Peak Film Simulation Experience // Fujifilm X-T50

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 14 май 2024
  • Head to www.squarespace.com/zycheng to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
    A dial with film simulations on it. Nuff' said. #Fujifilm #XT50
    I use Epidemic Sound for my music, sign up for a free trial here:
    share.epidemicsound.com/zyprod...
    A very special thanks to my Patrons for supporting the channel!
    kit.co/zyproductions/youtube-...
    Support me on Patreon!
    / zyproductions
  • РазвлеченияРазвлечения

Комментарии • 71

• @noisefekt
    @noisefekt 20 дней назад +13

Fujifilm is the right company to bring back quirky cameras!

• @bucha4986
    @bucha4986 20 дней назад +40

What were the Fujifilm engineers thinking. The unique value proposition other than size for the X-T double digit cameras was the physical picture mode dial which allowed for very fast switching from photo to video or multiple exposures on the fly. Replacing that with film simulation dial is retrogressive and a big mistake in my view.

• @changez77654
      @changez77654 20 дней назад +13

This wasn't an engineer's decision I can tell you that.

• @user-ms8qg2rz5s
      @user-ms8qg2rz5s 19 дней назад

@@changez77654true! Marketing people will say if user really want that, they will pay a bit more to get the X-T x, not the X-T xx.

• @HxHStudios
      @HxHStudios 19 дней назад +8

How exactly was it a "unique value proposition"? Having a dial to switch between 2 modes that you use maybe once per day was almost useless, at least in my workflow! I can see your point, but calling a cut PASM dial a "unique value proposition" is a bit beyond the truth.

• @shashankvats753
      @shashankvats753 19 дней назад

​@@HxHStudios Nicely put

• @johnnewton7075
      @johnnewton7075 18 дней назад +1

The X-T50 is therefore more suitable for trendy people who want to exhibit their pictures on social media. Who needs a special wheel for filmsimulations?

• @JasonVong
    @JasonVong 19 дней назад +6

Yo that Auto Lever is gonna be clutch! Like you said, we are ALWAYS ON THE WRONG MODE when something epic happens! I def left Train AF on at some point when it's not needed 😭

• @zy_cheng
      @zy_cheng  19 дней назад +2

IKR! At this point I'm convinced it's almost guaranteed that wrong camera settings are the reason these epic moments happen in the first place 🤣

• @iam_nick
    @iam_nick 19 дней назад +4

People should know this camera is for photo, not video. So the way they put together this body is amazing, compact body and looking great.

• @nicocastillo2099
    @nicocastillo2099 19 дней назад +22

The price is just so steep. A few more dollars and it’s an XT5 already.

• @kimjoshuabartolome4022
      @kimjoshuabartolome4022 19 дней назад +3

Id rather pick a 2nd hand XT5 rather than this one

• @--AnonymousUser--
      @--AnonymousUser-- 19 дней назад +6

Your reasoning is flawed. I read this all the time on the internet. People are saying things like „An upgraded MacBook Air is almost the price of a MacBook Pro“. Do you want the best specs for your money or do you want a device with the specs you are ACTUALLY going to use? You clicked this video, which indicates you are looking for a light travel camera. Compactness with high performance is what the X-T50 is all about. If you need the large X-T5, then get the X-T5. But it will probably be overkill and a waste of money. You won’t be needing all this power, and the tragic thing is, you don’t even know it.

• @janihonkala8154
      @janihonkala8154 18 дней назад

Why buy cheap poor cameras if you can buy gfx 100 ii🤷‍♂️🤔

• @Izzet99
      @Izzet99 18 дней назад +3

@@--AnonymousUser--pls say it louder, there are so many of these people who dont even know what camera they want or need. I myself am selling my x-t5 because i never used the video side and had quite a few things i didnt really need. as the xt50 looks like a xt5 Lite version, more than a xt30ii successor ill be going for it as i wanted something smaller in the first place with high specs. i welcome the inegrated flash and the sim Dial as well.

• @Izzet99
      @Izzet99 18 дней назад

@@Longerweekendscant you just set the image quality to M and then you have around 20 Megapixels? or are there drawbacks or different things vs a native 26 Megapixel sensor?

• @miklosnemeth8566
    @miklosnemeth8566 11 дней назад +2

I've been watching your videos since Canon 70D and you are still be best. I think it is the tilting screen that is massively a big feature vs the X-T5's left protruding screen. For us tilting screen lovers, this is a massive pro. Still hesitant to go for this X-T50 or the new X100VI.

• @tomaspuskas950
    @tomaspuskas950 20 дней назад +2

Amazing first look :) I really like those type of review. And YEAH, what a quality of your video and sounds also.

• @StevoJacobs
    @StevoJacobs 19 дней назад +1

Hey I just wanted to say, saw all the reviews and yours is by far my favorite. Great video! awesome camera!

