Best Fujifilm 35mm For Travel: Fujifilm 35mm F2 WR Review On X-T5

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 авг 2024
  • Welcome to my RUclips channel! In today's video, I'll be reviewing the Fujifilm 35mm f2 XF WR lens on the powerful X-T5 camera with its demanding 40 megapixel sensor. Join me as we explore its features, performance, and image quality. Let's dive in!
    Gear I use, US links:
    - Fujifilm 35mm f2: amzn.to/3pvUoU6
    - Fujifilm X-H2S: amzn.to/3rMFkif
    - Fujifilm 35mm f1.4: amzn.to/3UhcF0z
    - Fujifilm X-T5 US link: amzn.to/3GEip1a
    - Fujifilm X-T5 UK link: amzn.to/3AzzYvC
    - Tamron 17-70mm f2.8: amzn.to/3TSPOrY
    - 7Artinsans 25mm T1.05 amzn.to/3CrGogt
    - Fujifilm X-H2S: amzn.to/3rMFkif
    - SmallRig RC220b: amzn.to/3dOmsMJ
    - The best value for money camera in 2022: amzn.to/30rHNS2
    - Fujifilm 16mm F/1.4 WR: Gear I use, US links:
    - Samyang 12mm F2 AF Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31Yezyi
    - Nikon 24-70 F4 S (600$): amzn.to/3DwdwCk
    - Nikon Z7 II: amzn.to/31FimzU
    - Nikon Z7 II + 24-70 F4 S: amzn.to/3rP39HE
    - Fujifilm X-T4: amzn.to/32fPps7
    - Fujifilm 18-55 OIS F2.8-4: amzn.to/2ZoP0lv
    - K&F Lens Adapter Ring Nikon G to Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31luN0E
    - Zhiyun Weebil S: amzn.to/2ZneT59
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 58mm: amzn.to/32fXDR7
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 82mm: amzn.to/3igRbir
    - Backpack Lowepro Pro Tactic 350 AW: amzn.to/35p6jqe
    - Backpack Lowepro Whistler Backpack 450 AW II: amzn.to/3ij8aQT
    - Cards, Sandisk extreme pro: amzn.to/3mmTZwD
    As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. The links above are affiliate links and if you decide to buy the gear through them I earn a small commission. It costs you nothing but helps me to make more videos for you to enjoy.
    My Presets Pack: andreidima.com...
    Buy me a coffee: www.buymeacoff...
    FOLLOW
    INSTAGRAM: / dima.travel. .
    FACEBOOK: / dima.travelling
    TWITTER: / dima_travelling
    BUY PRINTS: fineartamerica....
    EMAIL: contact@andreidima.com
    #fujifilm #fujifilmxt5 #photography

Комментарии • 70

• @AndreiDimaReviews
    @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +10

I hope you enjoy my Fujifilm 35mm f2 WR lens review! The photos were taken in Madrid and Valencia, Spain.

• @seyitov
    @seyitov Год назад +4

I ordered the XT-5 and this 35MM lens today. This video has been pretty good for me. Thanks a lot.

• @REMY.C.
    @REMY.C. Год назад +8

I love this lens. It's always attached to my xpro 3. I bought it after seeing how good the 50mm is on my xt4. I wanted a focal far from the 23 1.4, so the 50 was the one. Now I want the 23 2 too because in plain Sunny days I don't need the 1.4 and the trio 23 35 50 is so compact.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +2

The 35mm has the best image quality from the f2 WR trio but the 23mm has better autofocus.

• @REMY.C.
      @REMY.C. Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews thank you for the tip Andrei.

• @caw25sha
    @caw25sha Год назад +1

When the 33 1.4 was launched I spent a lot of time thinking about upgrading but eventually decided I was perfectly happy with the 35 f2. The hood that comes with the lens is horrible but I bought a metal one. (Official Fujifilm hood, not third party.) It's expensive but excellent and worthwhile for a lens I use most of the time. edit - forgot to mention I've never had the AF problems you mentioned with my X-Pro 1 and XT-1, 2 and 3.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +1

The size and compactness make it a great option. Maybe the AF problem is with newer cameras, that is why I think they should release a firmware update.

• @vladimir_filipas
    @vladimir_filipas Год назад +3

Great review! I just love this lens and it is my most used lens overall in the system…
    I would like to see that comparisson with new 33 for sure…

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +2

Thank you! I will make the comparison as soon as I can.

