Fuji X-S10 Review & Street Photography POV - I'm selling my X-T3!

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 8 сен 2024

Комментарии • 400

• @daileydose6493
    @daileydose6493 3 года назад +16

God if they had dropped the XS-10 before I bought my XT3 in August I would've snatched that up in a heartbeat. Will say my fuji has inspired me to shoot so so much more now

• @AtomicPixel
      @AtomicPixel 3 года назад

There’s just something about them that’s so fun, right?!

• @ByteReview
    @ByteReview 3 года назад +9

Bringing that IBIS down to the lower price point is awesome. Also, Classic Chrome 👌

• @srb2834
    @srb2834 3 года назад +12

I’m pumped to get an XS10. It really seems perfect for my uses w/ interview shooting snd weddings that I do on the side from my day job. Paired with a Zhyuin Crane ‘M2 with a couple
    Of Prime lenses and it seems like a dynamite choice for a light weight do all Wedding setup

• @AceArnsmar
    @AceArnsmar 3 года назад +3

The X-S10 is my first Fuji camera and I couldn’t be happier!

• @RalfeOrtiz
    @RalfeOrtiz 3 года назад +9

For $999, and it’s features, it can’t be beat. All other competitors are easily $1,500+ with similar features. The X-S10 is a solid choice! The 8-bit still looks really good, and more than sufficient for majority RUclips content. This was suppose to be my next camera buy. Lol

• @lsaideOK
      @lsaideOK 3 года назад +1

The Nikon Z5, full frame, is on sale for the same price.

• @legniak1
      @legniak1 2 года назад +1

The X-T3 is the same price and a much better camera

• @RalfeOrtiz
      @RalfeOrtiz 2 года назад

@@legniak1 I ended up buying the Sony ZV-E10.

• @legniak1
      @legniak1 2 года назад +1

@@RalfeOrtiz I looked at one a while back but after checking reviews the rolling shutter is pretty bad. looks like a good choice for the price though. Hope you like it

• @RalfeOrtiz
      @RalfeOrtiz 2 года назад

@@legniak1 it’s great and serves it purpose. I mostly do talking heads on a locked off tripod. So rolling shutter isn’t an issue for me.

• @JacksonHayes
    @JacksonHayes 3 года назад +41

don’t let your xt3 hear you talking like this

• @Awakenbeing
    @Awakenbeing 8 месяцев назад +1

That is what I exactly want to know about the Fujifilm Xs-10 camera, I think this is the camera I was looking for.

• @AtomicPixel
    @AtomicPixel 3 года назад +18

Props to you bro for walking around Toronto with a mouthguard camera! No fcks. I dig it. And top notch quality on your videos as always!
    -Tuan

• @JamieMcEwanOfficial
    @JamieMcEwanOfficial 3 года назад +6

Upscaling 1080 to 4k is the way.
    This camera looks amazing!

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +3

the dirty secret of RUclips

• @JamieMcEwanOfficial
      @JamieMcEwanOfficial 3 года назад

@@impatrickt "Movie production and hard drive companies hate this RUclipsr secret"

• @LeeZavitz
    @LeeZavitz 3 года назад +35

plz sir. use the body cap

• @rubiotv
      @rubiotv 3 года назад +5

Nah man you gotta live on the edge! #losethecap

• @nevvanclarke9225
    @nevvanclarke9225 Год назад +1

I have the XS 10 well I tell a Lie I did have one but my son saw the photos that I took with it so I sold it to him as it is so good. This camera is probably pound for pound the most underrated camera ever made. Seriously, it is so good for the price for less than 1000 bucks you get a top grade sensor in body stabilisation fantastic auto focus. It has everything you need. If you can’t take good photos with this camera it is time to go and find another hobby. It is that good

• @XhonDang
    @XhonDang 3 года назад +1

POV section was fun. There were a ton of moments where I shouted "o pt get that!"
    and then you got that.

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад

I’m never missing a 2002 Camry. Don’t worry.

• @TariqMansour1990
    @TariqMansour1990 Год назад

Photos out of this camera just remind me of my family's old photos just full of film feel and nostalgia.

