Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station for T440 to T470, L440 to L470, X240 to X270, T540 to T570

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 27 окт 2024

Комментарии • 85

• @LuckyVagabond
    @LuckyVagabond  4 года назад +2

Super cheap on Amazon: amzn.to/2YtdtEo

• @mrhenky42
    @mrhenky42 Год назад +7

Surely the answer for the yellow port came in but in case it didn't here's the answer: The yellow ports on Lenovo Laptops are always powered, meaning you can charge your phone even when the Laptop is turned off. Basically that port turns your pc into a powerbank.

• @sihker
    @sihker 4 года назад +22

First port is USB port, that is used for charging usb devices (phones, mice, battery banks etc) as it is always on.

• @johnnybravo24067
    @johnnybravo24067 6 месяцев назад +2

That first yellow pług is for charging for example your smartphone.I have the same.Its very good practic station I use for my thinkpad T470😊

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  6 месяцев назад +1

Yes, I love these docks. Very reliable. USB-C docks kinda stink.

• @KirnGill
    @KirnGill 2 месяца назад

The yellow port is USB 2.0 but it'll always power connected devices (can be used as a charging port with the laptop off/removed.)

• @user-hj2un8rl2q
    @user-hj2un8rl2q 4 года назад +2

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the video! been looking into getting one of these since I just got an external monitor, keyboard and mouse for my setup and it's a bit of a fuss having to plug and unplug everything all the time. This was video was super useful. Thanks again and take care! :-)

• @grinnazeed
    @grinnazeed Год назад

This sold me on buying an older ThinkPad, thank you...

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  Год назад +1

T450 to T470 laptops are awesome. T440 has a crappy touchpad, so I stay away from those.

• @Redblackhousetome
    @Redblackhousetome 5 лет назад +3

thank you

• @slick0000
    @slick0000 4 года назад +2

Just got one with work but want to run 2 displays and they only come with 1 white and 1 blue cable but there's only one connection each on back of docking station. What do I do? Thanks.

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  4 года назад

Run one monitor with the blue VGA cable and the other monitor with the white DVI cable.

• @nickrog6759
    @nickrog6759 5 лет назад +1

Very helpful video , thanks .

• @orhancemal2442
    @orhancemal2442 7 месяцев назад +1

thanks...

• @lucaswins6334
    @lucaswins6334 6 месяцев назад

But it's not completely safe... If a stranger wants to take it, can disconnect the cables and take the notebook along with the dock?

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  5 месяцев назад

Yup, that's right, but you'd have to risk damaging the laptop to forcefully remove the dock. Also, the dock can be bolted to your desk.

• @lucaswins6334
      @lucaswins6334 5 месяцев назад

@@LuckyVagabond I understood. Thanks for the answer. I didn't know you could screw it to the table. Does this fixing the dock to the table need to drill a hole?

• @herrbartels
    @herrbartels 4 года назад +1

hi, nice vid. can you tell me whether this fits with the Thinkpad W540, too?

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  4 года назад +1

Yes, but you'll need at least a 135w power adapter to power the dock and laptop.

• @herrbartels
      @herrbartels 4 года назад +1

Lucky Vagabond i have the original power adapter of the laptop. would that be sufficient?

• @LuckyVagabond

How many watts is it? You'll need enough power for both the laptop and docking station.

• @hunter371
    @hunter371 3 года назад

Is there a part of the video where you actually turn it on?

• @nickrog6759
    @nickrog6759 5 лет назад +2

Question : this is a dock plus a display replicator , what type of graphics card unit is inside this dock ?

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  5 лет назад +1

Hey Rick, I don't think it has a graphics card, just an adapter to the various display outputs.

• @nickrog6759
      @nickrog6759 5 лет назад

@@LuckyVagabond Thanks for the answer . Sometimes docks are upgradable , by the looks of it , it might have been able to house a mini PCie board inside .

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  5 лет назад

Interesting, I didn't know that. I'll have to investigate. Thanks!

• @mtuli_ps
    @mtuli_ps 4 года назад +3

Hi, I've bought a similar dock, the Lenovo ThinkPad 40A2, for mi T540p Thinkpad, but after three months of use I realized that my Thinkpad is overheating. I presume this is due to the left side of the Dockstation blocking the cooling fan outlet. I'm really not sure if it's a problem because of the design of the dockstation or something is wrong with mine. Did happenned something similar to you? If anyone has any comments or recommendations regarding this problem, it would be helpful.

• @LuckyVagabond

Hello, we have hundreds of these docking stations deployed and have never run into an overheating issue. However, we only use T4xx laptops. I believe your T540p should have exhaust vents along the back as well as along the left side, so the small block by the dock should be insignificant. Have you checked to see if you have a BIOS update? That may solve the cooling problem. Also, check to make sure your vents aren't clogged with dust.

