Stage 1 cleaning the intercooler on my 2 5tdi VW T4

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 13 сен 2024
  • When it comes to servicing your vehicle everyone ignores doing this.
    So in this episode I remove the intercooler from my VW T4 2.5tdi caravelle, and start the process of cleaning it. This should help with cooling the air from the turbo back to the intake. I straighten the bent fins, some are showing signs of corrosion, I then used brake cleaner and air compressor to clear out all the bugs, stones, and debris.
    Next time I will clean the internals of the intercooler.
    If you enjoy my content or find my content helpful you can donate to help support and fund more videos in the future, you can do this via my paypal paypal.me/Twig... or maybe just buy me a coffee by clicking the super thanks heart which shows you directly supporting the channel Twiggs T4
    You can find me here
    / twiggs_t4
    / twiggst4
    / twiggst4
    Thanks for watching
    Due to factors beyond the control of Twiggs T4, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. Twiggs T4 assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this video at your own risk. Twiggs T4 recommends safe practices when working on vehicles and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Twiggs T4, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Twiggs T4.

Комментарии • 10

• @benvickerstaff2126
    @benvickerstaff2126 Год назад +1

Great stuff. Cleaned intercooler and Egr this morning. Next job is the pesky drivers door loom on one of your other videos. Keep up the great work

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  Год назад

Awesome 👏
      I do not like wires, but these jobs meet be done, good luck with the door loom 🤙

• @mcjjordan
    @mcjjordan 2 года назад +1

Back on the tools 👍

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  2 года назад

Was good to get on with bits 🤙

• @tonydalton6756
    @tonydalton6756 2 года назад +1

Mine was like an old ashtray when I first did this job. Full of white aluminum oxide.

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  2 года назад +1

I had a few patches where oxidation took place but wasn’t too bad, mainly small stones, dead bugs and other debris. How often do you clean yours, I’m thinking I should do it at every service interval

• @tonydalton6756
      @tonydalton6756 2 года назад +1

@@TwiggsT4 I've only done it twice in 13 years but the first time it was almost blocked up. You're right that most people don't think about it. I really only did it because it looked manky but was surprised how much crap came out.

• @amyclarke891
    @amyclarke891 6 месяцев назад

Hi, any idea what size the rubber cotton reel mounts are for the intercooler? I need to replace mine. thanks

• @garryheritage520
    @garryheritage520 2 года назад +1

your t4 front end looks beater than mine at the min as i had a fender benderlol

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  2 года назад

Oh no hopefully a cheap fix for you fingers crossed