• Stephanie Klang gives us a tour of the CFI Viper Red Kenworth T680
  • Авто/МотоАвто/Мото

Комментарии • 115

• @dominickschnider3961
    @dominickschnider3961 3 года назад +5

I like how she teaches going through every detail really nice

• @kelli1970
    @kelli1970 Год назад

Such a beautiful truck with nice windows & door in sleeper berth. Kenworth trucks are the absolute best!

• @timinman7019
    @timinman7019 3 года назад +2

That was a fascinating presentation. Very informative.

• @doug9066
    @doug9066 4 года назад +10

Blind spot monitor built in as cars have. Nice truck inside & out. Less wear & tear on your legs or knees not having to double clutch.

• @dillonjohn3976
      @dillonjohn3976 3 года назад

I would still prefer the manual transmission

• @poroniec
      @poroniec 2 года назад +1

I only use the clutch when I'm starting out, otherwise I'm floating.

• @jacob5014
      @jacob5014 2 года назад +1

No-one use double clutch on a 18-speed. You float the gear.

• @hongzhang6768
    @hongzhang6768 4 года назад +1

GREAT TOUR, THANK YOU!

• @DaveG7920
    @DaveG7920 4 года назад +35

So no APU, no fridge and you have to buy straps, snow chains and locks etc for a company truck?
    People wonder why they cant get good drivers

• @JASONHJEFFERSON
      @JASONHJEFFERSON 4 года назад +4

buy my own chains for a company truck i dont think so and they dont even have the smart wheel with the cruise and radio controls or a cat walk

• @michaelyonts9286
      @michaelyonts9286 4 года назад +10

You don't pay for any company required equipment you pay a deposit on all tire chains pad locks brooms nail pullers etc that's refunded if you ever leave the company so they don't lose $500 on a disgruntled employee

• @noob.168
      @noob.168 3 года назад +3

@@michaelyonts9286 that makes sense

• @johnweitl8012
      @johnweitl8012 3 года назад +1

@@michaelyonts9286 thank you for explaining this to people lol...I’m loosing my mind over these comments

• @azeemtics6613
      @azeemtics6613 3 года назад +2

at least it's better than buying a truck

• @ehmiller61
    @ehmiller61 5 лет назад +3

Very nice truck. Great tour.

• @grezjoseph6257
    @grezjoseph6257 Год назад

A View from the UK. Very nice show.

• @muzicplyr111
    @muzicplyr111 3 года назад +1

thank you for the tour

• @tonipettus3968
    @tonipettus3968 Год назад

Oh and she did a wonderful job at describing the truck 🛻

• @G13MomCat
    @G13MomCat 5 лет назад +2

Nice tour; thank you~~! Tell Big Scott we said hello, if you would... TYSM~!

• @gatekeeper11000
    @gatekeeper11000 5 лет назад +2

Great video!!!!

• @expediterfromgeorgia7981
    @expediterfromgeorgia7981 5 лет назад +3

Received my conditional job offer yesterday with CFI. Can’t wait to get to driving for them. I should be able to start after the 10th of next month. So excited to get started. Can’t wait

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

Forrest Brown Hows that going 9 months later?

• @franckyaugust9508
      @franckyaugust9508 4 года назад

donziperk not so good😂

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

francky august Sorry to hear that.
      Over the years I found working for smaller companies gave a guy more say.
      The last ten years I worked for guy that was great. The owners wife and daughter worked the office. The owner was always available to talk to and the dispatcher was a career driver. Absolutely the best job I ever had. Lots of freedom and respect.
      We had 6 tractors and 30 trailers.

• @expediterfromgeorgia7981
      @expediterfromgeorgia7981 4 года назад +1

donziperk I never was hired on to drive OTR because of FMCSA restrictions.. I got a job driving a trash truck locally in my hometown.

• @priscillatrejo29
      @priscillatrejo29 2 года назад

@@expediterfromgeorgia7981 what were the requirements or what did they ask for

• @johnmarshall4442
    @johnmarshall4442 2 года назад

Thanks !

