One Year With My Yashica T4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 2 май 2024
  • Today I'm giving my reasons why I love my Yashica T4 but also giving some realistic criticism of such an expensive little camera.
    Check out the awesome Kodak Reto Camera Strap I'm wearing in this video Here - amzn.to/4blGc2i
    This is how I make my digital photos look like warm film - www.lucylumen.com/shop/p/lucy...
    My website - www.lucylumen.com
    My instagram - Lucy_lumen
    Some Links are affiliate
  • НаукаНаука

Комментарии • 40

• @LucyLumen
    @LucyLumen  2 месяца назад +5

Check out the awesome Kodak Reto Camera Strap I'm wearing in this video Here - amzn.to/4blGc2i

• @AlexanderHernandez-sb7lq
    @AlexanderHernandez-sb7lq 2 месяца назад +4

My first film Point and shoot was a famous high end one, and even though I love using it, I realized I couldn’t bring it everywhere for fear of breaking it so I realized the smart choice was to buy less expensive points and shoots but choose models that had a good reputation of delivering in image quality.

• @gabgallant
    @gabgallant 2 месяца назад +8

The queen has made her comeback ! 📸

• @LucyLumen
      @LucyLumen  2 месяца назад +2

Yay!!! Excited to be back making photo walk videos again and having more time to dedicate to RUclips. Thanks for watching

• @nandhathiyagarajan6129
    @nandhathiyagarajan6129 2 месяца назад +1

So great to see photography content and love the on location videos. Congratulations on the Kodak feature!

• @KarySchump
    @KarySchump Месяц назад +1

Cool review, and fun to see you out taking photos!!

• @cvandebroek
    @cvandebroek Месяц назад

You bet I've been watching your video! Took me longer than expected to comment here 😅
    I'm so happy this little camera found a new home with you and gets used. Very much appreciate the chats and exchanges ever since.
    Keep up the great work - Greetings to Australia!

• @allmediaguy1
    @allmediaguy1 Месяц назад

i have always love your walkabout videos, and the desaturated colors of this one is awesome!

• @pdtech4524
    @pdtech4524 Месяц назад +1

Iconic camera 📷
    Such a shame the prices are overly inflated due to online hype!
    There are much better cameras for much less, that give similar if not better images.
    Although I am jealous you got one gifted 😊
    Would I pay those crazy prices?
    Given the age of the electronics and the fact it will fail at some point, plus the few downsides it has ie not 100% focus etc I'd pass on it but if I found one cheap enough then yeah,,why not.
    I have the Yashica T2 in my collection which I think has a very similar, if not the same Carl zeiss tessar 3.5 lens, these tend to be much cheaper, I paid just £10 for mine untested.😊
    They are a bit chunkier compared to your model but to me that makes them even more 'vintage' and retro.😊

• @MrLeperez
    @MrLeperez Месяц назад

Nice câmera. I used on 90' s and still have prints BxW of It. Strogly recommended.

• @KrisHomemadeBaking
    @KrisHomemadeBaking 2 месяца назад +1

Ah the Yashica T4. A legendary camera. I tried to coax a friend into giving hers to me since she wasn't using it but she kept seeing my film pics and now she wanted to get into it too...
    I do have a couple of point and shoot cameras that I consider my personal diaries. The Nikon Litetouch Zoom 70WS (for analog) and Fujifilm Finepix F600EXR (for digicam). They're both really nice and I think Nikon Litetouch doesn't get enough love because compared to other p&s it came out a lot more recently (it's barely old enough to drink) but aside from its auto-focusing issues I think it's one of the better cameras I've had. The Finepix F600EXR didn't review well during its release year (2011) but it's so underrated, and I got it for less than $100. It zooms really really far away and makes for a decent bird photography camera too!

• @breakalime
    @breakalime Месяц назад

I was gifted a yashica t4 by my mother in law. It had been gathering dust in a drawer for who knows how long before that. The first roll I put through it was Portra 160 and a bunch of shots came out blurry. Since switching to 400 the focus has dramatically improved, leading me to believe it has more to do with the auto exposure prioritising slower shutter speeds and the lack of sharpness being a result of motion blur.

• @christen.peters
    @christen.peters Месяц назад

I use the Fujifilm Klasse W as my little everyday film point & shoot! It's super fun and has a 28mm lens, which means I can get in all the annoying/cute selfies with my kids haha!
    Love hearing your thoughts on the T4

• @mollyanderson449
    @mollyanderson449 2 месяца назад +1

I enjoy all your content Lucy, but oh how I’ve missed the classic photo walk vids! So nice to see one back on the channel. Also, the camera you actually enjoy using is way more important than specs or anything else. I’ve streamlined my collection considerably, but will never be without my OM-1❤

• @thefilmdegenerate
    @thefilmdegenerate 2 месяца назад

I’ve missed you!

• @timcarter2147
    @timcarter2147 2 месяца назад

Love the video. Awesome music. Congrats on the Kodak feature! Love all your videos! Fashion, film, everything.

• @jerushashah5913
    @jerushashah5913 2 месяца назад +1

Love these style of location videos and have missed them alot from you! I am sure they may be hard to put together with a busy schedule but more of these puuhhlleeassee!!

• @colinfaulkner4269
    @colinfaulkner4269 2 месяца назад +1

I wish a manufacturer would produce a similar camera. Eventually electronics will fail and fixing these cameras are near impossible. Maybe some competition for Leica in a more affordable package. Great video though. Thanks

• @gregmarcus3064
    @gregmarcus3064 2 месяца назад +1

Love this style of video. More town shoots and maybe some urban decay photography with your catwalk fashion in said place could look cool.

