How to professionally fit campervan windows to a VW Transporter T5 or T6.

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 17 июл 2017
  • A detailed video guide on how to fit after market tinted windows to your VW T5 or T6 camper van. Mike, from Kiravans, takes you through the whole process step-by-step & uses a variety of cutting tools to show the differences.
    View our range of Campervan Windows: www.kiravans.co.uk/pages/our-...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Need help choosing the ideal item? Check our product reviews below!
    Sequoia Table Leg System for Campervans
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GFLf...
    Dometic CRX 50 12volt Campervan Compressor Fridge
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8oa...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KEEPING UP WITH KIRAVANS
    INSTAGRAM : / . .
    FACEBOOK: / kiravansuk

Комментарии • 262

• @Fabbydabbydoozy
    @Fabbydabbydoozy 3 года назад +46

I love these videos. They're crystal clear and straight to the point. No lifestyle nonsense. No terminally groovy music. No hoodie wearing flutes with oversized baseball caps high fiving the camera that I have to skip past to get to the actual information. 10/10

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад +4

Thanks for the lovely feedback. It's always great to hear such positive feedback. Thank you :)

• @AdamBrzezicki
    @AdamBrzezicki Месяц назад +1

The best video on YT how to fit campervan windows and very professional. Thank you.

• @pedestriandiversion4021
    @pedestriandiversion4021 3 года назад +22

Echoing other comments, it must be said: you are a fantastic instructor (as well as workman). Thanks for this video - much appreciated.

• @nomadcarpenter8549
    @nomadcarpenter8549 5 лет назад +32

This is by far the best and most comprehensive window fitting video I've found. It has answered many of the questions I had about the nuances of the process. Thank you for posting it.

• @Ron_Dainger
    @Ron_Dainger 4 года назад

Excellent video,. I watched it twice then got into beast mode and fitted mine. No problems. Thanks very much!

• @jezzboi5892
    @jezzboi5892 7 лет назад

Excellent level of workmanship 👍🏻spot on.

• @daryllewis9487
    @daryllewis9487 3 года назад

Best video for the beginner to fit bonded window's in van I have found, loads of information,. I fitted four bonded window's in my mk8 transit and have never done it before, it went very well. This video is excellent

• @jameseastwood4984
    @jameseastwood4984 Год назад

Makes such a visual difference adding the glass. Great film, it's on of those seemingly simple jobs that has a few more steps to it than you might expect!

• @nesslakefolk6345
    @nesslakefolk6345 4 года назад +10

The definitive tutorial! Thank You so much

• @alunowen9288
    @alunowen9288 4 года назад +1

Actually considering doing the windows myself now. What an awesome video

• @NomaddUK
    @NomaddUK 6 лет назад

Great, detailed description and clearly explained in each step. Subbed and liked. Many thanks. Looking forward to more videos.

• @kevinsonkevin3634
    @kevinsonkevin3634 3 года назад +8

I've just completed the fitting of 2 windows to my VW caddy and if there's one bit of advice I can give it is to have a good caulk applicator. Even when warm the bonding goop is tough to squeeze out and I have to say that after about 10% of the job all strength had already left my hands and I had to just dig deep and press on. My applicator was possibly the cheapest one available so do yourself a favour and spend a few quid on a good one.

• @fitumchtv
    @fitumchtv 2 года назад

by far the best and most comprehensive videos i have watched, and i have watched a LOT :).... very professional and its excatly how i'll be doing my windows, thankyou

• @Cytokinemusicforthefuture
    @Cytokinemusicforthefuture Год назад

Really excellent video - as already said, no lifestyle nonsense and annoying music! - much appreciated.

