Fuji's Great Travel Lens: Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 Review on the X-T5

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 24 сен 2024
  • Check out my review of the Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 lens on the X-T5! Discover Fuji's special little lens and find out why it's a must-have for your travel photography.
    Gear I use, US links:
    - Fujifilm 23mm f2 WR: amzn.to/3Mj6Yxq
    - Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 LM WR: amzn.to/4551v5Z
    - Fujifilm X-T5: amzn.to/3wOxS8W
    - Fujifilm XF 27mm f2.8 WR: amzn.to/3GHTAzM
    - Soft shutter button: amzn.to/3Xw7FYe
    - TTartisan 27mm f2.8 AF: amzn.to/3HQIE5d
    - 7Artinsans 25mm T1.05 amzn.to/3CrGogt
    - Fujifilm X-H2S: amzn.to/3rMFkif
    - SmallRig RC220b: amzn.to/3dOmsMJ
    - The best value for money camera in 2022: amzn.to/30rHNS2
    - Fujifilm 16mm F/1.4 WR: Gear I use, US links:
    - Samyang 12mm F2 AF Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31Yezyi
    - Nikon 24-70 F4 S (600$): amzn.to/3DwdwCk
    - Nikon Z7 II: amzn.to/31FimzU
    - Nikon Z7 II + 24-70 F4 S: amzn.to/3rP39HE
    - Fujifilm X-T4: amzn.to/32fPps7
    - Fujifilm 18-55 OIS F2.8-4: amzn.to/2ZoP0lv
    - K&F Lens Adapter Ring Nikon G to Fujifilm X: amzn.to/31luN0E
    - Zhiyun Weebil S: amzn.to/2ZneT59
    - Nikon D850: amzn.to/3hhlUui
    - Tamron 24-70 f2.8: amzn.to/3ihEJPn
    - Tamron 70-200 f2.8 G2: amzn.to/2SlGTlu
    - Tamron 15-30 f2.8: amzn.to/3jr4WeN
    - Nikon 50mm f1.8 G: amzn.to/3jcNQk2
    - Haida M15 Filter Holder System: amzn.to/2Smnl0x
    - Haida 150mm ND1000 Neutral Density: amzn.to/36nizrT
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 58mm: amzn.to/32fXDR7
    - Hoya Nd 16 filter 82mm: amzn.to/3igRbir
    - Backpack Lowepro Pro Tactic 350 AW: amzn.to/35p6jqe
    - Backpack Lowepro Whistler Backpack 450 AW II: amzn.to/3ij8aQT
    - Main light, YONGNUO YN600 Air LED: amzn.to/3k2ahcs
    - Fill light, GODOX LEDM32: amzn.to/2GQBJf7
    - Cards, Sandisk extreme pro: amzn.to/3mmTZwD
    - Cards, Sony Xqd: amzn.to/32qK1lW
    As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. The links above are affiliate links and if you decide to buy the gear through them I earn a small commission. It costs you nothing but helps me to make more videos for you to enjoy.
    My Presets Pack: andreidima.com...
    Buy me a coffee: www.buymeacoff...
    FOLLOW
    INSTAGRAM: / dima.travel. .
    FACEBOOK: / dima.travelling
    TWITTER: / dima_travelling
    BUY PRINTS: fineartamerica....
    EMAIL: contact@andreidima.com

Комментарии • 80

• @kevindiossi
    @kevindiossi Год назад +20

Andrei, these are some of the strongest images you’ve shared on this channel. Some incredible work!

• @JeffreyHauser
    @JeffreyHauser Год назад +15

The 23mm, 35mm & 50mm “Fujicrons” f/2 lenses are an exceptional value for their respective price points. The small size makes them a joy to use.

• @bill3117
    @bill3117 Год назад +8

Agreed! My 23mm, 35mm, and 50mm f/2 lenses are very well made. I love the "feel" of the aperture ring on these lenses! They work great on my XPro3, and kind of disappear on my larger XH-1. ;) Love your honesty about the quality of the pictures at different apertures!

