Triumph Tiger 800 Gear Change Mechanism Shaft Repair (T1190106)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 8 сен 2024
  • My son's Triumph Tiger 800 XC suffered an issue which can occur on all the Tiger variants from 2010 to 2020. There is a small pin as part of the gear change mechanism which is supposed to align a spring. That spring provides centering for the shifter when between shifts. Unfortunately, the pin can shear off from the pawl which is part of the whole assembly, and then you have no spring return for your shifter.
    Even worse, the expensive gear change assembly, part number T1190106, is not currently available from Triumph. So, we followed the lead of several other youtube mechanics and repaired the existing pin by drilling and tapping it for an M5 machine screw. It is a little tricky, and this video shows how we did it on this motorcycle.
    ►To Purchase
    amzn.to/3U2O4NP (M5 machine screws)
    amzn.to/3UwZw3U (11/64" drill bit)
    amzn.to/3hinXnp (m5 x.80 tap)
    amzn.to/3NCIpeW (Tap handle)
    amzn.to/3WD9Tp1 (thread locker)
    As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Комментарии • 19

• @bazz6670
    @bazz6670 8 месяцев назад +2

Thanks for showing the fix, i believe i have the same problem with mine. Happened in the bush riding trails. Its amazing how you can still ride stuck in fifth gear.

• @tinderboxarts
      @tinderboxarts  8 месяцев назад +2

I imagine that was a bit of a challenge in 5th gear! This repair we did is still holding strong and the bike has had many thousands of miles added since. It is kind of pain to fix, but at least you know there is a solution.

• @Guccimanggg
    @Guccimanggg Год назад +2

absolutely fantastic video. great balance of visual cues and explanation, level of detail and shot selection! hats off!!

• @themeansheets1279
    @themeansheets1279 Год назад

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

• @FREE_PUREBLOOD333
    @FREE_PUREBLOOD333 Год назад

Awesome stuff. Great fix.

• @Onemancanonlydosomuch
    @Onemancanonlydosomuch Год назад

Very nice work and a great video.

• @grazynabobek3697
    @grazynabobek3697 Год назад

dziękuję miałem dokładnie to samo dzięki Tobie naprawiłem u siebie pozdrowienia !!

• @mauriziozanni4161
    @mauriziozanni4161 Год назад +1

A small lathe would have made the job a lot easier and accurate. Well done anyway!

• @tinderboxarts
      @tinderboxarts  Год назад +1

Most of us don't have a metal working lathe in our garage, but if you did you could fabricate a new pin if needed or possibly use it to tap a more accurately centered hole in the existing pin. However, if you look at how the overall mechanism works, perfect accuracy in the centering of the bolt hole really isn't necessary. You could be off quite a bit and not affect operation.

• @Shakespeare-ge5ui
    @Shakespeare-ge5ui Год назад

.Please show the removal and installiation process next time. Great job. thank you.

• @tinderboxarts

You have to draw the line somewhere or else these videos would be hours long!

• @tinks43
    @tinks43 Год назад +2

Great work & great tutor! 👏🏻Reminds me of learning similar things with my late father. You’re Son is lucky to have you 🙌🏻
    I take it the bike is back functional now?

• @tinderboxarts

Yes, the bike is working again and he's leaving for a ride as I write this! I didn't mention that there was another issue as part of this project. The cover gasket was also unavailable from Triumph. There's a lot of supply chain issues. Instead of the gasket, we used silicone black gasket maker, which is working just fine.

• @manojvijayasegar9827
    @manojvijayasegar9827 2 месяца назад

wow .. the same pin broke in my tiger 900 gt... should I get it fixed under warranty? i don't have so much skills to get this fixed like this..

• @tinderboxarts
      @tinderboxarts  2 месяца назад +1

If the part you need is available then you don't need to go through what I did in the video, although it might be stronger than factory. If your bike is still under warranty, though, then Triumph should definitely handle this for you.

• @manojvijayasegar9827
      @manojvijayasegar9827 2 месяца назад

@@tinderboxarts ill keep you posted on how it goes ...thank you so much for your reply .