How to Fit VW Campervan Curtains. Transporter T5/T6.

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 7 окт 2024

Комментарии • 58

• @terrywilliamson8212
    @terrywilliamson8212 3 года назад

Good video, been puzzled how to fit curtains to my Vivaro. Easy when explained, fiddly job but we'll worth the effort.

• @down4first774
    @down4first774 5 лет назад +1

Thanks again another very clear easy to follow video.

• @CMB_Vinyl
    @CMB_Vinyl 3 года назад +4

Fitted one of my barn doors today & it wasn't the easiest of jobs I've ever done. The rails didn't seem to match up very well with the window frame & I snapped a few screws along the way. Can you upload a video of you fitting them to barn doors please?

• @Moustik989
      @Moustik989 2 года назад

Yeah that would be great !

• @ivanjazvic6603
      @ivanjazvic6603 11 месяцев назад

Same thing with my barn door T6.1 rails.. Did you get any help from Kiravans??

• @CMB_Vinyl
      @CMB_Vinyl 11 месяцев назад

No they never got back to me. I still have a few snapped screws & I ended up just leaving them. The second door I fitted was better than the first but it was still a bit awkward. Make sure the hole you drill is big enough for the screw some of mine were slightly too small which ended up with snapped screws.

• @Jack-Cabinetry
    @Jack-Cabinetry 3 года назад +2

Great little curtains. One question though, why don't the tiebacks come with a screw fixing? Seems odd to leave them loose.

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад +2

Hi Jack, its a fair point and one that could be put into action down the line. I think the thought behind it is to create a product with the aim to drill the least holes possible into the van in order to install. Your right, though, it would be handy to find a way to secure these better if possible. So always good for us to take this on board.

• @CliffordDive
    @CliffordDive 3 года назад

Great to watch before doing the job.

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад +1

Thanks for your feedback. Glad we could help you.

• @CliffordDive
      @CliffordDive 3 года назад

@@kiravans5874 I started with the barn doors. Had to saw the ends off the rails to let the door shut, and make a bracket for the top rail at the hinge end because of the window surround. I'm sure the rest will be easier 😁
      Nice product, despite all that!

• @kiravans5874

@@CliffordDive Sorry to hear you had so much problem with the fitting. Remember we are always here to help should you need any help or advice in the future.

• @topcat8820
    @topcat8820 3 года назад +2

Nice video . Not keen on the silver rails though . Would be nice if they were black

• @stephencooper5155
      @stephencooper5155 3 года назад +2

You can't spray some metal rails black? Bizarre.

• @alistairgraham9366
    @alistairgraham9366 11 месяцев назад

Can I buy curtain kit for both sliding doors of 2017 Hyundai i800?
    Thank you

• @wanderingrjt
    @wanderingrjt 3 года назад

If only it was this simple! Ruined the carpet the whole way around my first window I tried today, carpet kept wrapping around the drill bit and pulling away. Guess I done a cowboy job with the carpet 😔 3 more windows to go 😩

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад

Hmm. Not heard that one. Maybe apply a bit of tape to the drill area so the carpet doesn't catch any loose strands.

• @mikenefkens6626
    @mikenefkens6626 2 года назад

Having trouble with our t6 tailgate kit. The lower channel is just a straight rail, the tailgate is curved, so it fits no where near the metal skin 🤷🏻

• @pawel66krak
    @pawel66krak 2 года назад

Hello! im' bought today curtains to my VW T5 CampVan. How long is delivery time to Poland?

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  2 года назад

Hi thank you for your order! Deliveries to Poland should be 5-7 business days. Thanks

• @Redf322
    @Redf322 3 года назад

How do you do a tailgate? I’m putting mine in next week.

• @kiravans5874

Do you have the set for wiper, or non wiper? Please contact us directly at help@kiravans.co.uk so we can send you some information which will help. Thanks

• @Redf322
      @Redf322 3 года назад

I have a shuttle with wiper. Thanks.

• @cutsordesigns
    @cutsordesigns 4 года назад

Any tips on fitting the curtain on a tailgate version? Please.

• @philprice760
      @philprice760 4 года назад

Did you find out how the blinds fit on a tailgate version.

• @cutsordesigns

Phil Price
      I had a nightmare fitting the top rail. Can’t get a fixing in the thinest part of the window frame close enough to the corner. I gave up in the end. So no tips from me. 😢

• @philprice760
      @philprice760 4 года назад +1

cutsordesigns just spend an hour looking at it and wondered why they have supplied a straight rail for the bottom section. I see it goes under the wiper motor on top of the panel which doesn’t look great really . Why they couldn’t form a rail around the wiper housing I don’t know. Also I get where you are coming from with the top rail. This fouls in the corners against the seal. Tbh they are pretty rubbish and would probably have opted to make a panel with a blind in if I’d have known .

