What’s in my bag | Travelling to Iceland with the Fuji X-T2

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 27 авг 2024

Комментарии • 80

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
    @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад +7

So many new people have joined my channel in the past 48 hours! Thanks for being part of my little adventure.
    Where are you all coming from? How did you stumble on this video?
    Make sure to subscribe if you haven't yet. ;-) My next episode from Iceland will go live tomorrow at 7pm CET.

• @mariesanchez
      @mariesanchez 6 лет назад

Christophe Van Biesen hello from Colorado!!!

• @Ronnierayv
      @Ronnierayv 6 лет назад

Christophe Van Biesen Hello from Chestermere Lake, Alberta, Canada. Found you searching fujifilm gear on youtube. Love your vids and images!

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
      @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад

Ronnierayv Thank you and welcome to the channel.

• @hakanunal5300
      @hakanunal5300 6 лет назад

Greetings from Istanbul...Found you while searching for Fujifilm XT-20...

• @texasyoutuber217
      @texasyoutuber217 6 лет назад

Texas..! I am thinking of switching to the XT2 as well.

• @ianbrown704
    @ianbrown704 6 лет назад

Brilliant and so useful , many thanks

• @RandyPollock
    @RandyPollock 6 лет назад +1

Just finished watching all your videos (saved the gear bag for last), your doing a great job keep them coming enjoying seeing the adventures and it's even better that your a fellow Fuji guy.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Thank you Randy. Glad you enjoyed the videos and joined my channel. I am working on more videos. Stay tuned. ;-)

• @irfanchooify
    @irfanchooify 6 лет назад

Very useful video ! Thanks for sharing

• @Tom-Tenerife
    @Tom-Tenerife 4 года назад

I have your same lenses, but XT4! I have Insta 360 R with two lenses, 360 and 1" more. Like drone I have Autel Evo. Instead Canon 7X, I have Ricoh GS III

• @jonhermannsson9555
    @jonhermannsson9555 6 лет назад

very nice video - you really know how to get the best out of your gear -

• @ianfrankish5114
    @ianfrankish5114 6 лет назад

Great video👍 I stumbled across your channel the other day and really enjoyed your stuff! Keep it up👍🇬🇧

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Thanks Ian and welcome to my channel. Glad you enjoy my content.

• @chrislj2890
    @chrislj2890 6 лет назад +2

Very interesting. I was thinking that one of the new X-E3 bodies would be a compact and valuable backup just in case, and it also does 4K video.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
      @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад +1

Hi Chris. I was thinking about getting a backup body for my next trip. I was thinking more along the line of an X-T20 or X100F. Not sure what the difference with the X-E3 is.

• @chrislj2890
      @chrislj2890 6 лет назад

Well, the X100F is cool and I'd like to get one, but it has a fixed lens. The X-T20 and X-E3 will both use all of your lenses, have the same 24.3 MP sensor, processor, EVF, and 3" touch screen, although the X-T20 has a tilting screen and costs $100 less so maybe it would be a better pick.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Yes, the single lens on the X100F is what stopped me from buying one yet. I would have to use it in a different way if I'd get it. Although I think that 23mm is a very flexible focal length.

• @davidferrington7588
    @davidferrington7588 6 лет назад

Great videos thanks for all you share...

• @verdonrocksphotography3510
    @verdonrocksphotography3510 6 лет назад +1

nice set up, fighting with idea to switch to Fujifilm, specially in winter when I am using skis or bike for approach to great location, and drone must have, thank you!

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Thanks. What camera are you currently using?

• @verdonrocksphotography3510
      @verdonrocksphotography3510 6 лет назад +1

Christophe Van Biesen I am using Canon cameras, I am professional wildlife photographer and all my long lenses are from Canon have 70-200, 100-400 and 600 plus Canon 7D and 1DX body, wide angle have from canon too, it would be hard to switch to Fujifilm because their longest lens is also 11-400 would very expensive to switch and for my current setup I would just lose som much money! For my YT channel I am using also GoPro with gimbal and some point and shoot as backup, also I am planning to get new upcoming DJI Phantom 5, and skis or bike is for to get to some great locations what Colorado has to offer, thank you for the interest, take care VDN!

• @85rezam
    @85rezam 6 лет назад

Nice work friend. Good luck!

• @thomas.rieger
    @thomas.rieger 6 лет назад

very good Christophe I just bought the bigger Version of the Bagsmart Cable Pouch, is a very good part of our stuff ... !!

