New CPU and UltraBay battery for the ThinkPad T400

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 10 сен 2024
  • I bought some upgrades for my nest free laptop, and in this video we install and test them. Includes full teardown/reassembly footage of the ThinkPad for installing the new CPU.

Комментарии • 52

• @themaritimegirl
    @themaritimegirl  6 лет назад +6

Note: The ThinkPad UltraBay Advanced Battery III was later renamed the ThinkPad Battery 42, before Lenovo discontinued it.
    Also, a PSA: If you haven't, be sure to check out and follow my new Facebook page if you like! facebook.com/themaritimegirl

• @rubenvivaan7030
      @rubenvivaan7030 3 года назад

A tip : you can watch movies on flixzone. Me and my gf have been using it for watching lots of of movies lately.

• @williamjeremias5870
      @williamjeremias5870 3 года назад

@Ruben Vivaan yup, I have been using Flixzone} for years myself :)

• @Lapmu1122
      @Lapmu1122 2 года назад

Laptop Lenovo T400
      Intel core i5
      Windows 10
      (C:)SSD 512GB
      HDD 500GB 🥳👍😎🤗

• @Lapmu1122
      @Lapmu1122 2 года назад

Windows 10
      SSD 512GB
      HDD 500GB

• @klwthe3rd
    @klwthe3rd 4 года назад +6

Not to be disrespectful but you if you check the official service manual for this computer, they offered the T9800 and T9900 as a factory upgrade at time of purchase. It's not like they updated the 10 year old factory service manual so anything printed in that manual would be correct at time of manufacture. The one issue that you forgot to mention is that both the P-series and the T-series CPUs were offered. The T-series was the older architecture which ran hotter and used more battery power. The P-series were more modern and hence ran cooler and used less battery power. The highest level P-series CPU that could be ordered in the T400 was the P9700 which is just about equal with the power of the T9900. I read tons of forums about this comparison and about 80% of the people said the P-series was far superior to the T-series since it was the more modern platform. So i upgraded to the P9700 for about $32.00 and it runs amazing. My battery live did indeed increase and i'm happier that i chose it over the T9900.

• @maheshnaikmaheshnaik6533
      @maheshnaikmaheshnaik6533 3 года назад +1

whwre did you get the p9700 from.In India I cannot import goods from big china.Taiwan O.K., Australia ...all o.k.

• @klwthe3rd
      @klwthe3rd 3 года назад +1

@@maheshnaikmaheshnaik6533 I bought it on Ebay.

• @maheshnaikmaheshnaik6533
      @maheshnaikmaheshnaik6533 3 года назад +1

thanks , iwill get it shipped to a u.S. contact who will ship it me.@@klwthe3rd

• @TheBoredEditor
    @TheBoredEditor 6 лет назад +5

I love how upgradable these thinkpads are. I have a T420 and it still kicks today

• @frogwantsDG
    @frogwantsDG 3 года назад +3

Very helpful! Thanks ! I have managed to change the thermal paste of my t400 and it was great to follow you :)

• @nelizmastr
    @nelizmastr 6 лет назад +4

I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6400 with the same CPU model about 2 years ago, also from a P8400 and with that CPU + a SSD it was so much faster than the brand new Probooks and Latitudes I had to prepare for my colleagues and the customers at the time.

• @JFerguson777
    @JFerguson777 4 года назад

I just picked up a T400 from ebay and I bought the T96 processor based mainly on your video!

• @jerryleigh9272
    @jerryleigh9272 4 года назад +2

Well done! In addition to the off-the-cuff humor and hilarious personal observations, this video was a laffer for me. I loved it! The technical help is great. Bye the bye, I own and operate 16 computers including three "scumbag" Lenovo T400 laptops!

• @ubuntuforever
    @ubuntuforever 6 лет назад +2

Very cool machine. I own a T420 and I love it, but I much prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio. It's so sad that it didn't survive...

• @xahldera
    @xahldera 6 лет назад +1

That part of product documentation always amused me, the massive safety pamphlet that came in a billion languages. Second only to the tiny quick start guide that came in multiple languages. XD

• @KatieTheDev
    @KatieTheDev 3 года назад +4

Subscribed. I love seeing trans people in tech stuff.

