3rd Rail PRR T1

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 2 мар 2019
  • Here are some clips of a 3rd Rail T1 cruising the layout with a mail/express train with a couple coaches tacked on. I have been meaning to film it for a while now. I bought it locally in almost mint condition probably 5 years ago now. I added ERRCo Cruise and used a Lionel 3 board RS setup using the old ca. 2000ish T1 sounds with questionable whistle and bell sounds. I then modified the tender for a Kadee coupler and did some medium strength weathering.
    The cars consist of a pair of Atlas O X29s, a Weaver B60 and an express version of their M53 in B&O/REA, an MTH R50, a GGD B70(ish) baggage and a couple GGD P70s.
  • РазвлеченияРазвлечения

Комментарии • 187

• @kekistanifreedomfighter4197
    @kekistanifreedomfighter4197 4 года назад +75

The detail of that T1 & whole layout is exquisite.

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  4 года назад +8

Kekistani Freedom Fighter thx man!

• @jrcrawford4
      @jrcrawford4 2 года назад +2

Love the roundhouse shots. All the ambience and detail. That last shot is a monster. 3 rail never looked so real!

• @Inadequate-Butters
      @Inadequate-Butters Год назад

"That's pretty memesquisite"

• @Sandsculptor
    @Sandsculptor 3 года назад +3

I'm 73 years young and I live in Harrisburg, PA. As a child, I can remember hearing many steam engines running thru town on the Pennsylvania line (Enola Yards) and the Reading Railroad line (Rutherford Yards) as well. In my childhood days, that was the time when steam engines were being switched for diesel. When I came home after the Vietnam War my first job was to be Manager of the Reading Railroad Employees Credit Union in Central PA. That was a great time, helping those guys with their savings and lending needs and listening to their railroad stories. Those were great days. I still live near the railroad and on rare occasions, a steam engine will pass thru the city and if I hear the engine, I make it a point to find a vantage point and watch the steam puff and the sound of the engine pass me bye once again...

• @rhino2960
    @rhino2960 5 лет назад +60

not sure why, but something about this loco makes it look like the perfect villain for a thriller movie XD

• @MTecs
      @MTecs 5 лет назад +1

crimsonwolf911 Wait for it doing the night train!

• @motormouth2472
      @motormouth2472 4 года назад +1

@Connor Lee or a diesel could be a villain too.

• @nickelplatenerd6989
      @nickelplatenerd6989 4 года назад +7

Since the streamlined shrouding is the shark-nosed shrouding, it could be a train JAWS.

• @OwlEye2010
      @OwlEye2010 4 года назад

Or, at least, the kind of train a villain would drive or ride.

• @OwlEye2010
      @OwlEye2010 4 года назад

@@wobblinwheel Man, I haven't seen that movie since it first came out in theaters.

• @jhbluestar
    @jhbluestar 2 года назад +1

wow talk about fantastic! All thats missing was the actual telephone wires and smoke from the trains! This is just incredible!

• @Starfield1959
    @Starfield1959 5 лет назад +11

I sit through every edited movement in these videos, and absolutely can't get enough of this Pennsylvania empire. I can only imagine what more could be in a room of 2000 sq. ft. with all this finery.

• @ferg1680
    @ferg1680 5 лет назад +43

My PA friend, your attention to detail is amazing! If it weren't for the little people not moving, you could drop this right in a movie set and it would sell itself.. Nice Work....just subscribed
    Cheers

• @thavvolf9157
      @thavvolf9157 4 года назад

Ferg a little CGI Weill take care of that

• @fredtedstedman
    @fredtedstedman 3 года назад +3

Love it , I can remember having a railway book with a painting of one of these , when I was a boy in 50's England . So impressive !

• @hootinouts
    @hootinouts 4 года назад +11

At first I was thinking that is some fine computer graphics with how detailed everything is but then it dawned on me that its a model railroad. The detail is impeccable such that's I feel like I could step inside this model world you created. Absolutely awesome.

• @southernpennsyrailfan8579
    @southernpennsyrailfan8579 2 года назад +2

Wow. It’s just like real life. I’m blown away by you skill of modeling.

• @davidng2336
    @davidng2336 5 лет назад +10

May this be a good teaser to the T1 Trust!