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Hi Thomas. There is a bigger version? I'll have to check that out. Although I'm very happy with the small one already. Cheers

• @thomas.rieger
      @thomas.rieger 6 лет назад +1

i hope also it is not too big...wehn it is so then a bay your version...! ;-)
      www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N224YIB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @thomas.rieger
      @thomas.rieger 6 лет назад

But just because of this Bagsmart, it was worth watching your videos!
      By the way, they are very good, and also very understandable
      regards Tom

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Many thanks Tom. Glad you enjoy the videos. More coming soon. ;-)

• @DiviPhotos
    @DiviPhotos 6 лет назад

Wonderful video vary nice job

• @carmas54
    @carmas54 6 лет назад +3

what great location!, I want to get into more landscape photography but I have not gotten into the NISI filters you're using... if you ever get a chance I love see you explain the philosophy for their use... I'm sure there is more to adjusting exposure and shutter to accomplish your photos... thank you...lovely imagines I also have gone from Canon to Nikon to now fuji and I love the ergonomics the system offers above anything else and the imagine and lens are not bad either

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
      @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад +2

Hi there. Glad you enjoyed the video.
      I might do a video one of these days about using these filters, since I already got asked about this a few times.
      In the meantime, there is a great video from Thomas Heaton about filters. Make sure to go watch that. ;-)

• @carmas54
      @carmas54 6 лет назад

thanks will be... BY THE WAY the great falls in Iceland is the biggest in al of the Americas.. Nigara Falls in New York is the third largest ... the biggest being Victoria Falls in Africa.

• @TheMounil
    @TheMounil 6 лет назад

Mine
    FUJINON FX 18-55 MM OIS
    FX 10-24 MM OIS
    FX 50 MM

• @markopanger412
    @markopanger412 6 лет назад

Christophe,
    That was very informative. I'm preparing my Iceland trip those days and I'm switching from the (bulky) D800 + trinity lenses to the XT2 system. 10-24 is perhaps a must :) What about your 18-55 kit lens ? Were there times in Iceland when you wished you had the 16-55 f2.8 lens instead of the kit lens ? What about when returning home and looking at the shots? Did 16-55 crossed your mind at that time? Thanks.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

I thought about getting the 16-55, but I chose to stick with the 18-55. Image quality is great and it's a whole lot lighter. Enjoy Iceland.

• @fink.t
    @fink.t 5 лет назад

thanks for the video, I‘m planning a trip to iceland in next summer and need to know what I can add to my gear. But something you‘ve forgotten (like almost everyone did) didn‘t you take a waterbottle with you on your trip?

• @wyatthunter987
      @wyatthunter987 4 года назад

His assistant is carrying the rest of his gear

• @joennick1
    @joennick1 6 лет назад

Don't know if I missed it but what is the camera bag you had in the video? Thanks.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Hey Joe. I am using an F-stop Loka bag. I believe they have been replaced by some newer models now.

• @calebe16
    @calebe16 6 лет назад

Man, at the end of this year I may have a chance to upgrade my gear from a d3200.
    I'm think a lot about the d7200 but also I'm so in love with the xt2 and some of its lenses.
    The major problem would be money. I hope it is cheaper at the end of the year when they release the xt3.
    But if it's possible to buy, I would like to know about battery life.
    It's my greatest concern.
    What do you do to save battery and how many pictures do you use to take?
    I do love been able to have one battery for a week and take almost 1k photos on surf shooting or even have battery for a week when just roaming for landscapes.
    I think the d7200 will be even greater.
    Could you give me some hints?
    I would like a kit like 16mm, 23mm f/2, 56mm and 55-200mm

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Battery life can be an issue with the XT2. I always have one or two backup batteries with me.
      Regarding lenses: these are all solid choices. It all depends on your preference, zoom or prime, etc.

• @altern8ive
    @altern8ive 6 лет назад +1

thanks, which ICU are you using? the Loka isn't supplied with one

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

I have a large slope and a small slope. I switch the two depending on my needs. I used the large for this trip.

• @altern8ive
      @altern8ive 6 лет назад

thank you

• @danielchayer385
    @danielchayer385 6 лет назад +1

You have bring your portable to Iceland for your backup?

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Hi Daniel, not sure what you mean by portable. You mean my phone or laptop? I had both with me for this trip. ;-)

• @frank_burdorf_photography
    @frank_burdorf_photography 6 лет назад

Where can I get this small bag / pouch you show in your video? Would love to get one for my camera extras.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Hi Frank. I updated the description of the video, there is now a link to the cable pouch.

• @danielchayer385
    @danielchayer385 6 лет назад +2

I wanted to say, laptop. Thanks for your answer.

• @lthamalainen
    @lthamalainen 6 лет назад

How do you like the SIRUI 1204XL tripod? I have a XT2 and searching for a lightweight travel tripod :)

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

It's a great tripod and it works well with the X-T2. I might make a video about it one of these days.

• @carloscosta4904
    @carloscosta4904 6 лет назад +1

Since it looks like you didn't take the 100-400 to this trip, did you miss it in some way?