• @KatieTheDev
      @KatieTheDev 3 года назад

@themaritimegirl thank you for the ❤️

• @Determinator21
      @Determinator21 2 года назад

He is what?? I'm immediately desubscribing

• @junwhang6293
    @junwhang6293 6 лет назад

Nice Thinkpad! Yes old T400 still has lot of life in them. Only major drawback is T400 is not easily serviceable as some other thinkpads (or Dell E6400 with giant trap door) on the bottom.

• @CDD005
    @CDD005 Год назад

Can I recommend that you please try to mount your camera when filming to keep it stable. The constand shaking makes it hard to watch and causes motion sickness (in many people, myself included).

• @themaritimegirl
      @themaritimegirl  Год назад

My handheld work is quite stable. I'd hate to see you try to watch the millions of other videos that actually do have terrible shakiness, then.

• @magedhanna9566
    @magedhanna9566 5 лет назад

Hi thank you for this video I need you advice i had shut down suddenly to my t400 before that several time i had shutdown and when i switched on it was working gain .before t400 dead i had error for fan . Now i replaced fan and processor but actually it is stilling dead please let me know what should I do?

• @jeffma6811
    @jeffma6811 5 лет назад

I recently upgrade my Lenovo T400 CPU from P8400 to P9600,
    after installation the notebook is running normally but when I
    Check my system it still shown my old CPU P8400. Any advise?
    My OS is Windows 8.1. Thanks

• @themaritimegirl
      @themaritimegirl  5 лет назад

The P9600 isn't one of the supported processors on this. It might work if you upgrade your BIOS, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• @SKYELOVER
    @SKYELOVER 5 лет назад

thankyou for doing the battery test and how to put it in because iv got a Lenovo t400 as well but I don't know what ram mine is but I know that my ram is 4gb but I don't know the number things because I got my laptop from ebay and really don't mind what its running because it runs good for me

• @sergiogonzalez4039
    @sergiogonzalez4039 5 лет назад

is it possible to upgrade Graphics car on the t430s with a graphics card ultrabay 1050gt from Lenovo like the one showcase on the y500?

• @fuentescgabriel
    @fuentescgabriel 6 лет назад +1

Great video!. You should consider clipping your hair while working with electronics to prevent static discharges to the components.

• @integridad7
      @integridad7 4 года назад +1

Where did U purchased the CPU T9600

• @shyn1256
    @shyn1256 6 лет назад

Does the T400 support the i3 core? I want to use this laptop to play the game lol. please help me, i had to google translate

• @bey6807
    @bey6807 6 лет назад

How to install 8gb of ram? tell me all the details pls

• @themaritimegirl
      @themaritimegirl  6 лет назад

Google is your friend. There are tons of guides on how to install RAM in the T400.

• @bey6807
      @bey6807 6 лет назад

Yeah, but I do not understand English perfectly, and there is very little or no information in Spanish, it is very difficult for me to understand the forums

• @themaritimegirl

Try this:
      ruclips.net/video/gyDa5iGvczk/видео.html

• @cotarelo
    @cotarelo 6 лет назад

nice upgrade! thinking about doing it on my 2767 too (I have read even it's possible to upgrade to a quad core with librebios however only linux is supported). How does Windows 10 run? from your video it looks that response is slow (notification area, opening chrome) I have stuck to Windows 8.0 and the machine flies. Also, the guy in ruclips.net/video/i9EtyZZ1pjE/видео.html claims is possible to install a new X9100 penryn processor

• @themaritimegirl

It runs great to me, but I have way lower standards than most people, as I've used older computers my entire life. Normal people would probably find it sluggish.
      Yeah, there are CPUs faster than the T9600 that work, but they cost way more money for the performance you get, so I decided not to bother.

• @numbdropbc
    @numbdropbc 4 года назад

In 2020, the T9900 is about $350

• @SonofSethoitae
      @SonofSethoitae 4 года назад

It isn't though? You can buy them on Ebay for under $100

• @MrJ0mmy
    @MrJ0mmy 6 лет назад

Kool

• @themaritimegirl
      @themaritimegirl  6 лет назад +5

This video went up 2 minutes ago; There's no way you watched it that quickly.

• @Lapmu1122
    @Lapmu1122 2 года назад

Laptop Lenovo t400 cpu Intel core i5 🤗💪👍

• @themaritimegirl
      @themaritimegirl  2 года назад

Not possible.

• @Lapmu1122
      @Lapmu1122 2 года назад

Indonesia
      Laptop Lenovo T400
      Intel core 2 Duo T9550 / CPU 2.66ghz
      Intel core i3 2835M / CPU 2.20ghz