• @philipcasa7379
    @philipcasa7379 2 года назад +1

Exquisite is not the word it looks like real trains!

• @pauldelorean4339
    @pauldelorean4339 8 месяцев назад +1

This looks so good it's hard to tell its a layout. a lot of shots look like the real deal. Amazing!

• @bhomas_real
    @bhomas_real 5 лет назад +13

YESSS Just what I needed the T1 in a gorgeous layout

• @user-pk5ol9sq1y
    @user-pk5ol9sq1y 4 месяца назад +1

The t1's whistle is so cool i love it!

• @onionhat9141
    @onionhat9141 3 года назад +1

the model fits in so well with the model railway detail

• @nate7046
    @nate7046 2 года назад +7

Wow I can’t even begin to think how much time and money you’ve spent detailing this layout, but it definitely paid off, this has to be one of the most if not the most detailed layout I’ve seen.

• @brucegilbert7243
    @brucegilbert7243 3 года назад +2

I am just old enough to remember seeing old steam locomotives and graffiti free trains traveling across southeastern Pennsylvania in the late 1950's. Your attention to detail is amazing and this is how I remember the world at that time.

• @ernestimken5846
    @ernestimken5846 5 лет назад +4

The best O gauge RR I have seen.

• @stormovie9824
    @stormovie9824 2 года назад +3

That last shot of you chasing the t1 was spectacular! Very nice layout and locomotives, can't wait to see what is next.

• @timmoffat3182
    @timmoffat3182 2 года назад +1

Beautiful layout I like the video pacing the train

• @zepledfan413
    @zepledfan413 4 года назад +1

This is awesome!! You don't even notice it's three rail.

• @BollocksUtwat
    @BollocksUtwat 5 лет назад +1

How many of us can only dream of owning a model layout so beautiful and realistic you want to rail fan it yourself.

• @TruthBlitzMedia
    @TruthBlitzMedia 5 лет назад +8

Wow between the camera, the camera work and your layout details the realism is amazing!! Really nice work all around!

• @Rayo_Rob_No.17
    @Rayo_Rob_No.17 5 лет назад +1

Seen many layouts, many videos and many good details, but this... Wow! No words!
    The attention to detail, and the amount of period authentic surroundings! It's obvious this is a passion. The roundhouse shots... Gosh, that is fine work! I love all the aspects of that roundhouse! Really "sells it" and makes you feel like it's the real thing!
    That T1 sure creeps! Nice job on the weathering of it, it's so perfect! The landscape and all, it's just blue ribbon material!
    Keep it up, it's wonderful!

• @trackman174
    @trackman174 3 года назад +1

Many well earned comments on detail off this layout. I would like comment on the photography that is beyond professional. The many different angles give a true feel of ‘being there’. The lightning of the layout also adds a true note of realism. Well done sir, well done.

• @paulwalkowiak1182
    @paulwalkowiak1182 Год назад +1

I was never a fan of the T1and being a fan of steam and the Pennsylvania and NYC I think their steam power was the most and the best. Thanks Norm ❤️

• @timothymclaughlin6860
    @timothymclaughlin6860 3 года назад +1

Amazing work ! Love the shots inside the engine shed and machine shop. Love the camera work too. Just incredible level of detail . Very inspiring. Thanks for what you do .

• @chessiesystem613
    @chessiesystem613 5 лет назад +8

Your layout is BEAUTIFUL! The weathering on everything is the best and most realistic I’ve ever seen! Amazing job!

• @sydspoak6754
    @sydspoak6754 5 лет назад +1

Ah, the PRR T1, my mostest favoritest steam loco of all time. Kudos to you on this piece, and all of the scenery work... I hardly noticed the 3rd rail in any of these shots. The views from inside the buildings makes you feel as if you are truly there, and the moving shot along side the motoring T1 towards the end was especially special! GREAT JOB !!

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  5 лет назад

Thx man. I have been using my iPhone for the pacing shots but want to get a GoPro soon. Those shots are pretty fun to make.

• @calebjackson6082
    @calebjackson6082 5 лет назад +5

I really like all the new camera angles. Great video!