• @TheVFXbyArt
    @TheVFXbyArt 19 дней назад +1

Very well explained. Thank you.

• @AfifZulkifli
    @AfifZulkifli 19 дней назад +4

"Well-rounded" literally

• @suzukitaka4470
    @suzukitaka4470 19 дней назад +2

if this camera was around 900-1100 it would've been amazing. With the current price there are just more options.

• @ChoaYeon
    @ChoaYeon 18 дней назад +2

the xt10-30 went from entry level at $800 to a midrange camera at $1400.. i was actually excited for this camera but for that price ill hold on for the Xpro4 or just get a xt5

• @mferbet
      @mferbet 16 дней назад

La xe-5 posiblemente ya no costará $800. La x-pro5 (pienso que la llamarán x-pro5) costará mucho más cara aún que la x-h2.

• @timd3546
    @timd3546 20 дней назад +9

It's incomprehensible to me why you can't save entire film recipes to the dial. That would have been a killer feature. Does it at least still have this function from the menu itself? How many slots can be assigned there to saving full recipes?

• @DiegoJoseSJaime
      @DiegoJoseSJaime 19 дней назад

I think Fujifilm will listen to this complain and hopefully they can add the option with a Firmware update!

• @stanleygabrel1045
      @stanleygabrel1045 19 дней назад

Agreed.

• @Izzet99
      @Izzet99 18 дней назад

pray they will integrade it

• @itsr7studio
      @itsr7studio 8 дней назад +1

@timd3546 you can save up to 7 custom recipes that can be accessed through the Q menu, which I learned about when I had the chance to play with the XT-50 a few weeks ago at a local camera store. Fingers crossed Fuji releases a firmware update that will allow us to use the f1-f3 on the dial for custom recipes!

• @afrocism9045
    @afrocism9045 13 дней назад

I simply love your reviews!!!!

• @--AnonymousUser--
    @--AnonymousUser-- 19 дней назад +1

Is any part of the camera made of plastic or feel cheap?

• @nhat141
    @nhat141 11 дней назад

Does the Xt-50 have the same Smooth Skin Effect feature as the Xt5?

• @ruff1draft
    @ruff1draft 18 дней назад

Is the Fuji X-T50 brand new the same price as a used Fuji XT4

• @stephanweiskorn6760
    @stephanweiskorn6760 11 дней назад +1

Excellent video 😊!

• @Alsayid
    @Alsayid 16 дней назад

Are you saying you can put any preset you can dream up in the FS1, 2, and 3 modes?

• @Feemy
      @Feemy День назад

I don't think so. Custom recipes cannot be saved in those three slots, only the regular (preset) film simulations. Here's hoping a firmware update can change that!

• @AnsonDeng
    @AnsonDeng 19 дней назад +1

I really wish they use iso dial instead of film simulation dial on the XT-50

• @BJGray7
    @BJGray7 20 дней назад

What about programming recipes from Fuji Weekly?

• @zy_cheng
      @zy_cheng  20 дней назад +2

Turning the dial will change only the Film Simulation parameter as of current firmware, so the rest (tone curve, grain, color chrome fx etc) stay the same regardless which film sim is selected on the dial. Bad news for recipes, but here's hoping Fuji might consider tweaking the software for this.

• @CryptoDefender
    @CryptoDefender 12 дней назад +1

No weather sealing? 😢 Order cancelled.

• @testyep5031
    @testyep5031 20 дней назад

Why are you not allowed to test autofocus

• @kuacigames5073
    @kuacigames5073 14 дней назад

Im thinking getting xt32 but the tripod mount is a deal breaker, and then comes xt50 but that price is just...omg 😅😅😅

• @AnonWalrus
    @AnonWalrus 6 дней назад

40 in chinese is "si shi" and both sounds like death in chinese(in a way) so maybe das a reason

• @andrewchan4264
    @andrewchan4264 18 дней назад

Replace the film simulation dial with an ISO dial. You will have a fantastic miniature x-T5.
    Discontinue your X-T5 production. You already have the X-H2 and X-H2S.

• @mferbet
      @mferbet 16 дней назад

Le faltaría el sellado y la segunda tarjeta sd para ser una x-t5 en miniatura

• @carlosquesadasibaja6228
    @carlosquesadasibaja6228 14 дней назад

they did de same with the S3 Pro
    and then S5 Pro

• @Stromblast1
    @Stromblast1 4 дня назад

I would take the full frame sensor Canon R8 over this at that price point....

• @USGrant21st
    @USGrant21st 19 дней назад +1

Fuji obviously couldn't think about anything useful to put on that left dial, so they put sim modes, which are useless for everybody shooting in raw.

• @kerasio
    @kerasio 19 дней назад

Such a bad idea not letting you save recipes on each individual sim. The C1-7 on the XH2 is a better option. That and the price means this is a hard pass.

