are quite different clubs. The T200 would be a closer match for the P790. T200 being a couple degrees stronger in loft would spin less and go a little further than P790. - Thomas

• @robscherer
      @robscherer 3 года назад

@@2ndswing Interesting. Thanks for the reply Thomas. I am definitely curious about the T200 over my current p770's in terms of forgiveness. I'm definitely not aiming to get more distance out of my irons, just not something I'm concerned about I guess.

• @johnhathaway735
    @johnhathaway735 3 года назад

If a player center faces his irons but surely needs height Bc I’m a low ball hitter. (I’ve played ap2 714 for 8 years) should he get t200 even if say I don’t truely need the extra forgiveness. Did you guys find they launch higher as well?

• @2ndswing

You might want to compare the two on a simulator. The T100 irons may provide the necessary spin needed to get the ball elevated. It will depend on your club speed. T200 COG is designed to fly a little higher but the stronger loft may make it harder to spin the ball. - Thomas

• @RK-ig5hy
      @RK-ig5hy 2 года назад +1

Low ball hitter here. Played original AP2s since 2009 and got fitted for T100--similar launch and spin, but more ball speed and 5 yards more carry, and extra forgiveness on off-center strikes. Opted for T100s bent 2* weak to get similar launch, but to benefit from a little more bounce for soft conditions. T100/100s feel even better than my AP2s. Good luck!

• @stangetz534
    @stangetz534 2 года назад

Thomas it looks like you are swinging really hard.

• @phild3892
    @phild3892 Год назад +1

Why isn’t this guy playing the t200? Ego? Clearly the best performance for him

• @10UPn2DOWN
    @10UPn2DOWN 2 года назад

Ahh dispersion wasn't mentioned ? T100 n T100s are bad, don't mention shaft type etc.

• @ryang1910
    @ryang1910 3 года назад +1

T200 sounds really bad to me

• @2ndswing

T200 is louder than the other two, but the performance is sure there!

• @ryang1910
      @ryang1910 3 года назад

@@2ndswing they look great too, just couldn't do the sound. clanky

• @EvilDrDude
    @EvilDrDude 3 года назад +6

Average golfers do not hit 7 iron 190 yards. Your assessments are useful to professionals but not most golfers. It seems to me that you are trying to sell products by making them look like the average user can hit their irons much further. Your whole video is a sham

• @philstallone1712
      @philstallone1712 2 года назад +3

Have to disagree. Same swings showing the differences of the irons was useful to me.

• @pcm7315
      @pcm7315 2 года назад

@@philstallone1712 Good call.

• @wiseburro1
      @wiseburro1 Год назад

It's a comparison between the clubs. He could be swinging at a slower speed, the distances would be shorter, but the intrinsic club characteristics are the the same, and hence very useful to anyone of any skill level.