• @cutsordesigns

@@philprice760
      I'll not get my money back because I've chopped the top rail to size!! Will probably buy some velcro sew on tape and 3m tape the sticky yo the frame of the window. Probably won't hold whilst driving but would work for night use?

• @CMB_Vinyl
    @CMB_Vinyl 3 года назад

Also does it matter if using 2mm drill bit or 2.5mm drill bit?

• @kiravans5874

Hi, Its better to use a 2.5mm to ensure there is enough clearance for the screws to be secured into the rail. You could try with a 2mm but it may cause some friction when trying to secure the screws.

• @CMB_Vinyl
      @CMB_Vinyl 3 года назад

Thanks that might be where I'm going wrong then. I'll try 2.5 on next curtain rail. Any tips on removing snapped screws?

• @kiravans5874

@@CMB_Vinyl If you have an extractor or locking pliers you could try grasping the screw and slowly turning it counterclockwise until it's free. May be tricky due to the size of it but if you can find something to grasp it and turn it should work.

• @ivanjazvic6603

Hi. I ordered and got my left non sliding door curtain, right sliding door curtain and back door (barn door) curtains for T6.1 Transporter. The thing is that rear barn door curtain aluminium rails don't follow chassis curves like other two does perfectly. Is this odd or not? Is there any differencs from T6 to T6.1? Greetings from Croatia...

• @samstorton8763
      @samstorton8763 11 месяцев назад

Please note that the lower rail with barn door curtains has pre-bent ends but the centre section is straight so it does not follow the line of the window frame exactly. It will require to be pushed down in the middle and screwed in place. This does result in a slight gap below the rail on either side of the centre fixing screw.

• @ivanjazvic6603

Hi. Thank you for this tip, honestly I didn't noticed this detail. But as said earlier lower rail is not so difficult but upper is a guite ugly to so so much gap no matter how you put it on...

• @Redf322
    @Redf322 3 года назад

Can you screw the tie backs to the side of the van?

• @kiravans5874

I don't see any reason why not...go for it.

• @Redf322
      @Redf322 3 года назад

@@kiravans5874 save losing them. Will try it

• @johnphillips3935
    @johnphillips3935 4 года назад

What about wiring loom within the NS top near window - is this not an issue when drilling?

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  4 года назад

That's a good point and always worth thinking about what is behind the panel you are drilling through. I've never had a problem when fitting these type of curtains though.

• @cutsordesigns

I couldn’t get a fixing close enough to the corner of the window, not ideal. I cut it to fit inside, obviously, but if I had left it a bit longer it could have fitted across the whole window, side to side, like the bottom rail. Maybe if you send me a new top rail I can try this and video the result?

• @jacks3718
    @jacks3718 4 года назад

Do you sell curtains for 2002 eurovan camper? I believe is is T4

• @kiravans5874

Hi jack, sorry we don't stock curtains for the T4 van.

• @metalmyron
    @metalmyron 4 года назад

Do you guys make curtains for transit customs?

• @kiravans5874

check these out: www.kiravans.co.uk/collections/transit-custom-2013-curtains

• @mistermister8
    @mistermister8 4 года назад

Don't fit the Transporter with privacy blinds in the doors, do they?

• @kiravans5874

I don't think so as the rails are specially shaped for panel van window openings with no obstructions or plastic trims.

• @mistermister8
      @mistermister8 Год назад

@@kiravans5874 so not the Shuttle. OK.

• @zerobambiro
    @zerobambiro 2 года назад

Noone has Curtains for Nissan NV200 :/

• @kiravans5874

Apologies for this 🙈we are expanding our ranges where we can. We do have a universal option which may work however, if you havent already seen pop on to our website www.kiravans.co.uk and take a look they work with most vans where a bespoke option isnt available.

• @frankiez7414
    @frankiez7414 2 года назад

I wouldn't be happy laying my dirty drill on a nice new pair of curtains

• @kiravans5874

Hi Mikes tools are spotless so he doesn't have that problem 😀

• @JeanLouisBourdon
    @JeanLouisBourdon 5 лет назад

nice video, but maybe you should use safety glasses when drilling, especially metal

• @thegad650
    @thegad650 3 года назад

Purchased all 6 for transit custom, onto the rear windows, not 100% sure how to fit bottom rail, is it turned 45° to front 4 curtains

• @kiravans5874

The Top rail comes pre-bent to fit the recess. The bottom rail is straight and is intended to be fit just below the door hinge. If you contact us directly I can send you an image and instructions. Hope this helps

• @thegad650
      @thegad650 3 года назад

@@kiravans5874 all sorted, the bottom press stud could of been a bit higher as the door stay stops you using one.

• @kiravans5874
      @kiravans5874  3 года назад

@@thegad650 Glad you've managed to sort it. Thanks for letting me know :)