Intense Light | Landscape Photography w/ Fuji X-T3

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 18 окт 2024

Комментарии • 352

• @bhikhta
    @bhikhta 4 года назад +5

One more thing that I forgot to add: Your photographs have got huge a calming vibe to them.
    If I'm watching your videos with a cluttered headspace while watching your video then there are 90% chances that as soon as your image pops up it kind of makes my head calm.
    I get this feeling when I meditate.

• @SiddharthSingh-ir4oc
    @SiddharthSingh-ir4oc 4 года назад

Coming back to your videos after almost a month. It's so refreshing

• @tmbacz
    @tmbacz 4 года назад +1

I like these types of videos. I find it informative to see the process that more experienced photographers go through.

• @paultaylorphotography9499
    @paultaylorphotography9499 4 года назад +1

12 minute window of gorgeous light and the rest of a dull day to sit back relax knowing you've done the business. Great video and images as per usual.

• @JimStein
    @JimStein 4 года назад

Thank you, Thomas. I always look forward to your videos. Very needed, especially now.

• @lensman5762
    @lensman5762 4 года назад

Nothing like dawn photography to awaken your senses. Very good images. It is also worthwhile exploring low camera angles on the pools.

• @kevinburke6446
    @kevinburke6446 3 года назад

Fun video to see your excitment. That is why photography is a passion and not just a job. Safe trip, wherever you travel.

• @J4Photo
    @J4Photo 4 года назад

First two shots were so good, but they took a minute. So many near horizontal lines, none of which appear to be level which made my brain have to look and calibrate and look again. The reality is that the horizon is level just not the silhouetted land mass on it. After several moments all the chaos went away like when your eyes adjust to one of those crazy depth pictures. Brilliant job, sir.

• @sudipray5630
    @sudipray5630 4 года назад +1

Great video as always! The simplicity of your images is truly inspiring.

• @hkanderful
    @hkanderful 4 года назад

Welcome back out with your inspirational videos. They are great inspiration to me. Keep up the good work young man!

• @albertotafuro8730
    @albertotafuro8730 4 года назад

...as always Thomas, a fantastic video! Thanks

• @robertstephens1868
    @robertstephens1868 4 года назад +1

Congratulations, Mads, you have put so much effort & talent in this video. It was quite an experience viewing it.

• @DSGN73
    @DSGN73 4 года назад

OMG! Dear Mr. Heaton you are really a inspiration!

• @ashrafazlan89
    @ashrafazlan89 4 года назад +13

Loving these 4K uploads. Even if you shoot in 1080p, uploading in 4K just forces youtube to use better encoding. No more compression artifacts.

• @MarkMcNeill22
    @MarkMcNeill22 4 года назад

another wonderful video tom enjoyed this pre sunset nerves

• @heatherhaigh
    @heatherhaigh 4 года назад

Brilliantly spotted composition.

• @ff4327
    @ff4327 3 года назад

Awesome, love your style and the info is just so easy to follow. keep it up, ed.

• @briandavis1759
    @briandavis1759 4 года назад

Really liked that last shot with the wind turbine, that light was just superb.

• @cgriggsiv
    @cgriggsiv 4 года назад

As always Thomas excellent video

• @judedizon8666
    @judedizon8666 4 года назад

Twas good to see you do the dance when the light changed!

• @cgriggsiv
    @cgriggsiv 4 года назад

Look at all that wonderful beauty around you

• @juanpatricio9204
    @juanpatricio9204 4 года назад

My copy of your book arrived yesterday, looking forward to enjoying it this weekend! Thanks Thomas!

• @mikewinburn
    @mikewinburn 4 года назад

very thrilling journey, TH! Loved the results.

• @AngelaLedyard
    @AngelaLedyard 4 года назад

Always enjoy your videos. No need to apologize for running around snapping pics. You’re not alone. Catch it while you can! 😃

• @Pietrach81
    @Pietrach81 4 года назад

Thomas I love your unplanned videos. A bit like back in the days when you were starting out - missing these times. Fan forever.