• @rorydonohue1832
    @rorydonohue1832 Месяц назад +1

The b&w picture with the umbrella is fantastic!

• @nirajgandhi5921
    @nirajgandhi5921 Год назад +9

Great review! I’m thinking about downgrading from the 18mm and 33mm f/1.4 and replacing them with the 23mm and 50mm f/2 purely for the size. While the 1.4s are fantastic, I miss the smaller kit

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +1

Thank you!

• @AlexanderBischof
      @AlexanderBischof Год назад +1

I like the 1.4 versions for weddings Etc. but for my private use I like the smaller size much more. F1.4 bokeh I love very much but it’s so great to have such a small lightweight kit. So I think about buying the 23 and 50 (the 35/2 was my Fuji entry lens)
      If you don’t have the 1.4 lenses you want them all the time. If you have them I don’t like the size and weight. Specially on the X-T line and xpro the smaller lenses fit much better

• @ninodjuras
      @ninodjuras Год назад

@@AlexanderBischofI have nice collection, XF16mm f2.8, XF33mm f1.4 and XF50mm f2, all I need 💪🏻

• @paulthomas8986
    @paulthomas8986 Год назад +4

Another awesome review video. Thanks for letting us know both the good and bad, and showing all of the amazing photo examples. These small prime lenses are one of the best parts of Fujifilm cameras. A nice bonus that it works so well in video.

• @nevvanclarke9225
    @nevvanclarke9225 Год назад +3

I have this lens and I love it are use it for so many different things and it is my main lens I have on my camera if I'm not shooting landscapes. I do a lot of landscape photography with my ex T5, but I also just go out and shoot photos in the community and do events as well and this is my go to lens. I decided I didn't need the F1 .4 for the 23 mm generally speaking because I'm shooting it at F2 .8 anyway so it's still fast enough at F2 - plus it save me a lot of money.

• @vladimir_filipas
    @vladimir_filipas Год назад +1

One of the best reviews of this lens! I got it 3 years ago and since day one 23mm never leave my travel bag wherever I go…
    I’m confident to use it even at f2 when needed on my xt2/xt3 except on mfd…
    I love the warm tone and colors and higher contrast that this lens has.

• @AndreiDimaReviews

Thank you! I think all these small WR lenses are great for travel.

• @vladimir_filipas
      @vladimir_filipas Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews I agree, I have all four of them and combine to carry around 16+35 or 23+50 depend on scenes and topic.

• @SummersSnaps
    @SummersSnaps Год назад +1

It's a good lens imo, for all the reasons you state. I haven't bothered looking at any of the 1.4 offerings as I feel an additional stop and IQ benefits the others offer over the smaller fujicrons is not enough to warrant the price and size increase. I really wish Fuji pushed for some f1.0 or 1.2 offerings at the 23 and 33mm lengths to get a little more on par with a FF like experience. The 50/1 is a good example of how they should approach the other lenses, its worth owning BOTH the 50/2 and 50/1 for the difference tasks and scenarios, but owning a f2 and f1.4 is not really worth it. It's like owning a Small and Medium lens whereas the 50/1 and 50/2 is like owning a Small and Large lens and having very clear distinctive case usage.
    So imo all the fujicrons are great, they need no negativity, Fuji struck a great balance here with AF performance, IQ, size weight and cost. It's the other lenses that are questionable from a productivity and sales perspective.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +4

I think some people are too obsessed with sharpness, expensive gear and forget what photography is all about. No photo ever got published, won a contest, etc for sharpness. These lenses are so easy to carry and use, giving you more space to think about composition and light, walk more, hike more, be more relaxed, things that may improve you're photography.

• @SummersSnaps
      @SummersSnaps Год назад +1

@@AndreiDimaReviews Absolutely. I whack a Tiffen Soft FX 3 filter on mine and it produces super results full of character that other modern clinical lenses can't touch. All you need to do is be aware of what lenses do what and pick the right one for the right job. It's boring if every lens is optical perfection because that leads to x results, sometimes lenses that don't score well lead to very pleasing results. This is after all art.