• @loupetrucci5147
    @loupetrucci5147 3 года назад

How does the touch pad work with load schedule, time in and time out, etc.

• @howardburnham4249
    @howardburnham4249 3 года назад

Good job

• @michaelrains2268
    @michaelrains2268 3 года назад +1

How does CFI feel about manual mode if needed ect...mountain driving? Thanks in advance

• @darrinkulyk9560
    @darrinkulyk9560 3 года назад +4

Nice Vid 🙂 I Run 18Sp.

• @indrajunaidi1155
    @indrajunaidi1155 2 года назад

👍i like the t860

• @allwork_noplay
    @allwork_noplay Год назад

Do you get to bring the truck home?

• @vonbassett142
    @vonbassett142 Год назад

How do I order a fridge and microwave to fit in those compartments??

• @midlifetrucker-thombell4722
    @midlifetrucker-thombell4722 3 года назад +2

Didn’t even get the smart wheel to control cruise and radio?

• @DFJ1997
    @DFJ1997 Год назад

Now, what about the Johnson bar?

• @JohnnyRebKy
    @JohnnyRebKy 2 года назад

Are all the trucks Kenworths? Also can you take the truck home for time off? I want to go back to trucking but I need the ability to live in my truck awhile. I’m selling my house and going debt free.

• @MrRld1960
    @MrRld1960 5 лет назад +5

Got pretty red trucks, that are Plain-Jane. YOU have to buy chains for THEIR trucks. No Apu, but they say they want the driver to be comfortable. The driver will have to breath that good clean air from the grass-burner exhaust.

• @nothingfancy8103
    @nothingfancy8103 4 года назад +2

Buy your own chains really
    Was considering going to drive for CFI glad I learned this before I committed if they can't outfit there trucks can only imagine other small ways they put the squeeze on the driver

• @johnweitl8012
      @johnweitl8012 3 года назад +1

They do it so they don’t loose out on supplies on a new driver that can’t make the cut or steals company materials. CFI is not a bad company to work for at all.

• @johnweitl8012
      @johnweitl8012 3 года назад

*also when you leave the company your reimbursed for the cost of any materials related to work (hence the “buy the first set of chains”)

• @HOMELANDERFEELS
    @HOMELANDERFEELS 2 года назад

I'm 17, how would I get a job driving got cfi?

• @caseydoss9659
    @caseydoss9659 Год назад

um my name is casey s doss im just checking this video out for this truck i absulaity love this truck this my only truck i will drive in my opion but anyway im thinking about going with cfi i already talked to my recruiter vince he seems to be nice guy right me soon maam from this video ?

• @josephthompson6702
    @josephthompson6702 5 лет назад +2

Those trucks are very nice

• @GuessWho1
    @GuessWho1 3 года назад +1

12:35 I know it helps at night when you are trying to find a trailer. Lol

• @joshuamack342
      @joshuamack342 3 года назад +1

You would think she would know that.

• @pimped721
    @pimped721 4 года назад

I was hoping to see a little about the sleeper controls. As a CFI trainee, we are taught most of the stuff covered in the video. Once we have our own truck, we figure out there is a whole dashboard inside the sleeper that we have never seen. Most of the stuff I can figure out, but not all. She did great just scored a little low on her CFI DOT test.

• @HotBoxTrucking
    @HotBoxTrucking 3 года назад +2

im already a tool bag so looks like i wont be needing one of those!!!

• @ajsbrushworksllc8348
    @ajsbrushworksllc8348 2 года назад +2

So for the truckers, whats it like to go from manual 13 or 18 gears to now automatic trucks? As a truck fan, man i like hearing the trucks run through the gears. Plus, i think there was more skill having to manuevr and shift. Less talented drivers nowadays. In my opinion.

• @TheAlchemistDavid
      @TheAlchemistDavid 2 года назад

Fo sho! These AMT’s (automated Manual Transmission) are wack. Excuse me, automated manual transmission?