• @ameliopierotti1356
    @ameliopierotti1356 19 дней назад +2

Old battery, old viewfinder, less controls vs xt5 almost at the same price... It makes no sense

• @jimrothwell535
      @jimrothwell535 5 дней назад

said another way - same sensor, same processor, smaller size, less weight, less price.... it might make complete sense

• @ameliopierotti1356
      @ameliopierotti1356 5 дней назад

@@jimrothwell535 I have had the XT30 and at that time it was substancially lighter and cheaper than the XT4 (I paid it 645EUR on Amazon). According to me, the XT50 makes too many compromises. Having the XT5 and I don't see the need of an XT50

• @Tee.wrecks
    @Tee.wrecks 19 дней назад +2

Leaning way into the TikTok crowd

• @NJM1948
    @NJM1948 19 дней назад +4

But...the film sim dial IS a gimmick - you could always access these sims through the menu, so why give it it's own dedicated dial that isn't even customisable!!! RAW shooters never use the film sims as they are only for jpeg shooters, so this to me makes this expensive camera a little bit of a slap in the face for RAW shooters

• @martinandreasson5504
      @martinandreasson5504 18 дней назад

This is just a guess. But as a Nikon Zf user i can say that the B/W switch they added on that camera has been a killer feature for many, but thought of as a gimmick at first a bit. And while im normally always shooting Raw, its a very handy thing to have at your fingertips :) So i could see many users really loving this wheel.

• @jimrothwell535

and if you are a RAW shooter, are there not multiple options from Fuji you can buy? Does EVERY camera they make have to abide by your desires and needs? do you have supporting evidence that there are more RAW shooters than JPEG?

• @NJM1948
      @NJM1948 5 дней назад

@@jimrothwell535 Firstly, the point has been missed here. The answer to your first question is no, not what I, and others are wanting. The forerunners to this model were all clearly small brothers to the main camera of the line...with same specs. This is what was anticipated with the release of the XT50, a carry around everyday camera with the same spec as the XT5. The second part is a bit of a silly response!! Do you really think that I would expect Fuji to make cameras to my needs? Come on. Also, who is talking about "evidence of more RAW shooters than Jpeg"?? Totally irrelavent to the point. There are many RAW shooters who would definitely prefer a dial that benefits the cost and spec of this camera. Sims have always been accessible to those who want them, so why change this on this range? Maybe the XE5 could be the one to trial this idea, not an expsensive serious camera - If you need any further evidence with the outrage this has caused....just read the comments on FujiRumors

• @johnnewton7075
    @johnnewton7075 18 дней назад

⁉️ Oh?️ no: The new shape no longer corresponds to Fujifilm's tradition of beautiful retro cameras such as the X-T20 or the X-T30. Hand on heart: Who needs an extra bike for film simulations? This can be solved with the two previous models with the "Film Simulation Series" function. Plus: From aperture 4.0 onwards, the older lenses deliver the same good results... The X-T50 is therefore more suitable for trendy people who want to exhibit their pictures on social media. To each his own....

• @jimrothwell535

enter stage left the X100VI ...... maybe Fuji is intentionally pushing this end of the market?

• @gordonmohr2268
    @gordonmohr2268 18 дней назад

"a way to fuji".................. first one to use fuji as a verb🤣

• @namelessguy199
    @namelessguy199 18 дней назад

Cheng is a round shamer it seems

• @Lucas-vj8rr
    @Lucas-vj8rr 20 дней назад +4

film simulation knob damn thats not good,

• @henrytong8707
    @henrytong8707 19 дней назад +3

Get rid of the viewfinder and the Sim Dial. Lower the price to $999 and call it an X-E5.

• @carjac820
      @carjac820 19 дней назад

it ain’t an X-E without a viewfinder.

• @domTT
    @domTT 20 дней назад

People have been celebrating the Fujifilm film simulation for years, the tactile FS dial it is a great way to introduce this feature & attracts NEW USERS to Fujifilm's camera. And with this smaller form-factor coupled with their latest sensor & processor, it is really a good way forward. Auto ISO works pretty good on Fujifilm camera.

• @testyep5031
      @testyep5031 20 дней назад +1

No one is going to buy at that price with the outdated autofocus

• @domTT
      @domTT 20 дней назад +2

Really? No one gonna buy them? We shall see. Do people still live in 2019 or before. It's 2024, everything has become more expensive.Apparently, people think with better specs, it should be the same or lower price. 🤷‍♂

• @henrytong8707
      @henrytong8707 19 дней назад +1

@@domTT I bought an used X-T5 with the 16-80mm lens for $1802 just last month at B&H. Tax free.

• @conrada9477
      @conrada9477 19 дней назад +1

@@testyep5031 I agree with you it expensive but your statement is not true. Many will still buy this camera.

• @nhat141
    @nhat141 11 дней назад

Does the Xt-50 have the same Smooth Skin Effect feature as the Xt5?