• @skuzmin
    @skuzmin 6 месяцев назад

Better late than never:) I bit the bullet and finally bought this camera. And I love it. X-T30 is also nice and small and beautiful but man this camera is much more comfortable for me. I thought I would miss all these retro controls but actually don’t. May be it’s not so beautiful but I appreciate comfort and effectiveness more. And I am really considering to start shooting jpeg. It will be easier with this camera, I think. Thank you for this video, it is wonderful.

• @cinqo7
    @cinqo7 3 года назад +4

I can not tell you how much I loved this video. I’m speechless. You gave me a lot of ideas for my xs10. I was going to return it to buy a x100v but now I’m not. Thank you very much for sharing all your settings.

• @impatrickt

Glad to hear it!

• @geirjohannesen667
      @geirjohannesen667 2 года назад

I sold my X100V and bought the 27mm f2.8 for the X-S10. It hardly extends beyond the grip and the combination is ergonomically better than the X100V, but not as good looking.

• @HeinzDuschanek
    @HeinzDuschanek 3 года назад +2

My first Fuji camera ever, and I looooove it! Never thought this before, as I was firstly a Canon, and secondly a Sony fanboy.

• @hafidhhh
      @hafidhhh 3 года назад

Which canon do you use before? Do you find the AF performance on par with this xs10?

• @HeinzDuschanek
      @HeinzDuschanek 3 года назад

@@hafidhhh It‘s a Canon 550D. And with that I often had problems with the AF, as it did not focus on the eyes of the person I took a photo.

• @alisinclair8529
    @alisinclair8529 3 года назад +2

If you're mainly a stills shooter with some video work thrown in this seems like a great option. Also loved the Delica cameo

• @smalltalk.productions9977
      @smalltalk.productions9977 3 года назад

big Mitsubishi Delica fan. almost impossible to find where i live. i saw ONE a few years back and it still makes me smile. stay well. thumbs up.

• @mstuartkendall
      @mstuartkendall 3 года назад

So, what if you are mainly a video shooter. What options do you recommend?

• @MrMikeRice
    @MrMikeRice 3 года назад +3

Uh oh my X-100V knows im thinking of selling it for this. Would be a better sidekick to my XT4. Great video btw!

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +1

Much better side kick!

• @tommedvedich
    @tommedvedich 3 года назад +2

Dude your videos just look so damn good. The color and lighting is sick

• @konsevdi
    @konsevdi 3 года назад +5

If I get a Fuji this is the one! Btw CANNONS sound great!

• @impatrickt

they're so good! on Musicbed!

• @BiancaMikaehla
    @BiancaMikaehla 3 года назад +8

That was an amazing review! I've been waiting for the XS-10 review for quite some time now. Haha. I've been torn between getting this or the XT-4. How's the battery life when shooting video?? Thanks for the great video btw!

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +2

It's on par with my XT3 you get a couple hours of video out of one battery!

• @SudeepSD
    @SudeepSD 3 года назад +7

Knew it ! I was waiting for a video on this product from a person/creator I know
    Here we gooooo
    Patrick da best

• @mindbomb2000
    @mindbomb2000 2 года назад

So, I was an idiot, and bought this camera on a whim without much research (it hasn't arrived yet). But videos like these are making me think that I made a good choice. Thanks for the video!

• @abrowntx
    @abrowntx 3 года назад +1

came here because i thought i wanted to buy an x-s10, but ended up realizing i want that van @ 8:45

• @TheEverydayDad
    @TheEverydayDad 3 года назад +18

Weirdest looking Mac mini I’ve ever seen.

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +3

no Bluetooth issues at least

• @harrisonjr98
    @harrisonjr98 3 года назад +2

As an XT2 owner with a bunch of the chunky ultra fast primes, this makes me sorta want an XS10 and all of the compact primes instead 🤔

• @marcmcmullan8155
    @marcmcmullan8155 2 года назад +1

Just the review I was looking for. Great info and detail and love the POV walk around. Appreciate your time in putting this together. Have subscribed and love forward to more stuff coming.

• @andrepoon
    @andrepoon 3 года назад

Just bought the xs10… and its now my favourite too.

• @samuelchan699
    @samuelchan699 3 года назад

Thanks for this upload! I am a longtime Fuji-X shooter and I only recently learned about the S-X10, so I had questions. Your video answered all my questions and then some.