• @premnathdivakaran5222
    @premnathdivakaran5222 5 месяцев назад +1

Thanks I had decided to buy the Fuji XT-% with this lens today and was searching the net when I came across your short review. ou would agree with me in the olden days I mean the seventies and eighties we were all (don't know if you were born by then, sorry if its an overstatement) using SLR or range finder cameras all with these sorts of prime lenses only much before the advent of the zoom lenses. These lenses taught us good photography as we had to experiment each time we composed a shot. We could take some wonderful snaps even at night in B&W in temple festivals with much crowds and dust while we had the task of getting moving subjects within the frame accurately to get the perfect shot. It was both a challenge and a thrill to find the results when the films were processed and printed. Thanks for your videos.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  5 месяцев назад

I am glad my video was helpful. I was born in the 80's and used my first film camera in the 90's. True, primes make you think more about composition.

• @SummersSnaps
    @SummersSnaps Год назад +1

That was helpful. I had assumed the 35/2 would AF as well as my other two Fujicrons (23/2 and 50/2), so good to note that it does not.
    Overall I really think Fuji really knocked these f2 lenses out of the park, fantastic balance/compromise of size, weight, speed, build quality, rendering, af and price. Where my heart sinks is the new f1.4 variants. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing lenses, high quality, but for me I want more than a stop of light when reaching for the 'pro' equivalents. I really wish they tried harder and got some f1.2 or f1 (similarly how they produced the 50/1). Then you really could sell the same focal length prime to every user, one lens for speed (despite all the cons), and the other for compromise (fujicrons). A Fuji line of 23/1 (or 1.2), 23/2, 35/1 (or 1.2), 35/2, 50/1, 50/2 would have been a better course of action imo. As it stands the 1.4 variants feels like 'a middle man' and we're left wanting more.
    I have the 50/2 but am still keeping my eye out for a good deal on the 50/1, and when I get it I will keep both lenses. (till then I make do with my 90/2).

• @AndreiDimaReviews

I am glad it was helpful. Lets hope the release of Viltrox 27mm f1.2 will push Fujifilm to release more brighter lenses.

• @SummersSnaps
      @SummersSnaps Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews Yes, the 27/1.2 is the next lens that is piquing my interest. I have had a long love affair with 40mm FoV, but it needs to be appreciated fast imo. 1.2 should get that job done nicely, I just hope it renders well. If so I could see it being an absolute workhorse, replacing the 23 and 32mm lenses in my kit.

• @jtes1442
    @jtes1442 Год назад +1

It would be nice if Fuji updated the Fujicrons 23, 35, and 50 series. I also hope they would change the aesthetics as I'm not a fan of the stubby look.

• @eYACTION
    @eYACTION Год назад +1

You rock my friend your review is perfect great job 👌😉

• @jimgunderson6439
    @jimgunderson6439 8 дней назад

Has the AF been improved with this lens via anymore firmware updates since you posted this video a year or so ago????
    Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

• @Mamotreco
    @Mamotreco Год назад

WR/f2 compact prime lens fan reporting for duty 👍 thank you for the video

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад

My pleasure! I hope Fujifilm will update these lenses in the future.

• @DigiDriftZone
    @DigiDriftZone Год назад

The focus breathing makes the lens pretty poor for video unfortunately, it feels so solid and premium and I love to use it but in video I can’t find a way to correct the very pronounced zooming effect when it focuses :(

• @shred3005
    @shred3005 Год назад

I am so torn by what Fuji prime or primes to get. I bought the X-E4 because i wanted something small and discrete for street and travel. It came with with the new XF 27mm f2.8. I wish it was an f2 but release it would no longer be a pancake..
    I don’t believe in having more than 3 primes on a trip or even day out so I soon acquired the original 16mm f2 (now that’s clunky AF!!) dirt cheap and then the XF 50mm f2. These 3 primes make a good and small travel prime kit with the X-E4.
    It’s just the 27mm I can’t make up my mind over. Sitting between the 23mm f2 and 35mm f2 it kind of covers both (I don’t want to carry around 4 primes - too many choices) but 27mm is neither here nor there! Somehow not wide enough and somehow not long enough! And it’s not f2! But I think in the end I’ll stick with the XF27mm just to keep decisions easier… 😅 Too many choices leads to worse creativity

• @AndreiDimaReviews

I like the 27mm for every day use and you can crop to get a 35mm filed of view. Interesting, I think the AF on the 16mm f2.8 is quite good.

• @shred3005
      @shred3005 Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews I made a typo. It’s the original 18mm f2 that I have. Perhaps not the best 18mm lens but it’s ok.

• @AndreiDimaReviews

@@shred3005 yes, that has a clunky AF.