• @jtq69
    @jtq69 2 года назад +1

That locomotive was the most beautiful ever made by PRR.

• @thefitchemist2123
    @thefitchemist2123 4 года назад +1

If nothing else I love the camera work in this vid! Those shots in and from the roundhouse are gorgeous. The magnificence of the layout adds to it all. Feels like a real documentary.

• @gmaddocks
    @gmaddocks 3 года назад +1

This by far is the most realistic layout I have ever seen; your attention to detail is incredible!

• @prowordsmith
    @prowordsmith 5 лет назад +1

Excellent modeling! Terrific scenery and structures. Masterful weathering!

• @MATROCKETTGAMING
    @MATROCKETTGAMING 3 года назад +1

very well done scenery. Love it.Top.

• @paolomargini7904
    @paolomargini7904 3 года назад +1

What a perfect display!
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

• @isleman9473
    @isleman9473 3 года назад +1

Absolutely incredible!

• @trackman174
    @trackman174 4 года назад

Amazing photography along with one of the best model railroads I've ever seen. Beautiful job!

• @bigsparky65
    @bigsparky65 2 года назад +1

Excellent workmanship, the sound of the T1 is excellent. The details on your layout are fantastic

• @Lakeside1943
    @Lakeside1943 5 лет назад

Amazing modeling ! Everything just perfect. Details galore. A professional video too !! Awesome !

• @angelgabriella7974
    @angelgabriella7974 5 лет назад +1

Truley important artists have a single name synonymous with there art and every one knows who they are, Elvis,Cher, Bono, and NORM!!. Beautiful work, you are a true master at your craft.

• @motormouth2472
    @motormouth2472 4 года назад

Beautiful. Just perfect. Awesome job!

• @Jasonstreamline
    @Jasonstreamline 3 года назад +1

Absolutely Amazing layout and attention to detail! 👍🏻👍🏻

• @nikospapageorgiou57
    @nikospapageorgiou57 6 месяцев назад +1

Absolutely amazing video!

• @tomsmaerklintrainlayout6742
    @tomsmaerklintrainlayout6742 2 года назад +1

Absolutely stunning !!!

• @CalebsTrains
    @CalebsTrains 5 лет назад

Amazing as always. We enjoy watching your videos. Thank you for sharing.

• @joehall7869
    @joehall7869 5 лет назад

I don’t think I have ever seen any video with this quality before. Pure genius and talent

• @Beatlefan67
    @Beatlefan67 5 лет назад

Looks fantastic with brilliant weathering!

• @Jax411
    @Jax411 Год назад +1

Yikes, I can’t imagine that layout costs less then 100,000 dollars. I also respect people who this much time and effort into this.

• @Kratosgodofwarghostofsparta
    @Kratosgodofwarghostofsparta 11 месяцев назад +1

I wish I had set likes yours it’s cool

• @oL5re9re55ion
    @oL5re9re55ion 4 года назад

Hands down the best model RR video I've ever seen

• @laurieharper1526
    @laurieharper1526 5 лет назад +1

Fine layout and your weathering work on the buildings and stock is particularly good.

• @marshallgreen7815
    @marshallgreen7815 3 года назад

I like how clean everything is.

• @jeffw.1854
    @jeffw.1854 4 года назад

Really great modeling, something to be proud of.

• @ajmayowskijr
    @ajmayowskijr 5 лет назад +1

I love your modeling skills Norm. Nice jobol on the engine and really just everything.

• @tfgsteve
    @tfgsteve 4 года назад

You have to be, "one" of the best in the world from these shots. "Congratulations" Fantastic.

• @isaigalileoorozcoacosta7502
    @isaigalileoorozcoacosta7502 3 года назад +1

For a moment i thought it was real footage, the layout looks so realistic! good job.

• @danielboone3770
    @danielboone3770 Год назад +1

I love this T1 model!

• @benrumson1063
    @benrumson1063 5 лет назад +1

Pretty good actually, was quite impressed with the realism. I understand the time/effort put into the detailing.

• @davidkoehler136
    @davidkoehler136 2 года назад

that engine house is amazing

• @spadesofpaintstudios1719
    @spadesofpaintstudios1719 4 года назад

Another good video this is personally one of my favorite steam engines to date it’s just so different

• @jaimefernandez6117
    @jaimefernandez6117 4 года назад +1

Just superb.