• @Svidge_123_
    @Svidge_123_ 6 месяцев назад

Dear Mr. Tomassso, thank you for sharing your valuable time and expertise with us, viewers of your channel. I've noticed that still images from your camera are slightly but beautifully underexposed. Maybe it just me... but I feel that behind that slightly darker ambiance there is something more subtle than just turning down exposure compensation dial. If I may... Is there some recipe (fujifilm default film simulation or your own) involved? Thank you.

• @readytochop2462
    @readytochop2462 3 года назад +1

You can just buy an X-T3 for around $1050 new from various people on Fuji FB pages. I did.

• @impatrickt

I’d take an XS10 over my XT3.

• @richardhebert1558
    @richardhebert1558 3 года назад +1

Hi Patrick, I really like your review. I'm selling my SONY 'cuz I teally don't like the ergonomics on it. I'm getting the X-S10. This is the one I've been waiting for. Cheers from Montréal!

• @MeilikPepper
    @MeilikPepper Год назад +1

Thank you for this video, I respect your honest opinions on any camera you talk about (to avoid the term “review”).
    Do you still use it? Did the S5 or A7IV take over now?
    And how did you manage to chat with people with a mouthguard mount?🤔🤔😄😄

• @aaronpeipert
    @aaronpeipert 3 года назад +4

That mouth guard!

• @CreatedTech
    @CreatedTech 3 года назад +2

I recognise this guy's voice from somewhere...
    Great video mate!

• @skipper4114
    @skipper4114 3 года назад +2

Just came across your channel. Mine arrives here in Japan tomorrow. I owned a bunch of Fuji gear in the past. I had a XT2 with several lenses. I am slowly moving back to Fuji as I got a X100V earlier this year but wanted something with IBIS . I did order the old 35mm f1.4 so it will be curious to see if the autofocus is much faster as people are saying with the newer bodies. Cheers from Japan but Canadian....

• @impatrickt

Awesome! I’ve used the 1.4’s as well and I’m not a fan for video. They’re great for photos though!

• @sajinsadanandan8449
    @sajinsadanandan8449 2 года назад +1

Its my First camera "FUJI XS-10" ❤️❤️
    Just love this one....Its Style, Ergonomics, Build quality,Super cool images and videos it produce and the articulating LCD display...!!🥰🥰🔥🔥
    Still viewing all the reviews of my Cam..!! A goosebump moment when hearing all the positives 🥰🤗
    The only negative i felt is that its not weather sealed 😕
    Really Thank yöu for this awesome review..😊 Its what i am looking for.
    I just want to know which lens u used for the Street Photography?Is it the same kit lens?ie XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS ?
    Just loved all the pics taken...😍😍🔥🔥👍

• @BigCityBusiness
    @BigCityBusiness 2 года назад

Thinking of buying this camera… I want the T-X4 because of its video quality but I don’t think it’s practical Because I really want a camera just to travel with and take pictures of city buildings etc. I think this would be a nice first camera. I have gitters so the IBIS is very important to me. Also the flip screen is what I prefer. Thanks for the video

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  2 года назад

Practically speaking the size isn’t much different.

• @micahcarrier4030
    @micahcarrier4030 3 года назад +2

I’ve been torn between this and the XT4. Only real thing in my opinion is that ones weather sealed and one isn’t. I was just put on to your page, love the content brotha. Appreciate the review. 🔥🔥 work. If I go with the XS10 would I be damaging the camera if I occasionally shoot in the rain? I live in Az so it’s never really raining that much but still lol.

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +2

I wouldn’t worry about the weather sealing. I have a bunch of cameras that aren’t weather sealed and I’ve never had an issue. Snow. Rain. Sand.

• @micahcarrier4030
      @micahcarrier4030 3 года назад

@@impatrickt no sh*t well that makes me feel better. Just never really owned a weather sealed camera. Thanks bruh

• @ericthestone
    @ericthestone 3 года назад +1

It will be better if Fujifilm will let us fully customize the two blank dials! I just want to set one to ISO and free up the ISO button for something else. I really don't need a dial for film sims!

• @impatrickt

I bet we will see it in a firmware update.

• @ericthestone
      @ericthestone 3 года назад

@@impatrickt fingers crossed!