• @farosonico
    @farosonico Год назад +1

good as always! quick question, i bought the Viltrox 13 for a travel. I like it but i feel like most of the time i would prefer a longer lens. I have the XF18-55 (2.8-4) and an old nikon 50 (1.8) pancake, manual of course. Which one would you take with you? the 50 is smaller, lighter, brighter, but manual and fixed length. The 18-55, versatile and auto. Cant decide...

• @mehmetalikaplan7386
    @mehmetalikaplan7386 Год назад

You experienced fuji xf35mm f2 and sigma 30mm f1.4, which are about the same price. Which would you prefer in terms of photography and videography seperatly?

• @AndreiDimaReviews

Both are good for photography and both are bad for videography.

• @lintentiondelefaire4082
    @lintentiondelefaire4082 Год назад

When you do these "close to far" focus "check" are you on power save, normal or boost. I'm pretty sure your show would be different based on that setting, given the variation in battery use based on that particular setting. Please make your evaluations more accurate regarding chosen settings on any given camera. It will be more believable. Usually one would use the better settings possible on a given camera. Isn't it the reason we chose one over the other?

• @AndreiDimaReviews

Did you ask other reviewers this question or just me? I always use the best settings, in this case, boost. I will add this info in my future videos.

• @lintentiondelefaire4082
      @lintentiondelefaire4082 Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews I just asked the same thing to one called Gordon Laing. I did watch your video twice. Very good video and very informative. I like this type of video very much. Thank you! (Gordon Laing was reviewing the camera, not the lens like you).

• @AndreiDimaReviews

Thank you for answering my question. I am glad you like my videos!

• @sn005e
    @sn005e Год назад

Yea i had the same problem too with the autofocus, using the xt4.. i thought it was the camera at first, but when using my 18-55 seems fine, i love the focal length 35mm but cant count on it for video😢

• @madslyngsdal1194
    @madslyngsdal1194 5 месяцев назад +1

Hey Andrei, what shutter button do you use? :-)

• @kimblearbuthnot
    @kimblearbuthnot Год назад +1

I’m on my second copy of the xf35f2, and it is currently my only autofocus lens.
    I find the focusing on quick and snappy, but I do experience the focus hunting when the focus square is set too large or too small. I wonder if using a smaller focus square would reduce the focus hunting?

• @AndreiDimaReviews

I tried all forms of autofocus and it still hunts. The focus is quick enough but in contrasty situations it hunts.

• @AmeNoMessage1688
    @AmeNoMessage1688 10 месяцев назад

What would be a good lens for video?
    I have the 27mm mark ii and I was thinking of getting this 35mm for vlogging and basic video hahah

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  10 месяцев назад

Hello, the 35mm is not good for video. The 23mm f2 WR is a better option for video.

• @kylosroom
    @kylosroom Год назад

Which one would you recommend more? 23mm or 35mm?

• @boykomaru
    @boykomaru Год назад

Please Review Lens Kamlan 70mm F1.1 for fuji, iam so excited.

• @magnusnordstrom9594
    @magnusnordstrom9594 Год назад

I did get the Fujinon 33mm f/1.4 LM WR instead.

• @vanisraelmendiola2811
    @vanisraelmendiola2811 Год назад

❤ first!😊

• @MisAnkic
    @MisAnkic Год назад

Too expensive considering AF issues, aberration... On the other hand, the same lens without waterproof and aperture ring - XC35 f2, is twice cheaper and that is absolutely best value lens for Fuji!

• @AndreiDimaReviews

True, I got this lens second hand and I think this is the way to go.

• @cityproofdad
    @cityproofdad Год назад

you hAve fujifilm xf1 wtf is it in working order?? that rare piece of kit

• @susantakumarghosh8630
    @susantakumarghosh8630 Год назад

Is it good for videography?

• @mv3592
    @mv3592 9 месяцев назад

my heart says XF but my wallet screams XC😭😂

• @DJBastor
    @DJBastor Месяц назад

There was an update. Is this fixed now

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Месяц назад

Can you be more specific?

• @DJBastor
      @DJBastor Месяц назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews oh sorry. I mean the af for the xt5

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Месяц назад

@@DJBastor The 4.0 firmware fixed a bug, but the AF is still not that great. I am still testing it.

• @DJBastor
      @DJBastor Месяц назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews got the xt 50 the same issue

• @voorachter2733
    @voorachter2733 Год назад

That list was so dumb. Fuji groups exploding with terrified people thinking they could chuck away their older lenses because it wasn't on there or being upset with Fuji for betraying them. Should've never released that since it means absolutely nothing.