• @michaelwenman2348
    @michaelwenman2348 5 лет назад +7

too bad no APU's :(

• @TheAlchemistDavid
    @TheAlchemistDavid 2 года назад

I didn’t see an APU. Did she forget to mention the APU or worse it doesn’t have one? I want to believe that it does have one. And also I think she meant the Owner ops to purchase chains and stuff, not company drivers, right?

• @jessieblake5949
      @jessieblake5949 2 года назад

Just got hired on to cfi company drivers pay for there own chains and gear that they force u to buy and pay for or u can't get hired. No apu no fridge.

• @SerBarristanSelmy1
    @SerBarristanSelmy1 3 года назад

so do you still learn how to shift gears tho just to have as a truck driver when at CFI

• @dillonjohn3976
      @dillonjohn3976 3 года назад

If you don’t test in a manual you get a restricted cdl allowing only automatic transmission

• @robertgardner4508
      @robertgardner4508 2 года назад

@@dillonjohn3976 Yup, it will say on your CDL manual or not. CFI does not teach on manual with their program I do not believe (I could be wrong on that) but this is why I prefer to go to school is because I get the manual endorsement since they teach on it 9 time out of 10.

• @rickynewton72
    @rickynewton72 4 года назад +2

Did she say we have to pay for chains?

• @michaelyonts9286
      @michaelyonts9286 4 года назад

You don't pay for any company required equipment you pay a deposit on all tire chains pad locks brooms nail pullers etc that's refunded if you ever leave the company

• @changeibc9599
    @changeibc9599 7 месяцев назад

Make sure you tell people if they work for you guys they will sit sometimes 4 days a week .

• @tonipettus3968
    @tonipettus3968 Год назад

No APU’s ? How does the driver stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter? Temperature control is essential for comfort and a good nights rest.

• @WayneKerr69420
      @WayneKerr69420 11 месяцев назад

The newer ones have APU's correct or am I wrong?

• @emiliovalenti2723
    @emiliovalenti2723 3 года назад

Is this truck a 13-speed or 7-speed transmission?

• @robertgardner4508
      @robertgardner4508 2 года назад +1

They have the newer eaton ultrashift so it's either 13 or 18 speed. Most likely a 13 is my guess.

• @Roger_Cope
      @Roger_Cope 2 года назад

12 gears + reverse

• @chachycolon723
    @chachycolon723 5 лет назад +4

nice!!

• @bblaser420
    @bblaser420 3 года назад +4

No apu? I guess that's a good way to never have to pay fuel bonuses to drivers. Kind of a deal breaker.

• @a1driver982
      @a1driver982 3 года назад

Truck also shuts down after 5 minutes of idle time.

• @luislaurencio
      @luislaurencio 3 года назад

@@a1driver982 so how do you keep the ac running? Or a tv or something for more than 5 min without running the battery

• @bruciebruce32
      @bruciebruce32 2 года назад

@@luislaurencio that’s the neat part. You don’t.

• @rudyavila327
    @rudyavila327 2 года назад

Let me find out I'm doing more shifting with an automatic trans, than a manual 😆

• @vaguefilms
    @vaguefilms 3 года назад +2

I prefer Dave's tour video

• @jay-bamje9381
    @jay-bamje9381 2 года назад +1

Am in Africa "UGANDA" in particular, but i would love to join the winning team in Logistics and the best truck company in the whole wide USA. Am a truck driver here in Uganda, i drive a 2008 MAN truck. Am passionate about driving trucks, as a matter of fact truck driving is my hobby. Am a fast learner en a dedicated driver, hard working, and adventurous, i would love to really be apart of this amazin company. LONG LIVE {CFI}, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.

• @shakinitupwithshanah7866
    @shakinitupwithshanah7866 5 лет назад +6

I just saw a video that CFI secretly records your conversations the entire time you are in their trucks. Total invasion of privacy because they don’t tell the drivers that. Has anyone seen or heard that also? And no APU? What the heck?