• @kiIIingxspree
    @kiIIingxspree Год назад

Wait you walked around with a camera in your mouth to show us how shorter camera shoots street photography?? You sir are insane, have my upvote and subscription

• @LynRees
    @LynRees 3 года назад +1

For street shooting though, the X-T3 rear screen would be my preference. Still, I might have to hold my nose and exchange my X-T3 for one of these... Or return to Nikon with a Z6ii.

• @vidal1885
    @vidal1885 3 года назад

This is my first Camera and I'd love to see a settings video of the box because I know a lot of people have adjusted and re mapped it out the box. Overall great video 🤌🏽

• @impatrickt

I don't touch with anything. Just shoot and have fun.

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 2 года назад

Sounds like a great camera for all around family photography.

• @txmexnittro
    @txmexnittro 3 года назад

Awesome videos and great photos with the Fuji S-10!!
    I love my Fuji XT-2 & XT-3, I've played with the Fuji S-10 an that thing is nice and does great video/ photos......

• @sallybillman3593
    @sallybillman3593 3 года назад +1

It is good to hear that your 23 mm F/2 lens has good auto focus. How new of lens is it? I have been watching Denae & Andrew ( think that is right) channel and many of his reviews of that lens has mentioned the lack of sharpness when close-up. A retailer has said that some of Fuji Film's lens have improved over time.
    This was a good video. I have not done video yet, but purchase the X-S10 for many reasons you have mentioned.

• @thegrayyernaut
    @thegrayyernaut 3 года назад

My solution for the grip is $7, a thumb grip xD
    Joking aside, I know video-making needs stuff on the hot-shoe and the X-S10 does pretty well to address that by having a nice grip for hand-held video works.

• @impatrickt

I have a few of those thumb grips but they don’t compare to an actual real hand grip.

• @thegrayyernaut
      @thegrayyernaut 3 года назад

@@impatrickt True! That's what holding a DSLR after a while of using tiny mirrorless feels for me.
      The big grips feel so good xD

• @VijitChandna
    @VijitChandna 3 года назад +2

you love this camera
    i love your videos

• @madbagsit
    @madbagsit 3 года назад

Great videos, man!! The segments so well-timed and good pov reviews!! Subscribed!

• @jan-martinulvag1953
    @jan-martinulvag1953 3 года назад +4

When I saw Gordon Laings video on this camera and how he was smiling all over his face , then I knew...

• @impatrickt

Its a great camera!

• @spikeweb5193
      @spikeweb5193 2 года назад

@@impatrickt no its not!! Jesssus people? Ergonomics sucks. The fact that the grip is deeper does not mean that the overall ergonomics is great.. Are you happy because it takes good photos in good light? Jessus, x-s10 costs 1000 dolars, MUST take good photos in good light at this price! Smartphone also takes good photos in good light

• @impatrickt

@@spikeweb5193 wow I get some dumb comments but this one is going in the hall of fame.

• @spikeweb5193
      @spikeweb5193 2 года назад

@@impatrickt Any arguments? In appearance, the X-S10 most closely resembles the amateur X-T200 model. The retro design is still noticeable, but we will not find the dials characteristic of e.g. the X-Pro series of shutter speeds, ISO sensitivity or exposure compensation. The case is similar with the handle - this element was usually modest in the Fufujilm mirrorless cameras (the exception was the X-H1). The handle of the X-S10 is much larger, which is easily noticeable, and the camera gives the impression of being quite large. In fact, however, the body is quite compact, which you will feel immediately after taking the camera in your hand. The handle is deep, but the modest height does not allow you to rest the little finger of your right hand on it. Its not AMAZING!! in the X-S10, it was not decided to seal the structure.

• @impatrickt

@@spikeweb5193 I’ve used every camera Fuji has made in the last 5 years. The XS10 is the best feeling camera they’ve made. Those retro dials are the worst thing about Fuji and I’m so glad they’re slowing removing them on all models. Xe4, gfx100s etc are much improved.

• @loufonolleras5544
    @loufonolleras5544 3 года назад

Good review, thanks! It's basically this years' XT40

• @impatrickt

without all the limitations of that silly camera

• @koolkutz7
    @koolkutz7 3 года назад +3

Great overview Patrick. Those Fuji colors look great SOOC! I am thinking of getting the X-S10 with the 18-55mm f2.8-4 lens. I believe that the lenses with LM (linear motor) are smoother and faster for the AF system. I would probably add the XF 100-400mm and 1.4 TC as I like to photograph and film wildlife. Do you think it would be okay for that?