• @benjirich
    @benjirich 6 лет назад +28

Great video- it really helped with my Nissan Primastar (Vivaro / Trafic) install. Thank you!
    A few extra tips I noted:
    1. I watched the video above several times and made notes of every step- having these notes printed made referral easy and it really helped ensure every stage was followed correctly.
    2. DEFINITELY HAVE A SECOND PAIR OF HANDS UNLESS YOU ARE VERY CONFIDENT AT FITTING BONDED WINDOWS. If you are that confident / skilled- you probably aren't watching this video!
    3. My Primastar had 2x ribs/struts that needed removing for door side window.
    4. A disc cutter, holesaw and jigsaw worked well- fast / neat. I had to remove the base of the jigsaw (and use it like a mini reciprocating saw) as I only had short blades which were otherwise not long enough.
    5. I used a metal file to flatten the odd section and remove burs before finishing off with emery cloth.
    6. On my van the gap between the 2 'skins' of metal work was quite pronounced in places so in addition to flattening down where the struts were removed, I also had to go round with a block of soft wood and a hammer, beating them together.
    7. When applying the adhesive/sealant you REALLY do want to be as consistent as possible- slow and steady is the key. You don't want wavy lines but a continuous straight line of equal thickness. Any gaps WILL leak water. WORTH GETTING RIGHT!!
    8. We gaffer taped the window in place and also stuck some cardboard packers underneath to ensure it didn't drop. However, I've now got gaffer tape residue to remove (even after just 24 hours)! I've heard WD40 works well...
    I'm a real amateur when it comes to this sort of thing but my friend is fairly handy and confident and had previously done the window on his own Vivaro. Having all the tools / equipment out first and without rushing it took us about 3- 3.5 hours. I think anyone attempting this for the first time should allow half a day+.
    Take your time and enjoy it!

• @barry-cq4xg
      @barry-cq4xg 3 года назад +3

You sound like a very professional amateur to me.

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  2 года назад +1

Some fantastic first hand knowledge tips there, thanks for sharing. 👍🏻

• @davidwolkovitz4284
      @davidwolkovitz4284 2 года назад +1

Thank you for this info! I was wondering about the gaffer tape residue as well. My girlfriend and I are mounting 2 windows to our VW for the first time and boy am I scared! I was wondering why he didn't stress the point about the adhesive that HAS to be very consistent. You're looking at worst scenario here where your window is leaking. However, this video was very thorough!

• @DelSanchezIII
      @DelSanchezIII 2 месяца назад

Gaffer tape residue - or any sticker residue - can easily be cleaned off with meths!

• @buster9647
    @buster9647 6 лет назад

Fantastic video really helped me to do my own windows. I have saved alot of money 👍

• @yano777
    @yano777 2 года назад

Seriously, this video is packed FULL with what I was looking for. Even muted, with subtitles and jungle music on my headphones. Cheers

• @kiravans5874

Thanks for the great comment....glad you're enjoying the videos, good luck with your build 😀

• @WeLikeGoPro
    @WeLikeGoPro Год назад +1

Best window installation video I've seen. Very detailed and clear! Thank you.

• @DubiousEngineering
    @DubiousEngineering 5 лет назад +2

Great work and a very educational and useful video for our new project!!! Thanks!!!

• @garryjenkins8039
    @garryjenkins8039 6 лет назад

Brilliant presentation extremely clear and concise

• @tl50camiva
    @tl50camiva 4 года назад

An excellent video, thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience.

• @AcfLavertyy
    @AcfLavertyy 3 года назад

Thankyou very much for making such a professional and detailed video

• @davyp2993
    @davyp2993 8 месяцев назад

Thanks for the upload.
    I watched your video before attempting to fit a window into the sliding door of my transit hightop.
    I also watched a few more videos, but your video saved me a lot of heartache.
    It's only a little thing, but you suggested, after cutting the hole and fitting black strip to the hold the window up to the van, to see if the window and van aligned.
    No other video on RUclips said this and one guy fell foul of this, and ended up having to remove the window afterwards.
    I had three sides good, but the front of the door did not match the curve of the glass, and with the strength of the pillar I could not alter the van to fit the glass.
    Being the guy I am, I added a second run of sealant thicker than the rest down the front, the same way as you did at the corners.
    SUCCESS.
    you are a hero.!

• @samstorton8763
      @samstorton8763 8 месяцев назад

Thanks for taking the time to leave this message. I'm glad you found our video helpful. It's always lovely to hear back from happy customers :) Thanks

• @melnorman722
    @melnorman722 3 года назад

Superb instructional video ,clear and calm, thanks

• @davelee9791
    @davelee9791 6 лет назад

Excellent presentation and very easy to follow....👍👍

• @TheMrjonnyc
    @TheMrjonnyc 2 года назад

Best video Ive seen for fitting bonded glass windows to any van. I put 4 windows in a renault master van and found the step by step guidelines easy to follow. Thanks. John

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  2 года назад

Thanks for thr feedback John, glad the video was of some help.

