• @franciscodetonne4797
    @franciscodetonne4797 Год назад +135

The line wobble kills me.

• @3grouch
      @3grouch Год назад +8

Lol you ever seen Dr Katz professional therapist

• @bendover-bz4bc
      @bendover-bz4bc Год назад

Can you explain what's line wobble? I'm new to this digital art thing and looking for devices to start sketching

• @Mikey-jv5fv
      @Mikey-jv5fv Год назад +5

@@bendover-bz4bc it’s literally the way the line comes out squiggly while using this particular tablet. Usually with good equipment and the right apps the lines you draw will be a lot more smooth and straight.

• @migfus-codes
      @migfus-codes Год назад +3

​@@bendover-bz4bc When the sensor is not high resolution enough it will cause wobbles. Same as display, the higher pixels the more expensive to make.

• @bentate6894
      @bentate6894 9 месяцев назад

Can a different pen fix the line wobble?

• @c0llateral192
    @c0llateral192 Год назад +42

Hey Brad! It's been a while since you made a top 10 android apps for drawing, and since then many things have updated! You should make one of these!

• @faizanmajid5830
      @faizanmajid5830 Год назад +2

yesss please

• @thebradcolbow
      @thebradcolbow  Год назад +27

SO true. I think Krita came out like 2 months after I made that video. I need to go back!

• @NatalieRath
      @NatalieRath Год назад +2

​@Brad Colbow HiPaint too. Hehe

• @ExultantTJ
      @ExultantTJ Год назад

​@@thebradcolbow Don't forget the concepts app this time. XD

• @uncaringbear
    @uncaringbear Год назад +20

I see the Tab S6 Lite often recommended, and I concur. I just wish stores like BestBuy would stick to selling the 2022 version only. It's way too hard for buyers to ensure that they're getting the newer version of the tablet and the staff usually have no clue. Another budget tablet worth considering for drawing is the Lenovo M10. The only caveat is that the pen is extra and adds significantly to the total price.

• @brianng8350
      @brianng8350 Год назад

I bought the older version last year but with bigger storage (my 2nd S6 Lite). I still think it is worth it for drawing and media. I don’t play games and I might suffer in the future with updates and stuff. But at this point, it is still a bargain if you find it at a good price 2020 or 2022 version.

• @Z_3D
      @Z_3D Год назад

Order it online for pick up don't trust anyone in there to know anything. They once sold me a phone that didn't work with my provider after "confirming" it did and they wanted to charge me for returning it.

• @TheTruthKiwi
      @TheTruthKiwi Год назад

​@@brianng8350 I picked one up not long ago used for $95 before I realized there were 2 versions. I was a bit annoyed but for $95 it was a steal so I'm not too worried. A few reviewers have said the differences in speed aren't even noticeable or are hardly noticeable anyway. It would be nice getting those couple more years of updates though. Fingers crossed they are feeling generous and update the 2020 version as well. Won't be holding my breath though.

• @brianng8350
      @brianng8350 Год назад

@@TheTruthKiwi That is a sweet deal. You got a tablet with a stylus rather than just a dumb Apple pencil for the same amount... hahaha... It really depends on what you use it for. I am not a power user. I draw and surf the web and RUclips -nothing too taxing. For most part, there is no big issues.

• @TheTruthKiwi
      @TheTruthKiwi Год назад

@@brianng8350 For sure. I just use it for RUclips, email, home automation, viewing security cameras and playing music and it's perfect. Just like with the phones I think the flagship devices are overkill for most people and the mid-range ones are perfectly adequate.

• @PillowHyena
    @PillowHyena Год назад +14

Had tried drawing on a tablet bought new for around $30 dollars (i live in Brazil, it was a Multilaser tablet) and the thing wasn't even capable of opening a drawing app. It's the best paperweight ever tho

• @TheobaldLeonhart
    @TheobaldLeonhart Год назад +10

I'd say "just crank the stabilizer up". But, I don't think any stabilizer/smoothing, will fix those lines

• @JH-pe3ro
    @JH-pe3ro 10 месяцев назад

I happened to see this Reubens tablet listed the other day, but I've ordered the parts for something much more silly, which is the XP-Pen Artist 10 I have lying around unused, plugged into a Raspberry Pi, each with its own USB battery pack. The whole rig will be mounted in a 2" 3-ring binder using velcro stickers, and the keyboard, pen, any additional accessories and cables are clipped into the binder rings with a pencil pouch.
    In total, the BOM on this project has exceeded a Tab S6 Lite, but I ordered the parts alongside a VEIKK S640 to have a shootout between the "tablet cyberdeck" and "the cheapest Android-capable drawing tablet", which would just use my phone. I actually suspect that I will prefer the experience with the phone, going by what happens when I tested an XP-Pen Deco G430S. That tablet doesn't actually support Android but it does give an impression of what it would be like.