• @MsDonnamurray
    @MsDonnamurray 4 года назад

OMG. my autographed book arrived today. It is truly amazing!! Thank you sooooo very much Thomas, really looking forward to finally reading and admiring your photography.

• @susanfirth2279
    @susanfirth2279 4 года назад

Oh the suspense.....can't wait to see where you go. Hope it all goes to plan. Loved the 2nd image...what a glorious sunrise. Happy travels.

• @SimonPhillipsPhoto
    @SimonPhillipsPhoto 4 года назад +1

I bet the new video camera is a R6 or something like that as the auto focus was really good.

• @LukeOrwin
    @LukeOrwin 4 года назад +1

Great video Tom. Have a great time in............. Look forward to the video. The book is AMAZING< BEAUTIFUL.

• @chiranjibghorai6950
    @chiranjibghorai6950 4 года назад +32

This is very relatable 😂. Running around trying the perfect composition, while scared of losing the light!

• @addsy6396
      @addsy6396 4 года назад +2

Chiranjib Ghorai yep, been there, done that! 🙄

• @TravelingPhotographer
      @TravelingPhotographer 4 года назад +2

Agreed

• @definitemylife
      @definitemylife 4 года назад +1

I still remember that emotion when I was still shooting landscape. Now I shoot street photography with light and shadow in the regular basis, which somehow able to shoot at any time.

• @normiron736
      @normiron736 4 года назад

Yes, trying to get a shot abd some bloke walking his dog early distracting you, happened to me loads lol

• @thanko1
    @thanko1 4 года назад

Three very nice images. I liked the middle one at sunrise best.

• @LandscapeFotografi
    @LandscapeFotografi 4 года назад +1

nice bro,, beautiful shot 😍😍😍

• @alexgimagery
    @alexgimagery 4 года назад

Man, your jacket with its folds and the sand ripples and the light, that would make an awesome picture.

• @paulfriedman
    @paulfriedman 4 года назад

Received the book! I love it bud!! great video, glad to see you up and out at dawn again.

• @gregroberts7053
    @gregroberts7053 4 года назад

I ordered your book on a Thursday and it was delivered to my doorstep in Texas the following Monday, outstanding and I didn’t even order rush delivery. It’s a beautiful book and I’m looking forward to hours of inspired enjoyment. Can’t wait for your next photographic adventure. Thanks Thomas!

• @seantomlinson3320
    @seantomlinson3320 4 года назад

Ordered the book finally. I'm looking forward to it. Good to see you out frantic like I always am when the light is good!

• @mawavoy
    @mawavoy 4 года назад

The first two images are gorgeous. So is the third.

• @wallybeep
    @wallybeep 4 года назад

Great 1, 2 Diptych. Lovely.

• @margaretstapper6907
    @margaretstapper6907 4 года назад

My book arrived this week Thomas. I am in Canberra Australia so it had a bit of a journey. It is really something special to see the images printed. I have enjoyed watching you choose your compositions and then show the edited image but now to see a print version takes my enjoyment to a whole new level. Thank you for sharing your talents. It will be inspirational!

• @briankinson2633
    @briankinson2633 4 года назад

As always a beautifully shot video Thomas and great memories as I grew up in Newbiggin (where the church is) before moving to Australia.

• @bhikhta
    @bhikhta 4 года назад

Had this been a beach somewhere in India it'd be packed with thousand and thousands of people.
    And here you are standing all alone and enjoying your shoot.
    Man! I envy your Mr. Heaton ♥️

• @yosefco
    @yosefco 4 года назад

absolutly stunning, Thomas.

• @jeffxgoodman67
    @jeffxgoodman67 4 года назад

I was thrilled to get your book in the mail. You have every reason to be proud of it, and I'm going to keep it out in the living area where it belongs instead of on the shelf. I immediately thumbed through, looking for the photographs whose prints I own, and I enjoyed reading about each of them. It was then I realized how much great content was there and how much work had been put into it. It really is an amazing book, and I'm so thankful you put it together.