• @davestalker
    @davestalker 5 лет назад

Great video. Techniques described with high degree of competence and the minimum of waffle. :)

• @gzquersh
    @gzquersh 2 года назад

Spot on. Perfect video. Instructive! Score 10 of 10

• @darrenkehoe9971
    @darrenkehoe9971 5 лет назад

Brilliant vid, very well explained thanks!

• @scopex2749
    @scopex2749 Год назад

As usual superbly informative thank you. Ive just bought my rear side door and the drivers side rear window - this weekend IS THE DAY its time to cut holes in a perfectly good van.......wish me luck Im an aircraft engineer so pretty used to cutting holes in things - bought myself a used professional power shears thats been used for ONE van! Bargain. These guys are DEFINTELY the best in the conversion business!

• @MrAmarok86
    @MrAmarok86 6 лет назад

Дуже все файно зроблено. Видно зразу що або спеціаліст, або просто дуже скрупульозний(точний, акуратний) чоловік.

• @corradoeaton
    @corradoeaton 6 лет назад +1

Brilliant video , installed two windows on my vivaro yesterday everything went very smoothly thanks to you guys , I used the hole saw and reciprocating method as those were the tools I had worked perfectly .

• @Am-hf3yr
      @Am-hf3yr 3 года назад

Did you fit the rubber trim over both skins of the van or just over the inner one?

• @corradoeaton
      @corradoeaton 3 года назад +1

@@Am-hf3yr I cannot actually remember bud , sorry man :(

• @danielhanney3326
    @danielhanney3326 2 года назад

I really enjoyed this video, compared with other ones seen on RUclips..I like the detailed instructions, everything seems to get covered, and nothing missed, I hope to fit an extra window soon, and will use your helpful tips to do a good job, thanks.

• @kiravans5874

Thanks for the kind words Daniel, good luck with your project.

• @lyndonlondon
    @lyndonlondon 6 лет назад

You make it look easy, well done...

• @jpro747
    @jpro747 5 лет назад +3

Good video, used it to fit my side windows today. One thing I will add is make sure you pierce a large hole in the window bonding tube otherwise it makes it very difficult to push out with the gun.

• @ozosborne9716
    @ozosborne9716 4 года назад +4

I'm doing this now on my 2nd van and this is the first vid iv watched on this. My god Did I use way way to mutch adhesive last time lol.

• @olrenison
    @olrenison 5 лет назад

Brilliant video and explanation thanks.👍

• @AOTechWorx
    @AOTechWorx 6 лет назад +13

Good job. Good presentation!

• @privat2550
    @privat2550 3 года назад

Big thank you for all the tipps :-)

• @carlsmith5817
    @carlsmith5817 6 лет назад

excellent video, well presented, thanks

• @chrizelot
    @chrizelot 2 года назад

Best video by to install theese windows BY FAR! Thanks a lot!

• @kiravans5874

Thanks very much! Very happy it was helpful for you

• @volkerbosch9078
    @volkerbosch9078 5 лет назад

Very good work. Thank you 👍🏻

• @hendersonjp
    @hendersonjp 7 лет назад +2

Ace job thanks for sharing.

• @mrstrong5695
    @mrstrong5695 4 года назад

That was superb, thanks.

• @user-ox2mm3ec1n
    @user-ox2mm3ec1n 10 дней назад

great video with good content thanks for sharing 👍

• @RedBatteryHead
    @RedBatteryHead Год назад +1

Best video on window fitting. All the practical details to know 👌

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  Год назад +1

Thank you for the nice feed back its greatly appreciated 👍

• @RedBatteryHead
      @RedBatteryHead Год назад

@@kiravans5874 just seen your EU web shop. Also great. Gonna order some goodies.

• @heriwongblitarnengcanberra4188

Nice job, Thanks mate to sharing the video👍

• @dannymacarthur13
    @dannymacarthur13 3 года назад +1

Very clear and helpful video. Thanks. I will contact Kiravans to order my windows.

• @A1RW0LF
    @A1RW0LF 2 года назад

Brilliant educational video, lots of great Hints & Tips, Feeling more confident, Cheers.

• @David-ju5ci
    @David-ju5ci 5 лет назад

5 Star presentation.

• @u3962521
    @u3962521 4 года назад

Fantastic video.

• @kiteboardkid
    @kiteboardkid 6 месяцев назад

Very professional. Thank you.