• @simonefaluschi3940
    @simonefaluschi3940 Год назад +1

Hi, I fully agree with you. The size, build quality and sharpness at 5.6 let me to buy this lens to be used with my x-e4, a very compact combination without sacrifying the quality (for street I use it mostly at f5.6). Great pictures showed in this video.

• @Kdkjdjewerdnxa
    @Kdkjdjewerdnxa 3 месяца назад +1

It’s weird that Fuji left the original 23 1.4 off the list of supported 40mp lenses when that lens is quite a bit sharper than f2 WR. The f2 wr is great and so is the new 23mm f1.4 but the original 23mm 1.4 had the focus clutch that is a huge plus for me.

• @walkingmanvideo9455
    @walkingmanvideo9455 Год назад +2

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Another Andrei Dima very informative video!!!! Superb photos. Are they using a default recipe in the camera or have you edited in LR or PS?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +2

Thank you! The photos are edited using Capture One. I used Classic Chrome and Classic Negative as my starting point.

• @walkingmanvideo9455
      @walkingmanvideo9455 Год назад +1

@@AndreiDimaReviews Thank you for the reply.

• @olgadekell
    @olgadekell Год назад +4

This is my favourite lens but I'm tossing up whether to take this one or the 18-55mm (with the X-T4) on future travels. I usually choose the zoom but the 23mm f2 is so light and small ... what do you think?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +3

Both are good lenses but I would choose the 23mm. I noticed when I use zooms I get less productive (lazy). Especially when it comes to street photography, when I use primes I think more about composition and I get closer to my subjects getting in my opinion better results.

• @colinhoward2200
      @colinhoward2200 Год назад +1

I started with the 18-55mm as the kit lens, and bought the 23mm a few months ago. Thought I would just have it with me in my pocket for fun, but I found I now leave my 18-55mm behind. It is just an all round nicer to use lens, and what is not mentioned anywhere is that it does not seem to suffer from the sudden jumps in exposure as you change the aperture as you do in the 18-55mm - that is very smooth. I thought I might miss the zoom, but honestly speaking it makes you think more. Of course, you can't always do this, but if you want a closer field of view just walk and get closer :D Then you also have the option of cropping on an X-T5 anyway. As this lens is sharper than the 18-55mm this is not a problem. I even take video now at 6.2K so I can crop in on that too. You also get a crop of 1.23 at 6.2K - so that helps too.

• @tedtedsen269
    @tedtedsen269 10 месяцев назад +2

i also have xt5 and 23mm f2 and four other lenses but WHERE dide you find that red shutterbutton looks cool

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  10 месяцев назад

Here is a link for the soft shutter button: amzn.to/3Symt9v

• @voorachter2733
    @voorachter2733 Год назад +2

Very good video. Sadly I already have it so I cannot buy it again but you got me close

• @briangriffindrums777
    @briangriffindrums777 Месяц назад +1

Beautiful photos 👍👍

• @briankavo
    @briankavo Год назад

Bought the 23mm F2 back when I got my first XT series camera several years ago (XT2). Still use this and it rarely comes off my XT5 these days.

• @randyk1919
    @randyk1919 Год назад

Thanks, great video and beautiful photos -- this will probably be my first Fuji prime lens purchase! Are you based in Valencia? I once toured there with my band and explored/photographed that amazing modern architecture one morning.. I also love the old streets, too!

• @jorddahl
    @jorddahl Год назад +1

Thanks for the video. Beautiful shots! Would you take the 23mm over the 27mm pancake?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +2

Yes, but it is a personal preference, I like the 23mm focal better. Both are very good lenses.

• @jorddahl
      @jorddahl Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews Thanks for the feedback. Thinking of going 13/23/33 for primes.

• @manuelmorandelruste9549
    @manuelmorandelruste9549 7 месяцев назад +1

Nice shots!