• @Matsbh89
    @Matsbh89 4 года назад

Inspiring video mate! Fuji system looking sharp in this situation.

• @ThyWorshipMetal
    @ThyWorshipMetal 4 года назад

I do have to say the vlog looked brilliant!

• @AndrewRobins
    @AndrewRobins 4 года назад

Great video Thomas! Also, your book arrived today and it looks fantastic. Very happy I preordered and pleasantly surprised at the speed of shipping to Australia even during this pandemic. Thanks!

• @Wandy1D
    @Wandy1D 4 года назад

Good to see you back on track, Thomas!

• @valpayne2963
    @valpayne2963 4 года назад

Ah, fabulous video, love it when you are out and about. Superb images, shape, colour and texture, like the info in text form. Have your book and extremely impressed, love the stories, so well thought out, thoroughly recommend.

• @jimogjimog
    @jimogjimog 4 года назад

the picture with the buildings looks like ad Edward Hopper painting. Beautiful.

• @sayuj100
    @sayuj100 4 года назад +1

Xt4 for sure

• @scotty4418
    @scotty4418 4 года назад +9

Can't wait to be back on the east coast for sunrise especially when you see images such as these to remind me of what I'm missing. Hope the trip goes ahead Thomas and I will hazard a guess you have bought the XT-4 for your video pieces

• @Plipmann
    @Plipmann 4 года назад

Lovely composition, great light love them

• @davon8561
    @davon8561 4 года назад

You made the effort Thomas , you got the shot . Great how you make an image on what would seem an empty beach . Thanks

• @davidedwards1411
    @davidedwards1411 4 года назад

Looking forward to your next adventure. My pre- ordered book arrived here in Brisbane. Absolutely loving it. Thanks Thomas.

• @gotzhannemann7982
    @gotzhannemann7982 4 года назад

Thanks for the video, Thomas. It's always a pleasure watching them. I presume you were filming it with the new Fujifilm x-t4. :-)

• @kirpetrenko
    @kirpetrenko 4 года назад

I went inside this video and felt the wind. This is amazing

• @SinhaMayank
    @SinhaMayank 4 года назад

Peoples who own volvo are the best❤️❤️

• @Lostsage01
    @Lostsage01 4 года назад

Beautiful morning - and such a great relaxing video. Always love this style and mood in your photography
    P.S. I think that seagull got a fish! 11:37

• @naturesedgephotography1478
    @naturesedgephotography1478 4 года назад

Great video as always, great light makes for manic photographers, lol, But that's the thrill of the chase I suppose.

• @hanklevesque426
    @hanklevesque426 4 года назад

Just thanks! Your videos are always uplifting, but this one means so much more now that the Uk is opening up a bit. Here in the USA - well, we’re in the thick of it with more hard times coming and seemingly no one in charge.

• @AdventureswithJerrod
    @AdventureswithJerrod 4 года назад

You definitely raised my expectations! I can't wait!

• @samarth9341
    @samarth9341 4 года назад

I watch tons of photography contents on RUclips. You have the best content overall its not about the best image or how you shoot technically. You always take time explain and take through your journey of the shoot. After watching almost all you videos one thing I realized that I know you in as a person. This thing I realized when I was watching one the video from Nick and Gavin. They were having conversation in the car when you guys were at the Alpines. You guys are an inspiration Especially you Thomas. Stay safe and take care!

• @robertjank6973
    @robertjank6973 4 года назад

Great pictures Thomas! Wunderful sunrise. And your book is awesome! Gorgeous photos and superb stories...thank you!

• @meshisha77
    @meshisha77 4 года назад

Yesss the panic! I thought it’s only because I’m a beginner. I mean it’s frantic lol

• @jer3006
    @jer3006 4 года назад +7

Definitely agree with you: That rippling sand is so eye-catching in the foreground that it hardly matters what is in the background under that beautiful light! Good keepers! Worth a 4:30 am drive, right? 😁 ⭐*5

• @ASouthernLadyinAppalachia
      @ASouthernLadyinAppalachia 4 года назад

That's what I was thinking when he was shooting the second one. "The sand, the sand!!"