• @joel_g
    @joel_g 3 года назад +3

That was a really great review to watch! I’m debating getting this for better SOOC jpegs. Fuji colors just look so nice!

• @AtomicPixel
      @AtomicPixel 3 года назад

If you do join Fuji, you’ll have a blast with recipes. So much you can do to make it mimic film stock. It’s good stuff. :)

• @joel_g
      @joel_g 3 года назад +1

@@AtomicPixel I’ve seen that! Also looks super fun

• @CorneliaAudrey
    @CorneliaAudrey 3 года назад

Awesome video!! Thanks for this fantastic breakdown.

• @abelemanuel275
    @abelemanuel275 3 года назад +1

Yea I’m definitely going to sell my Sony a6400 and get the Fujifilm

• @hariprudhvi9175
    @hariprudhvi9175 3 года назад +1

Love your explanation!!

• @gabrielto4990
    @gabrielto4990 3 года назад +4

I wonder how does the people react when they see you with the go pro in your mouth? Hahah this is my first time hearing it so I'm curious about it. Totally into the x-s10 but hopefully in the future I can afford when I sell my canon 600d and other lenses for it.

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  3 года назад +5

The key to street photography is not caring what anyone thinks!

• @ThePerfectGogeta
    @ThePerfectGogeta 3 года назад

Another stellar review! Subscribed!

• @pauls1ngh
    @pauls1ngh Год назад

IBIS is cool but no internal 10 bit video is a deal breaker for me. XT3 has 10 bit 420 4k 60p.

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  Год назад

F log is so ass that I’d rather shoot baked in 8 bit over 10 bit f log.

• @dianarausch8553
    @dianarausch8553 3 года назад

Great review! I was in between buying this or a X-T3 and you really sold me on this one

• @HappyGrl41
    @HappyGrl41 2 года назад

Nice video. I did buy one myself and so far, I love it. I got it for the sensor and ibis, I don't usually shoot video but it's there if I want to. I purchased the 18-55 kit lens which I think is a great lens but bulky. I have to pick a prime for it. I was debating between the XT-3 and the 100V but I got a good deal on the X-S10 so I went for it.

• @RobMoses
    @RobMoses 3 года назад

Looks like a good camera. I think I'll pick one up and see if I like it.

• @HVRIS
    @HVRIS 3 года назад +2

Lovely video dude! Might sell my X-T30 for this 👀 I’ll have to see

• @impatrickt

that would be a solid upgrade for sure

• @34136TS
      @34136TS 3 года назад +1

Just did exactly that, extra grip included!

• @netalexpg1
    @netalexpg1 3 года назад +1

Nice video! Just got mine and love it. Can you do a video on how you do a complete set-up of the camera for still & video? Thanks!

• @impatrickt

I had to give it back to Fuji! I will probably pick one up in the new year. I usually leave if in a priority for photos.

• @netalexpg1
      @netalexpg1 3 года назад

@@impatrickt Oh to bad, maybe you'll find one under your Christmas tree, ha!

• @impatrickt

@@netalexpg1 hope so!!

• @healing2gether
    @healing2gether 3 года назад +1

Thanks for this bud!! I ordered mine which will be here in two days!! I’ve currently been using the EOS R for my main photo and video kit for the past year, but my videos for this channel have been lacking depth for me.
    I have also always had Fuji cameras simultaneously. I’ve had an XT3 and XT2 but sold them and kept my XT-1 with Fringer pro 2 adapter to use my canon glass. I’ll never get rid of my XTOne.
    But I’m so excited to try out the XS10.
    Btw, where did you get the music for this vid? Cannons?
    Thanks,
    Adam

• @impatrickt

Music is from Musicbed. Enjoy the camera!

• @StapediusReflex
    @StapediusReflex 3 года назад +1

I bought my x100v right before these were announced. I probably would have gone with the x-s10 but I do love the x100v. The grip is also my main issue with it though.

• @canebrakeruffian1122
    @canebrakeruffian1122 3 года назад +2

When people say this thing shoots 10 bit with HDMI, what exactly does that mean?