• @ajwalker4416
    @ajwalker4416 Год назад +1

I took your advice some time ago and waited to grab a Samsung Tab S7 FE from Amazon. Yes, I paid a little more but all of upgrades were worth it and it was around the $325 price point. All of the upgrades were certainly worth the extra $100.

• @thebradcolbow
      @thebradcolbow  Год назад +3

That's a really good price for a screen that size!

• @ajwalker4416
      @ajwalker4416 Год назад

@@thebradcolbow Refurb is my friend 😏🤫

• @alucrasher27
    @alucrasher27 Год назад +1

Interesting to see professional work being done on a low end device like this. There are plenty of good value options for sure, but the issues with the pen here are definitely a dealbreaker.

• @musingsofmessa
    @musingsofmessa Год назад +9

Those line wobbles, lol.
    Have you ever reviewed the SimbansPicasso Tab? It's another Android tablet.
    It's the one I use for my art. :D Been using it for a while now. The lines don't wobble, and the cursor shows up when you draw (showing the pen isn't misaligned). It also comes with a screen protector preinstalled (I think).

• @vlapisw
      @vlapisw Месяц назад +1

Yo, any follow up review on it ? A lot of people complained that it stopped working after a few months to a year.

• @musingsofmessa
      @musingsofmessa Месяц назад

@vlapisw My Simbans PicassoTAB is still going strong, I think. I haven't used it for art recently since I decided to go on hiatus for a while. The charger hasn't held up too well. Some days, it takes a full 13 hours to charge.

• @vlapisw
      @vlapisw Месяц назад +1

@@musingsofmessa thank you

• @anasevi9456
    @anasevi9456 Год назад +2

Remember testing before returning one of the first Yivnova drawing displays a decade ago.. Unlike the featured tablet: it had a decent digitiser. Wobble and accuracy was more than manageable even if you had to recharge pens. But TN is useless for drawing displays. That is what made me return it and shuffle back to my then old Cintiq 12WX. Why did I try an early Yinova drawing display in 2012? they were a lot smaller, lighter, a similar resolution to my Cintiq, and dirt cheap. Knew something was there though, That's why eventually went Huion in 2019 and not looked back since.

• @vagrantclown
      @vagrantclown Год назад

I have a yiynova!! I just wish the company still existed because the pen is busted 😅 they’re really good

• @vagrantclown
      @vagrantclown Год назад

Granted my yiynova is a newer ish model and a really big one-but I see what you’re saying

• @Dream2animate
    @Dream2animate Год назад +3

Please one plus pad drawing review.. 🥺🥺🥺

• @artofodify
    @artofodify Год назад +1

try advan sketsa 2, an indonesian phone companies, it's $160 but surprisingly it's a pretty good drawing experience for it's price, and little bit better than rubens

• @bnpray2279
    @bnpray2279 Год назад +1

now i appreciate my ipad 6 even more lol i'm thinking for an upgrade but nah it still doing its job well enough

• @seewardone
    @seewardone Год назад +1

In HiPaint did you have the stabilizer on? I'm still using and LOVING my S6 lite, it really is the best 👌

• @benjamina6915
    @benjamina6915 Год назад +1

Lenovo M10 plus with pen can be purchased cheaper over here, well under €200 on sale and is a way more solid tablet. Most RUclipsrs seem to ignore Lenovo (yes, they don't give away many review units, that's why), but their tablets and 2-in-1 laptops are very solid and their pens are solid.

• @NekzLvL
      @NekzLvL Год назад +1

Chromebook 300e 2nd Gen sounds promising

• @benjamina6915
      @benjamina6915 Год назад

​@@NekzLvLlow resolution and 2 cores only? No, thanks. Different beast, not an android tablet. For $300 there are better options.
      I recently bought a refurbished Lenovo P11+ tablet with Active Pen 3. 11" 2k resolution, 8 cores and 128Gb storage. Wacom AES 2 pen, 4096 pressure levels and tilt support. Runs on Android 12, which is fine with me. Paid less than $150. It's very nice in day to day usage and the drawing experience is very close to my Galaxy Tab with S-Pen.

• @NekzLvL
      @NekzLvL Год назад

@@benjamina6915 how can I compare with chromebook plus? Can it be used as a drawing tablet? I don't care about productivity and gaming

• @benjamina6915
      @benjamina6915 Год назад

@@NekzLvL a Chromebook could be used for drawing if the pen is good, but an android tablet is a better option for drawing.