• @LeePelling
    @LeePelling 4 года назад

I took your advise from last week about not planning , I got out but things didn't go as I hoped, but it got me out at least which is what I needed !

• @tonymckeage1028
    @tonymckeage1028 4 года назад

Great Vlog, even better light. Great coffession about dealing with the stress of the short light time frame

• @robcarr1899
    @robcarr1899 4 года назад

That place is Gorgeous.
    I wish i lived near a beach.
    Can't wait to get back to wales for my 4 day break.

•  4 года назад

I bet the new videocamera is Fuji XT-4. Nice vid btw. I can't wait for the next weeks one!

• @erikyoung2193
    @erikyoung2193 4 года назад

That drone was hauling ass! Thanks for the motivation to get up early again

• @CraigMagina
    @CraigMagina 4 года назад

My pre-order book just arrived. Can’t wait to check it out. It arrived without issue, thank you.

• @johnfynphotography7928
    @johnfynphotography7928 4 года назад +22

Very inspirational Thomas, as usual. I often wonder, you make epic shots whilst still filming A/B-roll. How many shots have you missed because your priorities seem to sometimes lie with the video production?

• @ThomasHeatonPhoto
      @ThomasHeatonPhoto  4 года назад +15

Loads 🙂

• @jbairdexp
      @jbairdexp 4 года назад +2

@@ThomasHeatonPhoto You and every other landscape photographer on RUclips (myself included)!

• @benjaminhoeft908
      @benjaminhoeft908 4 года назад +3

@@ThomasHeatonPhoto we appreciate the sacrifice for awesome video content! 😄

• @cerealkiller4248
      @cerealkiller4248 4 года назад

I appreciate the effort you put into these 👍

• @travelingtricia
    @travelingtricia 4 года назад

Received my book in the mail today! Thank you for a superb product; such beauty!

• @zsigmondfoldessy8785
    @zsigmondfoldessy8785 3 года назад

Hi Tom! You are driving on the wrong side! Frightening! :-)))

• @samirzarrouk
    @samirzarrouk 4 года назад

That rippley sand pattern looks amazing would have loved to see a low close-up angle shot, great video. enjoy your trip.

• @cotswolddroner7714
    @cotswolddroner7714 4 года назад

Mine is Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. You would crack up at the people standing out there in the dark waiting on a perfect sunrise, which occasionally transpire. I get it though. Great video as usual!

• @laurelb8372
    @laurelb8372 4 года назад

Gorgeous images in great light. I just bought your Landscape Photography On Location from Amazon and it was great, could hear your voice as I read the stories of the images. Can’t wait till we get out of lockdown in Aust and get out to photograph.

• @robertwhitemoto
    @robertwhitemoto 4 года назад

man, getting out sounds so good! Great shots Tom. Love your book, especially page 35, my fave.

• @alejandropmorcate
    @alejandropmorcate 4 года назад

Truly inspirational. We tend to be so complicated when planning photography outings. Ordered the book, by the way. Can't wait!

• @bendroege
    @bendroege 4 года назад

The XT-3 looks like such a great camera. Can't decide between it and the Xpro-3, but this video may have convinced me. Looks like such a beautiful location too. Great video Thomas!

• @normanchristie4524
      @normanchristie4524 4 года назад

If you are an slr person go for the XT-3. I had the X-Pro 2, nice camera but in my opinion not for landscape and serious work.

• @cmichaelhaugh8517
    @cmichaelhaugh8517 4 года назад

OK, you got me hooked. Can’t wait to see where you’re going!

• @allanmarshall4582
    @allanmarshall4582 4 года назад

Interested in a Canon R5 or R6. Nice video and images. A nice empty beach for you too.

• @KoreyHart
    @KoreyHart 4 года назад +20

Oooo next week sounds exciting can’t wait, and hope it doesn’t get cancelled! Also great video and images!

