NEW TaylorMade P790 Irons Review!! (Is it as good as the NEW Titleist T200?!)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 17 окт 2024

Комментарии • 44

• @golfchvse
    @golfchvse 6 месяцев назад +3

got fitted, found t200 a bit less forgiving and didnt suit my game, went 2023 p790s. Loving them.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  6 месяцев назад +1

Love it! Thanks for watching and sharing 👍

• @Zack.G23
    @Zack.G23 Год назад +2

I got fitted today. Went in wanting the i230 or p790. I hit the i230, p790, zx5, jpx and t200. Titleist, mizuno and srixon felt the best to me but I went with the t200. Preferred look at address, srixon/mizuno a little thick on the top. Just immediately had a really good feel for the t200, kept switching back and fourth between the 3 and the winner was clear.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

Love it! Thank you for that feedback! Titleist always have that Classic & Clean look for sure! 🙌🏼

• @tigerlloyd2987
    @tigerlloyd2987 Год назад

So Trev is using the zx5 irons. Would you put the p790s in the bag over the zx5? What’s a better iron? Is the zx5 just as forgiving? Great video.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад +1

I love the ZX5 much better! I honestly don’t care for the 790, it just doesn’t give any feedback. Not sure how to explain it. But it is a touch more forgiving I would say.

• @68wolffden
    @68wolffden Год назад +1

Another great review and good information. Currently play 2021 P790's and was thinking about upgrading the new version but my iron play has gotten better and may go with the P770's but also looking into Titleist T150's. I think the new 790's look a tad better than the last version, I like the smaller simple line on the back of the head. I agree that the 790's do have a slight click sound, I have got use to it but would prefer a muted crack sound.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

I think you would be better off with both of those other 2 options. The 23’ upgrade is incremental

• @68wolffden
      @68wolffden Год назад

@@embersgolf Great thought on that. Thank you

• @Jprovan1
    @Jprovan1 2 месяца назад

Do you think the 790's are worth waiting on a new version or not. Im going to be in Colorado 8/31 and would love to get fitted

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  2 месяца назад

They won’t be out for over a year. The new ones we have were a big improvement so I think these ones are good

• @davebossung1825
    @davebossung1825 9 месяцев назад +1

The t200 is way stronger lofted than 790.. Through the set.. 790 short irons.. 9, p, a are pretty traditional lofts..

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  9 месяцев назад

Thank you for sharing, that is a solid point Dave

• @shaynumclaynum
    @shaynumclaynum 6 месяцев назад

Why do the T200’s have that cap on the back? It looks and feels a bit cheap vs the look of p790 / Miz 245 etc.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  6 месяцев назад

I am not sure exactly why it is on there. They call it a Back plate or a Muscle plate. I can see what you mean though for sure. Thanks for watching and sharing Shayn 👍

• @Gwillis7
    @Gwillis7 Год назад

Are y’all brothers?
    Also how would you compare the 790s to the PXG Xcor2’s?

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  11 месяцев назад

Yeah we are brothers.
      That is honestly a good comparison there. I think it is worth the upgrade to either the Gen 6 or 770's personally though. Just not as good of feel as the Gen 5 or Gen 6 or the 770's for the TM.
      Thanks for watching 🙌🏼

• @nicholasthorstensen6213
    @nicholasthorstensen6213 Год назад

Love the p790 wanted them when I got fit. Ended up getting the apex 21’s love em.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

Thank you for sharing, info like that is good to hear 👍

• @vinnym5095
    @vinnym5095 Год назад

My Friday is now complete since you uploaded a new video

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

Thank you for the support Vinny! We are glad we could send you into the weekend on this note 🎉

• @sevesellors2831
    @sevesellors2831 7 месяцев назад

Great review love all your videos will you test the most underrated brand in golf great clubs at great prices Wilson fabulous blades would love you to test Dynapwr and Dynapwr forged and see how they compare with the big boys. I think the forged with graphite shaft here in the UK are you£135 that’s $150 great value. Let’s play thru and other testers are raving about them but would love you guys giving the verdict I wait impatiently! Greetings from 🇬🇧so far in testing like the T350 I’m after forgiveness, feel and good looks. And sensible lofts particularly in the long irons as a 15 handicapper and a senior with ball speed 90 and swing speed 74 with my irons.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  7 месяцев назад +1

Thank you for watching and for the support. We are trying to work with Wilson now to get some product in to get some reviews going 🙌🏼 Stay tuned 👌

• @sevesellors2831
      @sevesellors2831 7 месяцев назад

@@embersgolf great news guys the new Ping G730 and I530 look awesome too!

• @robjung2018
    @robjung2018 Год назад

Been waiting on this. Considering ZX5, P790, or 317T for my next set.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

Nice! I hope this video helps. Let us know what you end up with 🙌🏼

• @robjung2018
      @robjung2018 Год назад

You guys didn't like the P790. But I just got a taylormade ace club bag tag. Hahahaha. I might have to stay loyal.

• @scottirwin5719
    @scottirwin5719 Год назад

I am getting confused by your brand models apples to apples comparisons. Maybe have a video where you have several brands and explain why the models are similar. Example is: Titleist T100 matches Taylor Made P7MB / Srixon forged / Mizuno 221 / etc.
    In this video I would have thought Titleist T350 / Taylor Made P790 / Srixon ZX4

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

That is great feedback. We will do our best to be better in that category. Thanks for watching 👍

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад +2

The titliest T350 is more game improvement. So more along the lines of stealth irons, cobra aerojet or ping g430 irons. So apples to apples is gonna be T200 is the closest to the 790

• @keviningram2742
    @keviningram2742 Год назад

I like the springy effect...

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад +1

Then infill would be perfect for you to try out 🙌

• @YKATO871
    @YKATO871 11 месяцев назад

Alot of people playing this iron dont care that its squishy or soft or where they strike it, if it goes straight, goes the distance, and feels good, then they’re money..

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  10 месяцев назад

That is a great point! Thanks for bringing out that perspective Rahomangu 🙌🏼

• @vincentfumo3557
    @vincentfumo3557 Год назад

I gave up on Taylormade a few years back. They have lots of tour players on payroll but for the everyday golfer I think there are far better options on the market.

• @ptrckkear1
    @ptrckkear1 Год назад

I prefer the T200's.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  Год назад

Not a bad choice. They work for a lot of people. A great addition to the Titleist line up for sure 👍

• @ethanaderemi
    @ethanaderemi 9 месяцев назад

...people that don't have time to put into their game should probably not be hitting 4 irons, they should be hitting hybrids. But even better players use them: John Daly currently has hybrids down to 25 degrees.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  9 месяцев назад

Not a bad point there. Thanks for sharing Ethan

• @CatNash007
    @CatNash007 5 месяцев назад

These are Players Distance irons.

• @embersgolf
      @embersgolf  5 месяцев назад

Thanks for watching

• @conradwales100
    @conradwales100 10 месяцев назад

T200’s are $$$$$$$$