• @mtuli_ps
      @mtuli_ps 4 года назад +1

@@LuckyVagabond Ok, I'll check that out. Thank you for the quick response :D

• @ondrahajny4952
      @ondrahajny4952 4 года назад

@@mtuli_ps Hey man, can I ask you if you solved the overheating? I came across the same problem with my x250 and I'm wondering how to solve it cause I don't think the problem is with the laptop. Thanks in advance.

• @wagdc218
      @wagdc218 3 года назад

I use with my x260, i have same problem.

• @Unixgreybeard
      @Unixgreybeard 2 года назад +1

@@ondrahajny4952 Try blowing out the exhaust ports using a can of compressed air, sometimes they can get clogged with dust, pet hair, etc. Can't hurt.

• @taknaydamo8664
    @taknaydamo8664 Год назад

Can you use the 45w laptop charger or do you need to buy a 90w charger? I have a T440. Thanks

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  Год назад

You can use the 45W charger.

• @johnnybravo24067
      @johnnybravo24067 6 месяцев назад

No 45W is not enough power! You need to use 90W minimum

• @rakistangpinoy4745
    @rakistangpinoy4745 4 года назад +1

so you don't need a separate power supply for the dock if your laptop has a power supply?

• @LuckyVagabond

The dock should have come with a 90w power adapter, but a 65w power adapter will work also. A 45w power adapter will not work. The power adapter plugs into the dock and then your laptop gets powered by the dock, no need for two power adapters.

• @rakistangpinoy4745
      @rakistangpinoy4745 4 года назад

@@LuckyVagabond I found this dock but without a power supply. I'm wondering if someone got a laptop with a power supply, it might be useful for someone?

• @LuckyVagabond

Yes, if they have a 65w or 90w adapter, they can power the dock with their laptop adapter. Both the dock and laptop use the same plug type.

• @rakistangpinoy4745
      @rakistangpinoy4745 4 года назад

@@LuckyVagabond and then the laptop chargers via the dock? So you don't actually need 2 AC adapters. Thanks Lucky.

• @LuckyVagabond

Correct. The laptop will charge through the dock. The power adapter needs to be a 65w or 90w for that to work.

• @AngelMendoza-bp5gh
    @AngelMendoza-bp5gh 3 года назад +1

obstructs ventilation?

• @Unixgreybeard
      @Unixgreybeard 2 года назад

Not that I've noticed with T460s, but YMMV.

• @maennemen774
    @maennemen774 3 года назад +1

Does the fan on the left side run, when the notebook is connected to the dock???

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  3 года назад +1

Sometimes when the laptop is under load, but not all the time.

• @maennemen774
      @maennemen774 3 года назад

@@LuckyVagabond thx,bro!

• @Chr1ShawnKPD
    @Chr1ShawnKPD 4 года назад +1

Is this something I could keep my laptop on for hours on end?

• @LuckyVagabond

Yes, I keep mine on it all the time. It will charge the laptop also.

• @JohnnyRambo69
    @JohnnyRambo69 Год назад

Hello, is this dock is working without the key?

• @LuckyVagabond
      @LuckyVagabond  Год назад

Yes, as long as it's unlocked, you don't need the key.

• @yusranseptyana7428
    @yusranseptyana7428 4 года назад +1

Support thinkpad x240?

• @hairlinehd
    @hairlinehd 4 года назад +1

does it work on the lenovo t450?

• @sarahheath2816
    @sarahheath2816 3 года назад

but how do you plug your laptop into it?

• @Unixgreybeard
      @Unixgreybeard 2 года назад

There's a port on the bottom, you slide the laptop into the docking station and it attaches to the port. It works but it's a PITA, newer models use USB-C/thunderbolt 3 port now so you can just plug in a cable (it's less fidgety). T470s appears to have both.

• @rashadnosseir1266
    @rashadnosseir1266 Год назад

Does It work with thinkpad t470s

• @fairusithnin4752
    @fairusithnin4752 4 года назад +1

port at laptop while docking at station can be use or not?

• @LuckyVagabond

Which port are you asking about? The back left corner of the laptop is blocked by the docking station.

• @fairusithnin4752
      @fairusithnin4752 4 года назад

@@LuckyVagabond right corner? like hdmi port

• @fairusithnin4752

plan to use 2 hdmi port for monitor (1 at docking, 1 at laptop)...it is possible?

• @fairusithnin4752

btw my laptop t460

• @LuckyVagabond

Hey Fairus, take a look at the video I posted for you: ruclips.net/video/J710hTWgsmE/видео.html

• @gregbellinger5765
    @gregbellinger5765 2 года назад

Practice outloud before videoing. Good camera work.

• @a.satyanarayanamurthy9825
    @a.satyanarayanamurthy9825 2 года назад

No HDMI port

• @a.satyanarayanamurthy9825
    @a.satyanarayanamurthy9825 2 года назад

On the laptop

• @lxm3960
    @lxm3960 2 года назад

"I think that's power too" xDDD