Why I Love These Photos - Day in The Life Shoot with Fujifilm X-T2

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 1 окт 2024

Комментарии • 55

• @AniTrone
    @AniTrone Год назад +7

You are a fantastic teacher as well, of course photographer. However, the humanity that you can portray in your work is simply breathtaking. What I love is in the ease of listening to how you explain your process which gives me great confidence in learning and continuing to photograph in this style. Truly appreciate the time you take to make and explain the process and your thoughts. This is a wonderful example of how to learn from a great teacher and photographer.

• @kevin_mullins
      @kevin_mullins  Год назад

Thank you, Ani. That's very kind indeed.

• @unsuckfilter
    @unsuckfilter Год назад +8

I love that quote: "a photo doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be important."
    One of the things I'm grateful for was the fact that I managed to be present for all my four kids' birth and took all their photos!

• @jmtphotographymedia
      @jmtphotographymedia 9 месяцев назад

Soopp very true. That's the true magic. A good important photo is priceless, timeless, and ages well.

• @rajeshjantilal9023
    @rajeshjantilal9023 Год назад

Nice one Kevin...Do you use AV or shoot Manual inoors?Cheers.

• @RedBeardASMR
    @RedBeardASMR Год назад

This series of images are incredible. What lens or lens are you using here if you don’t mind me asking? Kind regards

• @elijahcho
    @elijahcho Год назад +1

Bravo! That was a beautiful series of images, and it really demonstrated what you meant by establishing context and storyline. At first the inclusion of the photos of the clock seemed a bit out of nowhere until I realized it was establishing clear segments and progression. Each image also popped out wonderfully, and it's inspiring me to experiment with black and white. Thanks Kevin!

• @michaelschmitt5413
    @michaelschmitt5413 Год назад +1

Nice !!! Always enjoy seeing you images and learning how you do your work. I especially enjoyed that the shoot was done using an X-T2. I don't own any Fuji (or other brand) newer than an X-T2. I don't see the need for anything better.

• @kevin_mullins

X-T2 was and still is a great camera :-)

• @FlorianCortese
    @FlorianCortese Год назад +2

It is wonderful to watch as you walk us through the thought process of each picture and the technical side of the light and composition. I especially appreciate the tip on the spot metering that window series of pictures. This video leaves me lusting for more of these type of videos!! More please!

• @kevin_mullins
      @kevin_mullins  Год назад +1

Thanks, Florian. I'll definitely be doing more like this.

• @omari3655
    @omari3655 Год назад

🍀 *promo sm*

• @videobyredjade
    @videobyredjade Год назад

beautiful.
    i photographed the birth of my daughter and even me cutting her cord. I recommend the experience for all.

• @gally.streetphotography
    @gally.streetphotography Год назад

Wonderful storytelling in these fantastic photos and photofilm. I'm loving these walkthrough videos 👏👏

• @sanïaspiri
    @sanïaspiri Год назад

I am so glad I found your youtube channel. You are such an inspiring photographer!

• @tonycook1532
    @tonycook1532 Год назад +1

Lovely documentary photos Kevin!

• @Stesalti
    @Stesalti Год назад +1

Hi Kevin I bought your entire preset pack by the way. a question what kind of metering do you use for these shots? spot, spot center, matrix? or choose at the moment? thanks if you want to answer me. your photos are incredibly beautiful

• @kevin_mullins

Thanks, Stefano. I use spot metering almost exclusively.

• @Stesalti
      @Stesalti Год назад

@@kevin_mullins ty

• @tarikrobertson
    @tarikrobertson Год назад

The xt2 still my main camera

• @herwarthaug
    @herwarthaug Год назад

Dear Kevin, thank you for sharing these private moments with us. What great photos you have created. I am very impressed. Great compositions, great looks and moments. All in black and white. Very inspiring. I will try that too. (X-T3 + XF 35mm 1.4) Is the preset Delta 800 from you? Thanks again for the great inspiration! cheers ❤ 🙏🏼

• @kevin_mullins

Yes, Delta 800 preset. It's my favourite.

• @DCAMM720
    @DCAMM720 Год назад

I recently sold/traded in my XT2 to get a discount on a lens for my R5....I kind of regret it. I have the XT3 but I have always felt that the XT2 always had a different personality to the way it did it's images.

• @MurrayMcMillan73
    @MurrayMcMillan73 Год назад

Long time no speak mate. Beautiful storytelling as always, I love this series.
    Beautiful work my friend. Love to you, Gemma, and the kids ❤

• @rolf_siggaard
    @rolf_siggaard Год назад

Absolutely brilliant storytelling. Fantastic images. Love the format of your presentation.

• @hmausolf
    @hmausolf Год назад

Simply wonderful.

• @boris.dupont
    @boris.dupont Год назад

Fascinating journey, thanks for sharing, I appreciate it! You understand transmission better than most people and you know what really matters and how to handle it. The outcome, including this video, is just fantastic!

• @kevin_mullins

Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• @bmkq2007
    @bmkq2007 Год назад

Kevin i really adore your imagery and the B&W shots. Fell in love with fuji because it has the retro style yet powerful little camera that i enjoy taking images with it.
    I have shot my two daughters births, photos and videos too. Never been happier that i did that and till this day i have a side bed composite images of my children from the birth til five years. I guess i need to print more and change the frame.

• @kevin_mullins

That's wonderful. Yes, make sure you get prints on the wall 😁

• @zach.hanford
    @zach.hanford Год назад

I remember way back when, you were the person who introduced me to the work of Darcy Padilla. Her work on "Family Love" is still one of the most powerful photo-essays I've ever seen. And I recall you talking about how the emotion in her work and the rawness influenced the way you took photos and what you wanted to create.
    I definitely see her influence throughout the heart and soul of these photos. Beautiful photos of an incredible moment in their lives.

• @kevin_mullins

Thanks, Zach. That's a very kind compliment. And yes, Darcey's book and body of work is just remarkable.

• @NJM1948
    @NJM1948 Год назад

Wow, a very powerful story and what a great album for the family to look back on. Excellent work

• @billjohnstonjr.1037
    @billjohnstonjr.1037 Год назад

These are quite moving, especially as a complete sequence. Thank you.

• @msturi2002
    @msturi2002 Год назад

This is incredibly inspiring. Thank you so much!

• @Pascal15B
    @Pascal15B Год назад

Wonderful seeing the process Kevin.

• @paulbalaresque899
    @paulbalaresque899 Год назад

Great video and storytelling Kevin. 📷

• @markbaigent8373
    @markbaigent8373 Год назад

This video gives a wonderful insight into the empathy in your thought processes.

• @kevin_mullins

Thank you, Mark.

• @markbaigent8373
      @markbaigent8373 Год назад

@@kevin_mullins The more I see of your work the more I am impressed by your photography and humanity.

• @MatthewLiu32
    @MatthewLiu32 Год назад

This is so beautiful!

• @peevonb7070
    @peevonb7070 Год назад

Amazing.