• Click for more info and reviews of this Valterra RV Waste Valves:
    www.etrailer.c...
    Check out some similar RV Waste Valves options:
    www.etrailer.c...
    www.etrailer.com
    Don’t forget to subscribe!
    / etrailertv
    Full transcript: www.etrailer.c...
    Hey, guys. Kevin here with etrailer. And today, we're gonna be taking a look at and showing you how to install Valterra's double waste valve. This double waste valve is gonna come with two easy to use levers. You can easily pull that open. Close it up, it's gonna close that valve up.
    They can easily be swapped out if you just go ahead and pull those bolts from your old one instead of having to cut off pipes, add in extra fittings, and glue it all together. Now obviously, if your fittings or your pipes next to it are kind of damaged, then you will want to fully do it and swap it over. But this should be a really, really easy setup for you. And then once you're complete, all you have to do is put that cap right back over and you're all good to go. So today, our neighbor is needing his double waste valve replaced on his motorhome.
    We can take a quick look at what exactly is wrong with our system here. They have it all kind of taped up so we'll need to peel back that tape. And if we have no issue with our pipe itself, we can easily just undo these little bolts on each one of our valves and just swap it out without having to actually glue anything, but we'll first need to remove all of this tape. So, now that we've got this completely cleared off of all that tape, and we can get a better view of what's going on in here. It is just the valve that's broken so we can definitely go ahead and just unhook this by taking out our four bolts.
    And then we can do the same thing over on our gray tank side and then just pull the whole waste valve out. (tool rattling) (metals clanking) So I've gone ahead, I've gotten all of my bolts out. I just have it kind of sitting here with the valves open 'cause there's still some water left in our sewer and it's all coming out right now. I've got that draining out. Definitely doesn't smell the best.
    So, if you still have some water in yours, make sure you throw on the respirator and stay safe. After that, I've gone ahead and I started taking off the pieces for our new drain. So, what we're gonna do is we're just gonna take that flange off with our hub and then bolt this right into our old one. That way, it's super easy. We don't have to cut anything, we don't have to reglue anything in place. So, when you're doing this, you definitely wanna make sure that you remove your old seal on there. There's a little gasket seal and use the new one. You should see one on both sides. I'm gonna pop this one off and we'll put this on our old flange as well. You might need to get a little screwdriver just to kinda get in there. So, I'm gonna set that little gasket aside and we'll grab our gray tank gasket. Set that aside as well 'cause I wanna swap those out, make sure that everything's good for our new setup here. Now, if you really want to and there's no issues with the pipes itself on your double waste valve, you honestly could just swap out just the valves 'cause all it is is, like I said, just bolt it in place. It's really easy to just take apart and swap out instead of having to replace the whole unit itself. But we can go ahead and pop this out. Still got a little bit of glue from that tape on there. (metals clanking) Set those aside and here you can see the old gasket. It's probably not in too bad a shape but like I said, I wanna make sure that we swap it out and get something nice and new in there. Swap on a new one. Yep. Actually, it doesn't look like there's one on this side so that one might have worn away. So, we'll go ahead, push that in place. All right, we can stick our waste valve on and just get these started, and come back and tighten it once we have everything in place. And now, we can just repeat that same process on the right side with our gray tank valve. All right. Now, we have that in place, I don't have it fully tightened yet so I can kind of position this how I want. I'm gonna try and angle it down just a bit 'cause we want everything going downhill. Happy with that. Now, we can go ahead and just start tightening up all of our bolts and nuts. While you're doing this, you do wanna get it nice and tight, but you wanna be careful because these parts are all plastic. So, if you tighten it too much, you could end up cracking it and breaking off one of the little ends of that corner right there and not being able before you tighten it back down. And then at that point, you'd have to cut the pipe and start gluing on parts. Now, with it all in place and tightened down, we can g

Комментарии • 2

• @n.elliott9122
    @n.elliott9122 7 месяцев назад +1

Good job and informative. One suggestion is to add dielectric grease, petroleum jelly or similar to hold the seals in place for us on the roadside or camp site repairs.

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  7 месяцев назад +1

That's a great idea, thank you!
      www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Valves/Valterra/T80.html