• @StarrysLostandFound
    @StarrysLostandFound 2 месяца назад

Sweet video 👍👊✨

• @katiewalsh6020
    @katiewalsh6020 2 месяца назад

Loved the vid❤I had an Olympus MJU2 but sold it as I way prefer the build quality, images and feel of the MJU1! Snagged a few digital cameras recently. Canon Powershot G2 after I saw your vid on that & love the punchy shots! Also grabbed an Olympus EP-1, hoping for that film look in digital! P.S. love your shoes, where are they from?❤

• @markglore7196
    @markglore7196 2 месяца назад +1

You ARE a celebrity my dear!😉

• @dan.allen.digital
    @dan.allen.digital 2 месяца назад +1

Nice video. If you can find one, check out the Kodak VR35 K12 or K14.

• @NPJensen
    @NPJensen 2 месяца назад

Nice shots. I look forward to getting out there myself again soon.
    The one film camera, I have used the most, is the Canon EOS 300 with either the 40mm f2.8 or the 50mm f1.8 - it's just so reliable, easy to use and low weight. I also keep returning to my Minolta Hi-Matic 7s - and of course my Leica gear, but the Canon EOS 300 is it. It has the added benefit of sharing lenses with my Canon DSLR - and the combined kit is lighter than the similar Nikon kit, I can put together. However, now that I have started using M4/3 gear, I have a Leica M to M4/3 adapter, so the future combined kit might be my Leica M5 for film and my Panasonic Lumix GX8 for digital - even if that kit will get heavier because of the weight of my preferred M-mount lenses. (I might put something like a Minolta Riwa zoom 70w in my pocket as well - I am a Minolta fan boy after all).

• @mortenthesbl5535
    @mortenthesbl5535 2 месяца назад +1

Had the T4 a couple of times and sold it - due to it being fragile and just too expensive. But it is very nice. Will recommend the Yashica Minitec 35. It magic and much less expensive.

• @JosieOnFilm
    @JosieOnFilm 2 месяца назад +1

I've got just about every Ricoh that exists at this point as everyone knows lol. Yet I still end up grabbing my Singlex TLS every time I walk out the door. It's a fully mechanical bare bones camera and just an unbreakable tank! Plus there's something about M42 lenses and their dreamy bokeh that I can't seem to find within the K-mount range that came in from the 80's onwards.

• @unknownartdivision
    @unknownartdivision 2 месяца назад

Searching around the house I found a Yashica T4, it probably belonged to my father, he used it when my sister and I were children. But the autofocus doesn't work, I put in an expired roll to test it and it almost never manages to focus, so it's almost impossible to shoot. I don't know if this problem it's fixable. But I'm afraid it's not. It's a shame because apart from the broken battery compartment door it is in excellent condition.

• @VideoSolutionsbyCalebThomas
    @VideoSolutionsbyCalebThomas 2 месяца назад +1

I personally have a T3. It doesn’t have the same status but it’s half the price of the T4 and has a CZ 2.8 lens

• @bngr_bngr
    @bngr_bngr 2 месяца назад

I bought a Yashica T4 new instead as the Contax T2 as they shared the same lens. I loved the camera but at some point I moved. I think it must in a box within a box in the garage. I’m sure it will be in the last box I look at.

• @Grestock
    @Grestock 2 месяца назад

"Do you use it?" To me that's the EXACT right question. If you use it, it's a good camera.

• @EdwardIglesias
    @EdwardIglesias 2 месяца назад +1

Hate to say it, but my phone has taken this role. It's just there.

• @LucyLumen
      @LucyLumen  2 месяца назад

Fair enough! I feel like I can’t take a photo with my phone to save my life and I also have a cracked screen and a black line running accross my iPhone 11 haha 😂 time for an upgrade I think…

• @cal3blipa
    @cal3blipa 2 месяца назад

Not a celebrity! I would literally freak out if I saw you😊

• @lux_lumen_
    @lux_lumen_ 2 месяца назад

You should NOT apply for Alone Australia season 3 babe

• @voyagersquaremuzika
    @voyagersquaremuzika 2 месяца назад +1

I don't want to be negative or give you too much shit, why do you keep talking about cameras, the sharpness of the photo and everything else except the most important thing, which are the photos,about the photography itself, about the work itself? It looks to me like you are taking photographs only for the reason that they can be used to analyze the cameras. I see that you have great photos, that you have a sense of composition and color, it's a shame that you don't focus on that!!!I speak in the plural because I see that the vast majority of RUclips photographers only have cameras as their subject, and the photos they take with them are in the background, they only show them for a fraction of a second, so if I want to see what was photographed, I have to quickly pause the video, and that is quite difficult because as I said, they put the photo to be seen for less than a second!

• @jorghahn2903
      @jorghahn2903 Месяц назад +1

I could be wrong of course but to me it seems that most film photographers, especially those active on social media, shoot film for no other reason than shooting film and then having endless debates about film cameras, the look of film stocks etc. The photos they take are mostly boring (and I’m not saying that this is the case of Lucy - she seems to be much more intentional about her film photography) but that doesn’t seem to matter to them. They believe that their photos look great only because they were shot on film, but a boring photo is always a boring photo, not matter if shot on film or digital. The same happens, btw, with Fujifilm cameras and film recipes.

• @voyagersquaremuzika
      @voyagersquaremuzika Месяц назад +1

@@jorghahn2903 Yes, I agree!

• @robertdouble559
    @robertdouble559 Месяц назад

It's hilarous that a piece of shit camera like that is expensive now. Trendy wankery knows no bounds. Cameras like this were a dime a dozen when I was your age. Funny funny funny.

• @WhoIsSerafin
    @WhoIsSerafin 2 месяца назад

I thought I was listening to my wife with an Australian accent with all the nature complaining.