Adapting VINTAGE Lenses to my Fuji X-T3

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 фев 2021
  • Looking for a way to expand your lens kit but don't have the budget to buy all of the newest gear? I found a way to use my vintage Nikon lens on my Fuji X-T3.
    Follow me on Instagram: / imaaronross
    Follow me on Twitter: / imaaronross
    Fotasy Adapter: amzn.to/3q2szwW
    Many of the links are affiliate links. I will receive a small commission when you use these links to purchase items. Your support is greatly appreciated.
    Cameras:
    Fuji X-T3: amzn.to/3fjcEVS
    DJI Osmo Action: amzn.to/2Axz1Z0
    Nikon FM: www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...
    Lenses:
    Fuji 18-55mm: amzn.to/3d343VM
    Fuji 16mm: amzn.to/3hntDIt
    Fujifilm 23mm: amzn.to/3dcQDKC
    Fuji 35mm: amzn.to/2BWLllM
    Fuji 50-140mm: amzn.to/3hq7BEX
    Nikon 50mm F2: www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...
    Lighting & Audio:
    Godox V350: amzn.to/3cYeIRH
    Godox Xpro: amzn.to/3flhbHj
    Fovitec Light & Stand: amzn.to/2MSeLDW
    Zoom H1N: amzn.to/2YvHp3g

Комментарии • 25

• @acecreates
    @acecreates 3 года назад +2

Great video Aaron! I've recently bought a vintage 50mm for my x-t1. Loving the new challenges!

• @garybahnick2358
    @garybahnick2358 3 года назад +6

Love vintage lenses! I have 3 Fuji X bodies and 5 vintage lenses (including Fuji lenses as well) My vintage lenses are all M42 mounts, Helios 44-2 and some Super Takumars. All work well on my Fuji bodies with the appropriate dumb adapter. I spent about an average of $60 for each of my vintages lenses.

• @defrancasj
      @defrancasj 3 года назад

Wooww! That's amazing!

• @boahandarrowsproductions4326
    @boahandarrowsproductions4326 Год назад

Just the video I was searching for. I found this adapter and the K&K Concept and they seem to do the same thing. I have pre ai and G lenes I want to use but was having trouble confirming if I could use G lenses with this adapter.

• @etiennefabre6614
    @etiennefabre6614 8 месяцев назад

Hello! I have an XT-3 camera and I’m trying to adapt my 50mm f1.4 FD canon lens. If I buy that adaptor do you think it’ll work on my Fuji? What will change in terms of aperture or any other tools?

• @RobiDee
    @RobiDee Год назад

I have an old lens made by Hanimar ( 135mm f3.5 auto-telephoto lens) which Im struggling to find an adapter for to hook it up to my Fuji XT3. Does anyone know where the best place to look for this would be. Any help greatly appreciated.

• @igehring
    @igehring 2 года назад +1

Hello ! Im thinking about Rollei lenses (qbm mount) with this xt3 camera. Does it have a manual focus peaking help ? (It paints edges when focus is achieved). If it does, I will buy this camera

• @imaaronross
      @imaaronross  2 года назад

Yes it does. It has zebra lines that you can change the color of. That's how I usually use it when adapting non-X Mount lenses.

• @igehring
      @igehring 2 года назад

@@imaaronross thank you, Im now searching for a silver body. Take care my friend

• @spenceandretti5135
    @spenceandretti5135 3 года назад +2

So far I have three vintage lens. I have only gotten to shoot with one. Hoping to get some more time soon.

• @imaaronross
      @imaaronross  3 года назад +1

Nice! What do you have so far?

• @spenceandretti5135
      @spenceandretti5135 3 года назад

@@imaaronross I have a Kalimar 50mm 1.7, Kalimar 80-200mm 3.9, and bought a canon zoom that I haven’t used or tested. I know it had a variable aperture I believe I maybe 80-200 also, will have to find it and double check.

• @pierrezapata90
    @pierrezapata90 8 месяцев назад

Love your video. I know it’s an older one but I’m a Fuji user as well and make similar RUclips content. Subscribed to your channel after viewing this video!

• @mrblaxto
    @mrblaxto 2 года назад +1

So, essentially adapting a 50 millimeter lens makes it a 75 mm lens correct? So suited more for portrait over street photography because of the much less wide of an angle? Wonder what millimeter would make a decent street photography adapted lens, or isn't there one?

• @pieterdegelder6563
      @pieterdegelder6563 Год назад

Mostly 16mm (around 23/26mm full frame equivalent to 35mm (50mm full frame equivalent)
      lenses.

• @pieterdegelder6563
      @pieterdegelder6563 Год назад

Or you van buy a speed booster

• @vicpico1
    @vicpico1 Год назад

Hi! Just want to share my honest opinion on adapting vintage lenses on our Fuji X camera. From my experience , Vintage lenses are great for non moving subject and landscape. It takes longer time to focus, therefore you will miss, some great shoots. Therefore, use vintage manual lenses, where you have enough time to focus manually. Thanks for your sharing. Stay safe.

• @rawphtology3671
    @rawphtology3671 8 месяцев назад

Is that Nikon lens an Ai or Non-Ai version? Thanks

• @imaaronross
      @imaaronross  8 месяцев назад

That is the Non-AI verison

• @rawphtology3671
      @rawphtology3671 8 месяцев назад

Thanks , Aron! So, the fact is not an AI, it’s not important when mounted in a Fuji body, right? The Fuji still being capable of doing an Aperture Priority program when using this lens? Cheers

• @imaaronross
    @imaaronross  3 года назад +2

Do you have a favorite vintage lens?

• @garybahnick2358
      @garybahnick2358 3 года назад +1

My favorite is the Super Multi Coated TAKUMAR 50mm f/1.4.

• @defrancasj
      @defrancasj 3 года назад +1

Pretty new in photography. I have XT-4 with 35mm f2 lens. Thinking of buying vintage lens when I get a hold of the basics! What do you recommend? Thanks for this video! I'm one of your subs!

• @Decanx
    @Decanx 3 года назад +1

Cool channel! Here new friend!

• @cameraprepper7938
    @cameraprepper7938 2 года назад

For vintage Lenses remember that fx Nikon an Pentax focus "the wrong way", so if you use Lenses of different brands it can get frustrating to focus.