• @MatthewWagnerFilms
      @MatthewWagnerFilms 3 года назад +2

It will record in 10 bit to an external monitor/recorder via the hdmi output. But won’t record 10 but straight to your SD card in camera.

• @angelsalgado8148
    @angelsalgado8148 3 года назад +1

Great Review! Been wanting to switch to fuji for awhile now and this convinced me. What lenses do you recommend for this bad boy?

• @Snapsley
    @Snapsley 3 года назад

Thanks. Now I listen to Cannons. 👌🏼

• @PhotoGearFun
    @PhotoGearFun 3 года назад

You spelled center wrong my friend :-). You have summed up my feelings on this camera so well. I would add that I have had great results with this and a Fringer Pro (version 1) adapter with Canon EF mount lenses. Great for me since I have a ton of EF lenses including a 100-400 Sigma which is so much less expensive than the Fuji offering. Another great video. Love the street session vlog. Cheers.

• @impatrickt

That's how we spell centre in Canada. LOL.

• @PhotoGearFun
      @PhotoGearFun 3 года назад

@@impatrickt I know just having a bit of fun. I grew up in NH and had lots of Canadian friends making fun of they spelling is just engrained in me now I guess. I know it's the US that gets most spellings wrong in the eyes of the world :-)

• @brandonmerritt
    @brandonmerritt 3 года назад

Just bought it as my first mirrorless camera but dang is it heavy! My gawd. I’m seriously thinking of returning it for the Sony a6400 because that is way lighter and weather sealed too. My wife and I mostly just wanted something light and portable for traveling that can still take really nice pics

• @impatrickt

That would be dumb.

• @brandonmerritt
      @brandonmerritt 3 года назад

@@impatrickt why? Serious question. Are you saying the lighter a6400 isn’t worth all the trade offs?

• @impatrickt

@@brandonmerritt absolutely not - and the XS10 is light.

• @nubscrub
      @nubscrub 2 года назад

@@brandonmerritt a6400 is indeed a good move if you value the lighter weight and weather sealing. If possible see if you can try out or rent a camera before you buy, to avoid buyer's remorse.

• @benjhaisch
    @benjhaisch 3 года назад +1

IBIS 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

• @impatrickt

not to be confused with IBS!!!

• @droidbait8708
    @droidbait8708 3 года назад

damn that sandwich at 9:26 looks so good

• @israelcarvalho7652
    @israelcarvalho7652 2 года назад

Thank you for the great video. :)

• @pulakkhearu7260
    @pulakkhearu7260 8 месяцев назад

Hello sir, what will be a good wide angle lens with xs10 for beginners for travel photography?

• @idreyza
    @idreyza Год назад

I'm torn between Fuji X-S10 or Lumix g95.
    i heard fuji app is a mess but then g95 looks really big for my street photography.

• @williamchan8866
    @williamchan8866 3 года назад

A lot people complained about Fuji’s small grip but anyone who shot with film cameras knows most have a plain flat body and people were fine with them.

• @impatrickt

No lol there’s a reason hardly any cameras are like that anymore. The film ones feel like shit too.

• @UnsungHero_85
    @UnsungHero_85 3 года назад +1

I have the same setup. X-S10 with the 23mm f2. It feels so good in hand that I fell asleep with the camera in my hand while tweaking settings. A photographic/video hand pillow device if you will. Love your vids man, greetings from NY📸😎

• @impatrickt

Hahaha. That made me LOL. Cheers!

• @creshendo06
    @creshendo06 Год назад

Hi Patrick ! First of all, thank you for this quick but complete review.
    I am currently looking to buy my first camera for street photography (currently using my grandfather Nikon D90)
    I was wondering if you still use it or if you would advise to go to something different for 2023?
    Thank you in advance and wish you all the best !

• @impatrickt
      @impatrickt  Год назад

I’ve switched to Sony. Cheers!