• @CFIdrive
      @CFIdrive  4 года назад +7

The audio works just like the forward facing camera, it does not save an event for viewing (or listening) unless there is a trigger for hard braking, following too close, speeding or lane management issues. When a saved event occurs there are 20 seconds of audio that goes along with the video. NO CONTINUOUS video or audio is received; only events trigger a saved recorded event.

• @SirFoodie1904
      @SirFoodie1904 3 года назад +6

Speaking from a former 1.2 million miler with CFI/Conway Truckload/XPO/ back to CFI again now part of Transforce base in Canada, the company is or was a descent company to drive for in compares to the previous company I drove for CRST. I was terminated by CFI because the Safety Department wanted to show me that they have the power over the drivers myself was no exception. When I received a warning from The State of Washington DOT because I had on a Bluetooth on both of my ears,the officer said if I have just one Bluetooth on my left ear only he would not given me a warning . The Safety Department lady said to me that I should’ve asked the DOT to issue me a citation instead of a warning, because the warnings means it goes against the company. If I get a ticket I could fight the ticket myself, but she reprimanded me because the company’s policies stated that it must be a hands free. I tried to tell her that it was hands free since it’s a Bluetooth wireless. She said “Technically it’s not hands free!” So I said to her I read the employee manual and stated that it’s a hands free device are allowed but the State of Washington does allows hands free devices but it can only be on the left side only so that drivers can hear emergency vehicles and sounds from the other ear. So I asked her if that was the case then a CB radio is not hands free because drivers has to reach out and hold the button to talk. Instead of taking that into consideration she she said “I’m the Safety Manager here I know the law and rules!” She proceeded to reprimand me. I was very upset so I spoke to the Director of Safety, several days later I received a call from the Safety Manager lady in her words” You went above a chain of commands and I was informed by my boss to delete the reprimanded forms that I gave you!” I told her that it wasn’t personal but I would like it off my files because it could harm me when I do decide to drive for other companies. Than two years later, I was terminated for urinating on the side of road because another driver saw me urinating on the side of the road. But I must say it was a blessing for me because if it hadn’t happened I would never be able to start my own trucking company. So if you are that Safety lady reads this comments I would like to thank you for terminating me. I now own 9 trucks and 7 OTR drivers.

• @dismoptism5541
      @dismoptism5541 2 года назад +1

So just a thought... driving a giant commercial vehicle that can easily end up killing other people on the road if you make a mistake, I'd say it's not that far off from the way we think of airline pilots. If my loved one was killed in an air crash I'd want the industry to find out exactly what happened that caused it, and stop it from ever happening again. I'd feel exactly the same if they were killed by a semi truck. If, as per @We Drive CFI post here, the recording only runs the last 20 seconds together with a dash cam, much like an airplane black box does, then I'd say it's absolutely justified and frankly necessary. If that recording can be remotely accessed by, let's say the HR team, at any time just for the purpose of reprimanding a driver for wrong speak, then no it's absolutely unfair and tyrannical.

• @craddock1972
    @craddock1972 5 лет назад

So ,y no cat walks behind cab on trucks ?

• @michaelyonts9286

Don't need a cat walk the trailer comes up to about 5 feet from the tractor

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

michael yonts What are you the company troll?

• @michaelyonts9286

@@donziperk what was I trolling about?

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

michael yonts sorry that wasn’t for you. Don’t know how I screwed that up.🙄

• @michaelyonts9286

@@donziperk no problem

• @michaelrains2268
    @michaelrains2268 3 года назад

Apu ? Didn't hear anything about that ,also what about pet policy bringing a dog with you.

• @robertgardner4508
      @robertgardner4508 2 года назад

They have 1500watt inverters. No APU's. pretty nice company but bare minimum trucks as expected for a company vehicle.

• @Roger_Cope
      @Roger_Cope 2 года назад

$200-250 pet deposit, $175 permit for family members. Chains and other stuff are a deposit you get refunded if you dont damage or lose them.