• @chriss2761
    @chriss2761 4 года назад

Beautiful video Tom, You got a nice window of light with 3 beautiful images can’t wait to get out for a sunrise 👍 Enjoy your trip next week, My pre ordered book arrived yesterday outstanding work Tom 🙏👌👍

• @antont7357
    @antont7357 4 года назад

Haven't seen you in the van lately either, no road trips? Great vid! Hope your trip is successful !

• @pault1753
    @pault1753 4 года назад

Just wanted to say thanks for the book, especially the speedy service ! I ordered it at 18:01 on Weds and it just arrived, 36 hours later ! Looking forward to reading it this evening.

• @copybaste2637
    @copybaste2637 4 года назад

Hey Thomas! Just received your book, 1 hour ago, and it’s spectacular! Exceeded my expectations, and made me really jealous to be honest! I have so much respect for people like you that follow their calling, I’m in awe. Thank you for sharing this with us and inspiring me to follow my dreams. Glad to see that Canada is represented in the book! Well done! Stay safe!

• @jamesss1953
    @jamesss1953 Год назад

I've just added a Fujifilm X-T5 to compliment my Nikon Z7 II and bumped into your video which I've not watched before. Very interested in the 50-200 Lens. It seems to be quite a 'sharp' lens? As ever enjoyed your video.
    Just watched a more recent video where you have the Nikon Z7 ~ good call.

• @utama
    @utama 4 года назад

Nice video.. it's true for sunrise/sunset hunter, we will be like headless chicken just to rush for narrow window of perfect lighting ... thanks for sharing.

• @AdamMatthewsPhotography
    @AdamMatthewsPhotography 4 года назад

So stoked the book is back in stock...just placed the order before doing anything else!!
    It's funny how quickly we can fall out of practice with things that used to feel totally routine. Definitely feel you on that. Hope you find the groove again easily!

• @alistaircassidy
    @alistaircassidy 4 года назад

I’m loving the book. The images and accompanying stories are great and it is so beautifully put together. Congratulations!

• @chrisroot7182
    @chrisroot7182 4 года назад

My book arrived today in Canada! Looks great!

• @PMCN53
    @PMCN53 4 года назад

It's always a good way to start my Thursday morning watching TH...looking forward to getting your book (Sydney - Australia) & what you're doing next week. Cheers

• @devonbeckett2496
    @devonbeckett2496 4 года назад +1

Photography isnt about the composition its about the story and the experience you see and. Share and thats the gift of photography

• @mrsusan893
      @mrsusan893 4 года назад

The story and experience are very important bit even more important is the composition.

• @brianbrooking496
    @brianbrooking496 4 года назад

Good to see ya TH, another good open and relaxing video, I have not seen all the F4 trip yet, but looks like a hoot. My book arrived, but sadly I am in Norway for a few weeks more... Keep up the videos and thanks for some inspiration at a time when we all lost our mojo.... easy to sit on your ass and do nothing... up and at em Tommy boy

• @davidsuggitt9109
    @davidsuggitt9109 4 года назад

Great video and inspirational to see you out in your natural habitat again.........for the buttery smooth video been treating yourself to an R5 / or R6 ????

• @JulioCesarEirasMelanda
    @JulioCesarEirasMelanda 4 года назад

Hey Thomas! If you ever come to Denmark I'd be glar to show you some pretty nice spots to photograph!

• @derekwillson2538
    @derekwillson2538 4 года назад

Great video, similar to some of your early ones, and they drew in thousands of followers! Superb images, fingers crossed for your trip, also thanks for my copy of your book its Awesome! Del

• @andrewherbert9938
    @andrewherbert9938 4 года назад

Got my book this week thank you Tom , cracking images , lovely quality

• @samdensleyphotography
    @samdensleyphotography 4 года назад +2

I think I'm due for a good sunrise shoot! Thanks for the inspiration. Also, not really a gear question, but do you animate your own titles, or they presets?? Definitely have been liking the little details you are putting into your videos these days! Thanks Tom!