Vanshades Window Pods 2.0 install & review - VW T6/T5

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 9 сен 2024
  • Visit Vanshades: www.vanshades....
    Link to my merch store (t-shirts, hoodies, etc.) j.mp/GDUBmerch
    If you've found my channel helpful you can buy me a coffee via ko-fi.com/gdubtv
    VIDEO GEAR USED
    Main Camera: Sony A7iii amzn.to/2Viwtny
    Tripod: Manfrotto 190 Go amzn.to/2KCjmX6
    Microphone: Rode VideoMic Pro+ amzn.to/2vvjGCv
    Deadcat: Rode VMP+ j.mp/3589QGZ
    GorillaPod: Joby 5K GorillaPod amzn.to/2vPjY6J
    B-roll camera: GoPro Hero 7 Black amzn.to/2Vn6prb
    Phone/backup camera: iPhone 11 Pro Max: amzn.to/3dCissQ
    Editing Computer: Apple iMac 27” 2018
    Editing Software: Final Cut Pro X
    Experience more GDUBTV via linktr.ee/gdubtv
    Please like, share, comment below, subscribe and most of all... enjoy the journey!
    For media or collaboration enquiries please email g.watson79@hotmail.co.uk
    Music licensed via SoundStripe: app.soundstrip...
    **DISCLAIMER**
    I'm not a professional - If you choose to copy how I install products or items in my van I accept no responsibility for any accidents you may encounter as a result!!

Комментарии • 34

• @GDUBTV
    @GDUBTV  4 года назад +1

Visit VanShades at www.vanshades.co.uk

• @rezreaver
    @rezreaver 4 года назад +2

they look stunning

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Thanks 👊🏼

• @russcurrie72
    @russcurrie72 4 года назад +1

They look the business Gordon, the vans looking great 😎👍

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Thanks, not too many bits left to add now

• @StephenPeters
    @StephenPeters 3 месяца назад

I did notice a large gap on the outside edge of these blinds.

• @paulkabluckyj3078
    @paulkabluckyj3078 3 месяца назад

Why is there a gap on the top half of the blinds on the sides

• @steve_and_lolas_hikes
    @steve_and_lolas_hikes Год назад +1

If only it was that easy. I had to buy longer Tek bolts and the ones at the top are still too short. Not the best design.

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  Год назад +1

They fitted mine for me, but sounds like you got yours all sorted... well done!

• @russellshotter5759
    @russellshotter5759 3 года назад

Evening bud, noticed you fitted Vanshades with after you fitted your aftermarket windows, how did you get away with the window pod knocking against the black window edging trim ? Did you cut off the trim then carpet the edges before you fitted the pods? Cheers

• @PaulMi11s
    @PaulMi11s 4 года назад +1

Another great video, and a nice intro to Vanshades for me... how does there blackout perform? atm, we end up putting thermal covers behind our blackout curtains.. so the Vanshades look like a great alternative.

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Complete blackout 👌🏼

• @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729
    @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729 2 года назад

You said you weren’t going to fit windows at the back 😂

• @nick27j
    @nick27j 4 года назад +1

Can you please confirm your happy with these 😂 only joking they look great, my only concern is them taking up to much of the window and it being a little dark inside. What’s your thoughts?

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

The side ones are fine in that the frames don’t really obscure the window aperture at all, the barn door ones though do make the rear windows a little smaller tho.

• @peter-bb9dv
    @peter-bb9dv 4 года назад +1

What about the Front doors windscreen et cetera Cheers,.

• @iamlukemorrison
      @iamlukemorrison 4 года назад +1

ruclips.net/video/PzbDmWZyrSs/видео.html He's covered... Literally!

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

@@iamlukemorrison Cheers bud ;)

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Yeah, I've got an external windscreen wrap that covers the front and the sides, but I'm going to change that for an internal set that attach separately with magnets. Personally I find them a little easier and they suit the way we use the van better :)

• @paulhoughton2550
    @paulhoughton2550 4 года назад +1

When will you be posting a video of you fitting the splashback? Will you show all stages including the scribing and cutting to size? I look forward to see this as I am currently looking into buying a splashback 👍

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

I’m actually fitting it tomorrow, won’t be doing a step by step install video on it tho as VanShades have their own install videos.

• @paulhoughton2550

GDUBTV ok bud, I’ve been trying to find a vid showing how people actually measure and cut to size as the vanshades vid only shows the install after it was cut to size👍

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

The way I did it was to offer the splashback up behind the unit. The splashback has a protective film on the top so I pushed the unit up against the splashback and used a biro to mark the line along the side of the cupboard unit and across the worktop edge, using the biro to mark the protective film. Then use a few strips of masking tape to protect the edges around the side of your lines that your gonna cut. I used a laminate jigsaw blade (on VanShades advice).. from there fitting is as per their video. Hope that helps mate 👊🏼

• @paulhoughton2550

GDUBTV thanks for the advice, I don’t have a gap all the way long behind the kitchen and everything is fitted in place I have made a template to fit the space and I am going to ask vanshades if they will make a brushed aluminium one to my sizes🤞

• @rhyssimms591
    @rhyssimms591 4 года назад +1

Awsome vid, if VW transporters were to go extinct, due to poaching and over fishing, what van would you get to replace it? ie transit custom, or Sprinter. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍🏼

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Can I choose a Crafter?

• @rhyssimms591
      @rhyssimms591 4 года назад +1

Gordon you pick what you want

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Crafter, then maybe a Transit Custom MS-RT.. I do like those! How about you?

• @russellmasters5764
    @russellmasters5764 3 года назад

Nice wheels. What are they?

• @Jasonion74
    @Jasonion74 4 года назад +1

👍

• @crazyroynewman
    @crazyroynewman 4 года назад +1

excellent video as always..van is coming along nicely..them shades are very cool and lots of colours to choose from and the price is resonable too..ʘ‿ʘ

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  4 года назад

Thanks pal 👊🏼

• @daz575
    @daz575 3 года назад +1

They look good but the price is way to expensive, there plain greedy,

• @GDUBTV
      @GDUBTV  3 года назад

They are on the more expensive side, but having seen the way they are designed and crafted they’re not cheap moulds or materials. It’s great gear, hence the price.