• @user-iy9lj3mx2u
    @user-iy9lj3mx2u 4 месяца назад

I use to work for the company for 5 year good company and nices truck in my 5 year i drow manual , automatic new truck but i like more the automatic truck manualy i dont like thad one dont fell safe 👍

• @thomaskirkpatrick4031
    @thomaskirkpatrick4031 5 лет назад +24

Typical stripped company truck. Nothing but the bare minimum.

• @twsinc7662
    @twsinc7662 3 года назад +1

Typical big company fleet truck. Stripped down and make the driver provide everything their going to need. And you wonder why there’s a shortage of drivers.

• @RickyCoyote
    @RickyCoyote 4 года назад +3

An automatic transmission...great. That way you can feel very comfortable with one leg up on the dash while watching RUclips videos on your IPAD and cruising at 65mph in the left lane. ( .25mph faster than the truck in the right lane. )
    Who cares about driving the truck when all you have to do is steer it...reactively of course. #laneassist #adaptivecruisecontrol #canyouatleastactlikeyourepayingattentiontowhatyouredoing 🙄

• @bigjohn2048
    @bigjohn2048 Год назад

The side door on the sleeper is for loading fat girls !!!!

• @joelsutkare9492
    @joelsutkare9492 3 года назад +1

stef, will you marry me, lol

• @WoodBilly53
    @WoodBilly53 5 лет назад +8

Automatic is trash manual is real trucking

• @marcusthomas207
      @marcusthomas207 4 года назад

I agree lol

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

Jason Vanderwarf Couldn’t pay me enough to drive an automatic in the mountains.

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 4 года назад

Andre king Anyone who is capable of shifting a manual.

• @oceanairbrush
      @oceanairbrush 3 года назад +1

Manuals are old and outdated. The auto is smarter than you are and shifts better than you do every time. Hence the reason they get better mileage and better clutch life than manuals.

• @BigBlockCheese
      @BigBlockCheese 3 года назад

Tbh auto is trash, Automated is where it’s at. They feel like a manual, don’t have to shift, don’t worry about clutching and breaking anything. I don’t like shifting 13 gears with 40 tons so.

• @brandongrosse5440
    @brandongrosse5440 2 года назад

T680 what a pile I drove one for 2 years never want to see another one

• @donziperk
    @donziperk 4 года назад

Ok you lost me at buy your own chains. Are you serious? Do I have to buy my own fuel to?
    This part I like. You don’t have to put your chains on just carry them. Wow thats cool, when I get a snow covered mountain pass someone is going to put my chains on for me. NOT!
    Run don’t walk away from a job offer at this outfit.

• @timoshi119
      @timoshi119 3 года назад +1

Way I was taught was if the conditions of the road are bad enough for chains,its time to stop somewhere and shut down

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 3 года назад

@@timoshi119 Well if thats the case then nothing would ever get moved where I live.
      Perhaps if you don’t want to chain up its time to look at a new profession.

• @timoshi119
      @timoshi119 3 года назад

@@donziperk Also my first company had another policy that you couldnt put on your chains and had to wait for someone to put them on for you,and as far as snowy mountains and passes we would drop the trailer at the bottom and a separate compamy they paid would shunt the trailer over to the other side and another driver from my company would pick it up to take it the rest of the way

• @timoshi119
      @timoshi119 3 года назад

@@donziperk If you were caught putting the chains on your truck that we legally had to carry it was an automatic termination

• @donziperk
      @donziperk 3 года назад

@@timoshi119 I don’t even know what to say about that. In Canada you wouldn’t even get hired. Apparently those companies want no more than steering wheel attendants. It pathetic what is called a professional driver now. Maybe you should watch some videos of driving through the Rockies and Coast mountain of British Columbia Canada and get a taste of what a real driver is capable of.

• @ChrisSmith-st8of
    @ChrisSmith-st8of 2 года назад

What a joke