• @diceversa1
    @diceversa1 3 года назад

This is the most optimistic Xs 10 review 👍 I have seen on you tube...I am purchasing mine tomorrow 👍🙂.. thanks for sharing the positive vibes man....🙏

@smalltalk.productions9977 3 года назад +2

thanks for the effort and sharing.. i would be SO into the X-S10 if there was X-T3 quality internal 10bit. i hear you about the available 8bit, even using F-Log. how about forgoing the 8bit F-Log and relying on the eterna film sim. i wonder which looks "better" 8bit F-Log vs 8bit eterna? as for being a still machine, you did a nice job portraying a lovely section of toronto. what is that neighborhood called? i am an appreciative subscriber. stay well. thumbs u[.

• @impatrickt

Not a popular opinion but I don’t like Eterna - but if you do it’s an easy way to get around the 8 bit internal as you won’t need to do much color work at all. Same goes for all the films in video actually. Provia looks quite nice.

@smalltalk.productions9977 2 года назад

@@impatrickt thanks for the sharing. i just re-watched this vid. though i'm a dedicated sony FF for personal and work, i do jones after the fuji bodies. i have an x-t1 but i like the ability to crop so thinking X-S10. again. (and that's even after watching your great come to gee-sus moment about tha A74!) thumbs up.

• @Max-ej3vf
    @Max-ej3vf 3 года назад

so nice to see love for Classic Chrome. i bought a used x-t2 earlier this year and got adapters for all my vintage lenses since manual focus is just my preference but i have been looking into getting a native fuji lens. not really sure what to get. torn between the 18-55 kit or the 23mm.

• @kevingullick1596
    @kevingullick1596 3 года назад

Great camera but having tried one out I've decided to stick with my xh1, although the xs10 has good ergonomics it simply isn't a match for the xh1, particularly with larger lenses like the xf 16-55mm which matched with the xh1 is simply superb. But I agree if it was a choice between my xt3 and xs10 then I would definitely go with the xs10, ps the xs10 's good ergonomics are no surprise, it's like a mini xh1.

• @impatrickt

Awesome! It's so interesting how unique everyone's needs are when it comes to cameras. I think the XH1 is one of the worst camera's I've ever used. Not only from Fuji.. like in all cameras. Ha. But I'm glad it works for you!

• @kevingullick1596
      @kevingullick1596 3 года назад

@@impatrickt 🤣

• @Douken
      @Douken 2 года назад

What do you mean by it not being a match for larger lenses? I use the 16-80mm no problem so I’m confused by your comment

• @Festvangelist
      @Festvangelist 2 года назад

In todays world it is tough to evaluate personal ergonomics before you buy because of the demise of most retail brick and mortar stores. It is an individual and a subjective decision. I have rented the 16-55 and the 16-80 starting in two days and after that I will decide which lens to buy. Then I will give you my subjective 2 cent opinion on ergonomics regarding the 16-55 lens. Most likely the right purchase will be the 16-80 for me because of its longer reach for landscapes.

• @jacobpjohnson
    @jacobpjohnson 3 года назад +1

If i'm not particularly interested in video, which fuji interchangeable lens camera would you recommend?

• @impatrickt

XT3 will serve you well for a long time.

• @jacobpjohnson
      @jacobpjohnson 3 года назад

@@impatrickt do you think $850 is a good price for a used one?

• @impatrickt

@@jacobpjohnson absolutely!

• @impatrickt

@@jacobpjohnson for sure!

• @francissosingindyrcworldga8936
    @francissosingindyrcworldga8936 3 года назад

Good review! I want this camera... I'm just unsure about what lenses are out there for it. I started on cameras a year ago and shoot on my sony.

• @dasiniboot
    @dasiniboot 2 года назад

thank you for the awesome vid fam, new sub from this

• @siggi4ever555
    @siggi4ever555 3 года назад +1

Sweet Delica!
    I've always struggled with avoiding interactions with others while shooting on the street. An action-cam mounted on a mouth guard would definitely be one way to go about it.
    I get what you're saying about Fuji's style vs. ergonomics. I've been using Fuji cameras since 2013 and would still give it to my Canon 5D2 in terms of actually manipulating the camera's controls while shooting. With the Fujis, for too many functions you have to take the camera away from my your eye to make changes.

• @impatrickt

Interesting! The new digital dials make changing settings so much easier than the older models.

• @briantucker7173
    @briantucker7173 3 года назад

Thanks, bro. Very helpful. Would you think this would be a solid pick for someone doing simple content creation (videos and stills) for website, social media, and RUclips videos?