• @frankmmiii
    @frankmmiii 3 года назад +1

That was beautiful! Did you ever think of going to hollywood? That weathering was on point and your layout with all that attention to detail.........NNNiiiiiccccceeee!

• @tedmax75
    @tedmax75 5 лет назад

The best realism. Hands down.

• @speedy5152
    @speedy5152 4 года назад +1

I can’t even describe how good this layout is, everything looks so real! I mean, take the T1 for instance, I couldn’t tell if it was real or not in the thumbnail! That J1 is spot on too mate.

• @evanschwartz3030
    @evanschwartz3030 3 года назад +1

The best - period! You sir have a very good 'eye' when it comes to modeling. Thought the 3rd rail would annoy me but to my complete surprise it doesn't seem to bother me at all. Your attention to the smallest details is amazing and the overall lighting of the layout is very skillful.

• @Running-with-skizers
    @Running-with-skizers 2 года назад

Love the flyby at the end

• @centeroftheearthmining4095
    @centeroftheearthmining4095 3 года назад +1

How!!!!!!! My god your modeling is amazing!!!!

• @TheOnlyTYRE
    @TheOnlyTYRE 5 лет назад +16

Yes I've been waiting for this. Thank you, do the S1 next.

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  5 лет назад +1

The Young Rail Enthusiast I don’t have one yet!

• @TheOnlyTYRE
      @TheOnlyTYRE 5 лет назад +1

@@normstrains do you plan on getting one. I'm not gonna force you.

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  5 лет назад +3

I may need to upgrade my curves, the S1 is one long beast-o. There's a de-streamlined one on ebay right now.

• @TheOnlyTYRE
      @TheOnlyTYRE 5 лет назад +3

@@normstrains ah yeah, I see. No wonder it was named simply "The Big Engine". Are you considering the option though.

• @Terminatorfan1984REAL
      @Terminatorfan1984REAL 4 года назад

@@normstrains I did not know that Lionel made a T1 I can't afford one but I can build my own T1 (problem is somebody might get hurt and I'm not good with wiring so I will use a Flashlight for the light and That means I will make the wheels with my grandfather or by myself

• @JungleYT
    @JungleYT 3 года назад +1

Beautiful work... Nice knowing a real T1 is now under construction from the ground up! Show this video to their Trust?

• @Willysmb44
    @Willysmb44 5 лет назад +1

Almost as good as film of the real thing. Your modeling work is nothing short of incredible!

• @chrissinatra1217
    @chrissinatra1217 5 лет назад

Very beautiful

• @matthewpastrikos7383
    @matthewpastrikos7383 2 года назад +1

The T1 trust is bringing the PRR T1 back from extinction. Isn't that exciting?

• @Crookedriverandeasternrr
    @Crookedriverandeasternrr 5 лет назад

Spectacular!!😃 I liked and subbed to your channel

• @Porschedude8
    @Porschedude8 5 лет назад +1

Excellent!

• @enterprisevi4440
    @enterprisevi4440 2 года назад +1

T1 is the big alice design
    S1 is the snowpiercer design
    On the series

• @charlesbochar8681
    @charlesbochar8681 5 лет назад

Epic layout. This is the premier o scale layout.

• @Frob25
    @Frob25 5 лет назад +1

It neat how it is modeled like a T1 late in it's life, with alot of the cowling removed.

• @normstrains

Ontario Oliver TV I like this version the best. I did not make it as dirty as they got in real life though!

• @t44s
    @t44s 5 лет назад

very realistic! cool!

• @sepper707
    @sepper707 5 лет назад

AWESOME!

• @SidsTrains
    @SidsTrains 5 лет назад +1

Nice Video

• @chatanugadotorg
    @chatanugadotorg 5 лет назад

Awesome!

• @pilierofq
    @pilierofq 3 года назад +1

So real!!!!!

• @TheTalemaster
    @TheTalemaster 4 года назад

If there ever was a horror train, this would be the locomotive for it.

• @chosentobedifferent6242
    @chosentobedifferent6242 2 года назад +1

This locomotive looks like the batmobile in the form of a steam engine!!