• @leahcleire
    @leahcleire Год назад

Great video, just installed a window on a t5.
    Echoing other comments get decent caulk gun. Mu boyfriend and I had to take turns squeezing the gun.
    The duct tape we used damaged the paintwork - which isn't too bad for us as its already wrecked, but something to be mindful of.

• @glyn829
    @glyn829 9 месяцев назад

Very good thanks the best explanation by far

• @ClarkeeClarkee
    @ClarkeeClarkee 5 лет назад +1

Amazing vid. How would I clean the bonding off the glass if it wasn’t aligned properly when the window was originally put on?

• @chawkiyahyaoui4408
    @chawkiyahyaoui4408 3 года назад

Merci beaucoup pour votre démonstration de démontage et montage de la Tunisie que je fais cette commentaire 👍

• @janbissinger2978
    @janbissinger2978 3 года назад +1

Just brilliant thanks

• @Ghaz-66
    @Ghaz-66 6 лет назад +6

Just installed my own window, and this video was very helpful! Thank you! Although I will say 2 hours to fit is very unlikely for non-professional - took me and my father 8 hours lol

• @dabbaduddadei8858
    @dabbaduddadei8858 4 года назад +1

When you cut out the sheet you can use tape to fix it instead of the suction cups so you have both hands to hold your grinder

• @davidwood8820
    @davidwood8820 3 года назад

Thank you for this, any many other informative videos. I actually found that cutting from the inside using a jigsaw, with the foot removed worked the best. Just core out each corner and follow the internal reveal as a guide. You do have to keep tight hold of the jigsaw though to prevent it jumping!

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад

Your very welcome and thank you for sharing your tips also, all information and feedback helps others with their journeys :)

• @spam-uh4hr
      @spam-uh4hr 2 месяца назад

This is exactly what i did when i installed my windows - blasted straight through the bracing rib too !
      Helps to have a cordless jigsaw with new 'branded' jigsaw blade with Fine teeth designed for the job.

• @josephcronin5331
    @josephcronin5331 11 месяцев назад

Thanks for the video!

• @rachidtadaout6013
    @rachidtadaout6013 3 месяца назад

Good work ❤💪👏👏👏👏

• @aburaeese
    @aburaeese 6 лет назад

Thank you.

• @Senna-xi1gr
    @Senna-xi1gr 17 дней назад

Professional thanks👍🏆

• @sacredinstrumentals1360
    @sacredinstrumentals1360 3 года назад +1

very good video , thanks

• @colinjosephsant5042
    @colinjosephsant5042 Год назад

Excellent very well presented

• @bretb8799
    @bretb8799 5 лет назад +1

Professional!

• @johnwildwest1
    @johnwildwest1 6 лет назад

fine work bud

• @echlinwright
    @echlinwright 4 года назад

great video

• @kieronscott3366
    @kieronscott3366 4 года назад

Brilliant video. What size hole saw did you use? Thanks

• @neckybliss1
    @neckybliss1 4 года назад +2

Great video, what size hole saw do you recommend?

• @djangle67
    @djangle67 3 года назад +1

Very helpful video can I ask what size of hole saw bit do you use for the corners?
    Thanks

• @stevewhiteley3364
    @stevewhiteley3364 4 года назад

so so good vid .Thank you

• @toy578
    @toy578 2 года назад

DOUBLE LIKE !!

• @jochemdeboer3880
    @jochemdeboer3880 2 года назад

Thanks for the instructions! I installed the windows last evening, and sadly today I can see daylight come through the whole bottom side and lower sides. Luckily the top seems to be sealed tight, and after putting the hose on, no water comes in.
    Besides aesthetics, is there any argument against filling the edge with sealant from the inside?

• @aritzs6141
    @aritzs6141 6 лет назад

good work!
    could you tellme how thick the panel is? how many milimeters has my power shear to cut? it can only cut 1.2mm steel thick. will work?
    regards.
    Aritz

• @Slimsomerville
    @Slimsomerville 2 года назад

Nice job

• @eddieoneill2395
    @eddieoneill2395 3 года назад

Very good

• @harrymccabe6458
    @harrymccabe6458 2 года назад

hey mate!!
    would you suggest going genuine sliding windows or aftermarket ones for my t6.1?
    im not sure on what to get
    I like the idea of it being flush

• @Steve-ob2zg
    @Steve-ob2zg 2 года назад

I had a real tough time squeezing out the adhesive even after warming it. I applied too much adhesive tbh as some squished out all over the top and I spent forever cleaning it off, but then it started to cure before I could clean it all off. I also applied too much primer, on a tailgate the gap is really thin top and bottom after applying the rubber, so the dabber almost puts it on too thick. The tape I used also let the weight of the window somehow pull it down 😩 Is there any advice to remove visible primer or excess adhesive? Many thanks.