• @NekzLvL
      @NekzLvL Год назад

@@benjamina6915 ok ill get my hand on one that i can afforf

• @corsinivideos
    @corsinivideos Год назад

Actually better than I expected

• @John-u5y
    @John-u5y Месяц назад

Thanks for a nice review.🤓

• @SonnyBurnett2012
    @SonnyBurnett2012 Год назад +1

Hey brad! When you say drawing with a tablet, you think in 300 dpi files or do you always draw using low res or screen resolutions?
    For my experience using a chromebook, the best software for android at 300 dpi file is ibis paint.
    Thx in advance

• @repeekyraidcero
    @repeekyraidcero Год назад

0:50 Ibis ! :-)
    Cute lil tab.
    But I've gotten used to my 12" Android tab.

• @lads.7715
    @lads.7715 Год назад +1

You can prob get a used AIR 3, w a laminated screen and less lag, for less than $200 now and run practically anything on it, .

• @harshbarj
    @harshbarj Год назад +2

I love how for the first 3 minutes he keeps talking about the drawing experience, all while ignoring the line wobble.

• @AbrahamSayago
      @AbrahamSayago Год назад +1

And after those three minutes, he immediately addresses the issue. You should try watch the whole video next time.

• @kaishenboku
    @kaishenboku Год назад

Sort of off topic, I miss the Brad with a jetpack. Back to topic, technology has advanced so much that this level of performance would be totally insane when flat screen pen displays started. But, for 2023, it probably is too rough around the edges.

• @christiandavidbare6953
    @christiandavidbare6953 Год назад

Hello Brad. Hoping for your full review of Hipaint 😊

• @akiwantstea6058
    @akiwantstea6058 Год назад

Just bought a S6 lite on Amazon renewed for $150 in good condition (the 2020 version) i guess thats a good price? I know everyones saying go for the '22 version but i hoping its still gonna work fine for basic drawing needs.

• @CesarVelazquez-h7u
    @CesarVelazquez-h7u 2 месяца назад

I bought and it’s great if you just starting like me😂👍 I really recommend it

• @DragonGamerzRP
    @DragonGamerzRP Год назад +2

Big Fan Sir

• @andrestapia6255
    @andrestapia6255 Год назад

This really looks like the PicassoTab and seems to be similarly priced but that the Picasso one seems to not have a lot of wobble, i would like to see a review of it, i think they have an xl version

• @DanPaulusMagic
    @DanPaulusMagic Год назад

Will you be reviewing Google's new tablet? I'd love to see it from an artist viewpoint.

• @oswros
    @oswros Год назад

Hi Brad. Are you planning to review the Xencelabs' Pen Display? That would be great! Saludos, desde Venezuela.

• @thebradcolbow
      @thebradcolbow  Год назад

Yep, just got one into my studio this week!

• @oswros
      @oswros Год назад

@@thebradcolbow Great!

• @sadev101
    @sadev101 Год назад

for that money get a huion kamvas 13 and hook up to phone.. or a tab 6 lite for a little more. the line wobble is the deal breaker

• @Manhwa_Verse11
    @Manhwa_Verse11 Год назад

Hey brad !! Can you tell me how can I start learning animation from beginning ??

• @jahmez4791
    @jahmez4791 Год назад

Have you tried out the Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus (3rd Gen)?
    Edit: with one of their pens that it supports

• @crystalbh1043
    @crystalbh1043 Год назад

Try simbans Picasso tab I use it

• @ichheidochso2720
    @ichheidochso2720 Год назад

Which glove do you use? And does it help for palm rejection?

• @fablewalls
      @fablewalls Год назад

Seriously... don't put any money down on this tablet.

• @Mr.Monster1313
    @Mr.Monster1313 Год назад

I have a samsung tab a7 tablet...im having trouble trying to figure out what drawing pen to use for it ????? Which works best?

• @kiddoxoxo88
    @kiddoxoxo88 Год назад +1

before purchasing any tablets, 1st make sure you have the talent. If not, even the most expensive tab or ipad won't do any good to you.

• @tbray
    @tbray Год назад

Would other pens work with it? I know that Samsung tablets use Wacom technology but that there are also third party pens that work with it. Is this a possibility?

• @SimonBauer7
      @SimonBauer7 Год назад +1

could be using wacom aes but a crap implememtation of it with horrible wobble.

• @FallenLeafGames
    @FallenLeafGames Год назад +3

Wow, I think I have never seen a pen with so much jitter. What tech are they using? Even a decade old tablets were better.

• @Artofizanagi
    @Artofizanagi Год назад +2

The bezels Omg lol hell no 😂 I'll gladly sacrifice myself n cough up a lil bit more cash and get me a samsung one.