• @traceybartlam7737
    @traceybartlam7737 Год назад +2

Great images 👍🏼

• @LenSaPrinz
    @LenSaPrinz 3 месяца назад +1

@Andrei Dima Hi may i know which lens bestfor videography tks

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  3 месяца назад

All lenses that have a linear motor, LM in the description of the lens. The XF 16-55mm f2.8 is a good choice.

• @LenSaPrinz
      @LenSaPrinz 3 месяца назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews ok tks for the information.

• @LenSaPrinz
      @LenSaPrinz 3 месяца назад

Hi Andrei Dima How about the 23mm f2 I saw on RUclips some reviewers say 23mm f2 also good for videography have you test the lens I want to double check is the 23mm f2 good for videography tks

• @Jidccruz
    @Jidccruz 8 месяцев назад +1

Would you still get this over the 27mm f2.8 R WR?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  8 месяцев назад +1

Yes, because it is better for video.

• @Jidccruz
      @Jidccruz 8 месяцев назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews thanks for that. Buf if it will be mainly photography? Are the IQ, AF better with the 23?

• @ronald7482
    @ronald7482 Год назад

I m considering to get the XT5 with the 50mm for portraits. After seeing this video I m not sure anymore because i will shoot on F2.0
    Have I look to an other lens?

• @AndreiDimaReviews

Get the Sigma 56mm f1.4, great price and image quality.

• @bennielaars
    @bennielaars Год назад

Nice video and very nice pictures.
    Interesting comment about not needing a 35mm lens when you can crop a 40MP sensor

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад

Thank you! Cropping helps in many situations, we all crop photos.

• @tomszan
    @tomszan Год назад

The pictures are nice, I want to buy this lens too. What do you prefer to shoot with it?🙌✌️ Thx😉

• @Jgheiler
    @Jgheiler 9 месяцев назад

I wonder if fuji will ever update their F2 lenses....

• @andrewphillips2520
    @andrewphillips2520 Год назад

great vidoe, thank you!

• @rjbiii
    @rjbiii Год назад

I absolutely love this lens on my x-t5!

• @ldmndz4652
    @ldmndz4652 Год назад

Do you guys that have this combo Fuji X-T5 and 23mm F2..does this lens render good images with the new sensor and higher megapixel count?..I am new to Fuji and was thinking of this lens or the Viltrox 23mm 1.4 V2? the Viltrox for the price seems like a good deal of a lens as well?...what do you think Viltrox or this Fuji 23mm F2?..thanks

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад +4

Did you watch the video? I said it is a good lens on the new sensors, it is also on the Fuji 40 MP list. I used the Viltrox on the X-T4 not the X-T5 but I think the Fuji is sharper.

• @eYACTION
    @eYACTION Год назад

Great work impressive my friend 👌😉

• @mostlymessingabout
    @mostlymessingabout 11 месяцев назад

How does it compare to 22 f2 on X100?

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  11 месяцев назад

It is better than the on the X100, I don't know if it is better than the one on the X100V.

• @nikkonkde
    @nikkonkde Год назад

I’m curious if you had the chance to test the Zeiss Touit 32mm f1.8. I’m curious what you think of it.

• @AndreiDimaReviews

No, not yet, I am looking for one on the second hand markets.

• @nikkonkde
      @nikkonkde Год назад

@@AndreiDimaReviews curious how you find the colors and generally f4-f11

• @steventan7543
    @steventan7543 Год назад

do you prefer viltrox 23 or this?

• @michaelb9940
      @michaelb9940 Год назад

Great video! Pls let me know your thoughts
      A combo of 18-55 WITH 35 mm OR 23 mm?
      Thank yoy

• @randyk1919
      @randyk1919 Год назад

I've owned the Viltrox 23 and while it was a nice lens and pretty sharp, the chromatic aberration was very noticeable.

• @AndreiDimaReviews
      @AndreiDimaReviews  Год назад

I prefer this one, the chromatic aberrations on the Viltrox are pretty noticeable.