• @Chris-op2hd
    @Chris-op2hd 3 года назад

Great video, thank you! It's a bit chilly outside, what sort of temperature do you need to ensure the adhesive bonds correctly? Can you get around this by putting the adhesive tube in warm water or should I wait until the weather improves? Thank you

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад +1

It's best to keep the adhesive tubes indoors so that they are at room temp before applying - it makes it much easier to use. The product is 'moisture curing', so temperature doesn't make as big a difference as humidity. A cold, damp day is better than a cold day with low humidity.

• @AT-eq7dy
    @AT-eq7dy 3 года назад

Great video, thanks. Other than the shape of the cutout, is there anything different to consider for a trafic? Also, I don't have a workshop, is there a minimum outside temperature to do this in (it's supposed to snow today, so I'm assuming that's way to cold).

• @kiravans5874

I haven't put windows in a Trafic before but I believe it is the same process. The window adhesive is moisture curing, rather than temperature dependent. so it would take longer to go off if humidity is low - this may be the case on very cold dry days.

• @peterwilkinson8428
    @peterwilkinson8428 3 года назад

Great, informative video, but I am going to take my time and take all day.............one window, but thanks, great info

• @kiravans5874

Thanks Peter - take all day and enjoy the process! It's not the sort of thing you'll do very often :)

• @davidburns5027
    @davidburns5027 4 года назад +2

Excellent video - I’m suddenly not apprehensive about the process at all!

• @Tim_Ventures
    @Tim_Ventures 2 года назад +1

When is it best to carpet? Could you cut the metal out, carpet and then fit the window?

• @SoundDirtyHouse
    @SoundDirtyHouse 4 года назад

Thank you for this best Tuto i’m looking for your windows kit vw t5 swb EU but soldout at this time do you know when you will receive this product again ?
    Thanks

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  4 года назад

Cheers for the question. We've just had a delivery of windows in the last few days, so this kit should be available to buy on the website by Friday. Best thing to do is to check the website each day :)

• @greggan100
    @greggan100 3 года назад

il be installing side windows this week. Your video has been very clear and help full and seems best easiest method.
    just quick question, wont bonding leak in side being so closed to trim? This is only thing am worried about. Cheers

• @kiravans5874

As long as you don't use more than shown you'll be fine, the trim actually helps to push the bonding adhesive outwards away from the edge.

• @greggan100
      @greggan100 3 года назад

@@kiravans5874 thanks for reply, i fitted them yesterday. Followed your steps and worked out perfect👌👍 thanks for the video brilliant 👍

• @TheGameIsUp1984
    @TheGameIsUp1984 Год назад

Hi from Australia...hoping you could assist with queries...I have purchased two SWB Rear 3/4 windows for my T6...I am most certain they are the ones you sell in size and function...one is a slider and the other a fake...i traced the slider opening to the side of my van and it does not appear to follow the inner single skin...the front forward section crosses over to the double skin...your presentation mostly details cutting out for mid-slider window...for the rear 3/4 did you have to cut into/through double skins...? Also, do you recommend a weep/breather hole with the sealend at the bottom of the fake window...? TIA

• @ladislavhorak5375
    @ladislavhorak5375 2 года назад

Hello, I must first praise the precision of the work, then I have a question about the protective rubber that you will use after cutting to the edge of the sheet. I could beg a dimension or some reference. Thank you

• @kiravans5874

Hi, thank you for your feedback. The trim we use is as seen on this link and so offers details of the dimensions we use here: www.kiravans.co.uk/products/u-profile-window-edge-trim-black-per-metre - hope this helps.

• @Djpedla
    @Djpedla 5 лет назад

Can you use a standard hole saw for the corners or does it need to be one for metal work only?

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  5 лет назад +1

The hole saw required is usually described as 'Bi-Metal'. It will cut through most things, including steel. Just don't try to go through too quickly or it will over-heat.

• @wonkydogleathercraft6698
    @wonkydogleathercraft6698 3 года назад

Great video and you made it look easy........i'm still not doing my own though! Ha Ha!!!!!