• @krugmeup2162
    @krugmeup2162 3 года назад +1

Nice video. Do you think the evf is good enough?

• @tobywalther
    @tobywalther 3 года назад

Thanks for the awesome video man. Have you paired the xs10 with the 16-55? Do you know if that setup works well and if it could work on a gimbal as well?

• @impatrickt

Not a fan of the 16-55 but it works great with the 18-55. Camera might be a bit light for some gimbals but should work with a ronin SC or similar.

• @kingsamvisuals
    @kingsamvisuals 2 года назад

I'm having this dilemma rn. Xt3 owner looking to switch

• @just_eirik
    @just_eirik 3 года назад

Am I the only one that is disappointed that this has an x-trans sensor? I was really hoping Fuji had made a great higher end camera with a normal sensor for once. Honestly, I wish they would make a version of their X-T series cameras Vito normal sensors, in addition to the x-trans version. I’d choose the normal sensor if I could.

• @impatrickt

yes you are. x-trans is amazing.

• @deadtothewxrld
    @deadtothewxrld 3 года назад

man, I'm torn between this and the x-t3! For video, I'm struggling to see distinct differences apart from getting 60 fps on the x-t3. Both do 4:2:2 10-bit externally, although I'm seeing conflicting info on bitrates and whether or not the x-s10 does H.265.

• @impatrickt

no h265 on the XS10. makes no difference to me though. same with the 422 shit.

• @tdorigamimore5200
    @tdorigamimore5200 3 года назад

i'm thinking to get it as a beginner

• @tomfull6637
    @tomfull6637 3 года назад

Great content!

• @GuitarGolfingPOPS
    @GuitarGolfingPOPS 2 года назад

Thanks for this video..liked and subscribed. 65 year old, buying 1st camera. Would you suggest the 16-80 or 18-55..or just buy the body & get the 23f2? Thanks!

• @samossio4987
    @samossio4987 3 года назад +1

I would love to buy the xs10 but i want to get more into video... do you think is better that i get the sony a6400??? Is the first video i watch of your channel they are really good and the photoshoot was awesome 🥰

• @impatrickt

hey Sam! if you do a lot of video, I think the a6400 is a great camera for the price :)
      if you're into photos though nothing beats a fuji in my opinion.

• @samossio4987
      @samossio4987 3 года назад

Thnxs so much... this will be my first mirrorless (jumping from the nikon d3300) sooo scared 😬😬😬

• @devtr288
    @devtr288 3 года назад

at last
    got the answer !!

• @AlexZafer
    @AlexZafer 3 года назад +1

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It is a jack-of-all trades as hybrid cameras go. I shoot video work primarily on Panasonic cameras and my stills on Olympus (I still use Canon DSLR for some pro work). The X-10 might be the camera that finally has me dipping my toes into Fuji though. I've been seriously tempted by the x-t3 since its release. But when you come from Panasonic and Olympus, I love the IBIS too much. That spooky magical IBIS cannot be beat. So I looked at the x-t4 very seriously, if it were not for the price... if I were to make a real switch to Fuji APS-C as my main system, I'd be selling all my mft gear to do it. I'm just not ready. Then I think to myself, why did I invest into MFT in the first place?? Well, it was because of weight and size without compromising too much on IQ, I know how to get the best out of it. It still suits my needs. I do shoot a lot of documentary and street work, so I like to use small unobtrusive cameras. I carry a Ricoh GR everywhere I go. I think the x-s10 is hitting a nice sweet spot here. Especially for ergo, ibis, and having the same sensor as the x-t4 and x-t3. Those Fuji colours .... I'm talking myself into it as I write this.... Having watched a number of early review videos on this camera, yours makes sense and is more real-world to me. Great video, glad I stumbled upon it. Well done. (Miss me some Toronto street photography sessions!!! but I'm stuck in Hamilton during these COVID times).

• @Festvangelist
      @Festvangelist 2 года назад

The Fuji XS10 is why I jumped into Fujifilm…and of course the film simulations. You won’t be disappointed

• @DKINTHELAB
      @DKINTHELAB 2 года назад

@@Festvangelist how’s battery life for 1080 30 video? Do I need to carry around a bunch of battery’s for vlogs

• @TheDarshanSolanki
    @TheDarshanSolanki 3 года назад

superb video brother