• @rayvenkman2087
    @rayvenkman2087 5 лет назад +1

Ever thought of doing a series out of this? The layout looks amazing.

• @Emcamden
    @Emcamden 5 лет назад

Dude that shit is wired tight the level of detail is off the hook it almost looks too real really top shelf

• @normstrains

Rob Duquette thx bro, you should stop over sometime and have a beer or two

• @carterstarlight4290
    @carterstarlight4290 5 лет назад

Please consider getting the PRR S1 Duplex. That would be so cool to see it run along side the T1 and S2 Steam Turbine you have

• @Circle912
    @Circle912 2 года назад

Super star of pennsylvainia

• @agankachu09
    @agankachu09 2 года назад +2

Would you be able to tell me what make is the Pennsylvania T1 Duplex? I'd love to buy one.

• @miloa5833
    @miloa5833 3 года назад +1

Aye man you ever think of doing a video on how you weather your locomotives, or atleast your thought process, because man I love your attention to detail.

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  3 года назад +1

I just acquired a long sought after 3rd Rail M1b and was thinking about making a vid or two on how I set up a steam engine for my layout. Might be a few days before I can get to it though.

• @miloa5833
      @miloa5833 3 года назад +1

@@normstrains that’d be awesome! Your clearly a very talented man!

• @Jabond07
    @Jabond07 Год назад +1

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• @trainfan-ks5hk
    @trainfan-ks5hk 5 лет назад +1

Not sure if anyone has asked you this before but do you have models of other railroads?
    Today viewers we will be watching one of the Pennsylvania’s Express locomotives going for a run, a special type at that a PRR T1 and today we see her being prepared for the long run In the round house getting her bearings greased for the long trip. We see as she backs off the turntable onto a mixed fast freight and passenger service all the way to Virginia where she will spend the night for her return trip

• @tony8074
    @tony8074 2 года назад +1

You really need some streamlined passenger cars to go with that engine. The 1938 version of the Broadway Limited. Just and idea.

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  2 года назад +1

3rd Rail/GGD is doing the 1948 Broadway Limited. It’s a bit tempting, but it’s 2400 bucks for the 8 car set!

• @tony8074
      @tony8074 2 года назад +1

@@normstrains Here’s an interesting tip bit about the Broadway Limited, the Penney had one car in the consist that was a budd stainless steel car, it was for the California Zephyr and was roadnamed as such. It was called Silver Rapids and had PRR markings. It would travel from New York to Chicago on The Broadway LTd and from Chicago to Oakland on the California Zephyr.

• @clarkcone8545
    @clarkcone8545 5 лет назад +1

only thing missing is scale smoke...as close to realistic as we can get, I think...nice vid!

• @normstrains

Thx man. This had those miserable Seuthe poppers in it when it was new. I won't run smoke on this one though, the mess it makes after awhile is like hosing your engine with WD40.

• @DistanceNsVeterans
    @DistanceNsVeterans 3 года назад

To me it feels like for some of the biG PRR locomotives they have big tender

• @larrydeabler1242
    @larrydeabler1242 5 лет назад

Norm: When I look at your modeling results, the only name that comes to mind is John Allen...!

• @James-Railyard
    @James-Railyard 5 лет назад +1

I just have to know, what is the size of your layout? It looks beautiful and I hope to have the amount of detail in my layout when I build it.

• @astrovettealf9876
    @astrovettealf9876 Год назад +1

I had a 3rd Rail T-1 Duplex modified years ago by a place in Ohio that closed shop. I also had a Lionel T-1 Lionmaster from 2000 that we removed the sound board from and installed it and command control into the 3rd Rail. The whistle always seemed a bit funky, kind of like an early diesel horn. Not sure if it should be more of a quilling whistle instead. The original 3rd Rail had QSI but I wanted to convert to Lionel command control. It sounds cool but how should it sound?

• @normstrains
      @normstrains  Год назад

I used the Lionmaster T1 sounds when I had this engine in for a refresh not too long ago: ruclips.net/video/mhLt3zTIUig/видео.html

• @robertsouthrey3480
    @robertsouthrey3480 4 года назад

my friend i don't know where you but if have an open house it would be worth the trip just amazing