• @kiravans5874

Thanks 🤣 it's not for everybody. Sometimes it is worth paying a professional to do it.

• @russellparker4568
    @russellparker4568 Год назад

Ive got two things that i feel are very important that need mentioning. When i did my t5.1 windows the edge that you knock the trim onto was a very different shape to the glass and needed a lot of knocking with a mallet to get it to the correct shape to sit flush. I would advise to have someone on the outside lifting the glass to and from the opening as you hammer the van body from the inside. This will save a huge amount of time over going in and out trying to remember where its not touching correctly, removing the glass/re taping it up etc. Also, and this is a big one, DO NOT push on the bottom edge of the glass, just let it bed itself. If you push the bottom the margin is much smaller than the sides and the top and the bond will come out all along the bottom of the glass and its an absolute swine to get off the van body. Hope this helps someone.

• @zu1875lu
      @zu1875lu 11 месяцев назад

Yes thx for help Russel. I'm very nervous doing this in next few weeks but its got to be done so.....

• @russellparker4568
      @russellparker4568 11 месяцев назад

@@zu1875lu Its not that bad. Just have a good file to flatten the cut edges and try to cover as much of the van as possible as metal filings end up everywhere, im still picking the odd bit out of my carpet in the back.

• @iambenmills
    @iambenmills Месяц назад

What size drill saw did you use?

• @Thiterest1
    @Thiterest1 Год назад

The air saw is the best tool, you just trace a straight line over the reinforcing pillar and then cut out inside the second metal skin, you can buy a erbauer air saw for £60

• @nuessi97
    @nuessi97 3 года назад

I saw that you also offer the adhesive in a primerless variant, which is a bit cheaper and apparently easier to use. So is there any advatage in using the primer version?

• @kiravans5874

Linus, Professional window fitters have very fixed opinions on which is best (for either option!) so we provide both for those who have a strong preference either way. Either will work and whichever one I recommend to you will bring someone in with a contradictory argument. Hope this helps.

• @garysimpson7185
    @garysimpson7185 2 года назад

Hi just bought 6 windows from you guys - 2 barn doors went in today - the hardest bit was mastic - are you supposed to cut off the long piece of the applicator so the V touches the body work. What mastic gun did you is use it seemed effortless

• @kiravans5874

Hello
      Thank you for your message. Typical caulking guns run from a low of a 3:1 thrust ratio up to a high of an 18:1 thrust ratio. - Dual component epoxies, polyurethanes, and construction adhesives all require high ratio guns with anywhere from 18:1 to 26:1 thrust ratios. The V should be visible with the guide line on the left. It is harder if the product is cold.

• @stevebennett6727
    @stevebennett6727 2 года назад

You’ve made a meal of cutting that out. Use the centre punch method as T5 Sam used. Far far easier than your effort sorry to say guys 👍🏼

• @1bikerb0y
    @1bikerb0y 3 года назад

Great video... I have a question about the edge trim. I will be cladding the inside of my van and making a window frame so I won't see the cut edge from the inside.. Do I still need to use the trim?

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад +2

No, you don't need to use the edge trim if you won't see the cut edge inside. In fact, this will make it easier to get a nice flush fit for your windows, when looking from the outside.

• @1bikerb0y
      @1bikerb0y 3 года назад

@@kiravans5874 thanks for the reply... My window looks great. The video was super helpful and gave me the confidence to do it without worrying. Thanks 😊

• @carlwilliams7452
    @carlwilliams7452 4 года назад

Do you ever have bond press out beyond the barn door windows? There isn't much space between the "U" trim and the edge along the bottom and outer side of the van.

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  4 года назад

Yes, it is possible. Care needs to be taken not to apply too much adhesive and to keep the bead as close to the knock on edge trim as possible. If you do get some pressing out it can be removed usually by using a 'workshop hand wipe' and a narrow tool or matchstick. This needs to be done immediately though.

• @grahambeaumont4047
    @grahambeaumont4047 3 года назад

What do we class as non stretch tape for holding the windows up? Looks like electrical tape but i think that has a bit of give in it. Any ideas?

• @kiravans5874

It's just decent quality masking tape or gaffer tape. We used quality masking tape. If you use gaffer tape then it's obviously stronger but it just leaves a bit of sticky residue sometimes which needs some elbow grease to clean off afterwards.