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
      @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад +2

Not at all. I would never take such a heavy lens on a trip. ;-)

• @carloscosta4904
      @carloscosta4904 6 лет назад

Just what I thought, thanks

• @DalsPhotography
      @DalsPhotography 6 лет назад

I did !!! Went to Iceland with my 150 - 600 and a canon 7d, It was fantastic to have them, I am switching to fuji for travels, but not leaving that awsome lens for wildlife :)

• @bitmastermac
    @bitmastermac 6 лет назад

Man, you obviously prefer slow zooms and IS. You’re not concerned about weight, so why not the 50-140? I just tried to buy two used 55-200 zooms and they were both full of big dust inside. I ended up buying a 50-140.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

I do indeed prefer zooms. They provide more flexibility in my opinion. The 50-140 is a whole lot heavier though (almost 1 kg) than the 55-200 (600g), and it does not provide the same reach. I also do not need the 2.8 aperture. I had no problems with the 55-200 yet. It's a great lens.

• @bitmastermac
      @bitmastermac 6 лет назад +1

Christophe Van Biesen I haven’t seen many of your vids, but I’m guessing you’re a video and tripod guy- not stills or handheld.
      I’m also a recent fuji user (about a month with xr2 and xt20), coming from but not abandoning, Canon. I kept 9 Zeiss primes, a 5d4 and a 70-200 2.8 (the weight of which is why I switched), sold some L and a 5d3. I love the Zeiss primes to much to sell, and maybe canon will give me a reason to keep them. I just got the 50-140 and thought what a lightweight, but yeah, my bag is just a kg more than I’d like. And it’s glued at 2.8. Oh I’m a travel stills guy, previously corporate AR and advert photoguy (since the late 70s).

• @leanporras
    @leanporras 6 лет назад

hi there! new sub here and i'm new to photography. which one would you suggest for wide shots? 12mm samyang or 10-24mm ?

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Hi. I use the 10-24 and can only recommend it. I don't know much about the Samyang 12mm, but I guess that if you are on a budget, it's probably a good choice too.

• @curseknight5
    @curseknight5 6 лет назад

Christophe what is your opinion on the 23mm f2? Many opinions say its not sharp enough

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

I find it very sharp. Don't get distracted by too many technical lens reviews. It's a great lens. ;-)

• @lavernewhite8
      @lavernewhite8 5 лет назад

It sure isn't sharp @f2-4 waste of money if u ask me, spend the extra money & get the 1.4 version

• @grantnewton5705
      @grantnewton5705 5 лет назад

I have read reviews that say it isn’t sharp at f2 at close focus, but otherwise sharp

• @kylechow6072
    @kylechow6072 6 лет назад

which filter holder is that

• @jamesvfx
    @jamesvfx 6 лет назад

How many liters is that Loka bag?

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

I believe it's around 40 liters. Check the F-stop website. ;-)

• @andreaszopp3082
    @andreaszopp3082 6 лет назад

Was für ein Mikrofon benutzt du? für deinen Rekorder ich nehme mal an dass du nicht mit den integrierten Mikrofonen arbeitest.

• @ChristopheVanBiesen

Ich benutze ein Zoom H1 (siehe Link in der Beschreibung des Videos).

• @planetposeidon1361
    @planetposeidon1361 6 лет назад

Hi, I’m new to your channel, I saw you have the 10-24mm for your xt2, would you advice this for vlogging, astrophotography and landscapes?

• @ChristopheVanBiesen
      @ChristopheVanBiesen  6 лет назад +3

Hi there. Welcome to my channel. Glad to have you over.
      I would definitely advise to use a wide angle lens for landscape photography. The 10-24 is a very good option for the Fuji X system. I am not that familiar with astrophotography, but a prime lens might perform better here because of the wider aperture.

• @planetposeidon1361

Christophe Van Biesen Hello! I just subbed, Thanks for the reply, Im new with the mirrorless system and that’s why I wanted to ask from your experience and expertise. I also saw you using some filters and Im deciding which to buy, great shots btw!
      - Ros

• @fotogmike303
      @fotogmike303 6 лет назад +1

I am a new subscriber as welt to answer your question on the 10-24 for astrophotography . You can most def use it what I would recommend doing is multiple shots and stacking them to reduce noise. You can also grab the 16-55 f2.8 which will allow you to lower the iso by 1 stop over the 10-24 or go for the 16 mm 1.4 which would give you even more light 2+ stops over the 10-24. I have personally shot the milky and star trails with the 10-24 and the 16-55 as well for star trails.

• @planetposeidon1361

Fotog Mike Thank you for the advice! Id def look into it! Can’t wait to get these lenses especially the 8-14mm which isn’t out yet till next year!