• @waterup380
    @waterup380 Год назад

you still hitting on that 5 gallon pail

• @SwordfighterRed
    @SwordfighterRed Год назад

Mmm. Real shame. I don't suppose any other styli/S-Pens/what-have you would work better on it? Does it even use the same EMR tech? Still wouldn't make it worth it over the S6 Lite, but I have to wonder where the problem really lies.

• @MaiElizabeth
    @MaiElizabeth Год назад

Honestly at the beginning I thought you were intentionally draw the line wobbly.

• @cammiluna
    @cammiluna Год назад

Would the S pen work on this display?

• @inisipisTV
    @inisipisTV Год назад

Answer: YES.... yes, you can. Terribly, but you can.

• @arefinniloy
    @arefinniloy Год назад

which app u r using for drawing here?

• @azertinos
    @azertinos Год назад

Please review Lenovo tab p11 gen2

• @SimonBauer7
    @SimonBauer7 Год назад

considering you can get actually good tablets for that price like an old tab s6 non lite. or an s6 lite. or a lenovo tab p11 plus. even 30 bucks more can get you a device thats three times better. things like this gives Android tablets a bad reputation.

• @shaimaaelshamy2149
    @shaimaaelshamy2149 Год назад

What is the application that you're drawing with??

• @RossNerdyScotsman
    @RossNerdyScotsman Год назад

isn't ipads 10th generation not laminated

• @kngkunaat
    @kngkunaat Год назад

Isnt the S6 Lite cheaper and better?

• @RossNerdyScotsman

isn't there budget tablet called parblo that can draw decently

• @theinktician
      @theinktician Год назад

thats a drawing tablet, not a "tablet"

• @RossNerdyScotsman

@@theinktician no they have a 10 inch android tablet

• @RossNerdyScotsman

@@theinktician nvm it was simbans pecasso tablet i was thinking off

• @Slinky100
    @Slinky100 Год назад

The *wobble* is so much to eyes

• @ZontSozont
    @ZontSozont Год назад

Better take cheap display tablet like huion or xp pen

• @scribblingjoe
    @scribblingjoe Год назад

Yikes! That line jitter though.

• @brianng8350
    @brianng8350 Год назад

Disappointed. Always out looking for cheap tablet and stylus.
    How would this compare to a regular tablet but with a separate active/battery powered stylus? Those are not as good as tablet that comes with stylus, but they can be reasonably good with a much better price point.

• @gwennz1
    @gwennz1 Год назад +2

I got a refurbished s6 lite for the same price so don’t waste your money

• @alfabro
    @alfabro Год назад

We are waiting for xencelabs 24

• @chaosordeal294
    @chaosordeal294 Год назад

I suspect that you're blaming the pen for issues with the slate's processor, and the (OS?) software logic that converts pen input into lines, but, yeah, this pen/tablet's drawing performance in not something I would pay even $50 for.

• @theinktician
    @theinktician Год назад

NO! Just get a used/refurbished Galaxy Tab S4 or S6 Lite LOL

• @vavi_
    @vavi_ Год назад

These lines shake better than my girlfriend

• @sadev101
    @sadev101 Год назад

getting seasick from linewobble lol

• @nnamdiozo
    @nnamdiozo Год назад

Still using my samsung tab s4. 😂

• @baofusan2669
    @baofusan2669 Год назад

You can draw even on toilet paper, like Boichi , only what you need is desire to do it

• @VektorVirus
    @VektorVirus Год назад

Not the cheapest android tablet. I didn't expect a clickbait title from this guy. But 'the game' makes you do unsavory things

• @Letsknowsome1
    @Letsknowsome1 Год назад +1

Hello sir , my name is Omar Tarek from Egypt. I am a student and I would like to work alongside my studies. I am skilled in writing and can write about anything. Additionally, I am familiar with translation services in any language, marketing, and can handle administrative tasks such as responding to customers and clients. I am confident in my ability to complete any online tasks you may require from me in Egypt. I am reaching out to you because the current circumstances are difficult and there are no job opportunities available, and the pay is very low. I would greatly appreciate any online work you may have for me. Thank you very much for your kindness, and I am confident that you are a generous person who can provide me with any support I may need. If you require any guarantees, I am at your service. I am hopeful for the generosity of God and for your kindness. Thank you.

• @mohamedali-wm4sz
    @mohamedali-wm4sz Год назад

this wobbly lines will disappear if u use disc tip or rubber tip stylus . don't use digitizer pens

• @fablewalls
      @fablewalls Год назад

Or maybe use the edge of the tablet on a piece of paper and draw lines with a real pencil. That's about all this tablet is good for

• @mohamedali-wm4sz
      @mohamedali-wm4sz Год назад

@@fablewalls much better